Filipino Habit That You Hate

Guest airmax

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this is a VERY VERY VERY interesting topic!!

1. The "Proud to be Pinoy!" crap these days - every-time we see a Filipino's success internationally almost 80% of the population say "I am so proud to be a Filipino!" the thing is, he/she did it not because he's/she's Filipino, he did it because he wanted to - that is his/her pasion, and most specially he did it not because he wanted to raise the Philippine flag and make you (yes you and that NEVER ever include me) proud of him/her.

Have you ever seen a Canadian saying "Oh My God! Justin Bieber is Canadian!! I am so proud to be a Canadian! " - though i understand that no-one is proud of him aside from his family

since i cannot delete nor edit my previous post (which i posted accidentally) i have to double post.

this is a VERY VERY VERY interesting topic!!

1. The "Proud to be Pinoy!" crap these days - every-time we see a Filipino's success internationally almost 80% of the population say "I am so proud to be a Filipino!" the thing is, he/she did it not because he's/she's Filipino, he did it because he wanted to - that is his/her pasion, and most specially he did it not because he wanted to raise the Philippine flag and make you (yes you and that NEVER ever include me) proud of him/her.

Have you ever seen a Canadian saying "Oh My God! Justin Bieber is Canadian!! I am so proud to be a Canadian! " - though i understand that no-one is proud of him aside from his family?

2. " OK na yan! " - people always blame the government for their poverty and mishaps, yes the government failed us in some ways, but it is in our own hands on how we will make ourselves prosper and get a life that we want. Most Filipinos are poor not because they have to but because they want to! they always settle with " pwede na yan.. " or " ok na yan! ". most of them don't have any drive for excellence. that is a typical Filipino - Juan Tamad. No wonder Philippines use Juan De La Cruz as an official Filipino icon.

3. " Ay ang pogi/ganda! " - yeah, appreciating beauty is normal, good and reasonable. but making those God gifted people do things that they are not meant to do is so effin' wrong! with this " Ay ang pogi/ganda! " attitude of most FIlipinos, we are deteriorating any remaining value of what things are supposed to be.

take this as an example, (i am fond of football/soccer, i root for Arsenals..) these Younghusba** brothers are very very popular right? it's as if whenever you say football in Philippines, everybody will incorporate their names. but the thing is the "Chieffy" guy is also good - i can tell because i watch Barclays and i can see the "chieffy" guy's moves and style similar to most Barclays players.

going back to our eye candies, they were worshipped as football gods in the Philippines, but heck, they weren't even drafted to be in the main roster of Chelsea F.C. ask a Filipina this line " why do you suddenly watched football?" and expect a reply such as " ang gwapo kasi ni Phil!! aaaaaay! kinikilig ako! "

another example to make things fair, one of the top Television company in the Philippines is GM* 7. found in this network is a hot chick actress named Marian River*.. yeah admit it, she's a chick. but the question is who do we call actors? - answer is somebody who can act. then for this case, can this chick act? i believe it is a plain NO. she got the looks, she got the B's guys will die for (Boobs, Butt, Body, Beauty and No Brains - apparently, the last one is not a characteristic a guy will die for).

ask a Filipino manyak " why is she the main star of that drama series? " and probably the guy will answer " kasi sexy sya eh " - since when did the industry of arts incorporate drama with lust?

i don't know if she can dance, but since her asset is her physical looks, why don't we just put her in the modeling industry. i bet she'll look fantastic modeling for an earing - wearing ONLY the earing and nothing more.

4. The " Half Blood $hit " - Filipinos are everywhere. be it a poor or wealthy country as long as the country sells rice, Filipinos will be present. since some of our "kababayans" got lucky and migrated to other countries, their offspring were labeled as " Half Pinoy - Half XXXXXX ".

the thing with these half pinoys is that, whenever they failed getting a career from their countries of birth, they tend to race going to Philippines and shout proudly these words (and believe me, ALL of 'em told these lines)

" Como-esta keh-yo me-nga keb-be-be-yen koh?! Meh-hel koh ke-yong le-het! I am so proud to be here with you guys.... ( wait for it.... wait for it..... just a few seconds more.....) I AM SO PROUD TO BE A FILIPINO!

- and that my friend is the ultimate script told by every aspiring actors, singers and performers born in other countries but failed getting a career.

to relate with the topic, Filipinos got this mentality that if a person is Half Pinoy - Half Whatever, our subject will be able to do EVERYTHING and ANYTHING! for Christ's sake! i want to swear a lot everytime i see half-halves in my TV!

put it this way, the half pinoy half alien can't do a $hit but gets a God knows how long years contract to a TV network. which is backed up by Filipino fans with the mentality of my entry #1 and entry #3. and surprisingly, our Godlike individual will even get a movie contract, recording contract, dancing contract, modeling contract and a most probable marriage contract with Kris Aquino.

I got lots in my list but i think this post is so effin' long that i have to stop as of this moment. I'd love this thread to keep moving so i'll post here regularly my Filipino ugali observartions.

to continue with my observations, here's another set of Filipino's not really wanted traits.

(continuation of http://manilatonight...c=21890&st=1543)

5. " Never insult a Filipino! " - Filipinos love calling people names. We call Indians " Bumbay " or " 5-6 ", we call Arabs " Shawarma ", for the Chinese - " Chekwa " or " Instik " and call the Japanese as " Sakang ". Yes, Filipinos are fun loving, we laugh a lot and have good times a lot! But we fail to notice that we are degrading other people. Filipinos find it funny whenever they call other races names that collectively describe what they usually see to such individual.

But what happens when other countries make jokes about Filipinos? Yeah, Filipinos cry of harassment, demand for public apologies, threaten that they will tell UN such issues and they also want the guy who delivered the joke crucified. And in my mind, they will not stop bashing the joke-source unless a cash bag full of dollars is slammed in each and everyone's faces and every single Filipino becomes a green card holder.

6. " My life is a drama! huhuhu " - television as of these days is not child friendly. I grew up watching Sesame street, Batibot, Tom and Jerry, He-Man, Scooby Doo and Yogi Bear. But seeing today's television program listing is horrible! All things in Philippine media now are nothing but drama and telenovela. Worst is that parents - specially the Mothers, allow their children to watch stupid Philippine drama series that shows only the same, exact, identical, copied, cloned (yes, i really made them redundant), and worthless trash plots - the protagonist is poor, the antagonist is wealthy, the rich people bullies the poor guys, the poor guys wanted REVENGE since they feel that no one pities them, then they realize that they were the righteous ones and become rich and the antagonists turned poor, then the switcheroo happens, then they k*ll each other's clan and poof they became Koko Crunch!

Since all of Philippine TV stations show crap like those, the mindset of every Filipino would be " I can relate to what happened to her family.... that's the same feelings I want to express now! " Thus making more Filipinos ignorant and forget what is real and what is not. They fail to do what they have to because they are hoping that someday, someone will save them from the $hit they're in. The Filipino attitude toward this matter - the mindset of life is a fairy tale.

7. " Sucking Machine " - were you raised in a peaceful and beautiful Philippine province, and suddenly your parents decided that you should live in Metro Manila. After studying or working hard in Manila. you decided to pay a visit to your hometown. Here goes another Filipino "ugali", all of your provincial friends, kapitbahay and relatives expects you to bring them something - they'd really love cash! If you don't give 'em something, then they'll spread news that you've changed, you suddenly turned into a selfish mother-fu*ker, that you are now a "mayabang assh*le" and whatever bad things they can think of.

Variation of this instance would be the relatives of most OFWs. During the time of the OFW's struggle to secure a job abroad, his/her relatives don't give a $hit about him/her. But by the time he gets the spot, his aloof relatives will then be his bestfriends and will always stay beside the OFW's 1st degree family - all of 'em expecting to get some " balato " - which if not given to them will result into a family dispute.

As far as I know, an OFW ventures a foreign land to provide for his 1st degree family and not to act as Santa Claus for the whole clan.

8. " Oh mhy Ghadz, nakakatamad na here sa Bora! " - social climbers piss the hell out of me. First thing, Boracay should never be called as " Bora " because you will never see " Bora Island " on the Philippine map, another thing, when we were welcomed by the hotel attendants, they did not say " Good morning Sir! Welcome to Bora! " thus making Bora Island imaginary. Second, if you call Boracay as " Bora ", then I suppose that it is your first time going there, and you are just showing off to those who can't afford to go there. Third, how hard is it to say a three-letter word to make a proper noun complete? Fourth, we do not call Manila as " Mani ". Fifth, your parents sent you to school to learn how to properly read and write - don't frustrate them. Sixth, "BORA" - IT DOESN'T EXIST!!!!

Filipinos love status symbols and that includes inventing stupid names for anything. I think it was embedded to most Filipinos that to become respected, you need to have high-end stuff. In some cases that is needed, but do you think that we will be respected if we only go for show? Social climbers, they got iPhones - I have the nokia flashlight phone. Our difference, they send lots of SMS while I drain my phone battery making calls.

It's getting late, need to report for work tomorrow.. I'll continue my list the next time I log-in. Thanks again to this thread! Peace and God knows there is no Bora!!!!! wink.gif