The Music Of The 80s - Favorites, Classics And Rarities

hitman531ph

Rick Astley's first album, Whenever You Need Somebody, came out in 1987. The album chalked up 3 US and UK Top 10 hits, Never Gonna Give You Up, Whenever You Need Somebody and Together Forever. Two other songs, It Would Take a Strong, Strong Man and Don't Say Goodbye, also made it to the airwaves.

In between albums, Rick Astley had a single, My Arms Keep Missing You, in 1988.

In 1989, Rick Astley came up with a second album which was not as successful as the first album and basically remained a dancefloor album. She Wants to Dance With Me did considerably well.

It was in 1991 when Rick Astley came up with his third album "Free" which saw Rick Astley hit the US and UK Top 10 once more with a song called Cry For Help. It was also the last time Rick Astley had a chart hit.

Song by Dream Academy..my favorite..one hit wonder nga lang

Life in a Northern Town

A Salvation Army band played

And the children drank lemonade

And the morning lasted all day,

All day

And through an open window came

Like Sinatra in a younger day,

Pushing the town away

Ah -

(Chant)

Ah hey ma ma ma

Life in a northern town.

They sat on the stoney ground

And he took a cigarette out

And everyone else came down

To listen.

He said "In winter 1963

It felt like the world would freeze

With John F. Kennedy

And the Beatles."

(Chant)

Ah hey ma ma ma

Life in a northern town.

Ah hey ma ma ma

All the work shut down.

The evening had turned to rain

Watch the water roll down the drain,

As we followed him down

To the station

And though he never would wave goodbye,

You could see it written in his eyes

As the train rolled out of sight

Bye-bye.

(Chant)

Ah hey ma ma ma

Life in a northern town.

Ah hey ma ma ma

Life in a northern town.

marami magaling na banda noong 70's 80's 90's sama na rin natin ang 60's

kaso 80's ang pinaguusapan, k.........noong 80's o bata pa ako i love to listen to new wave, punk and hardcore and indie, narinig ko sa radio station like rj , xb, power 105 at nu....actually sewerte ang pinas dahil talagang nag hit ang mga new wave band dito, pero hindi gaano sa states o sa ibang bansa. marami magagaling na new wave eh lalo na yun mga english band, i like care, wild swans, lotus eaters, pale fountain, railway children, close lobsters, mighty lemon drops, a flock of seagulls, farmers boys, frazer chorus, the chameloens uk, the smiths, echo and the bunnymen, the sound, the cure, frankie goes to hollywood, etc.....marami pang iba, sa punk rock naman i like sex pistols, the clash, joy division, the damned, the heartbreakers, th ramones, the stooges, etc....sa hardcore i like minor threat, dead keannedys, black flag etc........sa 80's na indie scene magaling din mga ito, remember the old sarah records band, c86, yung indie british scene, mga us indie scene din....sa totoo lang marami pa eh medyo tamad kasi ako mag type...pero sa totoo lang wala nang tatalo sa mga 60'70'80 sama na rin natin ang early 90's....sa music........

me too! god i love the 80's i grew up where the whole genre of punk is just new and bursting with gusto! and the mods have a comeback like quadrophenia! god! love those vespas!

i used to like having my hair dyed like Cindy lauper and shaved side of the hairdo..dreamed having a boyfriend with a minica...but i was only 11

This was just released in the States, and I managed to find a copy here.

post-101504-1158176375.jpg

"On one unforgettable night prior to the 1986 elections, Barbra Streisand welcomed 500 guests to her Malibu home for her first full-length concert in 20 years. Planned as a fundraiser for the Democratic candidates, the concert was subsequently broadcast on HBO to enormous acclaim."

"Since then, One Voice has raised more than $7 million in profits that have been channeled through the Streisand Foundation to charities committed to anti-nuclear activities, human rights, civil liberties, and the preservation of our environment."

"This 20th Anniversary DVD showcases Barbra Streisand performing many of her best-loved songs and sharing her timeless message of hope and inspiration in a uniquely intimate setting."

Track Listings:

* Robin Williams: Camp Barbra with various celebrities

* Barbra's Invitation

* Somewhere

* Evergreen

* Something's Coming

* People

* Send In The Clowns

* Over The Rainbow

* Guilty (with Barry Gibb)

* What Kind Of Fool (with Barry Gibb)

* Papa, Can You Hear Me?