Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

question is, since my GW IP is on the router, does the my modem have an IP or not?

eto po ulit IP Block ko.

111.222.333.10/29

111.222.333.10 - Network IP

111.222.333.11 - GW ko

111.222.333.12 - .16 (5 PCs)

111.222.333.17 - Broadcast IP

- Pero Sir I TELNET my GW (111.222.333.11) to change the configuration of my MODEM (DNS, USERNAME, IP ETC).

Thanks.

who gave you your IP block (111.222.333.xxx)? is the Network IP you're referring to the IP of your router?

seems to me your modem is also a router. since you're telling me all your PC's have the same gateway. yes your modem has an IP which also happens to be your PC's Gateway - that is, 111.222.333.11.

gud am.. mmm... by updating windows mbubura n ung virus? db still in the system un? i've tried 2 search through the net about that prob and finding solutions karaniwan dun cnsbi use hijack tpos post ko ung log den cla magaanalyze kung alin ung tatanggalin. bka po my ibang nakakaalam kung panu tanggalin un with out using hijack pra din malaman ko. TIA!

you can also try this first - see this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894391

hi! got a prob with my laptop. ive restarted it a wyl ago and d monitor turned dark. d last thing i remember(dat i did) is adjusted the power plan to "power saver".d ader 1 is,i unistalled programs of no use. d ader stuff dat i did? i dont exactly remember,but i just played around with settings and blah blah. den, i re-adjusted the power plan to "balanced" and stil no gud! i tried finding it out using the help and support of microsoft but didnt fine substantial results as they are referring to desktop not laptop. if ders any1 hir hu does have know-hows of laptop settings,dat wud be of great help. TIA!

anyone can show me how to uninstall deep freeze???

my deep freeze program got corrupted. I can't access the file anymore. There is no icon in the add/remove section. Control-shift-alt-f6 won't work.. I can't uninstall it. I can't even disable it. I can't even run the deep freeze installer . I'm hijacked by my own computer.

worst comes to worst, I have to reformat my computer coz i can't save anything on the drive.

Please anyone can show me an alternative on how to remove it...

use revo uninstaller :)

REVO UNINSTALLER

guys i need help. My cousin adjusted the monitor settings.after rebooting,the m0nitor doesn't display anything except for the sign "out of range",then the screen went all black..What should i do? Thanks in advance.

go into safe mode and re-adjust the monitor settings from there.

you could go to enable vga mode too if you want to

I need help

I have two PCs, the other one got fried (yung mother board), tatangalin ko yung hard drive nito

para kunin yung mga files saka para linisin na rin pagkatapos maretrieve at malipat yung mga files dun sa gumaganang pc.

How am I going to do that. I have an external hardrive thingy using USB can I use that, ganon po ba yun? when I used an external drive gizmo, hindi lahat ng files nag appear yung mga files sa My Documents ng PC na nasira di nag appear.

you could make the hdd as a slave

you could put the hdd on an inclosure and it would act like an external hdd.

hi! got a prob with my laptop. ive restarted it a wyl ago and d monitor turned dark. d last thing i remember(dat i did) is adjusted the power plan to "power saver".d ader 1 is,i unistalled programs of no use. d ader stuff dat i did? i dont exactly remember,but i just played around with settings and blah blah. den, i re-adjusted the power plan to "balanced" and stil no gud! i tried finding it out using the help and support of microsoft but didnt fine substantial results as they are referring to desktop not laptop. if ders any1 hir hu does have know-hows of laptop settings,dat wud be of great help. TIA!

so as soon as the computer turns on u dont see anything? :huh:

saan sya nag tuturn off? posting? boot? :huh:

I have a Kingston 1 GB YSB.

My problem is that it cannot be detected by my PC anymore or even other PC's

How can I still fix the problem???

Can it still be detected via Linux? kung hindi na, probably the USB drive is already defective. time to change...

Ummm.... :rolleyes: Is there a way of fixing the setting of my fonts, etc. for YM? I always, manually set the font size, font, etc. which is a waste of time.... :goatee:

Many thanks for those who can help. :thumbsupsmiley:

afaik, the settings can be fixed permanently via Preferences. if it does not work for you probably your YM client has a problem... just have it uninstalled and reinstall, preferably a new version.

I m planning to have my own website. magkanu kaya bumili ng sariling domain at magkanu ang monthly maintenance.. any ideas will deeply apprciated..

Thanks..

:mtc:

i paid for 850/year dun sa bagong domain ng business namin. walang monthly maintenance. renewable lang sya every year.

since marunong naman ako gumawa ng website and magmanage ng emails, ako na lang tumitira.

Can you give me an example of websites that is selling domain.. dito sa manila?

i paid for 850/year dun sa bagong domain ng business namin. walang monthly maintenance. renewable lang sya every year.

since marunong naman ako gumawa ng website and magmanage ng emails, ako na lang tumitira.

I Have a USERINIT.EXE error sa Win XP Laptop ko everytime I log-in then all I see is my Wallpaper, gano'n din when I tried in Safe Mode. When I tried to Repair using the Win XP CD when it Restarted the Install process ang sabi ay " Not enough system resources"... pa'no ba'to mga Masters... patulong naman!!!!!

sir, saan po ba maganda ang services & mura mag subscribe ng webhosting? pano po ba magsimula ng website? pag nagsubscribe po ba ako sa mga ISPs ng webhosting, sila na bahala sa domain registration? TIA

tabolits,

Either the userinit entry in the registry got deleted or modified. the correct entry for this one should be like this:

HKLM>SOFTWARE>MICROSOFT>WINDOWSNT>CURRENTVERSION>WINLOGON:Userinit=C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe,(YES, there's a comma after the .exe and NOTHING should follow after that)

or, possibly, the userinit.exe file found in the system32 folder got changed or corrupted.

question is, were you trying to perform a parallel-install? if you were, you have to make sure that you're performing it correctly. you can find step by step instructions on how to perform a parallel install here:

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winxppro/i...dexfullpage.htm

dont forget to create a new name for computer name and your username. also, prior to performing the said procedure, make sure that you've configured your computer to just the basic devices(monitor, kbd, mouse, and of course, the tower).

as an alternative, you can try copying a clean userinit.exe file from the i386 folder found in the XP cd(do this by booting to the XP cd and entering the recovery console). thing is, this is a rather tedious process as aside from copying a clean userinit.exe file, you will also need to modify the registry key for userinit(registry entry found above) using recovery console.

if you'd ask me, i'd go for the parallel install.

culpritmooncake,

was your laptop running on batteries, or was it plugged into the electrical outlet? im just guessing here, but most probably, your monitor went dark because your laptop was just running on batteries and it was running out of power, thus, the system dimmed or completely turned off your screen to conserve power. try plugging the laptop into the eletrical outlet and turn your computer on. unless the AC adapter isnt charging the battery(or the battery itself wont charge), your laptop should turn on perfectly, video and all. then, you can reconfigure your laptop's power options/settings to its defaults.

is it possible to retrieve files on a corrupted harddisk?if yes how?tnx

yes.

first option:

a. load it at slave on a linux environment. you may be able to retrieve files there.

but if it can't be recognized sa linux environment, you have no other choice except to bring it to a data recovery facility.

All of a sudden the other usb on my compaq laptop stopped recognizing devices

I tried it on all usb devices i have here but it wont recognize them.

I have 2 usb ports though. I decided to use a hub on the other port.

But im kinda scared what if the other usb port gest destroyed soon?

Pls help tried reinstalling drivers of mobo no luck

--

When i tested my mic,voice config and sound settings its ok

But when I talk, theres a beep, ot *toot* sound

I dont get it its distracting

YM 9.0 user here

don't know if this is the correct thread for my problem. anyway, I have Windows Installers (XP, 2000, 2000 & 2003 servers) pero hindi bootable. So what I do, example if I need to intall 2003 server, I will have to install 2000 muna (ksi yan lng yung bootable na meron ako), then upgrade it to 2003.

Is there a way to create a setup disk (from these CDs) to run on boot? I have tried Nero ksi before, bootable nga, pero ayaw mag run nung setup files, d daw pwede pag dos mode...

Edited by ibirp
don't know if this is the correct thread for my problem. anyway, I have Windows Installers (XP, 2000, 2000 & 2003 servers) pero hindi bootable. So what I do, example if I need to intall 2003 server, I will have to install 2000 muna (ksi yan lng yung bootable na meron ako), then upgrade it to 2003.

Is there a way to create a setup disk (from these CDs) to run on boot? I have tried Nero ksi before, bootable nga, pero ayaw mag run nung setup files, d daw pwede pag dos mode...

i assume that you are using pirated installers... hehehehe. XP yung sa akin, original and it boots from there.

ang alam ko, you can only create boot disks if you are inside na the operating system.

Recently I encountered this error problem with my PC. There is an error coming out which is "AVLtMain.exe"....it seems that this is related to the Panda Antivirus software I am using. My internet access is still ok but may problem ako with receiving and sending emails right now. i am not sure if my email problem is related to the AVLtMain error.

Hope someone can advise me on how to solve this one..

Thanks in advance!