Why do we work?!

I work because I want to be busy and I want to do something I love and which is worthwhile and I enjoy the most.

Honestly I have a lot of reasons why I work... I work so that my kids would have something to eat and would be able to enjoy the simple luxuries of life.

I work because I want to share something to my mom and dad and also to be able to buy my needs and wants.

we work for our self... so that our mom stop nagging with us saying "mag trabaho ka sayang yung pinag aralan mo" in short pakitang tao lang po... we work para di nakakahiya sa Mom ng BF/Gf kasi yun yung unang tinatanong ng in-laws to be.. kasi dagdag ganda/gwapo points yun... :cool:

• 1 month later...

Its very natural and easy to say that : we work for money. . nevertheless, there are other reasons why we work, and truth is, sometimes or in some cases, these other reasons, are the main reason why: we do work. . like: fulfillment on job done; yung pagiging kapakipakinabang mong tao; helping others as in civic endeavors and charities, services of low paying teachers, practice of medical profession in some rural areas; yung mga free legal assistance, mga makabayan.. etc. yung iba, nag tatrabaho para makaiwas sa nager na misis or parents; yung iba para makaporma; meron din kapritcho lang , hehehe para me masabing me nag hire sa kanila... hehehe :mtc:

para may ma-ilagay sa resume na job experience...

para sa susunod mka-hingi or mka-ask ka ng mas mataas na salary and so on...

hahaha! :lol: :cool: :lol:

seriously... its self-fulfillment aside from the money of course...

knowing that we can stand on our own. :hypocritesmiley:

and prove to ourselves that "hey! im not bum anymore! i actually have a work..."

hehehe... :lol: :D :lol:

Di ko alam why or how the rest of the world works pero ako ganito:

I HATE WORK.

I don't like working. Most of the tiny little tasks na work related that I have to do eh kinaiinisan ko. Some tasks I like, pero not all. Overall, ayoko mag work.

What I want to do? Eat, drink, sleep and play.

Being really, totally, perfectly honest with myself, that's all I really want to do.

PERO.

I need money to support what I want to do.

THEREFORE.

Iniisip ko na lang: I work to get the money I need to be able to get the things I need and be able to do the things I want and enjoy.

TAPOS:

Hinanap ko yung klase ng work na pag natapos ko nang gawin, bayaran na ko kagad. Ayoko yung mga trabahong dapat andun ako mula 9 hanggang 5. Ayoko yung mamasukan sa kumpanyang di ka pauuwiin hangga't di matapos yung oras na dapat andun ka na para kayong elementary children, sinusuka ko silang lahat... :D

Nakita ko naman yung trabahong pwede yung gusto ko. Kaso mo, andami pa ring tasks na dapat gawin, kundi, di ako mababayaran. Pero ang maganda naman, pag natapos ko na yung lahat ng dapat gawin, babayaran naman ako.

So hate ko pa rin mag work. Pero pag inisip kong matapos ko lang tong ginagawa ko ngayon at babayaran ako at may mabibili na naman akong gusto ko o may magagawa akong gusto ko with the money, binibilisan ko yung trabaho ko, ginaganahan ako.

Nowadays, pinipiga ko utak ko para makahanap ako ng way na kikita ako without working. Posible naman eh, may mga kilala akong ganun, or at least very close to it.

BUT:

I have to work at it. May mga raket/project na pag pinag-aralan mo kung pano gawin and you get good/successful at it, darating yung time na yung money returns mo is big without so much effort.

Suntok sa buwan? Sige, aamin akong nanununtok ako ng buwan. Pero in my past nakaka ilang sapak na ring inabot yung buwan sa kin, heto pinipilit ko pang patumbahin... :D

End result? Nowadays I work less than half the time the average Makati pro works in a month and I get a bit more than that average Makati pro's salary without leaving my house. Minsan sumasablay lalo na pag tinamad ako nang todo, minsan weeks ayoko mag work... Ganun eh, no work no pay and no pay no play eh...

But what I'm getting now is still a good deal for me, pero umaambisyon pa ko... Gusto ko less than a tenth of the work time ng average worker pero times ten nung average salary... Di naman masama mangarap di ba... At kung trip kong gawin sa buhay ko makipag suntukan sa buwan, karapatan ko naman siguro to di ba... Heto nga't inisip kong gawing New Year's resolution ko ang bago kong pangarap: maging super successful na tamad... :D

So my work nowadays consists of some really boring stuff to sustain my daily needs and wants and sustain my chance to work out bigger money making projects. Kaya still, I have to work. As I mentioned, I still hate having to do it.

But if I think about how thankful I should be for being able to live comfortably enough and how hopeful I am of the possible good things that lie ahead for me if I work at whatever I do well, I can't avoid thinking:

I LOVE WORK.

Labo no? Love-hate relationship ako with this thing called work.

I've resigned myself to thinking na maybe work isn't a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be simply lived...

C'est la vie!

Peace!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...