Guitar Talk

its cool to be in Open D tuning once in a while. you get to discover different sounds.

yah and less stress and pain in the hands.. :thumbsupsmiley:

yo! incase anybody is interested i'm selling my ibanez grg220dex and zoom g2 bought last july 07...pm me for pics super fresh...i got my dream rig na and i'm disposing of my other equipment thanks

bro, if you have digitech stomp boxes benta mo nlng sakin.. or bka meron ka demon wah or bad monkey.. :goatee:

yah and less stress and pain in the hands.. :thumbsupsmiley:

bro, if you have digitech stomp boxes benta mo nlng sakin.. or bka meron ka demon wah or bad monkey.. :goatee:

sayang nahuli ka bro...ihad the demon wha just sold recently, to be honest not worth it for me eh, it will have a wah sound...but i still go for the JD crybaby the best :thumbsupsmiley:

sayang nahuli ka bro...ihad the demon wha just sold recently, to be honest not worth it for me eh, it will have a wah sound...but i still go for the JD crybaby the best :thumbsupsmiley:

Yeah medyo bitin yung Weeping Demon sa vocal like na wah pero mahaba range niya compared to JD wahs. Mas nagagamit ko pa rin yung Dimewah ko kaysa sa Weeping Demon.

yeah if you are going to let say you are going to change a single coil pickup with a another single coil, i THINK that there wouldn't be any problem. im just not sure if you also need to consider changing the and tone knob of your guitar to compensate for the change in pick up.. you might not get the tone you are expecting to hear from your new pick up if you are not going to consider this.

if you are going to put let say an active EMG humbucker pickup on your guitar, that would be a little tricky. those kits usually have their own volume and tone knobs along with it. that made me think that you may need to consider the ratings of the potentiometers on your guitar. my suggestion, try to go to a reputable guitar repair center and ask around before doing any modification.

Quick question: I'm planning on changing my guitar's pickups. Do I simply disconnect the wires from the old one and solder the wires from the new one? I'm assuming there are only two wires ( + and - ), or is there more to it?

sorry but i have to comment on the previous post, it depends on the pick-ups involved...if it's humbuckers there is a polarity to be checked. the bad part is most pick-ups have different color coding, its not as simple as taking the previous Pu's then replace with the same color. the effect would be (if done incorrectly) your guitar will have a nasal sound because of the wrong polarity...the same can be applied with the way you want to make your PU's sound if you want them in series or parallel...there are a lot of factors to consider before replacing...my tip is to check the website of the Pu's that you will be installing as all of them have tips and wirinig diagrams you can use...trust me bro you don't want to mess up you guitar that way...soldering and resoldering (lets say you made a mistake) alone can damage your POTS, using a soldering iron more than 40W will damage you POTS, trust me i have been replacing pick ups on my guitar for over 10 years now...if you thing you cant handle it go to a luthier.

Other than Audiophile, are there any other authorized Ibanez dealers here in the Philippines? If so, where? Thanks.

nope audiophile is the exclusive distributor here in the philipines they have partners tho, audio studio in mega and one at west ave i forgot the name, the one in west ave have lots of guitars and audio studio has new stock

nope audiophile is the exclusive distributor here in the philipines they have partners tho, audio studio in mega and one at west ave i forgot the name, the one in west ave have lots of guitars and audio studio has new stock

by the way i have a couple of items i want to dispose if theres anyone interested pm me your offers thanks

1. ibanez grg220dx-no sratches bought 07/26/07 with softcase, strap and all accessories.

2. marshall mg15cd- bought October 07

3. zoom g2-bought the same time as the guitar

thanks

by the way i have a couple of items i want to dispose if theres anyone interested pm me your offers thanks

1. ibanez grg220dx-no sratches bought 07/26/07 with softcase, strap and all accessories.

2. marshall mg15cd- bought October 07

3. zoom g2-bought the same time as the guitar

thanks

reason for selling pala just got an ibanez rg320ex arctic red and a new amp, i really dont need that much equipment. thanks

nope

Everymusic in cubao (the DAME guitars showroom) carries Ibanez also

you can check out the models and prices here

you can also use the website to order online

I'm not sure if PJC music in ortigas has Ibanez too, but they have some sweet looking EPI's and ESP's there.

nope

I'm not sure if PJC music in ortigas has Ibanez too, but they have some sweet looking EPI's and ESP's there.

well yeah everymusic has ibanez but they are imported, when you order you have to wait 2 weeks for them to bring you your guitar, you wont see them in the showroom, the dame guitars are nice for the buck tho

saan yung PJC bro? thnks

nope

well yeah everymusic has ibanez but they are imported, when you order you have to wait 2 weeks for them to bring you your guitar, you wont see them in the showroom, the dame guitars are nice for the buck tho

saan yung PJC bro? thnks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
guitarist here. 4 years pa nga lang.hehe.

my first axe was the super duper mega mura na Fernando ang brand. Di ko na alam kung ano ang pangalan niya kasi sandali lang ko siya nagamit (nasira kagad). Pero may floyd rose siya.

Second kong guitar is the Nuno Bettencourt model ng Washburn. Lightweight, pero astig.

Then nasira na naman. Di ko pa siya napapaayos kasi sobrang busy.

Pero next kong target is either a Gibson SG or Fender Mustang.

dude dream axe ko yang n4 ahaha yung kay nuno! too bad i dont know how to re-string a floyd rose bridge guitar...heard they are a pain in the ass