All about Sony Ericsson Phones

Glad to be of help ;) Pero di ko talaga alam kung bakit di mo nakikita yung dialled & missed calls mo :blink:

Thanks also for looking up the price of the M2 for me ;)

Hi shiela,

report on the M2 prices at 168...

my cousin checked about 8 stores selling cell phones and accessories (including memory cards), only 3 are carrying M2. masyado pa daw bago so most of them are not yet selling it. the prices for the 512Mb from those 3 shops are P2000, P2200, P2400. in the store that sells the 512Mb at P2000, they are also selling the 1Gb daw at P3000!

a friend of mine will be going to japan within this week for about 2 weeks. i will ask him to check the prices there, which i think are less expensive (especially that the peso is getting stronger versus yen). i need to buy 1 for myself anyway. i will inform you pag ok yung prices dun.

regarding my problem on the "not recorded missed calls and answered calls"....

i think i was able to get to the bottom of the problem (root cause), so this could be a part of our knowledge base/lessons learned list here.

yesterday, i tried experimenting by changing sim cards to isolate the problem and to know if it's really a problem of the new phone (K800i)...it turned out, IT IS NOT! my sim card was full! when i changed my phone, i transfered my important messages and "SAVED" them. apparently, when you "SAVE" a message, it is stored in the sim card, not in the phone's memory. that left no room to record the "missed and answered calls". calls history are also being saved in the sim card, not in the phone's memory. when i deleted several "SAVED" messages from my sim card, and tried again my phone, hayun na-record na lahat - answered, dialed, missed!!!! ang saya ano? hehehe

i hope all of us can keep this kind of sharing of information...let is this build this knowledge based of tips, techniques, lessons learned, etc.

regards to all.

Edited by ironshots
haven't updated yet my firmware...does one have to ba?

week three and no problems encountered...except that its sometimes a bit slow when toggling the menus (like 2 seconds slower...:P) but okey lang, my brain is also that slow...

:thumbsupsmiley:

that is why you have to update your firmware.. :)

during my last update i noticed the following:

1. faster saving of pictures (very noticeable)

2. faster scrolling of menus

3. better battery management

firmware update is like giving your investment (the phone doesnt come cheap, so i prefer to call it an investement; maybe it is a toy for the rich boys :P) a tune up!

that is why you have to update your firmware.. :)

during my last update i noticed the following:

1. faster saving of pictures (very noticeable)

2. faster scrolling of menus

3. better battery management

firmware update is like giving your investment (the phone doesnt come cheap, so i prefer to call it an investement; maybe it is a toy for the rich boys :P) a tune up!

looks like i still have the latest firmware installed so no need to update...did it through the phone...:D

no doubt about this watch...it definitely is a KEEPER!

yes you can drag and drop, no need to convert.. why do you need to convert? :unsure:

hot darn! it won't accept mp3 files...that i dunno why?

tried dragging and dropping via file manager, midway through the process

it stops and says it can't continue...those that are in the phone btw are aac files

which came bundled with the phone...so my earlier question of conversion?

the manual says nothing about doing so...the on-line help is a mess...so might as

well kick my shoes and play with the phone until i figure it out...

thanks bubuy for the assist! :thumbsupsmiley:

it stops and says it can't continue...those that are in the phone btw are aac files

the manual says nothing about doing so...the on-line help is a mess...so might as

well kick my shoes and play with the phone until i figure it out...

you can use the "Sony Disc2Phone" program in the Sony Ericsson PC Suite (installation CD is bundled with the phone when you buy it). in fact, by using this program, you can even directly copy music from audio CDs to your K800i (the program will do the converting from the analog format (from the CDs) to mp3 formats to your phone).

just make sure you have enough space in your phone/memory card.

i hope this helps.

oh ok. you must drag and drop it into the appropriate folder.

music formats (mp3, mid, wav, aac, amr) into the Music folder

picture formats (jpg, jpeg, gif, bmp) into the Pictures folder

etc etc etc

also, when you connect the phone into the supplied USB cable, the phone will show 3 options.. always choose File Transfer.. B)

or try ironshots' suggestion too. :thumbsupsmiley:

There is a new firmware for the SE K800i. R1GB001

R1GB001

- Released in SE Service Centres around 15/12/06

- Released on Wotan on 30/12/06

- Released on SEUS 3/1/07 (Some regions only). Note EROM CID changed to 51 through SEUS.

Improvements

- Updated Video folder - video thumbnails now play when they are hovered over.

- Highlighted menu item animation is now supported.

Bug fixes

- Thick black line flashes on screen at the start and end of video playback when playing video in Vertical mode through the File Manager now fixed.

- Selecting More / Information on the Applications and Games folders no longer returns 0KB used and 0 files.

New Bugs

User Interface

- Video preview can crash the phone if the video is encoded as high quality MP4. Note that video preview cannot be turned off, although you can view the folder as a list to avoid the issue.

- Video preview can introduce a lag if the video is encoded in excessively high quality.

Intermittant / Non-working functionality

- Games and applications installed on memory stick from before the update will not work after the upgrade. Note that games and applications installed into phone memory will still function correctly.

Software versions:

EROM: R2A016 / R3A016

LCD: 200610121

Camera: 2.5

Videocall camera: 2.3

Content: PA24

Java: 7.2

Text: BJ

Please note of the last part of the FW Overview. If you have any games or apps installed on the memory stick, it will NOT work after the update. (I found out the hard way. My Gmail, Windows Live Messenger and Opera Mini apps doesnt work now, I have to reinstall. :D) Anyway, I suggest to try to move those apps to the phone memory first before doing the upgrade.

hi guys,

question po...

before, i use a digicam (video mode) to capture/record my golf swing, then analyze it using my swing analyzer software. during the weekend, while playing, i recorded my swing using my k800i....actually the shots were great, played them a few times and the quality was really good. but when i got home and tried to read the files using my swing analyzer software, i found out that the format is not supported by the software.

the format of the video taken using the k800i is 3gp, while my swing analyzer software can only read avi or wmv files. is there a way to convert the 3GP file format into AVI?

thanks and regards.

I tried to update mine, ayaw lumabas ng screen after pressing the C button. :blink:

Tapos I tried to update through OTA sabi i'm still using the most updated software :huh:

I still have the R1ED001 :(

i also have the same firmware. tried to update through phone itself. same results. maybe its the latest version for china market phones

I just finished updating mine!!! :)

Atong, use the Update Software instead :cool:

yes, it may be kinda slow but it does the job...i did it that way...

question: is there any way to go around the user account-password prompts when accessing the internet, which you can go around by simply pressing OK...the same is true with sending emails...it just gets too taxing pressing OK everytime you do access these applications...

:rolleyes: thanks for the head's-up!

too late...found out that the damn software is still the same as before...thought i had it updated...bummer

now whenever i try to search for update using the phone, i get this message:

"Device mgmt. SonyEriccson Communication interrupted." (like everytime i search for updates, i get this...)

why is this so?

it might be the data account you're using. don't know about globe, but if you're on smart, create a new data account called "internet', then in the settings, just enter "internet" as the APN and save the account.

next, create an "internet" profile that uses the data account you just created, and select it as the default profile beore running Software Update.

the difference with an internet APN is that it goes directly to the web, as opposed to using the standard SmartGPRS setting which goes thru the WAP gateways first and often interferes with the Update process.

What's the software version you have now?

And a clarification: is it R1GB001 or R1CB001? Mine is the latter kasi eh... :headsetsmiley:

Thanks in advance! :cool:

baka R1JC002 ang ibig mo sabihin? :) R1CB001 kasi was the very first Firmware of the K800i when it was released eh.

K800i Firmware History:

R1CB001

R1CC002

R1ED001

R1EG001

R1EJ001

R1GB001

R1JC002

this new firmware is just a very minor update to the last FW update (see my last post regarding the last Firmware Overview).. it is so new, it is not yet released on SEUS.. :lol:

R1JC002

- Released on Wotan on 29/1/07

Improvements

- Updated Java engine

Bug fixes

- Video preview no longer crashes the phone

Software versions:

EROM: R3A016

LCD: 200610121

Camera: 2.5

Videocall camera: 2.3

Content: PA29

Java: 7.3

Text: BT

it might be the data account you're using. don't know about globe, but if you're on smart, create a new data account called "internet', then in the settings, just enter "internet" as the APN and save the account.

next, create an "internet" profile that uses the data account you just created, and select it as the default profile beore running Software Update.

the difference with an internet APN is that it goes directly to the web, as opposed to using the standard SmartGPRS setting which goes thru the WAP gateways first and often interferes with the Update process.

thanks for the head's-up there, topak! :thumbsupsmiley:

so how's it gonna be for globe subscribers? anyone? anyone? bueller?