San Miguel Beer

hindi magkakainggitan? havent you heard the news why lorde and larry left redbull?

same thing for enrico

actually, i really didn't hear that news. it just doesn't make sense for larry to complain about his playing minutes in red bull. the only people who play the same position as him are junthy, baguio, najorda (though he plays 3-4). to think, he was very grateful to red bull for drafting him and trusting his ability despite coming off an ACL injury. seeing him since his Ateneo days, i don't think he's the kind who suddenly becomes demanding just because he won ROY the previous year. and in SMB, or magnolia for that matter, he'd be competing against hontiveros, tugade, wilson, gonzales and calaguio for minutes at 2-3. if he's really after the minutes, he'd go for the team with fewer competition.

also, it doesn't make sense for enrico to ask to be traded. it's a fact that he, pennissi and sharma are the only 3 legit big men red bull have. and getting traded to SMB who has ildefonso and pena wouldn't make any sense. i mean, comparing the tandem of sharma and pennissi to ildefonso and pena, he'd have a better chance of having more minutes with the latter as his competition at the 4-5 spot. and to think that last conference, pennissi was not with the team for national team duties, he was getting all the minutes. and he was traded that conference, so meaning he demanded for even more minutes then?

regarding tugade getting traded to smb before, i can't say anything about it since i have no idea why they traded him after they reached the finals for 2 straight conferences, and winning 1. and maybe you're right, the reason was because he demanded more minutes.

as for the 2 former blue eagles, i just don't think it makes sense... peace! :upside:

magnolia lost to pf bec pf players seemed to be in better shape. the big guys of magnolia were out muscled inside. siot made the wrong move of using calaguio in the game instead of wesly gonzales. i hope he can make the right adjustments in their game against coke tomorrow. i think he should give more playing time to fonacier to give the guy some confidence. he is using hontiveros too much.

magnolia lost to pf bec pf players seemed to be in better shape. the big guys of magnolia were out muscled inside. siot made the wrong move of using calaguio in the game instead of wesly gonzales. i hope he can make the right adjustments in their game against coke tomorrow. i think he should give more playing time to fonacier to give the guy some confidence. he is using hontiveros too much.

he's using hontiveros more for defensive purposes, with james yap as his assignment. as good as larry's offensive game is, his defense is not equally as good. probably if magnolia was playing a team sta lucia, who doesn't have a scoring 2-guard, then larry would get more minutes.

as for fielding in calaguio, i'm wondering as well. once he saw that calaguio's game was not on, he should have fielded wesley instead.

regarding being outmuscled, magnolia's big guys have to toughen up a bit. problem is, samique eman is not yet accustomed to the pba that's why he often gets into foul trouble. they need to bang it up inside and play rough, not dirty though. :thumbsupsmiley:

bat ba sa PBA andali lang matrade ng mga player? Like Villanueva, Tugade, Fonacier all moving to Magnolia last season and like Air 21 giving Yancy to TNT for almost nothing etc. Parang hindi nga trade nangyayari minsan e parang lipat lang. Is it because some teams have sister team relations, same owner etc?

Sobrang lakas kc ng lineup ng Magnolia ngaun at kapansin pansin na inubos nila player ng red bull. Fan ako ng magnolia pero sayang kc ibang player nila tulad nina espinas.

bat ba sa PBA andali lang matrade ng mga player? Like Villanueva, Tugade, Fonacier all moving to Magnolia last season and like Air 21 giving Yancy to TNT for almost nothing etc. Parang hindi nga trade nangyayari minsan e parang lipat lang. Is it because some teams have sister team relations, same owner etc?

Sobrang lakas kc ng lineup ng Magnolia ngaun at kapansin pansin na inubos nila player ng red bull. Fan ako ng magnolia pero sayang kc ibang player nila tulad nina espinas.

Si Noli Eala makakasagot nyan.......hinayaan ni Eala magkaganyan....... Pero mautak san miguel dahil dinahan-dahan nila yung trade sa tatlo redbull na yan(may halo cash sigurado yan)......Unlike yung sa ginebra na talaga garapalan :D

Check mo yung ginebra....ang original lineup nila eh si menk, sparkles and feeling......nadagdag si hatfield, reavis and mamaril.....imagine kapalit lang eh si "salansang and i cant recall kung sino pa" :lol:

So kung hindi natuloy ang trade sa ginebra.....isipin nyo ano lineup ng ginebra ngayon injured si menk and cagi? :D (si hatfield nilayasan sila........ karma? :lol: )

Kahit may mga injured ang ginebra ngayon eh swerte pa rin sila dahil nanjan pa si mamaril and reavis.....

because the controls are not in place... and the one's that are in place are easy to circumvent

talagang sa PBA dalawa lang ang fav teams ko ang legendary Cripa Redmanizers at this era San Miguel Beer na ngayon ay kilala na as Magnolia. Sana SMB pa rin ang name mas astig. Since the days of El Presidente Ramon Fernandez, Samboy Lim, Hector Calma, Allan Caidic, Yves Dignadice, Franz Pumaren up to this batch the likes of Danny I, Dynmamite Danny Seigle, Olsen Racela at a hosts of of young & upcoming superstars in the league such as Villanueva, Tgade etc. Magnolia is a team for this league. Individuallt these players are talented, as a team player time will be there for coach Tanquincen to make this team jell & be the champion team that they wer known for. Basta sa PBA SMB or Magnolia is one team for generations to come.

talagang sa PBA dalawa lang ang fav teams ko ang legendary Cripa Redmanizers at this era San Miguel Beer na ngayon ay kilala na as Magnolia. Sana SMB pa rin ang name mas astig. Since the days of El Presidente Ramon Fernandez, Samboy Lim, Hector Calma, Allan Caidic, Yves Dignadice, Franz Pumaren up to this batch the likes of Danny I, Dynmamite Danny Seigle, Olsen Racela at a hosts of of young & upcoming superstars in the league such as Villanueva, Tgade etc. Magnolia is a team for this league. Individuallt these players are talented, as a team player time will be there for coach Tanquincen to make this team jell & be the champion team that they wer known for. Basta sa PBA SMB or Magnolia is one team for generations to come.

nakaka miss panoorin yung mga games before ng SMB. natatandaan ko pa na naging rival nila yung Purefoods. sayang nga lang si Samboy Lim kasi hindi naka kumpleto ng isang year. lagi na lang syang injured. nakalimutan yata si "The Robocop" Alvin Teng. for me he played an important role sa team nung mga panahon na yun. at syempre Ato Agustin from a back up point guard na naging MVP pagtagal.

nakaka bilid din yung time na si Nelson Asaytono ang star player ng SMB before. at yung mga teammates nya before na si Mike "The Kite" Mustre, Gido Babylonia (RIP), Freddie "The Scavenger" Abuda, etc. Hindi mo akalain na makakaabot yung team nila sa Semis

Ngayon sana manalo ulet ang SMB/Magnolia at hindi na ulet ibenta ang game pag sister company ang kalaban sa Finals.

that was the time i started watching PBA and SMB na agad ang team ko hanggang ngayon. i remembered si guidaben pa ang center nila and their rival is purefoods with fernandez as playing coach. SMB did not win the all filipino cup that year thus denying them of the grand slam. then nag trade si fernandez-guidaben and SMB won the grand slam. after that me bagong team na pumasok so SMB have to put a some players on the pool. they lost elmer reyes and his career hasn't been the same. ganon din ang naging takbo ng carreer ni guidaben. and before that nawala narin si ricardo brown.

haay those were the days.

ok lang yun. I still believe na kayang nilang maka abot ng finals this season

I have got to agree! last season in the AFC tournament Magnolia also started out flat but definitely finished strong

unfortunately they just came out short and faltered in their championship series against BGK

nakakaawa ung ibang players ng magnolia, di na nakakalaro dahil sa sobrang lakas ng lineup.

pano kaya pagbalik ni dorian??? teka anu na nga ba balita sakanya ang alam ko injured siya e.

actually I think all of them are able to play

like the last game Tenorio was the one who was benched

coach siot it trying to balance the playing time of everyone in the line up