Favorite Songs And Tunes While Driving

so far so good on the 2nd hand expedition, all the smart aleck posts notwithstanding. The ride is indeed comfy and the interior so spacious. unverified mileage is somewhere between 5 to 7 kms per liter. Thats a lot but if you ask me, it is well worth it given the comfort. no problems with the engine and suspension so far, on the lookout for a good and proficient service mechanic shop (ayoko sa casa). Will take it on a trip to the province this weekend to see how it runs long distance.

Are you sure about your mileage? 5 to 7 km/L? That's quite high. Achievable if you travel mostly on the Highway. When we went to Laguna from Fort Boni, I logged in around 5 to 6km/L, that was during the holy week with very few cars on the road. Did 140kmh on some parts of SLEX but was constantly running around 100 to 110.

Expeditions are really nice. Very comfortable especially for long drives. It's nice to own one if you can afford to maintain it. Use to have a 2000 Expedition, sold it last year w/ 70,000kms on the odo. Currently have an 06 Expedition EB with 18,000kms on the odo.

My impression is that the Escapes and Everests are made here in Philippines and the Expiditions and Explorers are from the US. I don't know about the saloon cars. The last time I wanted to buy a car my first choice was the Escape, I love the shape. While I was looking I noticed that at any car exchange there was always a lot of nice looking Escapes available, usually with about 40,000 km. I also noticed that it was very rare to see a Hyundai Tucson, CRDI. I took a test drive on and Escape but the suspension was awful, I suspected the tyres were too inflated but the sales person was not interested in checking the pressure and reducing it. So no sale. I bought a Tucson and I love it. I get 12 to the litre, everyday driving with the A/C on of course and I'm buying deisel, cheaper than gas. Reading these posts I think that I made the correct choice.

• 2 weeks later...

ford driver din ako... for parts go to mazford or fordland in banawe..

yeah almost every batch of ford cars has its own problem mas maselan sila compare with other cars.... but still love it

my opinion lang is wag kayong mag pagawa sa casa pag hindi cover ng warranty... ford casa service are crap taas pa nila maningil ng labor.

one thing i do most of the time is ipapasok ko sa casa yung car for estimate check up pms ang tawag din after that pull out ko at yun ang ipapagawa ko sa trusted talyer or shop

• 2 weeks later...

parang di kumpleto pag nagmaneho tapos walang background music :upside:

i go for stuff from the decemberists, jill scott, tool, splender, deathcab for cuties, to india arie, dave matthews, the smiths, the used, pink, paolo nutini, and to slow things down? maxwell, a little country and a little rnb :blush:

i miss long drives in manila :cry:

*nakikidaan lang po*

• 2 weeks later...

Php 1.3M yung pinakamura, 4x2 Diesel..

BTW, Diesel daw lahat ng labas nila..

Mukhang Landcruiser VX ung harap, Patrol naman yung likod..

This time medyo compact yung body..

Gray & Bronze bagong kulay nila (LE)

If you have one, papost ng experience.. :thumbsupsmiley:

:mtc: :D :mtc:

Edited by dyodyo

It's basically the same body so malabo yung "This time medyo compact yung body.." They just released a facelift of the 2nd gen everest, which is quite similar to the first gen everest.

The everest never came out with gasoline powered engines. Eversince diesel talaga.

I think this facelift is quite nice, panget sa pictures but when I saw one sa road maganda naman. Engines are good, very torquey and one of the best sa class. Interior is trucklike but not really ugly.

Right now it's my recent (just 1-day old) compilation of favorite songs from the LIVE and UNPLUGGED albums I have. Sarap mag-joy ride with it. No more fastforward and change of discs while driving :

Coming Home - Kiss

Reason To Believe - Rod Stewart

Lodi - Tesla

Hot Legs - Rod Stewart

Whenever I See Your Smiling Face - James Taylor

All Apologies - Nirvana

Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out - Eric Clapton

Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams

First Cut Is The Deepest - Rod Stewart

Plaster Caster - Kiss

Jealous Again - Black Crowes

Handy Man - James Taylor

About A Girl - Nirvana

Alberta - Eric Clapton

Do You Love Me - Kiss

Maggie May - Rod Stewart

Lotta Love - Neil Young

Rock And Roll All Nite - Kiss

Note : Jealous Again is really not unplugged and has electric lead guitar but it blends well with the others. Also I know a couple of Alice In Chains songs should be there but I don't have yet the disc.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX