Eraserheads

Calhoun

i think they deserve the money!!!! nung nakikinig ako sa nu107 kahapon ang nasa top1 ang ang kanta ng PUPIL ni ely, top 4 ang american gurl ni Markus at top 7 ang betamax ng sandwich ni Raimund...astig sila

nung naging hall of fame sila sa Nu rock wards, sinabi na

"...perhaps there were just too many geniuses in one small laboratory and they call that lab..

the Eraserheads"

Edited by pizzapandesal

Jim Ayson said:

"I got some text messages from some "people in the know" smilies/smiley.gif Without going into details, they say the P10M figure being bandied about is too high and may actually refer to the total payout to the band. The talent fee per band member is more like P2M to P2.5M. I'll revise the posting accordingly."

July 14, 2008

Yun na.

IKA NGA NI JIM AYSON..

You know why talking the big money figures don't bother me? Because it means

that rock musicians are finally getting the respect they deserve. Why should

Gary Valenciano and Martin Neivera and all those artistas get all the big

bucks? Why does all the money just have to go to Rudy Tee of Sony BMG? I

don't want these guys to wind up like Pepe Smith 30 years from now, famous

and penniless. They are artists and they reserve respect all the perks that

come with the position. Not just artists - but rock stars. The fans put them

there.

AMEN?

AMEN!!!!!!!!!

^

hardly was my point.

I got nothing against them getting paid, heck, they deserve every cent of 10 or 2.5 or 2 mil or whatever it is that they got.

part of me is just frustrated that they had to get paid to reunite again.

if you know the back story of the split-up, you'd understand.

as late as 3 months back, Raimund was dousing any hint of a reunion---him and Ely had inflicted mortal wounds on their friendship that it seemed unlikely.

now that it's going to happen, I guess that this will all be business.

I think it's too early to say. Let's just wait until the concert is over. definitely, this will unfold. If the wounds were healed or not and what would happen after. Personally, i think this is strictly a one-night deal. unless the members' respective bands all split up, heaven forbid; and they decided to reunite for another or a few more albums. w/c ever way it'll go, we, the fans are all gonna be the winners.

But i still would have to disagree that they'd have it for free. For security reasons. You people know that very well.

^

hardly was my point.

I got nothing against them getting paid, heck, they deserve every cent of 10 or 2.5 or 2 mil or whatever it is that they got.

as late as 3 months back, Raimund was dousing any hint of a reunion---him and Ely had inflicted mortal wounds on their friendship that it seemed unlikely.

...naiintindihan kita kaibigan...alam ko history ng banda ng generation ko...

pero marami din pwede nangyari dun sa next 3 months di ba? palagay mo...?

^

hardly was my point.

I'll say this since my friends got it straight from Lemon (again, a few months back):

when they asked him how things between them were going and whether he visited Ely when he had a heart attack (that skank Dianne told the press that only Marcus and Buddy visited; she just plain hates Raimund's guts so we thought she lied)---he simply said,

"Bakit? Dahil ba mamatay na yung tao, dapat patawarin at kalimutan na yung nakaraan?"

things happened, a lot of things were said and with that mindset, I really didn't feel like it was possible---at least definitely not within this year.

but yeah a lot of things can happen in 3 months alright. like hmm...someone dropping money to make the impossible happen (the early blurbs have it that the group was reluctant until they got to the right price).

it's a one-night deal only because yun na nga, the two dudes just can't bear working together again.

as for doing it for "free"---they're just following a key element of the viral marketing ploy.

it's kinda stupid knowing how free concerts end up being jolog free-for-all affairs but these are the Heads and I definitely wouldn't miss it if I was there.

Edited by gift_of_game
hey, did you even get to read what you posted?

regardless, the point is that they will be paid handsomely for this gig.

it's all business.

there's no way you could put Ely and Lemon on one stage that doesn't involve huge wads of cash.

whoops! sorry, my bad. nagmamadali kasi ako nung binabasa ko yan kagabi eh. :P

about the concert being for free... medyo nagdadalawang-isip na rin ako if i would want to watch. 45 minutes, ilang kanta lang siguro yun. mas mahaba pa yung napanood kong concert nila sa UST dati. but, being the eheads fan that i am, i'd still hope to get those tickets tapos bahala na! :D

grabe naman si raymund, kung totoo yung balita na yan...

sabagay me interview dati kay raymund tungkol sa reunion concert... napakalabo daw... buti luminaw!!!

45 mins... parang bitin tayo diyan... ika nga foreplay pa lang yan eh... pero sali ako diyan!!!

okay si ely b... mabait!!! kinamayan ko dati siya nung album launching ng fruitcake...

me pirma pa ng eheads yung tape na yun...

sayang at nawala ko... pwede sa ebay yun...

post-169130-1216142324.jpg

^

actually totoo talaga yan.

it's about as close to first-hand info as you can get.

kaya nga nagulat nalang ako nung natuloy.

but don't get me wrong, this isn't meant to demonize Raimund at all.

mabait yan and really, mabait naman sila lahat.

the point is and as some of you may well know, a lotta stuff happened.

I doubt that Raimund would be as angry/frustrated/disgusted/bitter ng ganun lang---malalim ang away na yan and when he said that, it seemed like their friendship was beyond repair.

but people change and people change their minds.

maybe Ely will realize how much he missed playing with his old band and ditch those hacks who want so much to sound like "INTERPOL" (a band who wants to sound like Joy Division)...

maybe Raimund isn't as stone-hearted as he sounded on that warm summer night and maybe he's moved on...who knows, maybe they can use all this to go for it a second time...

...or not. :hypocritesmiley:

Edited by gift_of_game
well, if you can...kuyugin nyo nalang si Dianne---single biggest reason for the split-up. :P

tama na sir, hehehe.

John Lennon would always stand up for Yoko Ono.

gusto ko talaga mapanood to. pero sana hindi free.

gone are the days na kaya ko pang makipagsikuhan at makipagpalitan ng mukha sa Chuck Taylors. :upside:

well, if you can...kuyugin nyo nalang si Dianne---single biggest reason for the split-up. :P

Sorry Guys for this stupid question pero can u tell why they broke up? and Dianne whos she? Lazy of me to research, sorry..

And you guys have any Idea who the promoter is? and your input since theyre paying big bucks just to reunite them ryt? :thumbsupsmiley: