Pc's Open 24/7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My PC is running 24/7 for almost a year now.

If it is in windows you need to restart it if it slows or pops some errors.

About the PSU, if you like 24/7 operation then go for a UPS "uninterrupted power supply"

But here are some advice

Be careful on adding fans on your casing. More fans not necessary mean cooler system.

Incorrect placement of fans will just increase it's temp rather than lowering it

Even though your room is air conditioned. Your hardware are taking huge amount of burden

You must consider not only the temp but also moving parts. Especially the HDD

In short running a PC 24/7 will shortens its lifespan.

Oh, I also want to add the it is only the CPU that runs 24/7 and not the monitor. (use the power save option of the monitor.)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

guys ask ko lang papano pag sa mga laptop or netbooks, ok lang din ba 24/7?

hmmm if you have an external cooling system or an air conditioned room, i guess it is possible. but in my opinion, i wouldn't recommend leaving them on because their parts are not exactly like the desktops that are for heavy-duty use (like for games in a LAN party to give an example). and the common problem i hear if that is done is that either the hard drive doesn't work or the screen is burned out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

guys ask ko lang papano pag sa mga laptop or netbooks, ok lang din ba 24/7?

Well...nasubukan ko na dating paganahin ang Del Laptop ng isang buwan na hindi pinapatay or nirerestart but ok pa rin, yun nga lang nagka problem lang sa batery (naovercharge yata) kaya pag tinanggal ko na sa plug, patay agad yung laptop. (I should have remove the battery back then mahal pa naman yun)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

PC's are ok, mine its been already 6 years old and very seldom na na tuturn off ito without aircon by the way but my casing is already skeletal walang cover all open for ventilation purpose make sure to do it that way to lessen the heat and make sure also to have a best anti-virus and i mean the best up to date that means you must buy or rather format it once in a while. Make sure you have the best hardware also that can stand long hours.

B) been doing this since i bought one of my laptops in 2007...and its even a local brand (neo)...it only gets turned off during blackouts...until now its working perfectly fine...no problems to date...and the speed still is comparable...i took off the battery since its always plugged in...no cooling system whatsoever...plus the fact that it is being used in a room without air conditioning system...though, side by side with my dell inspiron, the latter didnt perform as well...one of those instances where branded products didnt live up to their brand... B)
  • 2 months later...

I have an old Acer Extensa 6600 series laptop that's always on 24/7. Laging naka-download ng torrent at seeding.

Ideally, you should always make sure that your computer is turned off every now and then just to have it rest, or refresh everything. Ang downside lang naman ng laging naka-bukas ang computer eh iikli ang buhay ng computer.(life span)

My modem and router is always on, though my modem was changed recently because of a fried circuit two months ago after that freak thunderstorm. Pero bago palitan, bukas un for 1 year na....

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

my 2 cents

laptop batteries are not meant to be used 24x7. doing so will gradually diminish the length of time the battery can provide power. some laptop models offer a way to stop the battery from charging while connected to A/C power.

mas maganda bumili ng desktop na micro ITX ung form factor para space saving plus generates less heat. then use that with a SAMSUNG Spinpoint hard drive which i believe to be applicable to 24x7 operation.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...