Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

I've recently been watching that first Macintosh commercial again and I've come to the realization that times have indeed changed. In that commercial, the IBM/PC users were being referred to as "zombies", bearing the same work clothes, doing the same things, being monitored by "big brother". Apple being touted as the "rebel", sporting a much different look from the rest of the computing world.

Well look at us now: Apple computers all look the same, iPhones look the same, the app store is being monitored by Apple, with the PC market being the more diverse one.

What a difference 26 years have made!

I love Mac products in general, but I've learned to wait for the third generation of any of their gadgets before I make my purchases. The third iterations are usually the best version of that current product, after which they'll make a quantum leap in tech specs which more often than not become really buggy. Tignan mo yung Macbook aluminum bago siya maging Macbook Pro, or the iPhone 4. :P

CNET has reported indications of something new in a future iteration of OSX and based on the hiring advert they base it on, they think it sounds like something major.

Checl ot out here: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20012161-263.html?tag=nl.e795

if you can't be bothered, here's they text:

The OS X 10.7 buzz starts--something big in the next release?

The most recent announcements from Apple have been rather lacking in news and information about the next version of OS X. Currently OS X 10.6 is in the middle of its life cycle, and while there have been updates to the operating system, Apple's big announcements and information have revolved around new hardware and iOS updates. It seems, however, that the focus may soon start shifting toward OS 10.7.

The various rumor sites have uncovered a job listing at Apple that suggests something big will be coming to OS X. The listing states:

Are you looking to help create something totally new? Something that has never been done before and will truly amaze everyone? Are you excited by the prospect that what you helped create would be used every day by millions of Apple customers? Then come and work with the Mac OS X software engineering team to help build a new and revolutionary feature for Mac OS X.

We are looking for a senior software engineer to help us create a revolutionary new feature in the very foundations of Mac OS X. We have something truly revolutionary and really exciting in progress and it is going to require your most creative and focused efforts ever.

The announcement goes on to further describe an ideal candidate having familiarity with HTTP protocols and other Web and Internet-based programming experience, suggesting the next version of OS X will be more integrated in the Web and networking.

This, of course, is exceptionally intriguing. I've been under the impression Apple has finally reached a refined codebase with OS X in Snow Leopard, and is now ready to branch out and do some wild and crazy stuff with the OS. With Snow Leopard, Apple replaced all the parts but kept everything basically the same as Leopard in OS X, and it's been nearly three years since the Mac has seen a significant new feature. Lets hope this and maybe other jobs like it at Apple will bring about new and fun features for Mac users to tinker with.

Albeit very broad and nonspecific, this announcement is one of the first real 10.7-related bits of information out there. One possibility is it may be part of a PR campaign by Apple to boost interest in the Mac, but if so, it's working on my end. We will wait and see

Do you have any features you would like to see come to OS X? If so, post them in the comments. One thing I am very curious about is what animal they will use to describe the next OS--they're all out of big cats.

I've been waiting for the MacWorld review of the 17" before buying, so it's great they finally posted it. However, it provides no new info. I honestly don't know why MW even bought this machine - it is the same as the previously reviewed 15", but with the 17" screen. Thankfully, they will be posting scores with build to order options (in a few weeks??). Hopefully that will include the faster hard drive and the solid state drives. I'd specifically like to see the i7 with the 256Gb SSD - this config makes sense to me.

If you ask me, MW should have reviewed 4 machines: the base 13", the i5 and i7 15", and a full blown 17". The way they have reviewed these round of laptops and the comparisons in the benchmark testing is not as helpful or timely as usual.

• 3 weeks later...

guys naguupgrade ako sa mac osx leopard 10.5.8 from 10.5.2 kaya lang naghahang sya hindi tumutuloy sa installation. possible ba may problem sa hardware ng laptop ko pag ganun? anu kaya possible cause kapag hindi tumutuloy sa installation? hindi kasi ako makainstall ng safari 5 eh hindi ko din magamit itunes store pag hindi 10.5.8. help pls....

You may need to upgrade your firmware. This is common for Macbook post unibody era

ang ganda nung macbook pro na 15 inch at 17 inch any reviews kung ok ba talaga

YUP!!! If you have the funds to buy 1, BUY IT!!! I'm extremely happy with my 15 inch i7 4gb ram. After 3 years, i'll max my ram to 8gb.

Awesome product, you won't be disappointed.

---from a first time mac book pro owner

• Like (+1) 1

ok thanks lage ko kasi talagang tinitignan pag nasa powermac center ko nakakapag laway hehe

YUP!!! If you have the funds to buy 1, BUY IT!!! I'm extremely happy with my 15 inch i7 4gb ram. After 3 years, i'll max my ram to 8gb.

fly to jakarta indonesia. you can purchase computers there at a cheap price and tax free.

Macs are cheapest in HK than anywhere else I know. It is slightly below US website prices and tax free. There is a really nice store (newly expanded) on the third floor of Star House just off the star ferry terminal.

I know someone who took an early mornng flight to HK, bought 5 macs and several i pods, came back in the afternoon, sold his goods and had a macbook left after all expenses including airfare were paid.

Edited by ganid

ok thanks lage ko kasi talagang tinitignan pag nasa powermac center ko nakakapag laway hehe

Agree ako sa iyo. MAtagal na akong naglalaway sa Mac. Ngayon lang ako nakabili. Mahal din kasi pero sulit talaga. Mas madali gamitin ang OS X Snow Leopard. Ipon na para you can join the Apple Club.

mejo lag talaga bro kung 6,1 version mbp or macbook mo. Basta nvidia 9400m video card. Last time I checked naayos na nila yun issue dun nun nag update ng video card driver mac I think 2weeks ago pa. Haven't tried playing SC2 on Mac since. Ok naman sa window 7 so dun ako naglalaro. Make sure lang download mo yun correct video card driver mo sa Nvidia website para mas updated driver mo bro.

I like mine somewhat, it's not as powerful as I had expected and not as a great an experience as my C2D 2.5 MBP.

Like you, I will be upgrading my memory to 8 gb in a couple of years, the machine can definitely use it!

noob question gt330m videocard ko puwede na ba yun pang starcraft2,naalala ko nga nag update ko os 3 weeks ko for the graphics card daw nung show details ko

mejo lag talaga bro kung 6,1 version mbp or macbook mo. Basta nvidia 9400m video card. Last time I checked naayos na nila yun issue dun nun nag update ng video card driver mac I think 2weeks ago pa. Haven't tried playing SC2 on Mac since. Ok naman sa window 7 so dun ako naglalaro. Make sure lang download mo yun correct video card driver mo sa Nvidia website para mas updated driver mo bro.