11 hours ago, tommy69 said:

i sold cnvrg too early nga. not all ipos gave good yields. i still have some that are down by 80 percent.... win some lose some

Yup. I am stuck with tech at IPO, chp at ipo, etc. But still have enjoyed MM at Ipo and the rest of the new IPO's. Just balanced the order wherein those companies I am not that interested in maybe 10k and those that I feel have a good business model about 50k and up. Just to have a skin in the game. Gretzky came up with "you miss all the shots you didnt take" 

12 hours ago, DG99 said:

Yup. I am stuck with tech at IPO, chp at ipo, etc. But still have enjoyed MM at Ipo and the rest of the new IPO's. Just balanced the order wherein those companies I am not that interested in maybe 10k and those that I feel have a good business model about 50k and up. Just to have a skin in the game. Gretzky came up with "you miss all the shots you didnt take" 

yup. been in the game for so long. win some lose some. as long as my batting average is above 60 percent 

1 hour ago, tommy69 said:

any suggestion for the next possible big move? aside from monde?

Im actually looking forward to the villar ALLDY Ipo. Also, if polls show Leni or a non-admin catching up by March, ABS might also be an interesting stock to accumulate. Bato and Bongbong might tank the stock further. 

Am not into technicals so have no idea on market trends for specific stocks. I might also look into MWC declaring dividends again by next year. Hope it is substantial in value to drive interest back to MWC

12 minutes ago, DG99 said:

Im actually looking forward to the villar ALLDY Ipo. Also, if polls show Leni or a non-admin catching up by March, ABS might also be an interesting stock to accumulate. Bato and Bongbong might tank the stock further. 

Am not into technicals so have no idea on market trends for specific stocks. I might also look into MWC declaring dividends again by next year. Hope it is substantial in value to drive interest back to MWC

got into mwc at 16 already. got burned already with ipo of home. so i avoid alldy. cnp also a lot lost their money.

1 hour ago, tommy69 said:

got into mwc at 16 already. got burned already with ipo of home. so i avoid alldy. cnp also a lot lost their money.

Wow, good call on MWC. It is at 23+ right now. And they haven't declared dividends yet for the past 2 years. Maybe 2022 is the year they declare dividends again. 

Home is actually on it's way back to IPO price. To be fair to Manny Villar, his home outlet arent that bad looking and their coffee project actually makes good coffee. 

Is cnp a typo of CHP? I got burned big time on this. Good news is that cement prices from vietnam are recently going up due to higher shipping cost, dollar appreciation, and arrastre charges. So the expected higher prices of cement here in the Philippines should improve their bottomline this 2021

17 hours ago, DG99 said:

Wow, good call on MWC. It is at 23+ right now. And they haven't declared dividends yet for the past 2 years. Maybe 2022 is the year they declare dividends again. 

Home is actually on it's way back to IPO price. To be fair to Manny Villar, his home outlet arent that bad looking and their coffee project actually makes good coffee. 

Is cnp a typo of CHP? I got burned big time on this. Good news is that cement prices from vietnam are recently going up due to higher shipping cost, dollar appreciation, and arrastre charges. So the expected higher prices of cement here in the Philippines should improve their bottomline this 2021

cnp = carmella and palmera homes. the bonds went bust during 97 financial crisis. same as what happened to the benpres group.   i also have chp. loss too.  eagle also. just sold to recover from their ipo price

7 hours ago, tommy69 said:

that is the core biz of the villar group before they renamed it. Kaya nga no one wanted to touch them after that. 

Wow, learned a new info today. Didnt know Villar had some failed endeavors too. Goes to show that we shouldnt give up even after being badly beaten

11 hours ago, listo said:

Anong mga stocks ang good investments ngayon

I would recommend FB as it has a quarterly dividend of 0.40 x 4 =1.6php/share. Current price at 76/share. 1.6/76 = 2.1% gross dividend yield at current price.  stock's all time high precovid (since 2019) was about 118/share. 

Comparing it to parent company SMC with quarterly dividens of 0.35 x 4 = 1.40 php/share. Current price at 115/share. 1.40/115= 1.21% gross dividend yield at current price. Stock's all time high precovid (since 2019) was at about 190/share.

While they are from different industries, the DNA of both firms are expected to be similar. In addition, the dividend yield is more attractive for FB and I would guess without looking into both firm's financial statement that FB's earnings per share is actually higher than that of SMC's. Also, once the economy starts opening up by December, FB stands to gain more as more food and alcohol are consumed. 

3 hours ago, tommy69 said:

energy generation stocks will be a good buy. with the current surge in coal and nat gas  we expect power generation cos to earn a lot. same with scc which gave tons of dividends to the current shareholders

SPC is also looking into RE. It also has a nice dividend policy

• Like (+1) 1