Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

add ko na din, based on my research, 2 ang IP address if im not mistaken. Isang internal at external IP address. I dont know which one is which. Kung yung ISP mo ang internal or yung detect ng Yahoo? (dnt have an idea). Anyway, ano ba track nila syo, yung internal or yung external IP address mo??

thanks

technically speaking, your computer can hold more than 1 ip address it all depends on how many network cards it can hold. pede ito wireless, wired, blutooth etc. the other ip address your talking about is the "internet" address na binibigay sayo ng isp mo when youre connecting to the net. also, from the view of the ppl on the net, what they can see, normally, is the ip address given by the ISP. pero kugng meron silang tracer tool, at hindi maganda ang security mo sa network mo, they can pinpoint your ip address via mac adress...which is a different story.

to know better about these thing tol, better learn it the ryt way sa CISCO kc your touching a HUGGGGEEEE topic.

Whenever I plug my flashdisk into the desktop USB port, I frequently have problems with safely removing it. The computer keeps telling me that "the device cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later." I often have to shut down the pc just to remove the flashdisk.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

Follow up to my question:

Would either my pc or the flashdisk be damaged if I just pull out the flashdisk?

http://safelyremove.com/fullFeaturesList.htm e2 try mo ito

hi...hope you guys can help me. i installed nod32 today at my office pc to remove a pesky malware - flashy.exe. after rebooting the darn thing, my pc stopped responding - it just freezes after logging on the network and right after nod32 loads up. i tried rebooting for x no. of times but to no avail. i tried to restart the pc via safe mode to uninstall the AV but the prob was i couldn't log on the office network...so no luck there :(

i stored a lot of important data on that pc - which included my outlook files, et al.

it's really important for me to see and check/retrieve/backup the contents of my HDD before i call tech support to reformat the whole thing next tuesday.

Will utility tools like BartPE or a Linux LiveCD do the trick? please advise...i'm at the end of my rope...i need to retrieve a really important file for my boss. many thanks. :wacko:

i pressed something on microsoft excel and now ALL files and folders in the documents and settings folder are read only! i can't change anything! how can i undo this? i tried right click -> properties but it doesn't work

1)highlight all folders that needs to their properties changed

2)right click>properties

3)uncheck Read Only

4)Ok

hi...hope you guys can help me. i installed nod32 today at my office pc to remove a pesky malware - flashy.exe. after rebooting the darn thing, my pc stopped responding - it just freezes after logging on the network and right after nod32 loads up. i tried rebooting for x no. of times but to no avail. i tried to restart the pc via safe mode to uninstall the AV but the prob was i couldn't log on the office network...so no luck there :(

i stored a lot of important data on that pc - which included my outlook files, et al.

it's really important for me to see and check/retrieve/backup the contents of my HDD before i call tech support to reformat the whole thing next tuesday.

Will utility tools like BartPE or a Linux LiveCD do the trick? please advise...i'm at the end of my rope...i need to retrieve a really important file for my boss. many thanks. :wacko:

its so unusual you have admin access to your networked pc, prolly ur not in a domain. but anyway, did you notice IF you had a working anti-virus on your system before you installed the nod32? normally the IT wud install an antivirus on client workstation in a network. if u do, prolly the 2 antivirus system are fighting off one another because they both interpret one another as a threat/virus.

try this one....

reboot your system and while booting hit F8, select LAST KNOW WORKING CONFIGURATION

if that worked good, if not, time to remove ur hdd and slave it on another pc for data retrieval. ddnt your IT personnel give you this as an option?

Edited by Anubis13
musta sa mga IT expert natin dyan, anybody can answer. Is it possible to penetrate ur computer if they know ur IP address? if so, pag naka ON lang computer mo or kahit naka OFF pero naka plug ang net connection mo? thanks

yes, possible, specially if your IP is public.

Hi,experts! I need help with my Lenovo y410 laptop. Recently, it's been shutting down on its own while I'm doing certain things.

It has MS Vista Home Premium OS. I have NOD32 antivirus and have already scanned my computer and there is no virus.

Now, the particular times that it shuts down (as automatically turns off without reboot) are:

*When I scan for viruses

*When I watch videos (first was with VLC then I used Windows classic media player to watch an RMVB anime file)

*When I searched for updates for Vista using the Windows Update feature

*When I tried to boot from the my windows CD to fix the problem

More often than not, this happens mostly when I watch videos and scan for viruses.

I've already checked my fan, (i don't think there's any dust accumulations there yet since this is a newly bought computer.

I gets hot fast but it's always been like this. It's only now that I've had this problem. Heck, sometimes it's not even hot yet but it still shuts down on its own when I watch a video.

Please help me,guys. Please PM me or reply here. Thanks!

Tidus bro, ilan ang memory mo?

its so unusual you have admin access to your networked pc, prolly ur not in a domain. but anyway, did you notice IF you had a working anti-virus on your system before you installed the nod32? normally the IT wud install an antivirus on client workstation in a network. if u do, prolly the 2 antivirus system are fighting off one another because they both interpret one another as a threat/virus.

try this one....

reboot your system and while booting hit F8, select LAST KNOW WORKING CONFIGURATION

if that worked good, if not, time to remove ur hdd and slave it on another pc for data retrieval. ddnt your IT personnel give you this as an option?

thanks you for your help. solved my prob.

it was really a bad call to install another AV when there's already one loaded via the network...i think it's avg...it's just that i got annoyed that a virus managed to proliferate despite having one. it's also a big bummer that the IT personnel in my company takes five years before they respond to problems like this. :thumbsdownsmiley:

anyway, i checked the hdd connectors and tried to start the pc again.

i F8-ed and tried to boot using safe mode with networking...i was able to log on using my credentials and was able to uninstall nod32 from the control panel before restarting the pc again. this time, it worked perfectly.

again...many thanks :D

Maybe someone can help me figure this out.

Last night, my laptop would hang after using the keyboard after several keystrokes. As long as I didn't use the keyboard everything was fine. My AVG 8 full scan revealed nothing. So far, tonight, it hasn't happened, but I'm typing at a slow rate just to see if maybe it was a hardware problem with the keyboard of this old laptop.

If it was/is a virus, what could it be? If this holds up after an hour or so, I will try to resume my typing work here at my regular pace and see what happens.

Thanks sirs.

1gig ram bro. yung video card is only 256mb.

(standard naman yata 1gig sa lenovo Y410)

anyway, the thing is that i never encountered this problem before. Talagang recently lang.

No one's been actually able to help me here.

try to scan muna your PC for malwares and spywares. these are normally not detected by anti-virus softwares.

use malwarebytes. search mo na lang sa google and download it.

na-encounter ko lang din yung experience mo just last week. it was not detected by my avast AV system, pero nakuha ng malwarebytes.

Maybe someone can help me figure this out.

Last night, my laptop would hang after using the keyboard after several keystrokes. As long as I didn't use the keyboard everything was fine. My AVG 8 full scan revealed nothing. So far, tonight, it hasn't happened, but I'm typing at a slow rate just to see if maybe it was a hardware problem with the keyboard of this old laptop.

If it was/is a virus, what could it be? If this holds up after an hour or so, I will try to resume my typing work here at my regular pace and see what happens.

Thanks sirs.

try also to do what i've advised Tidus above...

add ko na din, based on my research, 2 ang IP address if im not mistaken. Isang internal at external IP address. I dont know which one is which. Kung yung ISP mo ang internal or yung detect ng Yahoo? (dnt have an idea). Anyway, ano ba track nila syo, yung internal or yung external IP address mo??

thanks

IP address ung nakukuha mo sa ISPs, pwedeng Dynamic o paibaiba evrytime u restart your modem opr pwede ding static pag may IP/IP Block na ibinigay sayo ung ISP..

MAC address naman ang meron ung NIC o Lan Card mo... - ang alam ko lang pwede makita MAC address mo pag nakikigamit ng WiFi

guys pls help...

weird thing nangyayari sa pc ko...

meron akong folder na puro pics...

D:folder pics>pics

then nag-create ako ng new folder sa loob ng "pics" para i-organize kasi madami na yung pic sa loob ng "pics".

nung ilipat ko... pinili ko yung mga ililipat... then click "cut" tapos paste ko dun sa new folder na nasa loob din ng "pics"

tapos yung mga pics na lumabas puro "unknown file header".

nag try ako kapag "copy" at hindi paste ok naman sya, hindi nagiging unknown file header.

irfanview gamit ko pic viewer... tpos i tried viewing the pics sa windows pic viewer ganun din unknown file header...

help pls...

I need a little help concerning the sound driver ng comp ko. Kasi hindi ko malaman kung ano yung sound card ng computer, kaya di ko alam kung saan ko mapupulot yung driver. Meron bang program para malaman? Natatakot kasi ako buksan tong computer eh :unsure:

1download faronics system profiler.

2It's free at faronics.com

3Scan your pc

4Find the info regarding motherboard version and model or your external soundcard model.

5Go then to the manufacturer's website and search for it

6download the sound driver for that specific motherboard or soundcard

7install then reboot

8you are good to go

Edited by zeromike22
Hi,experts! I need help with my Lenovo y410 laptop. Recently, it's been shutting down on its own while I'm doing certain things.

It has MS Vista Home Premium OS. I have NOD32 antivirus and have already scanned my computer and there is no virus.

Now, the particular times that it shuts down (as automatically turns off without reboot) are:

*When I scan for viruses

*When I watch videos (first was with VLC then I used Windows classic media player to watch an RMVB anime file)

*When I searched for updates for Vista using the Windows Update feature

*When I tried to boot from the my windows CD to fix the problem

More often than not, this happens mostly when I watch videos and scan for viruses.

I've already checked my fan, (i don't think there's any dust accumulations there yet since this is a newly bought computer.

I gets hot fast but it's always been like this. It's only now that I've had this problem. Heck, sometimes it's not even hot yet but it still shuts down on its own when I watch a video.

Please help me,guys. Please PM me or reply here. Thanks!

There could be many reasons. I have encountered this before

BUt the most common is BIOS. Updating bios usually solves this problem. Go to the lenovo website then download the latest bios for your model. Lenovo have many technical issues. Be careful in installing the BIOS update or let someone knowledgeable do it for you.

guys pls help...

weird thing nangyayari sa pc ko...

meron akong folder na puro pics...

D:folder pics>pics

then nag-create ako ng new folder sa loob ng "pics" para i-organize kasi madami na yung pic sa loob ng "pics".

nung ilipat ko... pinili ko yung mga ililipat... then click "cut" tapos paste ko dun sa new folder na nasa loob din ng "pics"

tapos yung mga pics na lumabas puro "unknown file header".

nag try ako kapag "copy" at hindi paste ok naman sya, hindi nagiging unknown file header.

irfanview gamit ko pic viewer... tpos i tried viewing the pics sa windows pic viewer ganun din unknown file header...

help pls...

naku mukhang na corrupt ang files mo.. try running scandisk muna sa drive mo.. are you using an external drive ba?