Who's Your Favorite Columnist?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Neal Cruz is a F*CKING IDIOT! http://opinion.inquirer.net/29991/those-ugly-murals-under-the-edsa-flyovers

Classic example of bad writing...

Dear MMDA Chairman Francis Tolentino:

Was it you who authorized those ugly murals under the Cubao flyover and on the perimeter fence of San Lorenzo Village in Makati along Edsa? Or was it the Department of Public Works and Highways or the local government units? Whoever, please have them removed immediately because they contribute to the “uglification” of Metro Manila.

Metro Manila, with certain exceptions, is ugly enough as it is, why make it uglier with those monstrous murals? The one at Cubao shows nothing but the ugly undersides of buildings and flyovers with plumbing and pipes very prominent among them. What for? You know what those plumbing fixtures do in real life? They carry the —-, you know what, from all the residences and buildings all around. The undersides of flyovers are ugly enough with them so dark. What they need is light, not ugly murals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Butch Dalisay for me, i've enjoyed reading his barfly column in philstar's lifestyle section since i stumbled upon it in 1997. The late Doreen Fernandez sa PDI is also a favorite columnist; her food travelogue is an insightful read .

I'm not really into the hard hitting opinion column writers like Neal Cruz and Doronilla, i should probably keep more abreast with current events :(

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...