San Miguel Beer

s@%t HAPPENED!!!

After years and years of cheering and supporting the San Miguel Beermen I sadly would have to temporarily stop (until a certain shithead dies!). For me this is the most disappointing decision that the SMB organization has done. Screw you Chot!!! Concentrate in coaching the National team and stop medling with SMB's decisions. Give the job to Siot PERMANENTLY!!!! :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley:

ikaw lang tlaga inaantay ko! hehe..

haaay! it's a sad day to be an SMB fan!

SMB has went from a La Salle team to an Ateneo team.

La Salle: Coach Pumaren, Franz Pumaren, Tonichi Ytturi, Yves Dignadice, and some others that I can't remember

Ateneo: Coach s@%t Reyes, Wesley Gonzalez, LA Tenorio and the new bitch (whats his name again? nevermind).

s@%t REALLY HAPPENS!!!

Hmmmm.... bakit naka-suspend yung malaya site :lol:

Wala pa rin akong makitang updates to the trade sa PBA.PH site

I searched the net and this is what I found so far

Villanueva on the block?

john geoffrey dacanay May 17th, 2007 (Visited 103 times)

News around the league have the Red Bull Barakos franchise player Enrico Villanueva on the trading block. Villanueva has been struggling this season for Red Bull, and the emergence of former Shell benchwarmer Carlo Sharma have made him somewhat expendable.

According to reports, Villanueva and sophomore guard Larry Fonacier are headed to San Miguel for Rommel Adducul and Brandon Lee Cablay. A third team, Purefoods is also looking to make it three-way in the hopes of addressing their woes in the frontcourt. The Giants are reportedly dangling sophomore Jondan Salvador and a future draft pick or Jun Simon to land their coveted big man.

It is still unclear how this deal works out. Both the SMC and Photokina franchise have been mum on the issue and have not made any confirmation regarding the proposed deal. According to league insiders, San Miguel is hellbent on making this deal work, the hitch being the provisions of the Restricted Trading List (RTL) which prevents Villanueva from being dealt to another team in exchange for non-RTL players. If they intend to make this deal go down, the Beermen would have to part ways with Danny Seigle, and Purefoods with 2005-06 MVP James Yap or Kerby Raymundo. I don’t think both clubs would consent to this kind of deal and would probably ask the Commissioner, instead, to replace Villanueva with either Junthy Valenzuela or Mick Pennisi in the RTL.

Under the RTL, the Commissioner has the power to appoint players in the RTL, which means, only Noli Eala is authorized to name the franchise players for each team. If Comish decides to replace Villanueva in the RTL, we could see a fifth blockbuster trade this season in the offing. Villanueva could go to either Purefoods or San Miguel. Several sources disclose that this was a trade made for Purefoods with only San Miguel acting as a conduit. So if Purefoods lands Villanueva in the trade, would it help them right away? yes and no.

If this was done after the conference, I would say yes. The thought of a Kerby-Enrico tandem down the lane would be downright scary. Both can bang, score inside and defend the interior. However, I am not sure if Kerby meshes well with a guy like Enrico who will also demand the ball because he knows he can score too. It could also be recalled that just last season, both were involved in a heated race for the Fiesta Conference Best Player plum, with Enrico eventually winning out which prompted Kerby’s “ako ang tunay na mvp!” claim right on national television.

Without a doubt, however, I know both men are professional enough to let bygones be bygones and let their energies be channeled on the floor. If this trade goes down right now, I don’t see how it could benefit the Giants. Enrico is with the RP team right now and will miss the remainder of the Fiesta Cup. Losing Jondan Salvador and possibly Jun Simon would be disastrous to their campaign this conference. As you can see, the team is severely undermanned right now. They’re without Mark Pingris, Jun Limpot who are all down with injuries and Kerby Raymundo who is with the national team. Simon, on the other hand, has been phenomenal for the Giants this year. He is putting up career averages in virtually every statistical department. It would be such as a jolting loss if he is included in the swap.

One interesting scenario that could play out is this: Villanueva and Fonacier to San Miguel, Rommel Adducul to Purefoods, Jondan Salvador, Brandon Cablay, and possibly draft picks to Red Bull. At the onset, it looks like a terrible trade for Red Bull, talent-wise but don’t tell that to coach Yeng Guiao. Guiao has been a master of making lopsided trades turn into their favor. Jondan Salvador and Brandon Cablay does not compare with Villanueva and Fonacier, marketing-, and talent-wise but if there is any team who can make garbage out of gold, it is Red Bull. Salvador and Cablay looked to be great fits in a Red Bull lineup. They’re not stars but they’re willing to do what it takes to make their team win, and that’s the Red Bull mentality. San Miguel, on the other hand, would be overjoyed to have both Villanueva and Fonacier. With LA Tenorio, Olsen Racela and Wesley Gonzales already in the lineup, they’re primed to formed the next real Ateneo connection that could attract a swarm of fan following. If that happens, they will have a problem on whom to play among Pena, Ildefonso and Villanueva in the frontcourt, and among Hontiveros, Calaguio, Gonzales, Tugade and Fonacier in the backcourt and swing positions. It’s a big problem but it’s a nice problem to have. The Giants gets older as Rommel Adducul is already 31 compared to the 26-year old Salvador but he is big (6-6 225 lbs) and physically strong. He will give the Giants a banger inside a strong rebounder in the post. He will also be the perfect compliment to Kerby Raymundo since he loves to do the dirty work inside and does not take away the scoring opportunities from Kerby. Interior defense, rebounding and low post offense is what the Giants need and that’s what Rommel Adducul does for a living.

Hmmmm.... bakit naka-suspend yung malaya site :lol:

Wala pa rin akong makitang updates to the trade sa PBA.PH site

I searched the net and this is what I found so far

Villanueva on the block?

john geoffrey dacanay May 17th, 2007 (Visited 103 times)

News around the league have the Red Bull Barakos franchise player Enrico Villanueva on the trading block. Villanueva has been struggling this season for Red Bull, and the emergence of former Shell benchwarmer Carlo Sharma have made him somewhat expendable.

According to reports, Villanueva and sophomore guard Larry Fonacier are headed to San Miguel for Rommel Adducul and Brandon Lee Cablay. A third team, Purefoods is also looking to make it three-way in the hopes of addressing their woes in the frontcourt. The Giants are reportedly dangling sophomore Jondan Salvador and a future draft pick or Jun Simon to land their coveted big man.

It is still unclear how this deal works out. Both the SMC and Photokina franchise have been mum on the issue and have not made any confirmation regarding the proposed deal. According to league insiders, San Miguel is hellbent on making this deal work, the hitch being the provisions of the Restricted Trading List (RTL) which prevents Villanueva from being dealt to another team in exchange for non-RTL players. If they intend to make this deal go down, the Beermen would have to part ways with Danny Seigle, and Purefoods with 2005-06 MVP James Yap or Kerby Raymundo. I don't think both clubs would consent to this kind of deal and would probably ask the Commissioner, instead, to replace Villanueva with either Junthy Valenzuela or Mick Pennisi in the RTL.

Under the RTL, the Commissioner has the power to appoint players in the RTL, which means, only Noli Eala is authorized to name the franchise players for each team. If Comish decides to replace Villanueva in the RTL, we could see a fifth blockbuster trade this season in the offing. Villanueva could go to either Purefoods or San Miguel. Several sources disclose that this was a trade made for Purefoods with only San Miguel acting as a conduit. So if Purefoods lands Villanueva in the trade, would it help them right away? yes and no.

If this was done after the conference, I would say yes. The thought of a Kerby-Enrico tandem down the lane would be downright scary. Both can bang, score inside and defend the interior. However, I am not sure if Kerby meshes well with a guy like Enrico who will also demand the ball because he knows he can score too. It could also be recalled that just last season, both were involved in a heated race for the Fiesta Conference Best Player plum, with Enrico eventually winning out which prompted Kerby's "ako ang tunay na mvp!" claim right on national television.

Without a doubt, however, I know both men are professional enough to let bygones be bygones and let their energies be channeled on the floor. If this trade goes down right now, I don't see how it could benefit the Giants. Enrico is with the RP team right now and will miss the remainder of the Fiesta Cup. Losing Jondan Salvador and possibly Jun Simon would be disastrous to their campaign this conference. As you can see, the team is severely undermanned right now. They're without Mark Pingris, Jun Limpot who are all down with injuries and Kerby Raymundo who is with the national team. Simon, on the other hand, has been phenomenal for the Giants this year. He is putting up career averages in virtually every statistical department. It would be such as a jolting loss if he is included in the swap.

One interesting scenario that could play out is this: Villanueva and Fonacier to San Miguel, Rommel Adducul to Purefoods, Jondan Salvador, Brandon Cablay, and possibly draft picks to Red Bull. At the onset, it looks like a terrible trade for Red Bull, talent-wise but don't tell that to coach Yeng Guiao. Guiao has been a master of making lopsided trades turn into their favor. Jondan Salvador and Brandon Cablay does not compare with Villanueva and Fonacier, marketing-, and talent-wise but if there is any team who can make garbage out of gold, it is Red Bull. Salvador and Cablay looked to be great fits in a Red Bull lineup. They're not stars but they're willing to do what it takes to make their team win, and that's the Red Bull mentality. San Miguel, on the other hand, would be overjoyed to have both Villanueva and Fonacier. With LA Tenorio, Olsen Racela and Wesley Gonzales already in the lineup, they're primed to formed the next real Ateneo connection that could attract a swarm of fan following. If that happens, they will have a problem on whom to play among Pena, Ildefonso and Villanueva in the frontcourt, and among Hontiveros, Calaguio, Gonzales, Tugade and Fonacier in the backcourt and swing positions. It's a big problem but it's a nice problem to have. The Giants gets older as Rommel Adducul is already 31 compared to the 26-year old Salvador but he is big (6-6 225 lbs) and physically strong. He will give the Giants a banger inside a strong rebounder in the post. He will also be the perfect compliment to Kerby Raymundo since he loves to do the dirty work inside and does not take away the scoring opportunities from Kerby. Interior defense, rebounding and low post offense is what the Giants need and that's what Rommel Adducul does for a living.

The "deal" (that suck) was done dude! Aduccul for Bondying!!!

Edited by peep_tom
the trade did push through pala.. so sino ang pinalit ng smb kay rico? si adducul? kala ko tsismis lang eh..

well in all honesty... SMB ended up getting the better part of the deal

kaso yung fact lang na beerman na si Rico.. totally sucks!

I know.... but I couldn't find any sources online... tried the malaya site but was suspended for some reason :lol:

Maybe I guess I'm still in denial :lol:

check www.philstar.com

peep_tom! yyou got your wish

teka teka, i can see some flaws sa restricted players rule na yan

so you mean, pwede kong tanggalin kaagad yung restricion sa star player ko para ilipat sa iba

hahah

palakasan na talaga ang pba

t#ang%na mo rin danding!

peep_tom! yyou got your wish

teka teka, i can see some flaws sa restricted players rule na yan

so you mean, pwede kong tanggalin kaagad yung restricion sa star player ko para ilipat sa iba

hahah

palakasan na talaga ang pba

t#ang%na mo rin danding!

Yes and I'm so happy that they did it (F@ck!!!)

They lost one (one nga lang kaya?) very very loyal fan.

I have one suggestion to the management of SMB, take Chot Reyes, throw him out the window then take his baby bondying and shove it up his ass.

Edited by peep_tom
Danny I is SMB's franchise center... It would be deeply embarrasing for Enrico to be his replacement...

but that was the past... nowadays it's Dorean who mans the paint

Danny I is at best a PF...

the fact that Rico is with SMB... is an embarassment!

wala na ata pera ang red bull so they trade their star players just like they did to tugade..bad trip nga lang si villanueva hahaha

nah... I very much doubt this!

the main reason why the trade was consummated was because of the growing rift between rico and coach yeng!

kakaiba naman kasi si rico... may attitude problem talaga!

kaya rin naman nawala si Joe Lipa sa admu was because of him!

nah... I very much doubt this!

the main reason why the trade was consummated was because of the growing rift between rico and coach yeng!

kakaiba naman kasi si rico... may attitude problem talaga!

kaya rin naman nawala si Joe Lipa sa admu was because of him!

sources say na may kasama daw cash yang mga trade na yan e kasi talo na sa extra joss ang redbull....magaling ang coaching staff ng red bull napapagaling nila mag players..they dont need villanueva na kasi magaling na si sharma...just like they dont need tugade because gumaling si baguio

sources say na may kasama daw cash yang mga trade na yan e kasi talo na sa extra joss ang redbull....magaling ang coaching staff ng red bull napapagaling nila mag players..they dont need villanueva na kasi magaling na si sharma...just like they dont need tugade because gumaling si baguio

true! may cash na kasama sa mga deals na ito

though I wouldn't think they are significant enough to affect the scope of operation of these Companies

besides... the Company that distributes Red Bull locally is a diversified conglomerate...

it has other business interests as well...

Hindi kaya magkasalobong nnman ng kilay si Danny I and Enrico V.? just like last season?? :unsure:

hindi na raw sabi ni Rico... in good terms na daw sila ni Danny I hehe

I'll make a fearless prediction... I expect Adducul to be traded elsewhere!

another SMB team perhaps? ;)