have you heard of CHEESECAKE FACTORY?

do they have that in the philippines yet?

that is the BEST place to get cheesecake!

click here to see their menu on the lower left side, click on "CHEESECAKES" i bet you'll be impressed with their selections  :)

i've heard of CHEESECAKE FACTORY...im not sure if there's one in now in the phils but we have it here in saudi arabia...its quite expensive but its worth it for cheesecake lovers like me!!! :)

i've tried cheesecakes of starbucks, KFC, Pizzahut and House of Donuts here in riyadh...i like them all

my mum's trying to teach me how to do a different kind of cheesecake...chiffon cheesecake...YUMMY!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

There are cheesecakes and there are CHEESECAKES! For all of you who have had this long affair with cheesecakes you will thank me for posting this here .... haha. :D

Recently tasted two of the yummiest cheesecakes I have had in eons! This first one is from Karen Young and this is really a great way to have a taste of heaven in two flavors in one sitting. :) 8" round at PhP665.00, allow 24hrs for an order. They deliver only within Makati and only on Wednesdays otherwise you'd have to pick it up in Palm Village. Since I can't post the contact number here kindly send me a PM if you are interested in ordering.

post-8751-1141468620.jpg

post-8751-1141468664.jpg

Edited by Lipstick

This second one is by Gerald Gan. Dubbed as the supermodel of cheesecakes by dessert enthusiast Lori Baltazar (the photos were taken by her)-- pure cream cheese seductively melting in your mouth (eat at room temp)! 8"round for PhP 800, you can email him at raiyfe@yahoo.com for your orders.

post-8751-1141469067.jpg

post-8751-1141469121.jpg

Hi Gideon, sorry for the tardy reply...didn't see this till tonight. I didn't take notice of the height but it must've been 2inches in height for Karen Young's cheesecake and Gerald's was slightly taller. Karen's cheesecake has blueberry and strawberry toppings on one cheesecake.

Palm Village is just right before Rockwell along Estrella Street (before MetroClub as well). I can't recall if there is a minimum for delivery since I picked up my order. Will PM you the contact details so you can give them a call for your queries. :)

Hi Gideon, sorry for the tardy reply...didn't see this till tonight.  I didn't take notice of the height but it must've been 2inches in height for Karen Young's cheesecake and Gerald's was slightly taller.  Karen's cheesecake has blueberry and strawberry toppings on one cheesecake.

Palm Village is just right before Rockwell along Estrella Street (before MetroClub as well).  I can't recall if there is a minimum for delivery since I picked up my order.  Will PM you the contact details so you can give them a call for your queries. :)

Thanks for the info. :cool:

This second one is by Gerald Gan.  Dubbed as the supermodel of cheesecakes by dessert enthusiast Lori Baltazar (the photos were taken by her)-- pure cream cheese seductively melting in your mouth (eat at room temp)! 8"round for PhP 800, you can email him at raiyfe@yahoo.com for your orders.

Bibili ako nyan next wk. :)

How does it set w/o gelatin?

:blink:

hi everyone!

i'm a newbie, but i'll contribute my $0.02 as i have some experience with cheescakes. :)

as far as i know, cheesecakes that use gelatin are made primarily of CREAM (little bit of cream cheese to call it "cheesecake"); hence, they require require refrigeration to set.

cheesecakes that are made primarily of CREAM CHEESE don't require gelatin because it has some egg in it and sets after it is baked.

by "primarily", i mean its the ingredient that comprises the greatest part of the cake batter, in proportion to the other ingredients. obviously, cream-based cheesecakes are cheaper because they require cheaper ingredients and don't require oven time.

personally, i prefer the baked cheesecake. :) it tastes more...decadent. :P fyi, as far as i recall, all the cookbooks i've read by better-known gourmets don't use gelatin in their recipes.

the recipe that i've developed over the years is based on the cheesecake recipes of a female better known for her cookie franchise. :D and yes, i don't use gelatin in it.

the next time i bake cheesecake, i'll try to upload some shots.

hi everyone!

i'm a newbie, but i'll contribute my $0.02 as i have some experience with cheescakes.  :)

as far as i know, cheesecakes that use gelatin are made primarily of CREAM (little bit of cream cheese to call it "cheesecake"); hence, they require require refrigeration to set.

cheesecakes that are made primarily of CREAM CHEESE don't require gelatin because it has some egg in it and sets after it is baked.

by "primarily", i mean its the ingredient that comprises the greatest part of the cake batter, in proportion to the other ingredients. obviously, cream-based cheesecakes are cheaper because they require cheaper ingredients and don't require oven time.

personally, i prefer the baked cheesecake.  :) it tastes more...decadent.  :P fyi, as far as i recall, all the cookbooks i've read by better-known gourmets don't use gelatin in their recipes.

the recipe that i've developed over the years is based on the cheesecake recipes of a female better known for her cookie franchise. :D and yes, i don't use gelatin in it.

the next time i bake cheesecake, i'll try to upload some shots.

Thanks for the info.

I have this to die for recipe from a best gal friend and I've tweeked it some... what makes it different is the crust...I make mine with graham crackers (or chocolate cookie crust) with chopped macademia nuts and coconut flakes.

I mix the cream cheese with ricotta cheese and whip cream then top it with blueberries or strawberies...you can use a mixture of berries if you like.

I'll take a picture of it next time I make it...

I bake it in a water bath and then refrigerate after...it comes out delicate and melts in your mouth type of texture

my friends always requests for it and they've even suggested that I sell it...I just make it for them na lang when they are craving for it

Edited by hottlipss