Eraserheads

Calhoun

By Gang Badoy

Philippine Daily Inquirer

Last updated 17:56:00 02/13/2009

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/...eads-rehearsal

THE word is out. The post-script to the phenomenal August gathering of the Eraserheads is on in a few weeks—it is confirmed and now terribly anticipated. With the show ending so abruptly the last time, it’s no big surprise people can’t wait for the concert date to arrive.

The Eraserheads are currently rehearsing for the show and we know you have a lot of questions. Here are questions about the rehearsals collected from people on Multiply, along with answers.

Did they come with a prepared set list?

Yes they did.

Who wrote the set list?

Ely drafted the initial set list. Then Raymund and Marcus met up with Ely about a week ago to firm up the order of the songs. Buddy wasn’t there, but they figured that three ’Heads is still better than one. On the rehearsal day itself, they sat down inside Blue Light Studio’s ante-room and discussed production details. A lot of ideas were thrown around and according to Raymund, they kept the ones that were funny and cool.

Did they choose their songs based on crowd favorites?

Yes! They chose the songs based on what they thought the audience would like to hear. They also had to factor in that this coming show is a also considered—by many—a continuation of last August’s reunion.

Did they reminisce old times?

No.

Did they take long to set up or was it fast? What axes did each musician bring and which effects did the guitarists rehearse with?

Raymund and Marcus went into the studio ahead of the two and started tweaking on their own. Then Buddy came in. He’s very efficient when he sets up himself. Ely had someone tune his Yamaha acoustic while he did the mic tests etc. For the rehearsals, both Ely and Marcus used a Fender Stratocaster, Ely using Boss effects and Marcus used something that looked like Digitech. Buddy used his Rickenbacker bass guitar and Zoom effects. Raymund brought his own sticks, snare drum and pedal and played on the resident Blue Light Studio drum set.

Magpapalit-palit ba sila ng instrumento?

Hindi ko alam.

Did they still remember all the chords and arrangements?

Yes they did remember it, but naturally there were some parts more shaky than others. Very few though, but there were some.

Was there any song that didn’t sound so good that they abandoned it?

No, they ran through all the songs on the set list to the end. No stops, just a lot of starts.

What track did they repeatedly run through?

Watching their rehearsals was like watching a gig, actually. This was the first band rehearsal I’ve seen where no one interrupted in mid-song to rerun an uncertain part.

Did they try to rearrange the songs?

Nothing like that, actually. They talked more lengthily on the production details but when it came to the songs, seemed like there was no urgent need to rearrange yet. It was, after all, just the first rehearsal for this particular reunion.

Topless ba sila kung mag rehearse?

Awa ng Diyos, hindi.

Did they approach the rehearsal in a business-like manner or was it loose and laid back?

They were as professional as they should be. The adjectives loose and laid-back were adjectives that never came to my mind while I was there.

Joker pa din ba si Marcus?

During rehearsals focused si Marcus, before or after—is a whole different story. Nakakatawa talaga si Marcus, full stop.

Was it smooth or were there disagreements about how things should go?

It went smoother and faster than everyone expected, according to the band members. Everybody played well. The atmosphere was comparatively lighter and they guessed it was because they were more comfortable around each other this time.

Did anyone criticize the other’s playing?

None, zero. It was eerily quiet in between songs, I could feel their thought balloons bump by the studio’s ceiling.

What was the rehearsal food during the breaks?

I duly sampled the spaghetti and meatballs. They also had a great healthy sandwich spread out. Semi-wheat bread, cold cuts, lettuce, tomatoes and other condiments were available too. I imagined that the oily side of the table was for the rest of the bunch, while the healthier looking fare was included with special consideration for Ely’s dietary restrictions. Cool. The ’Heads have paid their dues, so they deserve this red carpet roll-out.

Was there booze or did they play clean?

No booze whatsoever. Just a lot of water, iced tea, softdrinks. Coffee for the sane ol’ Buddy. I don’t think I noticed what Ely was drinking. Siguro tubig din.

How many hours did they spend rehearsing?

The group met at 2 p.m., I got there at 3 p.m. and found them huddled talking about the song order. They got spilled into the studio a bit past that and started playing a stream of songs. After zipping through the first planned set, Raymund suggested a break. And Ely said jokingly, “Sige, break na tayo!” Everyone in the studio was cautiously giggling, the atmosphere was giddy when people streamed out of the studio back to the ante-room. There was some planning with the entire group including the MTV decision makers and their respective managements. A second round inside the studio happened after that, this time smoother and more relaxed. Buddy was feeling under the weather so he left ahead of everyone. Marcus and Raymund left a bit past 7 p.m., while Ely was the last to leave the building.

How many rehearsals left? I suppose two more?

Exactly that, two more.

Did Jazz come prepared?

Jazz Nicolas (Itchyworms) wasn’t there yet. But Jazz is a genius, he doesn’t need to prepare.

What do you think would’ve been different if it was just the four of them without all the cameras shooting?

This would be my guess: With or without cameras, they’d have still practiced the same way. These four have been celebrities longer than half their lives, they are used to being watched. In fact, I think this is why the clamor for them is still on an upswing, because they are so familiar to the public, we all think we know these guys. No deep, dark chamber secrets, at least not any more than the regular guy.

Could you discern roles that each member plays in reaction to others?

Buddy is literally and figuratively the bass player and he’s always been the one that ‘held the line.’ Marcus is the rhythm guitar and he strums the pace for everyone even if he isn’t aware of it or even if he doesn’t make too much of that fact. Raymund is the drummer, he’s the ‘rah-rah’ man who snaps the rim shot when energy should be taken a level up or down, he is aware of that and so is everyone. Ely is the main song writer and the architect of the band, so he lays the blueprint down on the table and says, “This is what it will look like, any suggestions?” What I think I’m witnessing is a band of young dorm guys from UP Diliman who parted ways some time back for reasons so convoluted that all of them don’t even remember exactly why or what made them part in the first place. And here they are again, this time on equal footing. It’s easier for them to see eye to eye this time around.

How do you see the Eraserheads?

I see musicians who felt and still feel the need to part ways in order to establish their individual identities. I think going their separate ways was all they needed to come back together and stand again in that circular formation inside a studio. Now, they face each other with their own weapons of creativity forged elsewhere, this time as servants of the songs instead of their egos.

During the rehearsals, which song did the band think would be a crowd favorite during the concert? Are they cooking up a surprise for the crowd—can you give hints and clues?

I’m sure you’d really prefer that I don’t answer this one thoroughly. All I can reveal is that I overheard Buddy telling a tech person in charge that the sound system should be adjusted so that everyone watching gets a good view and a good audio catch. I appreciate the way he said that the area of the general admission tickets should get a great view of the screen and that the sound-throw should be exquisite because that area is the priority. I thought that was neat. I definitely like the latter-day ’Heads better than the self-declared obnoxious punks they used to be.

http://smart.com.ph/NR/rdonlyres/3470DA67-1E7B-4E49-A594-25121FFB2FD3/10536/banner.jpg

PUPIL SUNDAY SESSION, 99.5 hit FM

1)matador (c eLy na yung kumanta nung line ni ms. diane)pagtapos nyang kantahin yung matador: eLy: alam ko pa pala?!

2)Fin (c Ely yung kumanta)ganda talaga ng boses!

3)sumasabay (malungkot version daw sabi ni dok)kulet.

4)talon (kumanta din c wendell sariling version nga lang.haha)

5)nasaan ka? (may caller na nagtanong kung anong meaning nung kanta, e wala na yatang maisip c eLy..kaya yon,kakantahin na lang daw nya.)

6)dulo ng dila (dok)

7)sala

8)set me apart

9)Disconnection notice (astig!)

10)Monobloc (last song)

dj:bakit monobloc?ano ibig sabihin nun? eLy:sa totoo lang pare, di ko din alam e!(haha)

dj: bakit wildlife?

eLy: life is wild!=)

....(parang may sinabi ung dj tungkol kay wendell)

eLy: di nga nagpaalam tong c wendell e!

wendell: (sa dj) wag ka maingay! di nga nila alam yun e!

dj: bakit sabi nyo parang minadali nyo yung album?

eLy: wala na kaming pera e. (haha)

yani: kala nyo maganda talaga yung tunog ng mga drums dito sa pilipinas? mga lata-lata lang yan ni wendell sa bahay e!(haha)

eLy: eto, yung fin.

yani: (kay dok) ikaw kakanta nyan?

dok: hindi, c eLy.

eLy: gusto ikaw?

dj: ano yung fin?sa fish?

yani: fin.finish.final. ginawa namin syang una sa album..parang pinilosopo lang namin.

...c dok may bagong effects

dok: pinag-gastusan ko tong gabing to' ah! kanina ko nga lng to' (effects) binili e..

...may pinarinig c dok na effects

eLy: pusa yun e!

yani: hi to my brother yael! nakikinig sya ngayon. nagtext sya, natatawa sya sa sinabi mo(eLy) kanina e..papabasa ko sayo. di ko na sasabihin, baka may ma-offend e!

eLy: ahh..alam ko na yon.

yani: gumimik nga kami kagabi e..sabi nya kasi, kawawa naman tong taong to' di na nakakalabas, ilabas ko nga!(hehe)

...1st caller, Mikee Aguilar (lister) 12 yrs old

eLy: oh, parang kilala ko yun ah..!

eLy: meron ka pang tanong?!

mikee: wala na po..

eLy: hindi, magtanong ka pa..ikaw lng tumatawag dito e! (tawanan cla)

eLy: gusto mo jummaming ka pa sa next song e..

yani: may gumawa na ba nun dito, neil(dj)?!

dj: oo.meron na..

pupil: ay, baduy!=) wag na, wag na..may gumawa na pala nun dito e..sorry ka na lang mikee,may gumawa na..(hahaha)kulit nila!

...caller, bryan 21 yrs old

caller: sino talaga ung lead guitar?c ely o c yan?

yani: magandang tanong yan.case to case, minsan guitar ni eLy,minsan guitar ko..

...c dok kakanta na

dok: papalungkutin ko muna sila..kasi and kulit nyo e!

eLy: oo nga e..ang saya naten!=)

dok: (sa dj) gusro mo ikaw kumanta?

dj: may kopya ba dyan?

dok: uyy..gusto nya.hehe,

dok: pwedeng pabati?!

dj: sure..

dok: happy birthday sa daddy ko..

pupil: happy birthday po!

yani: ako din,babati..happy birthday din sa daddy ko.di nya birthday pero, naiinggit lang ako kay dok!(hahaha)

wendell: eto, eto,may joke ako.

yani: teka, nasa radyo tayo..bastos ba yan?!

wendell: hindi..(ung joke nya tungkol sa askal na lion pala!)hahaha,

...caller,ishang, 16 yrs old.

caller: bakit c eLy ung napili nyong vocalist?

pupil: ano daw?ano daw?

eLy: bakit daw ako napili nyong vocalist..

eLy: nag-raffle kami e..ako ung napili.=)

yani: actually magandang tanong din yan.dapat itinatanong yan sa lahat ng banda e.

eLy: ako kasi palagi nasa harap e..diba obvious na napaka-ganda ng boses ko?! (mi-hi-hi-yo-ho-ho-ho)haha.kulet!

pupil: oo nga noh,bakit nga ba?

caller: kung magiging babae kayo, sinong celebrity ang crush nyo?

dok: pwede bang babae na lang?ung crush?

pupil: kung babae nga daw e.

dok: bakit,pwede naman yun ah..

yani: ako, yung bata sa godfather2.

eLy: ako, si ano.. si brad pitt!ung sa dating daan ah..haha.

dok: ako, c japs! c japs ang crush ko..(tawanan)

yani: pag-uwi mo sa bahay sasabihin sayo ni japs, yuck!kuya,crush mo pala ko!hahaha.

dok: kuya ka dyan.ako nga tumatawag ng kuya dun e!

wendell: ako, c don pepot!(tawanan)

caller: different from other bands???

yani: siguro mas maganda si wendell pasagutin natin dyan..

wendell: iba ung music ng pupil!magkakaiba talaga e.

..c LoLa(tim) na yun tumawag!

dj: ok, whats ur question?

tim: ba't po ang gagwapo ng pupil?may time din po bang nagkakagalit kayo?

eLy: lagi! may utang pa nga sking fishball tong c dok e..(hehe)

yani: mag-away nga tayo!

eLy: tara! suntukan tayo! (ang kulit nung part na to' may mga sound effects pang ngsusuntukan sila!hahaha..)

yani: actually, yun nga ang dapat naming baguhin e!yun nga problema e!yung hindi kami nag-aaway!

dj: ano pang tanong mo?

tim: di po ba kayo(pupil) napapagod?kasi, kanina pa kayo tumatakbo sa utak naming mga listers e!(hahaha)whataline!

pupil: ahi! kinilig naman kami!=)

dok: pwede bang makuha telephone number mo?!hehe.

yani: ayy,ako hindi makakatakbo.pilay ako e!=)hi to all listers pala!=)

..caLLer

caller: tulad nung nagyari kay eLy..

eLy: ang saya nga nun e!bakasyon!=)naging OA lng kasi ung balitang yune..nagagamot naman yun e..excersice lng chka diet!

eLy: St. Paul ka pala, wendell..

caller: sino po ung teacher nyo nung nsa st. paul pa kayo?ung pinaka hindi nyo makakalimutan?

wendell: c Ms aguila! binagsak ako nun e!hahaha

caller: ay, wala na po un e!

wendell: pinaligpit ko na e!(hahaha.kakulit!)

caller: anong course mo, dok?

wendell: ofcourse!hahaha.

..childhood nickname.

eLy: ako, bukol. nag-kaaksidente kasi ko nung bata ako e,nagkabukol ako.hehe

dok: ako, andoy.nung nagkaro'n ng andoks..andoks na!

...caller,mariane

caller: kay eLy..wag ka sanang maooffend..anong feeling mo..?

eLy: anak ng tokwa!nakaka-offend naman yun oh!(hahaha)

wendell: yun pa lang e noh, sa anong feeling mo na-offend na!(tawanan)

caller: anong feeling mo pagkinocompare ung eheads sa pupil?

wendell: hanggang ngayon pa rin ba?

eLy: nagugutom ako pagkinocompare ung eheads sa pupil!(anong connect diba..)hahaha.

eLy: ano nga ba?eto talaga ung pinaka-importante e..wala nang eheads at meron pang pupil!=(

pupil: yon..

caller: sayang.hindi ko keo napanood nun.

eLy: sa youtube.maraming video dun ng eheads!ang pangit nga dun nung isa e!hehe,

caller: anong ibig sabihin nung here i go again?

eLy: para sa mga makukulet na tao yun e!

...may caller na bossing ung tawag kay dok chka kay yani.maestro naman kay eLy..kay wendell kuya ung tawag.

wendell: bossing,bossing,maestro..kuya!minahal kita don..mahal na kita!=)haha

...tungkol sa nangyari kay eLy..

wendell: pakialam ko sa mga to'..hahaha

eLy: wala na kasing pumapansin sa banda nun..publicity lang yun!hahaha. na-exage lang yun e,

..caller, jam (tanong kay dok)

caller: bakit ka sad?

dok: kasi wala ka dito e..(haha..gumaganon pa..)

caller: (kay yani) wala ka bang balak magbawas ng timbang?

yani: actually, sabi ng doctor ko dapat na..

eLy: mag-boksing ka pare,heavywieght ka na e!(hahaha)

caller: ano pong opinyon nyo sa affair?

pupil: affair o disaffair?!=) pagnagkasalubong kayo ng kaibigan mo,affair tayo!

..may nagtanong yata kung ano din masasabi nila sa pag-commit..?

eLy: kung wala kang kotse, mag commit ka!(hahaha)

...caller,14 yrs old

eLy: pabata ng pabata e, noh..

...caller,kharl, 26yrs old (lister)

dok: kharl, ngtxt ka saken ngayon diba, sabi mo di ka makatawag...

kharl: oo nga e..buti na lang nakatawag ako!pautang nga, dok! hello pla sa mga listers.naka-online cla ngayon.

...may nagsabi yata sa ym na hindi nya magets ung video ng monobloc

yani: may ibang nagcocomment na di raw nla magets ung video(monobloc), pinadisable ko na!wala kaming paki-alam! basta gusto namin ung video!(hahaha)

dok: kayo kaya nasa kalagayan namin?(hehe,chura!)

yani: may ibang gig sched na..di namin sasabihin kasi minsan gusto naming..

eLy: walang pumunta!(tawanan)

yani: hindi..kasi,practice yin!=)

...caller, kapatid daw sya ni mikee(1st caller)

caller: pwede po bang pakibati ni eLy c mikee?yung may iloveyou pa daw po kung pwede..

eLy: ahh..mikee..!happy birthday!.(kulit ni ely dito)

dok: chka may iloveyou pa daw..

eLy: i lab yo!(hahaha)

...caller, kiefer(lister)

kiefer: nahihiya ako e..

dok: hulaan ko kung kanino mo gustong magtanong oh..

kiefer: kanino?!

dok: kay eLy noh..

kiefer: galing mo ah..pano mo nalaman?...(kay eLy)di ka ba naiilang pagtinatawag kng sir, maestro,master,bossing???

eLy: ahh.. ok lng naman. kesa naman tawagin akong bwiset.hoy! bwiset!

...caller

caller: kuya eLy!

eLy: oh, ano?

caller: may balak ka bang magdirect ulit ng video?

yani: direct sa other band?

eLy: amm..alam mo kasi..

dok: mahirap kasi pag ikaw ung ngdidirect tas ikaw din ung andun.

eLy: oo nga..tulad nung dianetic..

eLy: sa banda ko lang!(tanong kung magdidirect sa ibang bands)

caller: totoo din bang mas gwapo c yani kay yael?!

eLy: di totoo yon!=)

...caller,ako na!hahaha..akalain mong nakacontact pa ko..nagulat pa ko.haha

dj: hello..anong name mo?

pao: pao..pwedeng magrequest?

dj: (in english ah..)haha,tanong na lng, wala ng time.

pao: ahh. ok.

eLy: yun na nga ung tanong nya e, pwedeng mag request?(hahaha,)

dj: ano ba dapat ung irerequest mo?

pao: WITH A SMILE! (tahimik)

dok: di naman kami gumawa nun e!

pao: sorry naman!=)

dok: ayy,hindi,hindi!

eLy: southborder yune!=)

pao: mas maganda ung sayo!(hahaha)totoo naman!

...tahimik ulit.

yani: masyado mo kaming ino-on the spot ah..

pao: sorry nman!(may masabi lng!haha)

...yunlang!hi na alng kay eLy.tapos may sumunod na caller pao din pangalan..

dok: pao?pao din?!pao din ung kanina ah,ang galing naman!hahaha

ayun, tapos na..nagbabye na cla.

ang haba diba..haha..

• 2 weeks later...

OT: Tickets no limited stocks

I’ve Been Wanting to Take You There

AN EXCLUSIVE ACCOUNT OF A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE MOMENTARILY-REUNITED ERASERHEADS [PART 1 OF 2 PARTS]

by Aldus Santos

Flanked by huge freight crates on both ends of the street, the stretch that boxes Twenty-First and Railroad streets at the Port Area in Manila is a picture of wasteland. The structures are in varying degrees of collapse, and the grime and soot almost creep up like they were alive. Today, however, it becomes something of a gold-ridden El Dorado. Two pairs of tall steel poles are holding up unforgivingly opaque black cloths that would shield the proceedings of the day. The onlookers are unruffled, though. Everyone—from street vendors to child beggars to stray skaters—is trying to pull off his own little Peeping Tom. Even ant-tiny glimpses of the four stars being shot will get them through the day, it seems. Hustling and bustling are the order of the day: sweaty guys with clipboards, shapely girls with makeup kits, frenetic video crew people, busy band management people. “Walang malungkot!” the guy who is probably the video director is heard through the speakers. “Pick up the energy, people!”

The four guys who are at the dead center of the frenzy remain patient despite the ceaseless repetition. When the Eraserheads signed up to do another reunion show, they might have been expecting all of this anyway. Drummer Raymund Marasigan, clad in a brown leather jacket under the scorching Sunday afternoon sun, his eyes hidden behind a pair of shades—as with the rest of the band—agrees, “Mas less tense—alam na naman namin 'yung ine-expect namin sa isa't isa, so alam din namin 'yung i-e-expect namin sa fans, alam din namin 'yung i-e-expect namin sa press, so mas under control ngayon the second time around. Nu'ng una, parang, lahat kami uneasy at kinakabahan. At least, ngayon, may certain expectations na.” He takes off his jacket and throws it towards the curb, and he immediately runs to join the skater kids who have just begun to converge at the street corner. “Pare, 'wag mo kukunan, ha—sesemplang ako,” he gestures towards me and my photographer as he gets on his board. After about two to three trial runs, he consults with the kids, like how a humble newbie is wont to do. When his drumkit was vacated, guitarist Marcus Adoro sits down on the drummer's chair and tries a few rolls and passes. Adoro, it seems, is the kind of guy who is wont to try everything, twice. After drumming, he jumps up on his feet and picks up his own skateboard, joining Marasigan and the rest of the trasher pack. “Skateboard naman! Bawal mag-surf, eh; bawal daw ang contact sports, at bawal ang—ano ba 'yun?—extreme sports,” he shares with this author in code. Surfing, the man's other love apart from guitar-based rock 'n' roll, should be momentarily put on hold, it seems, for safety reasons. There is a huge show, after all, that needs to be played. The guitarist is also bent on exercising on the days leading to the big gig. “So, ganu'n pa din; magsisimula uli akong mag-jogging. 'Di pa kasi ako nakakabili ng brief, eh!” we laugh in unison. He then shares of the upcoming second show, “Nagbitaw agad si Raymund ng [salita] na kailangang ituloy ['yung gig], eh, pati si Ely. It's just a matter of paghahanap ng tamang tao ulit.”

http://www.pulse.ph/images/articles/marcus_adoro.jpg

Singer-guitarist Ely Buendia changes into a black t-shirt when the video shoot is called to break for lunch. He walks back to his trailer-tent, whose door is modestly felt-penned with an unsuspecting “E.” “It’s kind of refreshing,” he tells me as we both longingly survey other people's plates to see what's for lunch. “It wasn’t as crazy as the actual height of the E-heads. In comparison, talagang mellower siya. Pero, at least, now, we know how to handle that kind of stuff. Ako, personally, mas komportable na ‘ko sa papel ng E-heads sa popular culture,” he goes on, adding, “I can enjoy the playing now, much, much better than I did nu’ng active pa [‘yung banda].” Buddy Zabala walks in and says hi. “You guys should eat; ang sarap ng pagkain,” he says. Ely smiles his refusal. I walk towards the door marked as “B,” whose inhabitant just trudged away a few seconds ago. “That's what you do when you have unfinished business: as soon as you're ready, you get back on that horse, and then you go on with the set,” the bassist opens, gesturing once more to the food, and continuing, “It's not just a continuation—it's not the 'second half'—but it will put a period on that whole phrase. Ang haba na nu'ng phrase, eh; we were supposed to make a statement [in the form of] a concert, 'di ba? It was last year—August thirtieth—and, now, napakahabang ellipsis [na]! So, finally, we can put a period on things and move on.”

http://www.pulse.ph/images/articles/ely_buendia.jpg

In the thick of Zabala's metaphorizing of their ordeal using punctuation marks, this author's phone rings. Ely Buendia is on the other line, saying, “O, ano? Tara!” “Saan?” I ask. “Du'n sa mga gitara; 'di ba sasama ka?” the frontman reminds me of the pre-planned trip. “Oo!” Profuse apologies to Zabala, and then, bumping into Adoro as I step out of “B”'s tent, he says, “Turn ko na [sa shoot], eh. Ihanap niyo na lang ako ng mga weird na gitara!” “Okay, sige, pare,” I say. I step into Ely's van, and he starts staring at the wares being sold on the streets of the port. “Uy, bike, o!” he says excitedly. “Parang gusto ko ng bike,” he mumbles almost incomprehensibly to himself. He refocuses and tells me he's out to look for maybe a Fender Rhodes or a Gibson Les Paul (or reasonable copies thereof). A minor problem for the singer is walking these streets, though. His 'disguise' for the afternoon's trip to the second-hand guitar shops includes shades and a hat—and something tells me it's not going to be very effective. As soon as he steps off the vehicle, piercing shrieks of “Si Ely Buendia!” and “Eraserheads!” start to fill the midday air. Just a few moments ago before the short lunch trip, I asked him if it's accurate to say that, at some point, all four of them have been quite irritated about 'Headsmania. “That is the most accurate assessment I've ever heard!” he says kiddingly, appending, “The only feedback you'd get most of the time when you are, you know, in a successful place, is negative feedback, 'di ba? And, for a while there, I was lashing out at the fans din, kasi I had this impression [that] the fans we're, like, anti-Diane, anti-Pupil, anti-everything that I did after the E-heads.” He paused to reconsider and qualified, in a much more serene tone, “Pero, when the reunion happened, and when I saw different types of people [there] from all ages, all classes, na-realize ko rin na I was, like, narrowing the demographic. 'Yun talaga 'yun, eh. I mean, I had to react. For me, that was crazy. The height of the craziness is, I was separated from the band, and, at the same time, I was in the band—parang, nagkaroon ng identity crisis, eh.”

http://www.pulse.ph/images/articles/buddy_zabala.jpg

The trip would be abruptly cut short as the singer gets a phone call asking him back onset. We would pull into the location once again to the sight of Marasigan and Adoro leaping on and off their respective skateboards. “May sorpresa kaming hinanda [para] sa kanila. Sa tingin ko, magugustuhan nila. May mga gimmicks kaming gagawin. 'Gimmicks' ba tawag du'n? Basta, mga part ng show na pampa-kwela,” Adoro would mischievously impart, and he would add in jest, “Magbabasag kami ng ref, 'tsaka TV, 'tsaka camera—'yun ang bago, eh—magbabasag kami ng camera.” I sprint alongside Marasigan, recorder in hand, as he runs back to the set, asking him how he feels about being actively involved in the 'Heads again, despite having active musical pursuits. “All I have to do is show up and play. Hindi naman kami showbiz, eh. Masarap, mas pansinin ka, kasi 'Heads ka uli, pero kasama rin 'yun sa pag-sign-up mo as 'Heads. 'Pag Sandwich ako, 'di naman ako pinapakialaman ng tao sa mall, eh. Pero, 'pag 'Heads [ako], parang may lisensiya sila na [magtanong], 'Uy, kailan 'yung concert?' Kasali 'yun, 'di ba?” he half-asks, with a smile.

http://www.pulse.ph/images/articles/raymund_marasigan.jpg

Eraserheads Final Set

Discounted Concert Tixs for Sale

Mall of Asia Concert Ground, March 7, 2009

GOLD A Tickets for only

Php 2,750

( instead of 3,000)

and

VIP Ticket of

Php 4, 700.00

(instead of 5,000)

Hurry! Grab one now while supply last