The Music Of The 80s - Favorites, Classics And Rarities

hitman531ph

Hi guys..I hope someone here can help me. I'm looking for a song of which title and artist I don't have a clue. Which makes it doubly hard because there is no way you can hear me if I hum the tune. Anyway, the chorus goes like, "Don't you worry about the situation...nah nah nah nah nah nah nah...."..... "There's no place like home, there's no place like home." The rythm goes something like Psychedelic Furs' "The Ghost in You" with its accentuated organ instrumentation.

I've been searching for this song for the longest time, to no avail. Cheers!

poison. :thumbsupsmiley:

I felt this before Now I feel it again No matter how hard I try This feeling wont end

So I pretend youre here by my side Tonight on this lonely ride I keep telling myself that

Life goes on while youre miles away And I need you

Time goes on as night steals the day Theres nothing I can do

You heal up my wounds I tasted your tears You spilled out your heart

So I let out my fears But one fear that I kept to myself Was how I prayed that youd love no one else

Like youre saying you love me

If you only knew how much I miss you

When my mind plays these tricks on me

It shows me things I dont want to see

Thats why I tell myself

I keep telling myself

Just take another piece of me

Hi guys..I hope someone here can help me. I'm looking for a song of which title and artist I don't have a clue. Which makes it doubly hard because there is no way you can hear me if I hum the tune. Anyway, the chorus goes like, "Don't you worry about the situation...nah nah nah nah nah nah nah...."..... "There's no place like home, there's no place like home." The rythm goes something like Psychedelic Furs' "The Ghost in You" with its accentuated organ instrumentation.

I've been searching for this song for the longest time, to no avail. Cheers!

i think the tittle is "state of the nation - industry"

Don't you worry about the situation

(A message from the telephone)

They out there fighting for the state of the nation

(I'm waiting a chance to come home)

They always have to fight the alienation

(I realize I'm fighting alone)

tama ba paps?

i think the tittle is "state of the nation - industry"

Don't you worry about the situation

(A message from the telephone)

They out there fighting for the state of the nation

(I'm waiting a chance to come home)

They always have to fight the alienation

(I realize I'm fighting alone)

tama ba paps?

Dang! Thanks so much...that is the song alright. That's one off the list now. Thanks once again.

Where is Jill's? What kind of 80s music do they play?

its at the fort strip in fort boni. beside it is jack's, on the other side is huessein's. :) they usually play new wave, pop & some disco tunes :cool: btw, nice list you've got there hitman! :cool: dami pa pala ako kulang sa collection ko, hehe

Edited by chewie

In 1988, Kenny G scored his first pop hit which crossed over from the jazz charts. This song was culled from the album "Duotones."

Songbird - Kenny G

In 1981, Depeche Mode hits the UK charts for the first with this song from the album "Speak & Spell:"

Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode

In 1980, U2 released their first album and this was the very first single that came off the album "Boy."

I Will Follow - U2

In 1982, Huey Lewis & The News scored their very first Top 10 hit from the album "Picture This."

Do You Believe In Love - Huey Lewis & The News

In 1983, Wham! UK came up with their first album called "Fantastic." The album also chalked up the duo's first UK hit. On the next album in 1984, they dropped the UK from their name and went on to superstardom.

Bad Boys - Wham!

Edited by hitman531ph
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, am not sure of the title of this 80s dance tune. The opening line goes - "People stay, just a little bit longer". Medyo electronic din. Thanks if you can tell me the title (and the artist na rin).

I can name that tune...in 1 year! :))

Seriously, alam ko song na yan. Di gaano mabilis di ba? Research ko.