Language Subjects

In the old days, we were required to take 12 units of Español. One of my biggest regrets from those days was that I never took those courses seriously. I saw them simply as requirements. My mistake.

me too. well, i could also blame my professors for they really suck in teaching spanish... not like in instituto cervantes... but for any one who right now has any language subjects take it seriously. learning a new language opnes a whole new world for you. and a whole "new" job options for the pragmatists... :D

madali ba dude? ok ba yung mga nabibiling mga dvd's a bookstore?

It is easier to learn in a classroom setting because you get to practice with the teacher and your classmates. A bunch of my friends also enrolled so we get to practice with each other. The thing is I barely have the time to read my notes everyday. So I still cram for the Saturday session. Anyway, the DVDs and audio books would help, but in my opinion, learning under professional guidance is better.

I am enrolled at the Confucius Institute in Ateneo. I think the same institute offers classes in Xavier, Rockwell and Salcedo Village.

• 2 weeks later...

didnt take any in college but am taking lessons in the Italian language now, didn't know it would be this hard everything has a gender in this language hahaha....but it's cool that its not just conversational but they also teach how to write and translate it. i would also like to learn nihonggo, french, german and mandarin.

as for accents i think God gifted me with that.... have a knack for it both with international languages and domestic dialects :P

Edited by tessa215
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i know mandarin (putonghua) studied chinese back from kinder to till 2nd year highschool didn't learn a thing. but then i worked in china for 2 years.

i was desperate to ask people things... so i learned out of nowhere. but usually i learn pieces of language.

if i try to learn all the badwords first. basically, as i see it, most language have a verb/noun, defining you (or his enemy). a simple effective concept on learning other language. from there you can start with modifying correct arrangement.

say for example pezzo de merda (piece of s@%t) we all know which attach to which, and basically you've learned 3 things already. now explore and experiment on things.

just a suggestion po.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...