Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

Another question. I am planning to buy an external dvd. What will be the advantage of mac superdrive from the regular external slim dvd-writer/players (e.g. philips)?

It is a bit pricey (almost P2k more) but the slim, slot loading Sony external worked very well for me until Ondoy killed it. I now use a slot loading Samsung which works just as well but not as presentable. Both are USB bus powered however.

Any recommended softwares to beef up my presentations? Thanks..

I used to be a Powerpoint user too. But now, I have a lot of MS Office users asking where I got my transitions. I use keynote and make sure I use transitions that Powerpoint does not have.

I know it is troublesome if you have to save a ppt version of your presentation to share with Windows users--if you want the distributed file to be as snazzy as your presentation file. I don't. I just give Windows users the complete frames without any transitions. That way, I am sure it will be displayable on their computer no matter what it is.

Or I distribute a pdf version.

If some one asks for a copy of the 'keynote' then I know he is a mac user so I give him the keynote file.

Edited by boomouse
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello. Do you know any software to connect a mac to a phone where you can text encoded in mac and send it thru phone? Or meron bang modem to use a sim for multiple / bulk sms sending? thanks...

There is a Dashboard widget called Bluetooth Texter but it is no longer in development and compatibility is quite random. You can also try the Lusciuous SMS client for OSX here: http://www.luscious-sms.net/. Fair warning – I haven't tested it so I make no claims as to its usability.

You can buy a GSM modem in one or two shops in Virra Mall and probably in the Gilmore area too. For bulk sending of SMS, have a look at Luscious. I have also seen a number os APIs that will allow you to automate SMS sending via an Applescript but that's a different story.

There is a Dashboard widget called Bluetooth Texter but it is no longer in development and compatibility is quite random. You can also try the Lusciuous SMS client for OSX here: http://www.luscious-sms.net/. Fair warning – I haven't tested it so I make no claims as to its usability.

You can buy a GSM modem in one or two shops in Virra Mall and probably in the Gilmore area too. For bulk sending of SMS, have a look at Luscious. I have also seen a number os APIs that will allow you to automate SMS sending via an Applescript but that's a different story.

OK sir. Thanks. I am curious on your "other story." Do I have to pay for it?

Boom any know how on unlocking iphone?my sis from NY visited us last christmas here and left me her iphone sa pangungulit ko. Kaya lng nawala sa loob ko na kelangan nga pala open line kasi lock sa at&t.

In Manila that is easy. In Barcelona… you'll have to look at any of several iphone unlocking services in the web. Google a few, make a shortlist, and send me the URLs of your selection. Lets evaluate them together. Sorry, this is as much as I can do for now. I am not much of a mobile phone user except for calls and SMS (hate the darn things). The only loss I did not regret from Typhoon Ondoy was that of my Windows Mobile HTC phone--a real piece of sh*t, that one.

I'm thinking of getting the new white unibody Macbook. While I'll be using it primarily under Snow Leopard, I'm planning on installing Windows 7 on it too for some games. How is it for gaming?

Gaming? About as good as a generic windows PC with an equivalent video card. I suggest you just buy that computer and not a Mac if you will be primarily using it for gaming.

Gaming? About as good as a generic windows PC with an equivalent video card. I suggest you just buy that computer and not a Mac if you will be primarily using it for gaming.

Actually I still have a desktop PC for gaming. I'm just curious about the gaming aspect of the white macbook since I'll be using it as my mobile PC when I'm not at home (for example, work, vacation, etc).

I do that all the time. Just go to preferences, sharing and check the internet sharing checkbox. On the pulldown menu, just select the port that the Tattoo is using (ZTE-something), then click the checkbox for airport. One thing I can say about the Mac: it's super easy to do these things...