Who's Your Favorite Columnist?

i was just wondering: how can conrado de quiros be your favorite columnist?

he has become so one-dimensional lately.

puro attake kay GMA and he cannot even say a good thing about her.

i have my problems with gloria but does de quiros really think that she has done NOTHING as in ABSOLUTELY NOTHING good for this country?

how can a person who only sees one side of the coin and closes his eyes to the other have any credibility with u guys?

Amando Doronila. His analyses are very accurate, and he can pull it off without sounding too opinionated. His seeming lack of emotion makes you think, not feel, about the issue.

i have my problems with gloria but does de quiros really think that she has done NOTHING as in ABSOLUTELY NOTHING good for this country?

how can a person who only sees one side of the coin and closes his eyes to the other have any credibility with u guys?

De Quiros, despite my fondness for Doronila, is also a favorite. His opinions have much intelligent basis, unlike those of the Tulfos or Cacho-Olivares.

I don't want to speak for everyone else but I guess it's because De Quiros tries his darndest to defend whatever it is he's arguing for or against. I don't always agree with what he has to say but he states his case plainly and eloquently each time. That's more than enough for me.

As for the anti-GMA banat, I'm just surprised he hasn't been jailed yet what with mop up against anti-government sentiments. That would be the day...

At any rate, GMA deserves the brickbats. That woman is evil and should step down from office lest she commit further indignities only she's capable of pulling off, like, flushing the country down the drain (if she hasn't done it yet).

Ay Sorry, OT na :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i used to read de quiroz a lot. i even bought a palanca anthology where his short story is published. his was the first i read before the headline. but for the past two years, he no longer has me as a reader. he has become one problematic writer i refuse to deal with. he has become flat and predictable. you are who/what you read. man, i don't want that applied to me.

now i don't have a favorite. i just read what i think has the most interesting piece title.

Edited by KristinLavransdatr
  • 4 months later...

dati:

de quiros - until he started and never stopped writing against gloria. para siyang nabasted na suitor na hindi matanggp na basted sya.

thelma san juan - until she started and never stopped writing about prada and other designer ek-ek.

ngayon:

butch dalisay - he writes about ordinary, simple things and makes me smile. and i love his views and opinions. simpla lang pero may sense

never:

the likes of tulfo - lakas ng dating, banat dito banat dun. pag nabanatan nagsusumbong sa tao, gusto pa ata mag rally para sa kanya.

De Quiros, despite my fondness for Doronila, is also a favorite. His opinions have much intelligent basis, unlike those of the Tulfos or Cacho-Olivares.

Add to your list please Bel Olivares-Cunanan.

Staunch PGMA defender yan. Bulag sa lahat ng kapalpakan ni Gloria and AMEN lang sya sa mga gustong mangyari ng walang kwentang administrasyon ni Pandak, and why not? His husband (ex-Gen. Thelmo Cunanan) is a high ranking executive of PNOC. Sino nagpwesto sa husband nya dun?

I guess alam nyo na kung sino?

Truly, you don't bite tha hand that feeds you... :hypocritesmiley: :mtc:

Hmmm... I appreciate Ambeth Ocampo a lot, authors in youngblood entertain me as well (if they're counted!), i used to read Dero Pedero's column, educational, enlightening, entertaining.. but I stopped coz I got more tuned to Inquirer. I am beginning to appreciate Jessica Zafra... and yes, I also take in Conrado De Quiros' wrath...

• 2 weeks later...

Butch Dalisay rules !!!!!!

I could read his compilation of Barfly all day

He is the Keith Richards of pinoy columnists

consistent, elegant, sharp and never ever takes himself too seriously

Dolly Ann Carvajal is the Justin Timberlake of pinoy columnist

reductionist, excessive, shallow and BOOOORING

• 2 weeks later...