Share lang...

Im not into FH and Arowana's yet but maybe in the future. My interest right now is Discus fishes housed in my 50g tank with mixed with clown loaches, red finned shark, gouramis and rainbow guppies. Before i hand tetras pero kinain the discus, i have (6 discus).

I have another tank dedicated to Discus (100G) and im planning to relocated my 6 discus to this tank and add more.

Does anyone know any discus breeder or saan nakakbili?

post-30916-1164791465.jpg

post-30916-1164791684.jpg

post-30916-1164791705.gif

post-30916-1164791725.gif

post-30916-1164791737.jpg

Share lang...

Im not into FH and Arowana's yet but maybe in the future. My interest right now is Discus fishes housed in my 50g tank with mixed with clown loaches, red finned shark, gouramis and rainbow guppies. Before i hand tetras pero kinain the discus, i have (6 discus).

I have another tank dedicated to Discus (100G) and im planning to relocated my 6 discus to this tank and add more.

wow!!! ok sa discus ah.

may adik din at breeder din sa palhs ng discus bro

Ok sana kaya lang bawal discuss ng pogi :(

un lang thrall hehehe

usap na lang tayo dito tungkol sa pogi! hehehe

San nakabili neto. Hoplias malabaricus aka wolfish,piranha killer.

I have a dovii aka wolf cichlid dati. Dont know if the same. Carnivorous din pero namatay na eh. My long time alaga na lang are my 5 piranhas 10 years old na sila. They are a bit smaller compared to fish caught sa wild I think. My biggest is about 10 inches long about 2 inches thick. My smallest about 7 inches. I dont know why they have different length. I feed them mostly frozen fish. White meat. I hate red meat fishes kasi messy sa tank.

I had around 30-40 discus in 5 tanks 3 years ago but couldn't maintain them as i was busy with work and graduate studies so they died through neglect and lack of attention. The maids couldn't be trusted to feed them properly as well as clean the water. Also, my parents had that weird habit of closing the lights when it was time to feed them in the evening resulting in the food spoiling the water. Oh well :(

Once you get the hang of it, Discus are pretty easy to raise. I would normally get one-two month old fry since they are still affordable at the price regardless of the strain. I had Blue Diamonds, Purple Ghost, Snakeskins, Red Unicorns, etc.

For sources, there were only 2 places to get Discus locally. One is Marivic Laurel who used to have a store in Wilson but now only sells Discus in her house. You have to see her collection as no one has a better display locally. She even had some Wild Discus that she was using to improve the gene stock of her discus. Not sure if she is still selling as i have stopped raising fish.

Another source is Discus Center which used to be located near Hope Christian School in Binondo. The proprietor was regularly importing breeder pairs and raising them. A few years ago, he moved to another location which i haven't been to.

The one place i am sure you can get Discus from is Cartimar. But the discus that they have would have mostly likely have come from the 2 places i mentioned.

Guys question lang. If your going to set-up a marine aquarium, is it absolutely necesary to have a sub-tank or kaya na ba ng high end na protein skimmer yung water management mo?

yan ang di ko alam. heheheh

sa pagkakaalam ko meron mga mahilig sa marine aquarium na pinoys hanap mo lang un forum na un

I had around 30-40 discus in 5 tanks 3 years ago but couldn't maintain them as i was busy with work and graduate studies so they died through neglect and lack of attention. The maids couldn't be trusted to feed them properly as well as clean the water. Also, my parents had that weird habit of closing the lights when it was time to feed them in the evening resulting in the food spoiling the water. Oh well :(

Once you get the hang of it, Discus are pretty easy to raise. I would normally get one-two month old fry since they are still affordable at the price regardless of the strain. I had Blue Diamonds, Purple Ghost, Snakeskins, Red Unicorns, etc.

For sources, there were only 2 places to get Discus locally. One is Marivic Laurel who used to have a store in Wilson but now only sells Discus in her house. You have to see her collection as no one has a better display locally. She even had some Wild Discus that she was using to improve the gene stock of her discus. Not sure if she is still selling as i have stopped raising fish.

Another source is Discus Center which used to be located near Hope Christian School in Binondo. The proprietor was regularly importing breeder pairs and raising them. A few years ago, he moved to another location which i haven't been to.

The one place i am sure you can get Discus from is Cartimar. But the discus that they have would have mostly likely have come from the 2 places i mentioned.

ok din ang discuss bro.

cute nila :cool:

share ko lang .

post-93115-1165375624.jpg

Guys question lang. If your going to set-up a marine aquarium, is it absolutely necesary to have a sub-tank or kaya na ba ng high end na protein skimmer yung water management mo?

Is it an absolute requirement to have a sump (sub-tank)? No, but it definitely helps especially if you will be using live rock or DSB (deep sand bed) for filtration. And even if you have a sump, it is still an absolute necessity to use a very good quality skimmer. I guess your needs depend on what you want to accomplish, are you just doing a fish only tank? A fish only with live rocks or are you going all out towards a reef tank?

I have a dovii aka wolf cichlid dati. Dont know if the same. Carnivorous din pero namatay na eh. My long time alaga na lang are my 5 piranhas 10 years old na sila. They are a bit smaller compared to fish caught sa wild I think. My biggest is about 10 inches long about 2 inches thick. My smallest about 7 inches. I dont know why they have different length. I feed them mostly frozen fish. White meat. I hate red meat fishes kasi messy sa tank.

Yan nga yon wolf cichlid san mo nabili bro? Wow grabe P's mo ha 10 years... sakin 2 mos palang. nakuha ko mga less than an inch, ngayon almost 3 inches na...Pakain ko variety. Madalas feeder tsaka superworms tas pag nakalimutan bumili ng pagakain, kupit sa kusina ng lalagaing karne :P

Is it an absolute requirement to have a sump (sub-tank)? No, but it definitely helps especially if you will be using live rock or DSB (deep sand bed) for filtration. And even if you have a sump, it is still an absolute necessity to use a very good quality skimmer. I guess your needs depend on what you want to accomplish, are you just doing a fish only tank? A fish only with live rocks or are you going all out towards a reef tank?

I'm looking at starting small muna, maybe fish w/ live rocks. Sayang naman kasi kung reef tank yung pag-practisan ko tapos mamatay lang din lahat. for a reef tank ba what's the bare minimum size of your aquarium dapat and how many species can you place in that system?

Yan nga yon wolf cichlid san mo nabili bro? Wow grabe P's mo ha 10 years... sakin 2 mos palang. nakuha ko mga less than an inch, ngayon almost 3 inches na...Pakain ko variety. Madalas feeder tsaka superworms tas pag nakalimutan bumili ng pagakain, kupit sa kusina ng lalagaing karne :P

I got it from a friend who breeds weird cichlids but he closed down shop na and said his shop was transfered to marikina. I will try to be in touch with him again. I also got from him a speckled monster cichlid nasa house pa ng parents ko yon siguro mga 10 inches na.

Yup my P's 10 years old na and I can see then medyo weak na. try not to feed them meet masama raw sa kanila yon. Go to this site www.piranha-fury.com marami info dito.

I'm looking at starting small muna, maybe fish w/ live rocks. Sayang naman kasi kung reef tank yung pag-practisan ko tapos mamatay lang din lahat. for a reef tank ba what's the bare minimum size of your aquarium dapat and how many species can you place in that system?

For a reef, best would be around 50 and up as anything smaller would be difficult. So to how many species, depends on what type, sps, lps, anemones etc. If you'd like to learn more, there's a very good forum that you can visit, the guys are all very helpful: www.reefphilippines.com

For a reef, best would be around 50 and up as anything smaller would be difficult. So to how many species, depends on what type, sps, lps, anemones etc. If you'd like to learn more, there's a very good forum that you can visit, the guys are all very helpful: www.reefphilippines.com

Thanks for the heads up crazy8.

Just checked out the forum, there are a lot of good tips in there.

I have 2 100g aquariums at home that I used for 1 cichlid set-up a

nd 1 I used to keep a green aroana.

unfortunately, the aroana died then I sold most of my cichlids.

Might try a fowlr tank first then if I get the hang of it, would go for a reef set-up,

mas maganda daw if you have a larger tank from 100g up for the reef type.

tnx again buddy!

I used to buy my discus before from Johnny chang he owns an eatery at pedro gil near the Iglesia Ni Cristo church he breeds all kinds of discus.

Share lang...

Thanks for the heads up crazy8.

Just checked out the forum, there are a lot of good tips in there.

I have 2 100g aquariums at home that I used for 1 cichlid set-up a

nd 1 I used to keep a green aroana.

unfortunately, the aroana died then I sold most of my cichlids.

Might try a fowlr tank first then if I get the hang of it, would go for a reef set-up,

mas maganda daw if you have a larger tank from 100g up for the reef type.

tnx again buddy!

Anytime bro. Give me a holler if you have any questions and good luck!

• 3 weeks later...