Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

dapat kasi yung MAC OS dapat madali na install sa any pc!

example mo nalang ito!

same performance but its way cheaper!!

Psytar Desktop Mac!

same intel lang naman yan at videocards mas marami option sa upgrades!

Okay lang yan. If that's what turns you on. In fact, you can buy a $49 program from Psystar called Rebel EFI that will allow you to install mac OS on any Wintel machine--kuno. Haven't tried it yet.

I guess, there will be people who will want to go this route.

As for me, well, parang kotse lang yan eh. Kung nakagamit ka na ng Benz or BMW at kaya mo rin lang bumili, mahihirapan ka na gumamit ng Kia.

As for me, well, parang kotse lang yan eh. Kung nakagamit ka na ng Benz or BMW at kaya mo rin lang bumili, mahihirapan ka na gumamit ng Kia.

o well mayaman ka kasi sobra.. thats why you will never again use a KIA... ^_^

wala nanaman pinagkaiba ang mac hardware sa pc hardware e... sa OS nalang nagkakatalo yan.. ^_^

para mong sinabi na KIA lang ang Windows machine... haha.

yung sa psystar dinemanda sila ng APPLE for using ORIGINAL MAC OS sa machine nila! hahahaha.

atleast nga original diba?

Ohh and by the way i dont consider MAC as a BMW... ^_^ its just a matter of preference!

KIA's engine is different from BMW's Engine...

But apple's Processor is also PC processors! "INTEL inside" hehehehe!

same hardrives! same memories... ^_^

para mong sinabi na TRIKE lang ang LINUX... hahaha.

basta kung may MOOLAH ka mag mac ka! yun lang yun....

Edited by djrs
Okay lang yan. If that's what turns you on. In fact, you can buy a $49 program from Psystar called Rebel EFI that will allow you to install mac OS on any Wintel machine--kuno. Haven't tried it yet.

tried mac os on AMD machine, Intel machine.. and even Netbooks... ^_^

yes totoo yan yung usb lang saksak mo pede mo nagamitin mac os.. ^_^

o well mayaman ka kasi sobra.. thats why you will never again use a KIA... ^_^

wala nanaman pinagkaiba ang mac hardware sa pc hardware e... sa OS nalang nagkakatalo yan.. ^_^

para mong sinabi na KIA lang ang Windows machine... haha.

yung sa psystar dinemanda sila ng APPLE for using ORIGINAL MAC OS sa machine nila! hahahaha.

atleast nga original diba?

Ohh and by the way i dont consider MAC as a BMW... ^_^ its just a matter of preference!

KIA's engine is different from BMW's Engine...

But apple's Processor is also PC processors! "INTEL inside" hehehehe!

same hardrives! same memories... ^_^

para mong sinabi na TRIKE lang ang LINUX... hahaha.

basta kung may MOOLAH ka mag mac ka! yun lang yun....

You know, this is what every PC vendor would want everybody to believe that a PC is essentially the same as a Mac just because the specs are similar. No matter how many times you say this, you will find it hard to convince Mac users--especially Mac users who have had experience using a PC, that the build quality of a Dell or HP is the same as a Mac. Maybe a Sony or a Panasonic Toughbook. But those run-of-the-mill excuses for a bucket of bolts you sell in the malls? Puhhleeez! You know just as I do that one reason those things are so cheap is because they use remanufactured or remarked processors--processors that did not pass quality control on the first pass and had to be sent back to be 'fixed'. These are the same processors that Apple would have rejected.

It is not just a matter of preference. It is also a matter of aspiration. Those big CPUs with the ATX cases you sell? They have the same specs as a Mac right? But look how they are built and compare that to the cheapest Mac--the Mac Mini and your ATX case will look like a pig with lipstick. Sure a Mac Mini is probably twice the price of a similar spec PC but it is something I can sit beside my wide screen TV in the living room to stream my movies. You can't do that with a PC without making the whole place look ugly. I tell you, people only endure that because they have to or don't really care. You should preach to them.

I speak for myself when I say this but I suspect some people may silently agree with me, but human economic behavior dictates that one tends to buy the best they can afford. Four years ago, people like you were laughing at Mac users for buying a computer that made up only 2 percent of all computers sold. Last year the figure was at 8 per cent and this year, Gartner Group says that it is at 10 percent. Should the figure be higher than this? I would not want it to be. I think Apple should raise prices to maintain this figure. After all, they are already the most profitable tech company in the US.

Should Apple allow their OS to be used in trashy hardware like you want? I would not want this to happen. Why? This increases the number of Mac OS users, and this popularity makes hacking the OS more attractive to the virus makers. Of course, good surfing habits and best practices will keep the chance of a virus problem low but when the computer gets cheaper, then users tend to take their machines for granted more and let their guard down.

Call me elitist. I don't care. But we Mac users have considered ourselves a different kind of computer user for a long time. My first Mac was a Mac Plus and I have grown accustomed to being the among the minority in the population of computer users. You obviously have a different agenda because you aspire to make money out of a market where people who might not otherwise afford a Mac would now be able to get one through, you hope, a legitimized Hackintosh.

The way a Mac is built, it will never be considered similar to an ordinary PC. In the same way, you can never say that a BMW M3 with those beutifully hand-made individual throttle butterflies--all eight of them will be the technological equal of a Korean- or Japan-made engine just because they both burn gasoline.

@Boomouse,

Now I know! ^_^ your are Really A mac fanboy! wala ka alam sa internals ng MAc mo. Dont accused me on JUST selling a PC... why? Di mo mabibilang sa daliri ko sama mo pa daliri ko sa paa mga nabenta kong MBPRO, Macbook, Imac, Mac mini...

pero isa lang masasabi ko, hindi sila nalalayo sa QUALITY.. sa totoo lang? mas ok pa nga quiality ng LENOVO and asus.

san mo ba compare yung mac mo? sa 30k na HP? sa 30K na dell? its really unfair! hahaha.

ask for yourself who Manufacture MAC processor? who manufacture PC processor? its not APPLE!

diba nga IBM pa dati gamit nila and still bashing WINDOWS! kasi nga PC! kasi nga INTEL daw gamit ng PC! hahaha. ngayon ano na gamit nila? its INTEL PROCeSSOR! then may BOOTCAMP pa sila! why? majority ng nabentahan ko isa lang ang request!

"Pakilagyan ng WINDOWS XP!" and now APPLE is working on to BOOTCAMP WIndows 7! WOW! hehehehe.

Saka di ko kailangan ikaw convinced why? ITS JUST an OS! lahat yan even linux may mga advantages at disadvantages! pero preferrence nalang yan ng user....

at sasabihin mo na sa SONY? come on! SONY is not manufacturing their own LAPTOPS! hahahaha.

at masama ang quality ng laptop nila tapos sobrang mahal pa!

BMW(MAC) with exploding Battery? Overheating Videocards? Folder with question mark? Forever startup? WHITESCREEN hang? Cracking cases? LIMITED GAMES? (bootcamp nalang) hahahaha., failing time capsules? Busted LOGICBOARD? Overheating CPU? macmini display issues at marami pang ibang issues!

Handpicked PALA? kaya pala yung mga NVIDIA videocards na gamit ng Macbook pro dati ayun! sira as in ang dami nasira! yung GPU mismo nasira! MAC PRO sunog ang PSU, magsafe nasusunog! etc...

a 2 year OLD Ibook logic board sira... and it will cost 25k para ipagawa!

macbook LCD nasira ayung 20k for LCD replacement... apple center!

hardisk nasira 10K for replacement sa apple center!

now tell me ano pagkakaiba nyan sa hardware ng mac mo sa PC? hahahaha.

Mac Mini to Stream Videos? have you ever heard of windows/linux Powered MINI PC's? na upgrade ba yan macMINI na yan? like the proc? user replaceable?

"apple: sir just wait for the new Mac mini! may pera naman kayo e!" hahahahaha.

na shocked ako bro ha! may pa remanufactured/remark ka pang nalalaman ah!

ever heard of OVERCLOCKING!??? ang dami computer hobbyist nakikinabang sa murang processor hitting 3-4ghz or more on their cheap processors! kasi sabi mo nga CHEAP e! sabi mo nga TRASH e! hehehehe. pero sa iba its a gold! tapos sabihin mo remanufactured? remark? come on...

eto hanapin mo ha? "Hon Hai Precision Industry Co" they manufactured apple products, Xbox 360 mobo, playstations, dell, HP etc... pero alam ko ngayon intel na mismo sa board nila...

saka i am not laughing four years ago! why? long time ago i am wanting to have that apple laptop! at lagi ko sinasabi "WOW! yaman! naka apple!" so first laptop ko IBOOK! with IBM PPC! after 1 year! POOF! LOGIC Board sira! buti nalang ka close ko yung service center.... ayun siningil ako 15k for replacement... naka discount na yan. ^_^ hehehehehe.

now i have here macbook pro(ati video same nung sayo) and a macbook with bad cracks sa palmrest.. actually bibili sana ako apple 24" display last 3years ago pero i settle for dell 24inch why? mas maganda ang lcd na ginamit ng dell at mas buhay ang color at mas ok sa photoshop and video editing..

and soon to have macbook pro 13inch. hehehehe. sabi nga nila ang mac ko pang internet ko lang and pag gawa ng reports... ang windows ko pang gaming magdamag.

apple is the most profitable? yes i know... for selling iphones.... ipods.... itouch.... oh diba?

10% marketshare? thats it? ilang years na pala ang apple? hehehehe. i tell you! kung isama mo pa dyan yung gumagamit ng hackintosh baka di lang 10% yan! hehehehe. saka kung gagawin nilang katulad ng linux and windows na pede install sa any machine that number will shoot up! hehehehehe.

Now I know... ^_^

by the way di ako kasing yaman or sobrang yaman mo... isang simpleng negosyante lang ako na hindi nagsisinungaling sa client.. ^_^

Edited by djrs
@Boomouse,

Now I know! ^_^ your are Really A mac fanboy! wala ka alam sa internals ng MAc mo. Dont accused me on JUST selling a PC... why? Di mo mabibilang sa daliri ko sama mo pa daliri ko sa paa mga nabenta kong MBPRO, Macbook, Imac, Mac mini...

BMW(MAC) with exploding Battery? Overheating Videocards? Folder with question mark? Forever startup? WHITESCREEN hang? Cracking cases? LIMITED GAMES? (bootcamp nalang) hahahaha., failing time capsules? Busted LOGICBOARD? Overheating CPU? macmini display issues at marami pang ibang issues!

Handpicked PALA? kaya pala yung mga NVIDIA videocards na gamit ng Macbook pro dati ayun! sira as in ang dami nasira! yung GPU mismo nasira! MAC PRO sunog ang PSU, magsafe nasusunog! etc...

a 2 year OLD Ibook logic board sira... and it will cost 25k para ipagawa!

macbook LCD nasira ayung 20k for LCD replacement... apple center!

hardisk nasira 10K for replacement sa apple center!

now tell me ano pagkakaiba nyan sa hardware ng mac mo sa PC? hahahaha.

10% marketshare? thats it? ilang years na pala ang apple? hehehehe. i tell you! kung isama mo pa dyan yung gumagamit ng hackintosh baka di lang 10% yan! hehehehe. saka kung gagawin nilang katulad ng linux and windows na pede install sa any machine that number will shoot up! hehehehehe.

Now I know... ^_^

by the way di ako kasing yaman or sobrang yaman mo... isang simpleng negosyante lang ako na hindi nagsisinungaling sa client.. ^_^

1. Read the sub-line of this thread. It says MTC mac Users Group. This is not a Mac VENDORS Group. So I don't care if you sold all the Mac's in the far side of hell. I alsways approach the argument from a users perspective.
  2. For every problem you can cite that you encountered on a Mac which statistically would be substantial given the number of Macs you sold any one can cite an equal number (or more) of similarly troublesome problems on your PCs.
  3. As you already said, I have had display problems on my old MBP but Applecare took care of everything. Hard disk problems? Meron! Yun 7200rpm na Seagate humihinto sa bago kong 17-inch MBP pero isang kindat lang sa Apple Center pinalitan yun unit. I did not return home empty handed. Kailan ba naging mura ang mag-paayos ng Mac? Lahat ng Mac owners alam ito. Kaya ang mga Mac owners na bumili ng AppleCare, isang beses lang masira ang unit nila sulit na sila.
  4. I don't want the number of Macs to shoot up. Maraming problemang kasama yun. Okay na sa akin ang ganito.
  5. At kailan ba ako nakipag-contest sa iyo ng yaman? Eh sa gusto ko bumili ng magandang bagay. At hindi ko naman ninakaw ang ginagastos ko. Bakit ang tono mo parang pinalalabas mo eh masama yun?
  6. Tama lang na hindi ka magsinungaling sa client mo. Tinatanggap mo pera nila eh. At lahat ng problema na na encounter mo sa kahit na anong produkto dapat sabihin mo. Ako, wala akong ganoon na constraint. Wala akong client. Hindi ako tumatanggap ng bayad. Mag back-read ka at tinggnan mo kung ilan and sinasagot na legitimate questions ng mga Mac user dito. meron naman ilan na nagpapasalamat eh. Okay na yon. aba eh, kung gusto me eh di ikaw ang sumagot sa mga nagtatanong. The more the merrier. Pero pagnilagay mo yun name ng tindahan mo eh baka singilin ka ni Bizman. At dapat lang.
  7. Mac Fanboy ba ako? Siguro nga. Importante ba yon?

Edited by boomouse
Read the sub-line of this thread. It says MTC mac Users Group. This is not a Mac VENDORS Group. So I don't care if you sold all the Mac's in the far side of hell. I alsways approach the argument from a users perspective.

-Yes its a mac user group but you bash the WINDOWS user.... and i am not selling here... di ko nga sinagot kung saan or ano pangalan ng store ko.. far side of the hell? users persfective? e kung mag comment or mag reply ka nga perfect masyado sayo ang mac e... hehehehe.

For every problem you can cite that you encountered on a Mac which statistically would be substantial given the number of Macs you sold any one can cite an equal number (or more) of similarly troublesome problems on your PCs.

-ikaw narin nagsabi diba? this is a mac thread... ang point ko lang dito na wag mo pasinungalingan na mas matibay si mac kesa sa pc... sa totoo lang misleading mga post mo like yung mga rebadge or mga sablay na processor ang ginagamit ng mga PC.

As you already said, I have had display problems on my old MBP but Applecare took care of everything. Hard disk problems? Meron! Yun 7200rpm na Seagate humihinto sa bago kong 17-inch MBP pero isang kindat lang sa Apple Center pinalitan yun unit. I did not return home empty handed. Kailan ba naging mura ang mag-paayos ng Mac? Lahat ng Mac owners alam ito. Kaya ang mga Mac owners na bumili ng AppleCare, isang beses lang masira ang unit nila sulit na sila.

-yes kung may stock sila walang problem... pero kung wala wait ka for 3-7 working days or kung wala talaga 1 month... same lang yan ng ibang brand like dell, acer, asus.... ganun din sistema nila...

sasabihin mo na lahat ng MAC OWNERS alam nila ito? come one.. MARAMING mac owners na nasho-shock pag out of warranty yung unit nila na napakamahal magpagawa pala.. even those filthy rich client of mine... natutulungan ko nalang sila para makatipid or para hindi ma dissapoint.. apple care is so expensive kaya dapat lang na you get what you paid for...

I don't want the number of Macs to shoot up. Maraming problemang kasama yun. Okay na sa akin ang ganito.

-it will shoot up... kaya nga may mga security software na sa mac e... tignan mo nangyari sa iphone maraming bumili ayun... Jailbreak kagad.... di nanatin pwede sabihin sa ibang ta na walang virus or hindi nava-virus ang mac os.... meron narin kasi at worst hackable din...

At kailan ba ako nakipag-contest sa iyo ng yaman? Eh sa gusto ko bumili ng magandang bagay. At hindi ko naman ninakaw ang ginagastos ko. Bakit ang tono mo parang pinalalabas mo eh masama yun?

-hahahahaha. check mo nga mga post mo... di rin ako nakikipag contest sayo ng yaman you started it naman diba? saka sinabi ko nga kung may moolah ka its your choice... di pipigilan.. at wala akong tonong masama dun...

Tama lang na hindi ka magsinungaling sa client mo. Tinatanggap mo pera nila eh. At lahat ng problema na na encounter mo sa kahit na anong produkto dapat sabihin mo. Ako, wala akong ganoon na constraint. Wala akong client. Hindi ako tumatanggap ng bayad. Mag back-read ka at tinggnan mo kung ilan and sinasagot na legitimate questions ng mga Mac user dito. meron naman ilan na nagpapasalamat eh. Okay na yon. aba eh, kung gusto me eh di ikaw ang sumagot sa mga nagtatanong. The more the merrier. Pero pagnilagay mo yun name ng tindahan mo eh baka singilin ka ni Bizman. At dapat lang.

-i know the rules... dont worry... and i will never sell on this thread.... kaya nga di kita sinagot e... saka kaya nga tinawag na mac thread to diba? to help mac user not to bash PC users....

Mac Fanboy ba ako? Siguro nga. Importante ba yon?

-naku sa dami kong nabasang forum regarding sa mac ganyan kasi mag post yung mga mac user e...

the best talaga yung KIA at BMW comparison:

KIA=PC/Trash!

BMW=Mac!

haha.

peace on earth... ^_^

comparing OS to cars is a flawed analogy

better compare your current hardware specifications to a car then the OS that you uses to the fuel that you put into the car

a C2D processor may be compared to a regular sedan, a C2Q to a luxury sedan then an I7 to a sportscar

you have different cars (different hardware speficitions) you have also different options for fuels (OS)

OSX (a high octane premium gasoline, with a rating of 95 to 102)

Windows7 (a high octane premium gasoline, probably with a lower rating of 98-100)

XP (your regular unleaded gasoline)

where does linux fits here?

we can consider linux as our flexi-fuel

it doesn't matter what car we have, even if it is a kia pride (pre 1Ghz pc) it will run

:thumbsupsmiley:

quick question:

bakit mas murang bumili ng apple products sa HK kaysa sa pilipinas?

i noticed that apple products in HK approximately close to US suggested retail prices... :(

TAX, TAX and a lot of Tax! and also our poor government na hindi nila kayang gawin pababain yang mga yan...

One thing I hate about OSX is the way it replaces files/folders when an existing folder already exist. In Windows OS when this is done, the original content of the target folder would be preserved and new files would be appended to that folder. In OSX, the darn thing erases the whole folder (along with the contents) and replaces it. It takes an extra step or more to merge the contents of two similarly named folder into one (depends on how 'deep' the folder's location is).

anyone here who bought an anti-glare MBP?

just would like to know their aesthetic differences? may binabanggit kasing silver border eh... how does it look like? :)

Visually, it looks like the old, pre-unibody MBP. But the feel is different. Oh and the backlit keys are now black instead of silver.

I also had a glossy screen MBP and while the glare is obvious when you get light at the wrong angle, there is not much difference functionally as the screen colors wash out in the matte screened version with the same light angle--with less glare. This feels like you substitute one quirk for another.

I sort of like the silver screen bezel though especially when used beside the older MBP. It makes the older unit look less dated.

Hacker: Windows More Secure Than Mac OS X

8:21 PM - September 21, 2009 by Marcus Yam

Hackers just like the PC more.

Regardless of which side you're on (though as a true computing enthusiast, you shouldn't be taking sides), you've heard the arguments back and forth on the which operating system is truly safer – Mac OS X or Windows.

It is of the opinion of Charlie Miller, a well known Mac security guru, that even Snow Leopard, the latest version of Mac OS X, isn't as safe as Windows.

One key point is that Snow Leopard still doesn't have ASLR, or address space layout randomization, which randomly arranges the position of key data making it harder for hackers to target for exploits.

Miller said to TechWorld that Apple didn't change the ASLR from 10.5 to 10.6: "Apple didn't change anything. It's the exact same ASLR as in Leopard, which means it's not very good."

Apple didn’t completely missed the chance to tighten up security in Snow Leopard though, as the new QuickTime solves a lot of the issues that Mac OS X had before.

"Apple rewrote a bunch of QuickTime," said Miller, "which was really smart, since it's been the source of lots of bugs in the past."

One thing that Snow Leopard did adapt, which Windows has had since XP SP2, is DEP (data execution prevention). With DEP, buffer overflow attacks are much harder to execute.

Despite Miller's opinion that Windows is the more secure OS, the large install based of Microsoft-based systems make them a much more attractive target for hackers. Still, Miller would like to see security on all platforms.

"Snow Leopard's more secure than Leopard, but it's not as secure as Vista or Windows 7," he said. "When Apple has both [in place], that's when I'll stop complaining about Apple's security."

Hacker: Windows More Secure Than Mac OS X

8:21 PM - September 21, 2009 by Marcus Yam

Hackers just like the PC more.

…Despite Miller's opinion that Windows is the more secure OS, the large install based of Microsoft-based systems make them a much more attractive target for hackers. Still, Miller would like to see security on all platforms.

"Snow Leopard's more secure than Leopard, but it's not as secure as Vista or Windows 7," he said. "When Apple has both [in place], that's when I'll stop complaining about Apple's security."

This is exactly my point when I express the desire to see Macs priced high. To keep the riff-raff from being attracted to attack the OS.

As an aside, since you have taken every opportunity to show why Apple hardware is crap:

I managed to retrieve two of three mac Minis I use as cascaded Xgrid servers from what remained of my flooded house in Quezon City. Thankfully, the data rack they were on managed filter off most of the mud but the things were soaked in water for at least a day.

I shook off the water and had the units sit upside down (these things vent downwards) on top a rack above my ref and I kept them like this for two weeks just to make sure they dry off. To those of you who don't know, hanging socks or underwear behind a ref ensures you have something dry to wear the next day.

After two weeks, I connected the power bricks (changed the square plugs because the fuses in them were still wet), keyboard, mouse and monitor and they boot!!! I insert a DVD and a movie plays!!!

I know that for every story like this, there is an equivalent story on the PC side but thats not the point. An iMac, an xServe, another Mac Mini, and almost 8 TB of external storage did not survive (well, we're still trying to revive the Drobo).

Apple's new model bugaboo strikes again!!!

Like almost all new models from Apple that gets hit by an early hardware glitch, the new iMacs gave up theirs early.

Users in several Apple fora have complained that the Flash Player that bogs down CPU processes, resulting in choppy audio and video playback. Justin Yu of CNET (http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10387590-1.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5) confirmed this. His take:

"We visited several sites with heavy streaming video content like Hulu, YouTube, and the Break Media Network, and experienced similar issues: popping sounds and jerky video rendering the content unwatchable on several accounts. Like many of the users in the Apple thread, we called up the Activity Monitor and saw that the Flash Player demanded a surprising 114.4 percent of the iMac's CPU processes. We were able to temporarily fix the problem by putting the computer to sleep and waking it up, but some people are speculating that a hardware malfunction could be to blame. We've also tried to contact Apple for official word, but our messages have been as yet unreturned."

What does this mean? They work better when old?

Edited by boomouse

hello guys!

i might finally give in to having a windows virtualization app for some work-related needs... however, i'm caught between getting parallels 4 and fusion 3... i've checked a few benchmark references and both have their pros and cons...

anyone here using any of these apps? which would you suggest for a 15-inch 2.66ghz MBP runing snow leopard? :)

thanks! :)

Writing this at almost 4 AM...

May I butt in?

First off, let me just say that I am a proud user of a very old and very beaten-up iBook G4.

AND I LOVE IT TO BITS!

I was a Windows user before, umabot ako hanggang XP.

And then, na-uto ako ng friend ko to get this unit.

What first aw2ed me with it was NOT the computer itself.

It was the power plug

THE PLUG!

Yung sinasaksak sa electrical outlet.

Sa Windows laptops. there's the generic power pack, almost similar looking for all brands.

And then there's the one for the Mac.

It's small. It's square. It has hinges to wrap the cord around, making it more compact. Its plugs (yung sinasaksak sa outlet mismo) is removable, tapos meron pang extension cord! So technically you can make your power outlet reach as far (or near) as you want!

Yung plugs ngayon, magnetic na lang yung tips, para pag nahila yung cord, matatanggal lang yung dulo, di tangay yung buong laptop.

Then I started using the computer (and program) itself. I found that some of the things that took several steps to do in Windows just took one in Mac. Like removing programs. Even looking for files (thanks, spotlight!).

Things are just easier...

(At this point , baka hindi na applicable yung computer ko sa discussion na ito, kasi Power PC pa siya, di pa intel)

Yes, the parts maybe the same as those of the usual PC, but Apple products are just made...differently...better...

Pinag-isipan siya, with the customer in mind.

Yes, medyo snooty ang Mac user. That's because when we bought our Macs, we knew a company took the time to really know a computer user, and built computers that really made computing easier.

Hindi lang yung parang gawang LEGO... owning a Mac isn't about owning a mere functional computer...it's about treating one's self to something special...because a company called Apple took the time to make something special...and thus giving us special treatment (malinaw ba yun?)

Boomouse...you don't like the idea of Apple sales increasing. But despite its higher price point, more people are buying Mac products, primarily because more and more people are seeing it as a wise investment! Can you blame them? Because it is!

Thus security must be improved.

However, there are security programs for the Mac, made by your usual reputable companies.

That's my take on this. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Writing this at almost 4 AM...

May I butt in?

First off, let me just say that I am a proud user of a very old and very beaten-up iBook G4.

AND I LOVE IT TO BITS!

I was a Windows user before, umabot ako hanggang XP.

And then, na-uto ako ng friend ko to get this unit.

What first aw2ed me with it was NOT the computer itself.

It was the power plug

THE PLUG!

Yung sinasaksak sa electrical outlet.

Sa Windows laptops. there's the generic power pack, almost similar looking for all brands.

And then there's the one for the Mac.

It's small. It's square. It has hinges to wrap the cord around, making it more compact. Its plugs (yung sinasaksak sa outlet mismo) is removable, tapos meron pang extension cord! So technically you can make your power outlet reach as far (or near) as you want!

Yung plugs ngayon, magnetic na lang yung tips, para pag nahila yung cord, matatanggal lang yung dulo, di tangay yung buong laptop.

Then I started using the computer (and program) itself. I found that some of the things that took several steps to do in Windows just took one in Mac. Like removing programs. Even looking for files (thanks, spotlight!).

Things are just easier...

(At this point , baka hindi na applicable yung computer ko sa discussion na ito, kasi Power PC pa siya, di pa intel)

Yes, the parts maybe the same as those of the usual PC, but Apple products are just made...differently...better...

Pinag-isipan siya, with the customer in mind.

Yes, medyo snooty ang Mac user. That's because when we bought our Macs, we knew a company took the time to really know a computer user, and built computers that really made computing easier.

Hindi lang yung parang gawang LEGO... owning a Mac isn't about owning a mere functional computer...it's about treating one's self to something special...because a company called Apple took the time to make something special...and thus giving us special treatment (malinaw ba yun?)

Boomouse...you don't like the idea of Apple sales increasing. But despite its higher price point, more people are buying Mac products, primarily because more and more people are seeing it as a wise investment! Can you blame them? Because it is!

Thus security must be improved.

However, there are security programs for the Mac, made by your usual reputable companies.

That's my take on this. Sorry, couldn't resist.

And you should not resist. That's the thinking behind being in a forum where your ligin name gives you a semblance of anonymity. Well said.

If security is raised to a higher level in the OS, I'll take that too. But I would hate to be made to go through the agony of something like Vista's UAC just because the thing got so popular, every hacker and his dog has acquired the hots for breaking it.