Digital Cameras

hey guys, i have a casio exilim of 2 years now..several months ago it started to have a some sort of lines on the pictures..basta pangit na sya... :thumbsdownsmiley: im planning to let it fix muna before buying a new one.. may alam ba kayong service center ng casio? tnx

and for those who are planning to buy a digicam.. i dont recomend exilim..at first maganda pero madali sya masira...i regret buying... i should have bought a cybershot na lng by sony... ^_^

a friend also bought a casio.. sira na rin.. tried to have it repaired, but its too expensive.. mas worth it nang bumili ng bagong cam..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Panasonic Lumix LX3 :thumbsupsmiley:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/ianho_/Leica/IMG_9455.jpg

as seen together w/ distant sibling Leica Dilux4

http://us.leica-camera.com/assets/media/img17303.jpg

There's a new point and shoot from Leica. The Leica V-Lux 20 is the perfect tool with which to capture those wonderful moments in life as high quality pictures. Direct, spontaneous, and intuitive. This is made possible by numerous automatic functions and a versatile 12× zoom lens with an enormous focal range from 25 to 300 mm. The optional manual setting of apertures and shutter speeds offers even the most demanding photographers complete creative control. With the latest advanced features such as HD movie and optional GPS image tagging, the V-Lux 20 offers the greatest possible flexibility and ease of use - for still photography or movies when you are out and about, and even for archiving pictures already taken.

The Leica DC-Vario-Elmar 1:3.3 - 4.9 / 4.1 - 49.2 mm ASPH. (25-300mm) zoom of the V-Lux 20 is a lens with extraordinarily high performance. Its high-quality zoom enables the use of an enormous range of focal lengths from 25 to 300 mm for both photos and video recording. For macro photography, extremely wide-angle views, or zooming in on distant subjects - the V-Lux 20 captures amazingly sharp images across the entire wide-angle to telephoto range. When shooting with longer focal lengths or in poor light, optical image stabilisation effectively prevents blurred or shaky pictures. The V-Lux 20 features a 12.1 effective megapixel sensor. Flexible use of the sensor format guarantees full exploitation of the entire zoom range (35-mm equivalent: 25-300 mm) in all possible image aspect ratios, whether set for 4:3, 3:2, or 16:9.

Panasonic Lumix LX3 :thumbsupsmiley:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/ianho_/Leica/IMG_9455.jpg

as seen together w/ distant sibling Leica Dilux4

http://us.leica-camera.com/assets/media/img17303.jpg

There's a new point and shoot from Leica. The Leica V-Lux 20 is the perfect tool with which to capture those wonderful moments in life as high quality pictures. Direct, spontaneous, and intuitive. This is made possible by numerous automatic functions and a versatile 12× zoom lens with an enormous focal range from 25 to 300 mm. The optional manual setting of apertures and shutter speeds offers even the most demanding photographers complete creative control. With the latest advanced features such as HD movie and optional GPS image tagging, the V-Lux 20 offers the greatest possible flexibility and ease of use - for still photography or movies when you are out and about, and even for archiving pictures already taken.

The Leica DC-Vario-Elmar 1:3.3 - 4.9 / 4.1 - 49.2 mm ASPH. (25-300mm) zoom of the V-Lux 20 is a lens with extraordinarily high performance. Its high-quality zoom enables the use of an enormous range of focal lengths from 25 to 300 mm for both photos and video recording. For macro photography, extremely wide-angle views, or zooming in on distant subjects - the V-Lux 20 captures amazingly sharp images across the entire wide-angle to telephoto range. When shooting with longer focal lengths or in poor light, optical image stabilisation effectively prevents blurred or shaky pictures. The V-Lux 20 features a 12.1 effective megapixel sensor. Flexible use of the sensor format guarantees full exploitation of the entire zoom range (35-mm equivalent: 25-300 mm) in all possible image aspect ratios, whether set for 4:3, 3:2, or 16:9.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Off topic, but.............

when my father died in 1997, I found his Voigtlander Vito II 35mm film camera: I remember borrowing it for a holiday in the 1960s, and I still think it's the best camera I've ever used. Yes, digital has many many advantages (for a start not having to worry about what the staff in the photo-processing shop might be thinking, hahaha), but you can't really beat a good film camera. One of these days, I'll finish scanning my transparancies taken with it and post them onto my flickr a/c

• 4 months later...

Hi! guys, since this is a digicam thread. I think if this is the proper place to ask my queries.

My sis has a canon IXUS 9501, and well, due to my stupidity it fell in the water. River water to be exact. at first we try to turn it on. But it went like it starts to turn off. We decided to remove the batteries and SD card and left it. Then when we got home, we put it in a dry place with silicas around. Well, after a week, it functioned properly again. But the our concern was is that there is some streaks in the LCD in the side. Although it doesn't really affect the image projection, we are worried since it will get longer and would destroy the LCD.

I would like to hear from you guys how to deal with this. Im really scared since we cannot afford to buy another one. And yes, it is my fault. BUT I want to hope there is still a chance.

TIA guys.

• 2 weeks later...