The Mitsubishi Lovers Thread

mas malaki adin ang engine displacement ng type r. usually 2.0 liters siya sa civic compare to 1.6 sa stock version.

Honda civic type R yung EK body is only 1.6 liters, B16B engine. Yung integra type R DC2 is 1.8 liters, B18C5 engine. yung bagong civic type -R EP body and the newer one yung bagong civic hindi ko alam body code tsaka yung integra DC5 type R uses 2.0 liter engine yung K20.

the difference from an ordinary civic or integra compared to type R models yung engine which is more powerful, more lightweight yung mga type r, good suspension = good handling.

well the type r is for the japenese & european market where there is a demand for a high performance naturally aspirated civic. same with the evo or sti, both of which naman are turbo'd cars.

Well the NA engine of the Type R may deliver equivalent HP levels as an Evo or STi but those horses come at the top end of the rpm scale where they are not very usable. After all, how may times are you able to go flat out? Even in a race, flat out is just for a few seconds. "Usable" horsepower is the game which is why I would not exchange my STi for all the Type Rs in the world but given the same engine output, the Type R is still not in the same class as an Evo or STi. You can't drive a Type R up the hill to Tali Beach and do up to 140 kph on a gravel road. It suspension will probabaly fall to pieces. While an Evo or STi would be right at home.

Well the NA engine of the Type R may deliver equivalent HP levels as an Evo or STi but those horses come at the top end of the rpm scale where they are not very usable. After all, how may times are you able to go flat out? Even in a race, flat out is just for a few seconds. "Usable" horsepower is the game which is why I would not exchange my STi for all the Type Rs in the world but given the same engine output, the Type R is still not in the same class as an Evo or STi. You can't drive a Type R up the hill to Tali Beach and do up to 140 kph on a gravel road. It suspension will probabaly fall to pieces. While an Evo or STi would be right at home.

Your correct sir, dun nakukuha ng honda engines ang power nila sa pagiging high revving. actually NA engines achieve more power if they rev more, just look at the F1 engines, 3 liter displacement 700+ HP NA engine revving up to 18000 RPM. tsaka mahina sa uphill kung mababa ang torque which is common sa low displacement engines tulad ng sa type R

Edited by balong13
gusto ko yung low revving na naka vtec, lots of torque whooooo. imagine di ka pa humahataw naka vtec na hihihihi sarap.

nothing against a honda, hoda rules the world of vtec ?

VTEC is more hype than substance.

VTEC is simply a two-step valve timing system. One for low revs to give more torque and one for high reves to deliver more horsepower. If you drive a VTEC engine you will notice that it has a 'flat-spot at about 3,500 to 4,500 rpm when the system transitions from one setting to the other. I don't know if there is a VTEC system that now works on both intake and exhaust sides but most of the VTEC engines I have seen only actuate the intake valves.

Compare this to a continuously variable valve timing system which in theory is expected to set valve timing, duration and dwell at the optimum settings based on what the ECUthinks the driver wants to do with the engine. Toyota's VVTi is an example but an even better one would be BMWs VANOS or the Double VANOS on the M models.

Although much can be said about the high end refinement of high rpm screaming engines, they generally do not last all that long. In a race application this is okay. But for a daily driver? Pass. Give me an American SUV with an under-stressed, large displacement engine anytime. For the weekends, well, that is why some of us like to keep an Evo or STi in the garage.

• 2 weeks later...
Sabi sa akin ni Sir Larry ng ELDorado, lapit na daw labas and official launch ng Lancer 2008. He showed me the pics, ganda! Parang ang laki ah. Pero over 1M daw ang price.

sir gelo_01 i happened to see the lancer EX (fortis) yesterday rolling along C5-libis area. kung pwede ipost pics dito post ko po.

wafu! parang shark hehehe ;D

• 2 weeks later...

While both are undeniably great rides, you won't go wrong with choosing either one of them. Prospective buyers beware though, both the Evo and STi are amongst the most expensive cars to insure! This can be attributed to the fact that Evo and STi owners are more likely to crash and end up in a fiery accident compared to other drivers.

Your correct sir, dun nakukuha ng honda engines ang power nila sa pagiging high revving. actually NA engines achieve more power if they rev more, just look at the F1 engines, 3 liter displacement 700+ HP NA engine revving up to 18000 RPM. tsaka mahina sa uphill kung mababa ang torque which is common sa low displacement engines tulad ng sa type R

not all NA gives more power in higher rpm, in F1 is a totally different thing, they don't use 245/245 cams or 225/225 cams, they use much aggressive cams and really high compression pistons.. of course, if you use stock cams with lower durations, lower comp pistons and soft valve springs, revving high will just stress your engine.. power band always depends on the specs and mods of the engine.. you can make power in turbo in high rpm, you can just set it to keep the boost going. but seriously, forced induction engines delivers more power thus more stress to the engine.. but i do love the sound of an engine revving pass 8000rpm.. sounds really aggressive..

as for vtec, vvti, etc... correct me if i'm wrong, but generally they're all the same, when activated the cams will adjust increasing the lift and duration of the cams making your engine run like with a semi racing cams, without vtec, honda engines can't develop that much power.. that's why too much cam grinding will just make vtec useless.. and that's why honda engines delivers good power in high rpm because of the vtec.

ouch medyo masakit nga sa bulsa yun ah magpapalit pa naman rin ako ng compressor para doon sa pajero ko. I'll let you know kung magkano ang aabutin if ever repair or replace ako. Dito sa evangelista ako nagpapagawa meron ring magaling na mekaniko ng aircon akong pinupuntahan dito sa amin sa may taguig and usually fair price naman ang bigay nya. Feeling ko lang replace yun kasi bumigay yung isang bracket ouch :unsure:

kaso pre sa Pajero mo, double ang karga ng aircon..134a din yata yun sayo pero double,

nag canvass na din ako sa Banawe pre, aabot sya ng mga around 19K plus..kaya sa may West Avenue na lang ako magpapagawa this Thursday, kay Rene Borlongan...yung malapit sa Jollibee West Avenue...dun pinakamagaling sa radioator and aircon dun, kumbaga Legend na sya sa ganung bagay...

I'll let you know kung ano mangyayari..

anyways, thanks for always replying amigo!

:)

Sabi sa akin ni Sir Larry ng ELDorado, lapit na daw labas and official launch ng Lancer 2008. He showed me the pics, ganda! Parang ang laki ah. Pero over 1M daw ang price.

may nakausap akong taga Mitsubishi.. by june daw ang labas dito saten nung lancer gt 2.0

heto daw ung possible pricing:

lancer GT A/T price 1,045,000