Favorite Quotes

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A death. What’s that, a bonus?!?! I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you go live in an old age home. You get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension, then, when you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day. You work forty years until you’re young enough to enjoy your retirement. You drink alcohol, you party, and you get ready for high school. You go to primary school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities. You become a little baby, you go back, spend your last 9 months floating with luxuries like central heating, spa, room service on tap, then you finish off as an orgasm! Amen. - George Costanza

• 2 weeks later...

From a long time ago:

Scene: A very posh party in London.

Bossy old aristocratic lady: "Winston, you're drunk!!"

Winston Churchill, somewhat tipsily relplied, "You are absolutely correct, I am drunk. But in the morning I'll be sober. Whereas you madam, will still be hideously ugly."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One always has to know when a stage comes to an end. If we insist on

staying longer than the necessary time, we lose the happiness and the

meaning of the other stages we have to go through. -- closing cycles by paulo coelho

Edited by sha79

From the book, "Never Give Up" by Joyce Meyers:

People who are called to greatness, meet great challenges.

No matter what CUMs your way, refuse to quit.

Do not stop hoping, believing and trying. Say, "I will NEVER quit; I will NEVER give up; I will NEVER say, "No way".

Edited by barenaked
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm always fascinated with Mark Twain's quotes...

It is noble to teach oneself, but still nobler to teach others--and less trouble.

Many public-school children seem to know only two dates--1492 and 4th of July; and as a rule they don't know what happened on either occasion.

Education consists mainly in what we have unlearned

Guest Riveria

Oftentimes we say goodbye to the person we love without wanting to. Though that doesn’t mean that we've stopped loving them or we've stopped to care. Sometimes goodbye is a painful way to say I love you.

Guest Riveria

Happiness is not found at the end of the road, it is experienced along the way. So take not for granted each moment of your life and you will find a reason to be happy each day.