All About Scents - perfumes/colognes

us_good

Creed Aventus (even if everybody is wearing it or some clone of it nowadays), the sillage is fantastic.

Creed Viking, love the sea salty ambergris vibe. Reminds me of an old scent, like classic Old Spice.

Amouage Interlude Man, best longevity and projection.

Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain and L'Ombre Dans L'Eau. For days when I want to be more subtle, more closer to skin but long lasting scents. A bit rosy (L'ombre) and unisex.

Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme. My first real fragrance after wearing M&S colognes. I will always keep a bottle for sentimental reasons. Probably why I like Amouage given the incense base)

No fragrance stories... but everybody likes to be complimented on how great they smell, whether they are standing up, sitting down or lying on their back. :)

Have been trying to acquire old school scents with original formulation based since I re-discovered dior fahrenheit from my dad's collection.

So far I got the following from ebay:

Original formulation of Eternity Men 1990

Aspen by Coty from 1989

Grey Flannel from 1987 formulation

Dior Poison 1985 (My first serious GF wore it and it just smells wonderful)

Acqua Di Parma Colonia from the 70s

Hey guys, is it safe to buy perfume brands in amazon?

If yes, what stores in amazon is the most trusted in buying perfumes? Pls reply. Thanks..☺️☺️

Dati oo. I used to buy my perfume from amazon when I was in the US but that was years ago. Now mukhang marami na fake items dun. Good alternative is perfumania.

I think I developed an allergy and this included scents, though I'm not that sure.

So I'm stuck with the following perfumes which I've had for several years now:

SERGE LUTENS Chergui

SERGE LUTENS Jeux de Peau

ANNICK GOUTAL Nuit Etoilee

L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR Traversee de Bosphore

L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR Timbuktu

GUERLAIN Vetiver

and several small snifters of PENHALIGON, including Sartorial and Endymion.

The Timbuktu I can still tolerate, and it's my favorite, but the Serge Lutens's give me funny reactions.

Anybody interested, I can sell some of these scents for a reduced price. Almost full, well-kept, and all bought in Europe except for the Guerlain, the Nuit Etoilee, and the Traversee. :)

La Nuit de L'homme by Yves Saint Laurent

It's hard to get this locally in the country though. "Riflesso" by Trussardi kinda smells like La Nuit de L'homme, for those who are wondering. :)

Is it worth the hype? Is it the best variant of YSL for men? I haven't tried La Nuit yet and I'm planning to purchase it online and papasabay ko sa friend na uuwi from US next month. Reviews I've read are mixed. Some say it's really good while some say the current formulation diminished its longetivity. So for you bro, ok ba?

Is it worth the hype? Is it the best variant of YSL for men? I haven't tried La Nuit yet and I'm planning to purchase it online and papasabay ko sa friend na uuwi from US next month. Reviews I've read are mixed. Some say it's really good while some say the current formulation diminished its longetivity. So for you bro, ok ba?

Actually, I've had mine a while back, so I am not sure if it has been affected with that reformulation. So far, satisfied naman ako at marami namang compliments. Kalat nga ang mga mixed reviews na yan sa ngayon; if you're just about to buy one, I'd suggest try the smaller bottle first or go with the EDP variant of it, La Nuit De L'Homme Le Parfum. Though I haven't tried the EDP version yet.

If you really want to try a smell of it, you may check Riflesso by Trussardi at Rustan's. It's like a flanker of La Nuit De L'Homme. Mapapa-2nd sniff ka kasi halos kaamoy talaga. Check mo muna bro kung pasok sa trip mong fragrance.

Edited by tboyijou

Actually, I've had mine a while back, so I am not sure if it has been affected with that reformulation. So far, satisfied naman ako at marami namang compliments. Kalat nga ang mga mixed reviews na yan sa ngayon; if you're just about to buy one, I'd suggest try the smaller bottle first or go with the EDP variant of it, La Nuit De L'Homme Le Parfum. Though I haven't tried the EDP version yet.

If you really want to try a smell of it, you may check Riflesso by Trussardi at Rustan's. It's like a flanker of La Nuit De L'Homme. Mapapa-2nd sniff ka kasi halos kaamoy talaga. Check mo muna bro kung pasok sa trip mong fragrance.

Thanks bro. Sige try ko yung small bottle muna, hintayin ko muna black friday. Hirap kasi wala YSL distributor dito sa pinas kaya di makahanap ng sample.

My recent purchases:

Acqua di gio profumo - so far it's been 8hrs na pero amoy ko pa rin kahit konti spray lang ginawa ko

Polo blue - one of my fave for everyday use

Versace eros - parating pa lang pero nabasa ko puro good reviews and one of the top perfumes for men. Nitry ko sa mall and ok nga.

My other collection:

CK IN2U

Polo black

Lacoste essential

Davidoff champion

Paco rabanne one million - my least favorite. Ang tapang, masakit na sa ilong.

My recent purchases:

Acqua di gio profumo - so far it's been 8hrs na pero amoy ko pa rin kahit konti spray lang ginawa ko

Polo blue - one of my fave for everyday use

Versace eros - parating pa lang pero nabasa ko puro good reviews and one of the top perfumes for men. Nitry ko sa mall and ok nga.

My other collection:

CK IN2U

Polo black

Lacoste essential

Davidoff champion

Paco rabanne one million - my least favorite. Ang tapang, masakit na sa ilong.

Hi miss paupau i have paco robanne one million and this is my favorite inde nmn po matapang cguro depende sa dami ng inispray mo

and if ever i want to purchase it again

Edited by wilde_imagination
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...