Honor Student Ka Ba

Never an Honor student but always in the Honors class, probably in the upper third. The competition was fierce with a lot of really smart guys in class which produced two business magnates: a majority owner of a PSE listed company and the other a sitting on the board of a major bank also listed in PSE. Company presidents a dime a dozen in our class.

- cum laude + several moments of having the top scores (in the whole batch/course) in exams

- NMAT 99

- has been accepted in a single-entry (only) program without having any relatives/kakilala in the institution

I've never "announced" these facts in real life (they're just on my records/transcript) since it's obviously

"mukhang mayabang", but hell, this is the internet, this is a specific topic in a forum, and I'm almost like a

superhero in terms of having a secret identity lol

Edited by vgbond
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Consistent honor student in Grade School and class salutatorian in Grade VII; honors section in High School but not consistently in the honor roll (I began discovering wine, women and song, and sports); Sana cum laude in UP if not for behaving like a wild dog unleashed during my freshie year (full-blown involvement with wine, women and song). I slightly mellowed the rest of the way helped along by booze and grass consumed in "moderation" while learning to strike a reasonable balance among academics, girls and varsity sports. Hehehehe... B)

Edited by Dagr
  • 2 weeks later...

Nung high school, I was actually obsessed with grades haha.... Ended up 2nd Honorable Mention with the Slimmest of Margins, kaunti na lang dapat Salutatorian ako except that kasama sa computation % ng 3rd year hehe.

Nung college, at the start. And then I got a failing grade, in drafting of all subjects. Tsk! Although I'm a Brilliant yet Lazy kind of guy so I'm an A to B+ in college

I would have gotten a silver medal (WTD AVG of between 1.76 and 2.09) except for the failure though.

But I enjoyed the drinking and the overnight parties when I reached college. And contrary to what they say Mapuans can have fun too.

Noong elementary, consistent honors student. Honors class sa high school pero no exemplary awards for academic excellence.College...well...was busy enjoying life. Didn't see the point of burying yourself in the books kung di mo naman naeenjoy ang college experience mo. Natapos din naman. Hehehe.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nursery and Kindergarten- 1st Honor

Elementary- Valedictorian

High School- 3rd General Excellence

College- Kulelat hahahaha

Dahil ang hirap ipasa ng minor. Kung ano pa yung minor subjects yun pa ang mahirap pag-aralan. HAHAHA!

elem and high school, consistent in being included in the list

college - com eng'g nope, I discovered how to have fun! when i shifted to ABPsych, got good grades. But accdg to my Psych profs, they noticed that if I don't like the subject, I'll just make sure to get a passing mark. I'd even count the number of correct answers that I had on the exam. If I know I got more than 75% right, that's enough. Got me good grades but not enough to earn a spot in the honor roll. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...