San Miguel Beer

san miguel survived a very classic match against coke! ganda ng laro

late reply....but yeah one hell of a game....kala ko talo na smb, was just watching it for the final score....but suddenly things changed and luck was on smb's side for those last few seconds.... :thumbsupsmiley:

san miguel survived a very classic match against coke! ganda ng laro

late reply....but yeah one hell of a game....kala ko talo na smb, was just watching it for the final score....but suddenly things changed and luck was on smb's side for those last few seconds.... :thumbsupsmiley:

sorry to say... but really... t@ng@ na lang ang coke for losing that game!

now they're placing the game on appeal! tsk tsk! losers!

Thats true, their luck truly changed. The team also changed from one heck of a team to one f@ck of a team! All because of a stupid coach and his very stupid love affairs! If you guys know me you know who and what I'm talking about.

Oh and for the SMB fans, don't get your hopes too high because its a big possibility that SMB would lose to Ginebra because of one oversized kiddo from the Beermen.

Edited by peep_tom
Thats true, their luck truly changed. The team also changed from one heck of a team to one f@ck of a team! All because of a stupid coach and his very stupid love affairs! If you guys know me you know who and what I'm talking about.

Oh and for the SMB fans, don't get your hopes too high because its a big possibility that SMB would lose to Ginebra because of one oversized kiddo from the Beermen.

kiddo? or do u mean monkey?

I think his alma mater should change names...

hahaha I agree! will they have enough to overpower BGK?

Young is a do it all import... but can he take the game over?

ILDEFONSO NUMBERS, INTANGIBLES KEY FOR SMB

Player of the Week June 4 to 10

Monday, 11 June 2007

There are many marks of a great player and they are not merely numbers.

Like Danny Ildefonso, who has come up with more than just figures to help San Miguel Beer crash the quarterfinals of the Talk ‘N Text-PBA Fiesta Conference and earn himself a coveted individual citation in the process.

“Maraming intangibles siyang ibinibigay sa team and I guess those make him the great player he truly is,” said SMB head coach Siot Tanquingcen of the forward named as the PBA Press Corps' ACCEL-Talk ‘N Text Player of the Week for the period June 4 to 10.

It was the second such citation the 30-year-old Ildefonso earned in three weeks, evoking memories of his fiery form when he won the league’s highest individual award in 2000 and 2001, a span wherein he also won five consecutive Best Player of the Conference awards.

The numbers are impressive enough: 18.5 points, six rebounds, two assists, 1.5 blocked shots in the Beermen’s wins over Sta. Lucia Realty and Coca-Cola in the week that was.

In a 102-85 win over the Realtors last Friday, Ildefonso had 19 points, six rebounds, two assists and as many blocks in 30 minutes and followed that up with 18 points on 8-for-14 field shooting, six rebounds, two assists and a block in 27 minutes in their 102-101 win over the Tigers last Sunday.

“It’s no secret na siya ang pinaka-threat naming offensively. And those numbers, yun yung MVP na Danny I,” Tanquingcen said of the statistics put up by the 1998 No. 1 Draft pick and Rookie of the Year.

But there’s more. The Beermen seemed certain to bow down in defeat to the Tigers after being down by four points in the last 14 seconds and by 99-101, only 9.7 ticks left.

Then Ildefonso came up with two huge plays. First, he helped force Coke’s John Arigo to a traveling violation and then, in the ensuing play, gave a high pick that freed up Galen Young for what would turn out to be a game-winning three-point play.

“I couldn’t ask for anything more,” said Tanquingcen. “He’s not only been giving us MVP numbers, but he’s also doing the small things. He’s been setting picks, rebounding and even in our defensive rotation nandoon siya.”

Main reason why Tanquingcen leads those who believe Ildefonso will continue to play a big role in SMB’s remaining games starting with a best-of-three quarterfinals duel with Barangay Ginebra starting tomorrow.

“Alam ng lahat na kailangan ng mag-trabaho and no one knows this, takes this to the heart, more than Danny I,” Tanquingcen pointed out.

I rest my case!

from the column of Beth Celis at PDI

Talking of problems, it seems they are piling up for PBA officials supervisor Perry Martinez, whose referees are coming under increasing fire from pro league teams, the latest being Coca-Cola.

Coke representative and team manager JB Baylon is said to have sent Commissioner Noli Eala a very strongly worded letter on officiating and cited the San Miguel Beer-Coca Cola game which the Tigers lost by one point after being up by four with some nine seconds to go. But what intrigued many was how the same three referees were, oddly enough, the same officials who caused league chair Ricky Vargas, a normally composed and statesman-like individual, to blow his top in the dugout after the Talk ‘N Text-San Miguel Beer game recently.

Incidentally, we are told, the chair was the first to question Eala about the SMB-Coke game and he was not the only one. In fairness to the comish, he had left the Araneta Coliseum thinking it was a won game for Coca-Cola and was on his way to the 50th wedding anniversary of one of the staunchest PBA supporters -- former Pasig Mayor Mario Raymundo -- when he switched on his car radio to learn that the Beermen had pulled off a miracle. He didn’t see what happened so he couldn’t say much. But it will be interesting to find out what he thought about the officiating after he watches the tape.

MGA TSONG!

TANDAAN NIYO ITONG POST NA ITO HA!

LILIPAT SI FONACIER SA SAN MIGUEL!

AKO NA NAGSASABI SA INYO!

GANYAN KALAKAS SI CHOT REYES! :thumbsupsmiley:

Di n kailangan ng san miguel yan c Fonacier an dami ng wingman ng san miguel s red bull n lng yan c fonacier

congrats san miguel..

nagulat ako.. since the start of this conference, i wasn't watching any game coz i hate PBA whenever there are imports around.. then last friday, tsaka ko nakita.."p!@##$$" bat andun yung unggoy na galing red bull??

eniweys.. wag lang sya maging dahilan ng pagkatalo ng SMB..

manunood na ko FInals.. :thumbsupsmiley:

sa mga sumubaybay.. lumakas ba si Danny I ulit pag kapasok ni enricups???(na-challenge baka maagawan ng pwesto?)