Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

sir, ask ko lang po bakit nagdudump ng error while nagsesetup ako ng windows xp?

Dump error? I assume you're doing an upgrade install or a clean install that was initiated from within a pre-existing windows installation? Please try going the clean install route. It's much faster and much less likely to suffer from other "complications". :headsetsmiley:

sir, ask ko lang po bakit nagdudump ng error while nagsesetup ako ng windows xp?

dont exactly know wats the exact reason, but as far as i know, ung mga process na ginagawa sa computer are being stored first sa memory, and sometimes being temporary written at ur harddisk (pagefile or paging) for easy processing time and stuffs.

kapag hindi nadump ito, usually error occured.

already posted some troubleshooting guide in this kind of situation.

pero kung nag-upgrade ka, resetting the computer will do.

:hypocritesmiley: :headsetsmiley: B)

mga bro... i need your help badlyyyy....

meron akong frend from US... gamit nya DELL laptop...

nag-system restore kami using the second earliest time na checkpoint...

ang naging resulta, black screen na may lumabas na ganito, "error loading operating system"

tapos ni-restart... ganun parin...

ano kaya reason bakit nagkaganun?

ano dapat gawin para makapasok na ulit sya sa OS nya na Windows XP Home Edition?

and also... burado na kaya lahat ng files nun?

mga bro.. pls help us kung ano dapat gawin... pls...

mga bro... i need your help badlyyyy....

meron akong frend from US... gamit nya DELL laptop...

nag-system restore kami using the second earliest time na checkpoint...

ang naging resulta, black screen na may lumabas na ganito, "error loading operating system"

tapos ni-restart... ganun parin...

ano kaya reason bakit nagkaganun?

ano dapat gawin para makapasok na ulit sya sa OS nya na Windows XP Home Edition?

and also... burado na kaya lahat ng files nun?

mga bro.. pls help us kung ano dapat gawin... pls...

not necessarily... try booting to safe mode and undo the restoration.

ano nga palang reason bat kau nag system restore in the 1st place?

thanks bro...

sana maging ok na... kinakabahan ako kasi baka nabura na yung mga files...

bumagal kasi yung laptop then hindi na makapag-open ng IE... and also dumami yung

mga start-up items...

so naisip ko para madali, mag-system restore nalang... kaso bigla namang nagka-ganon :(

mali yun bro, baka me spyware cya. scan mo nlng.

Help please!!!

After reformatting my PC di na ko makaconnect sa DSL ko. I got ERROR 678 and and sabi ng pc technician sa ISP ko daw to. Ang sabi naman ng PLDT sa OS daw to. We've tried connecting my modem to a laptop and it worked. Nag IP config na kmi pero it seems ayaw mag retrieve nd DNS Gateway yung PC. FYI: Im using XP SP1. Sabi kasi ng friend ko bakadahil sa SP 2 na pinalit namin kaya binalik ko sa SP 1 pero to no avail pa rin. Ano na nangyayari sa PC ko??? Can somebody help me please!!!!!

By the way, kaya ako nag reformat ng PC kasi nasira hard disk ko while I was burning mp3 (i dunno kung may kinalaman to).

Please PM me regarding this. Or if someone can refer me to a professional PC techie. Thanks!

you have mentioned na nagreformat ka..do u hpen to know kung nag reinstall ka ng drivers ng Network card mo?

Help: Device Manager Non-existent

The first time I installed a new logitech webcam it worked. Kya lang when I did some restore routine after some technical issues keep popping out, the re-install of the webcam or any driver for that matter cannot be successfully done anymore. When I try looking at the Device Manager, it is empty as if all the files were deleted. What should I do? Kahit anong gawin ko di na ma-install.

Does this has something to do with the fact na my MS Office trial period is expired already. I'm afraid wala na ako sa Pinas to buy some activation key for my Office Student Teacher edition. Kaya I dont have any other choice but to buy the code here in the US.

If I have to re-install, how do i do that safely?

Appreciate any help on this.

Edited by Stiffy

The first time I installed a new logitech webcam it worked. Kya lang when I did some restore routine after some technical issues keep popping out, the re-install of the webcam or any driver for that matter cannot be successfully done anymore. When I try looking at the Device Manager, it is empty as if all the files were deleted. What should I do? Kahit anong gawin ko di na ma-install.

Does this has something to do with the fact na my MS Office trial period is expired already. I'm afraid wala na ako sa Pinas to buy some activation key for my Office Student Teacher edition. Kaya I dont have any other choice but to buy the code here in the US.

Bro, try this:

To resolve this behavior, set the startup type for Plug and Play to Automatic. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. Double-click Plug and Play.

If you receive a Configuration Manager message, click OK.

3. In the Startup Type list, click Automatic, and then click OK.

4. Close Services.

5. Restart the computer.

info from: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311504

If you did a system restoration na sakop hanggang installation period of the webcam, there might be a chance na ang driver mo sa webcam will be affected. but u could revert that changes becoz it will ask you if you want to restore it again to its previous state.

Pero kung ayaw na, try this step baka gumana...

1.) If your device is usb connected, try to remove the hardware then after a while kabit mo ulit.

(Usually mag dedetect ung computer na prompt you to take action)

2.) sa hardware wizard, try to install the driver manually... then path mo sa CD rom wer your driver's located.

(kung sa tingin mo nawala ung driver ng cam mo)

3.) try removing or delete the folder where the previous driver is located, if you know the path.

(proceed with extreme pre-cautions)

With regards sa MS office mo, sa tingin ko wala naman dun ung problema kaya nagloko ung cam...

the problem is your cam not your MS office. Thats a different scenario.

Also try reading XP training kit, and look for system restoration to further understand your current situation.

Hope this make sense to you.

Goodluck!!!

Here's the order of what happend to my PC and the things that I've done. Hope you can share some insights what can I do:

1. PC "crashed" when I was burning CDs. I was not online. Just burning music CDs.

2. PC tech guy said hard disk must be replaced because it gave up. So I replaced my HD.

3. Installed new HD and re installed OS (used XPpro)

4. Installed all that's supposed to be installed (drivers, programs, games etc.)

5. Setup internet connection using DSL option

6. ERROR 678 occured

7. Called PLDT, they said there seemed to be no problem on their end coz they "can see(?)" from their end that I'm connected so they referred me to see a PC techguy.

8. PC tech REFORMATTED my PC again and tried to reconnect. TO NO AVAIL.

9. PC tech installed a separate LAN card. tried to reconnect. TO NO AVAIL.

10. PC tech told me to call PLDT suggesting to change account number and password.

11. called PLDT and had call escalated because rep walked me through the usual steps (connection setup, manual IP configuration, etc)

12. PLDT dude went to my place and brought a laptop with him. We used his laptop to connect to the internet and it WORKED. So it means that my modem and cables are all fine.

13. PLDT guy checked IPCONFIG and we cannot renew the IP address. So he said its the PC who could not seem to do the task. and though there is an IP address, there is no DNS Gateway. So he again pointed me to the PC Tech to check PC

14. Instead of calling PC techie, I reformatted my PC, tried reconnecting again and tried some trouble shooting steps from my own research. (winSock repair, etc). TO NO AVAIL.

15. Now my friends suggesting me to do some manual (extracting a .inf file in the system32 folder and then I think reinstalling it???, di kami natapos kasi nakalimutan ng friend ko yung steps, pagaaralan daw nya ulit since sa DELL sya nagwowork).

So now, I'm still stuck with the problem which I think had gotten worse. Eversince I executed the winsock repair program (I downloaded from some site) it would always prompt me to go to CMOS and adjust the time and date (it now goes back to Feb 12, 2004!!!!!).

I hope you can share some stuffs. I wouldnt want to resort on buying a new motherboard.

Edited by dj_flip03
If you did a system restoration na sakop hanggang installation period of the webcam, there might be a chance na ang driver mo sa webcam will be affected. but u could revert that changes becoz it will ask you if you want to restore it again to its previous state.

Pero kung ayaw na, try this step baka gumana...

1.) If your device is usb connected, try to remove the hardware then after a while kabit mo ulit.

(Usually mag dedetect ung computer na prompt you to take action)

2.) sa hardware wizard, try to install the driver manually... then path mo sa CD rom wer your driver's located.

(kung sa tingin mo nawala ung driver ng cam mo)

3.) try removing or delete the folder where the previous driver is located, if you know the path.

(proceed with extreme pre-cautions)

With regards sa MS office mo, sa tingin ko wala naman dun ung problema kaya nagloko ung cam...

the problem is your cam not your MS office. Thats a different scenario.

Also try reading XP training kit, and look for system restoration to further understand your current situation.

Hope this make sense to you.

Goodluck!!!

Bro, the thing is its not only the webcam. Its the DEVICE MANAGER. Its blank dude. No contents. Whatever hardware I try to install it wont install but it detects USB connection. Weird nga eh. Will a reformat be the solution? If so, how do I do it?

Help!

Bro, try this:

To resolve this behavior, set the startup type for Plug and Play to Automatic. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. Double-click Plug and Play.

If you receive a Configuration Manager message, click OK.

3. In the Startup Type list, click Automatic, and then click OK.

4. Close Services.

5. Restart the computer.

info from: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311504

bro, tried this but no success. whats my next move?

Bro, the thing is its not only the webcam. Its the DEVICE MANAGER. Its blank dude. No contents. Whatever hardware I try to install it wont install but it detects USB connection. Weird nga eh. Will a reformat be the solution? If so, how do I do it?

Help!

bro, tried this but no success. whats my next move?

Bro, try to undo the restoration that you recently ran. If no go, OS reinstall na talaga. sorry.

Here's the order of what happend to my PC and the things that I've done. Hope you can share some insights what can I do:

1. PC "crashed" when I was burning CDs. I was not online. Just burning music CDs.

2. PC tech guy said hard disk must be replaced because it gave up. So I replaced my HD.

4. Installed all that's supposed to be installed (drivers, programs, games etc.)

6. ERROR 678 occured

7. Called PLDT, they said there seemed to be no problem on their end coz they "can see(?)" from their end that I'm connected so they referred me to see a PC techguy.

10. PC tech told me to call PLDT suggesting to change account number and password.

11. called PLDT and had call escalated because rep walked me through the usual steps (connection setup, manual IP configuration, etc)

12. PLDT dude went to my place and brought a laptop with him. We used his laptop to connect to the internet and it WORKED. So it means that my modem and cables are all fine.

13. PLDT guy checked IPCONFIG and we cannot renew the IP address. So he said its the PC who could not seem to do the task. and though there is an IP address, there is no DNS Gateway. So he again pointed me to the PC Tech to check PC

14. Instead of calling PC techie, I reformatted my PC, tried reconnecting again and tried some trouble shooting steps from my own research. (winSock repair, etc). TO NO AVAIL.

15. Now my friends suggesting me to do some manual (extracting a .inf file in the system32 folder and then I think reinstalling it???, di kami natapos kasi nakalimutan ng friend ko yung steps, pagaaralan daw nya ulit since sa DELL sya nagwowork).

So now, I'm still stuck with the problem which I think had gotten worse. Eversince I executed the winsock repair program (I downloaded from some site) it would always prompt me to go to CMOS and adjust the time and date (it now goes back to Feb 12, 2004!!!!!).

I hope you can share some stuffs. I wouldnt want to resort on buying a new motherboard.

I'll to give this a shot bro.

Is it SP1 or SP2?

The mere fact na naka connect ung PLDT tech using his laptop isolates the prob to either your nic or its software only.

Since he has also already used a known good nic means you take that out for the possible culprits as well. Which leaves

you with the software. I'm guessing its gonna be the settings of the system. Can you try this.

Unplug the power cable of your DSL modem.

Try resetting winsock.

For SP2 follow this:

To clear Winsock and TCP/IP settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2, perform the following step:

Click Start, click Run, type netsh winsock reset catalog, and click OK.

Click Start, click Shut Down, and click Turn Off.

The Winsock settings are now reset.

For SP1:

To reset Winsock and TCP/IP settings in Windows XP Service Pack 1 or lower, perform the following steps:

Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and click OK.

Click the plus (+) to the left of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Click the plus (+) to the left of SYSTEM.

Click the plus (+) to the left of CurrentControlSet.

Click the plus (+) to the left of Services.

Right-click Winsock and click Export.

The Export Registry File appears.

Save the file in My Documents as Winsock.reg.

Right-click Winsock and click Delete.

The Confirm Key Delete window appears.

Click Yes.

Right-click Winsock2 and click Export.

The Export Registry File appears.

Save the file in My Documents as winsock2.reg.

Right-click Winsock2 and click Delete.

The Confirm Key Delete window appears.

Click Yes.

Click Start, click Shut Down, and click Restart.

To complete the process of resetting Winsock and TCP/IP settings, perform the following steps:

When the system has finished restarting, click Start, click Run, type ncpa.cpl, and click OK.

The Network Connection Properties window appears.

Right-click Local Area Connection and click Properties.

The Local Area Connection Properties window appears.

Click the General tab and click Install.

The Select Network Component Type window appears.

Click Protocol and click Add.

The Select Network Protocol window appears.

Click Have Disk.

The Install From Disk window appears.

Type C:\Windows\INF and click OK.

In the Manufacturer column choose Microsoft.

In the Network Protocol column click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click OK.

The Network Connection Properties window appears.

Click Close.

When the system has finished restarting, click Start, click Run, type netsh int ip reset delllog.txt, and click OK.

The Winsock settings are now reset.

Plug power cable of DSL modem when the system boots up.

Run IPCONFIG to determine what kind of IP address the system has.

To determine what type if IP address the system has, complete the following steps:

Click Start and select Run.

The Run window appears.

In the Run window, type Command and click OK.

The Command Window appears.

Type ipconfig /all and press the Enter key.

Note the settings for the failling adapter:

If ipconfig has an IP Address of 169.254.xx.xx, which is an Autoconfiguration IP Address field, Windows® has assigned an Autonet IP address.

If ipconfig has an IP Address field, and it is set to 0.0.0.0, the system has not received an IP address. This is fundamentally the same as if the system had an Autonet IP address.

If ipconfig has an IP Address field with a non-zero IP adress, and DHCP is Enabled, the system has a Dynamically Assigned or DHCP IP address.

If your system has a DHCP call you ISP for an account reset.

If it is an Autonet IP, do this:

To hard set the media type, perform the following steps:

Right-click My Computer on the desktop and click Properties.

The System Properties window appears.

Click the Hardware tab and click Device Manager.

The Device Manager window appears.

Click the <+> next to Network Adapters .

The list of installed Network Adapters expands.

Double click the Local Area Network adapter.

The Network Adapter Properties window appears.

Click the Advanced tab.

Change the connection speed and duplex to 10Mbps Half (the name of the tab and setting may be different according to the manufacturer and/or driver version of the network adapter).

Click the Apply button and click OK.

The Network Properties window closes.

other than that nde ko na alam. :online2long: HTH

Edited by _Pabling

I believe your suggestions makes sense. Ito rin yung pinapagawa sa akin ng friend ko kaso di namin natapos kasi medyo nakalimutan nya yung mga steps. I clearly believe na it really has something to do with Winsock. Will try to do this as soon as I get home.

One more thing: I downloaded this: http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html

and after using it and still nothing happened, when I turn my PC back on, it now displays something of a "CMOS flash" kinda error which prompts me to check the CMOS settings. When I go there, I notice that the date and the time has been restarted and I have to change it everytime. Dahil kaya sa winsockxpfix or coincidence na wala na yung CMOS battery ko?

FYI: My motherboard is an EPOX EP8rdai3.

Thanks, bro!!!

I believe your suggestions makes sense. Ito rin yung pinapagawa sa akin ng friend ko kaso di namin natapos kasi medyo nakalimutan nya yung mga steps. I clearly believe na it really has something to do with Winsock. Will try to do this as soon as I get home.

One more thing: I downloaded this: http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html

and after using it and still nothing happened, when I turn my PC back on, it now displays something of a "CMOS flash" kinda error which prompts me to check the CMOS settings. When I go there, I notice that the date and the time has been restarted and I have to change it everytime. Dahil kaya sa winsockxpfix or coincidence na wala na yung CMOS battery ko?

FYI: My motherboard is an EPOX EP8rdai3.

Thanks, bro!!!

baka coincidence lang bro', try changing your CMOS batt. mura lang naman yun chaka madali lang ireplace.

HOw do I undo th restoration and if that does not solve the problem, how do I reinstall the OS? sorry not really a techie like you bro...pls help

:(

pag medyo complicated na, i suggest kumausap ka ng technician sa pc shops. pa-home service ka kumbaga. kasi kung pirated ang OS mo malamang di sila papayag na sila magiiinstall nyan. now, if original os mo naman pwede na. ang concern mo dapat muna is to backup your files.

techsupport ako, i know how it can be soooo complicated sa ganyan mga siwasyon eh.

HOw do I undo th restoration and if that does not solve the problem, how do I reinstall the OS? sorry not really a techie like you bro...pls help

:(

to try and undo the restoration:

click on start,

point to all programs,

point to accessories,

point to system tools,

then click system restore.

kung pwede pang i undo ang restoration you should still get a "undo the last restoration done" option there.

you can see the screenshot here.

kung wala na i guess we have no other option but to do OS reinstall. Instructions can be found here.

6. ERROR 678 occured

step 9 indicates that your PC TECH tried a separate LAN CARD right. so that means you have tried 2 LAN Cards/NIC already and still getting error 678. you have also reinstalled OS but still the same error. error 678 usually indicates a failure to connect to the DSLAM but in your case, the PLDT DSL tech was able to connect using your DSL Modem and account. hhhmmm, very tricky problem youve got there.

anyway, the CMOS error that your getting is not related to the WINSOCK FIX program you downloaded since it only deals with the WINDOWS socket files and registry, not your motherboard's BIOS/CMOS settings. :)

Here's what I'm gonna do for the last time before I blow this freakin' PC to pieces:

1. Complete reformat (sayang na naman yung na install ko na LOTR and Civ IV)

2. Reinstall WinXP (SP 1)

3. Try PABLING's procedure

If still this won't work, I'll try Win2K and then Win98.

At pag hindi pa rin... Maybe I'll buy a new motherboard. :wacko: