What's Your Video Card?

just to add about the agp vs. pci-e debate. you don't have to nessisarily upgrade to pci-e if you've agp. higher end cards like the x1900 xt and the 7800 are available in agp! and you can play graphics intensive games like F.E.A.R. and HL2 on max settings with those!

7 series vc's or x1900xt can run fear w/ max settings, but not max res :D HL2 can run @ max settings w/ max res (lets say you have a 17" lcd) even w/ a 6800gs or gt :D

1024 already makes my 7800gtx cry when playing fear w/ max settings, what more if I play @ my max res which is @ 1920?:D, so if you're really into playing games, go PCI-E and buy a SLI/Crossfire mobo :D Plus, a 16x bandwidth helps too :D

hmmm from wat i knw, kaya nga sila nag papait from AGP to PCI-e is bcuz mas mabilis in theory ang PCI-e.. ndi pa cguro sila nakaka develop ng vid cards na fully makaka exploit ng PCI-e kaya sa ngayon patas pa ang AGP and PCI-e..

guys, tanong ko lang nga pala.. ano diff ng PCI, PCI-e, PCI-x?? sorry for my ignorance..

ayt einsteins, hook me up...

I'm NOT a gamer...

but like videos, wanna dabble in video editing, i do a lot of photo editing...

current system is P4 2.66 ASROCK Mobo, 1 gig sdram, built in everything... a huge 21" iiyama monitor which i don't think i'm getting its full value on though..

if i were to pick a video card, what should i get... don't wanna spend 10K though...

any thoughts? TV tuner? twin monitor out maybe? is there such a thing...

edumacate me pls

SLI Expert is easier when you use TCCD biggrin.gif Be warned though, Epox mobos have the tendency to go bonkers with dual cores, happened to me biggrin.gif Randon BSOD all the time biggrin.gif hahaha biggrin.gif

Yup have read that in many forums, one of the reason I opted for the epox, my x2 4400, might get toast. hehehehe.. My set up is actually 2x2x2 (dual core, sli 7800gtx, 2gb mem). Weird though there is an issue for the dual core with the nvidia, been experiencing problems lately.. :( will replace the sli set up today with an ati card.

Yup have read that in many forums, one of the reason I opted for the epox, my x2 4400, might get toast. hehehehe.. My set up is actually 2x2x2 (dual core, sli 7800gtx, 2gb mem).  Weird though there is an issue for the dual core with the nvidia, been experiencing problems lately.. :( will replace the sli set up today with an ati card.

ummmm bro... its not the SLI, its the Chipset itself. I, for one, experienced (or should I say experiencing :D) this problem :D My Opty 170 is without questions, smooth as silk in my expert before I Expert mobo crapped out (RMA) so I used an Epox Mobo. I experienced random hang ups and BSOD (and yes, I did everything you techies can think off :D) everytime, even @ idle or load :D

There are two common culprits, they are known to have this problem w/ dual cores, ASUS (and many crapped out w/ Dual cores) and sadly, Epox. Epox, right now, doesn't have an answer with it, but afaik, Epox WAS able to release a beta bios for the SLI mobo before their lawsuit started (thus, no bios updates), so try it first bro, if not, the next thing you can do is just buy a diff brand of mobo, I suggest MSI Diamond Plus, which has 32x SLI, so hurry up, there's only 12 units (and getting fewer by the minute) in the distro. :D

Inno3d sucks! bilis masira ng fan! Wala pang 2 years, di na umiikot fans ng ibang video cards sa office. Get GeCube or Palit.

I think it would be unfair to say that. I have a 32mb Tornado TNT2 that I bought ages ago. Nung bumili ako ng bagong pc tinambak ko na yung CPU w/ the tnt card sa bodega. Its been sitting there for so long. Yesterday I tried to revive that CPU, lo and behold, gumagana pa siya!

I think the lifespan would depend on how you use your card. Siguro kung i-overclock mo like crazy natural masisira talaga kagad yung fan.

Pre siguradopwede ba talaga ang 5500 sa BF2?

Kasi dati ko pa gustong subukan kaso requirement ata eh 5700 pataas.

Kasi kung pwede i tra try ko sa isang pc dito na naka 5500, hinde ba nag lalag at playable naman?

Thanks

Sorry sa OT  :D

Im not sure if 5500 can play BF2, but you won't get decent performance out of it, get a 6 series instead, and a bigger mem, cuz a larger mem can help in loading BF2 :D