Digital Cameras

I am currently using CANON Powershot G5, any reviews and comments on the model? and sino din dito gumagamit nto?

that is a truly excellent camera! One of the last powershots to offer RAW mode (the last was the Pro1), has a hotshoe for an external flash, 2.0 to 2.8 aperture, and great manual controls. Only downside is that its only usable to ISO 200, so even at f/2.0, its not going to be as fast as entry-level SLRs with a 2.8 lens. My advice is to invest in an external flash and filter attachments if you don't quite have the money for an SLR. I just bought myself a used Sigma 500 Super DG external flash, and my powershot G3 suddenly found a new lease on life! There are so many great pictures you can take just by bouncing the flash!

IMHO, between a used G5 and the current G7, the G5 has more value (also, it's a lot easier to hold as well)!

After reading this and the photography thread, I went ahead and bought a Canon Powershot S3 IS at Hidalgo. I am now like a kid with a new toy - very satisfied. I just need to get a hang of the controls though as they are a little more complicated than typical point and shoots...

Same here...bought S3 IS in Hidalgo...I still have to master the controls...still learning what aperture and TV is and how to use them...great pics though..kahit na may ibang blurred...

Ang ginagawa ko pag may event...tatabi ako sa Photographer para may magandang lighting....hehehehe

that is a truly excellent camera! One of the last powershots to offer RAW mode (the last was the Pro1), has a hotshoe for an external flash, 2.0 to 2.8 aperture, and great manual controls. Only downside is that its only usable to ISO 200, so even at f/2.0, its not going to be as fast as entry-level SLRs with a 2.8 lens. My advice is to invest in an external flash and filter attachments if you don't quite have the money for an SLR. I just bought myself a used Sigma 500 Super DG external flash, and my powershot G3 suddenly found a new lease on life! There are so many great pictures you can take just by bouncing the flash!

IMHO, between a used G5 and the current G7, the G5 has more value (also, it's a lot easier to hold as well)!

a talaga mas ok ba ang G5 compare to G7? tama pala na bili ko.. kahit na matagal na sa akin toh. may value parin pala :) nice to hear it.. and bout the flash you are talking about how much un? and ano pa mga optional na kailangan ko bilhin for this cam? :cool:

Guest louventoe

been using canon powershot A610 for more than a year now. im satisfied naman of the quality. mas gusto ko canon over sony. even sa DSLR, canon is good buy.

Meron po ba kayong estimate sa Nikon D70s, D80 and D200. Canon 5D, 20D, 30D and where to buy them. My cousin told me it is cheaper in Quiapo but he's not sure about the quality (besides cash basis). Whats the different between buying in Quiapo and in some stalls and malls??? Mahabang ipunan ito!

Where can I enroll for a photography class (beginners and advance) in Metro Manila and do I need a prof camera while attending the class??? I only got Canon PowerShot A640 should I upgrade?

Nikon D70s is about 40K for the kit

Nikon D80 is 57K for the kit

Nikon D200 is around 65k for the body only

As for the canon cams... 30D is 58.5k for the kit... I don't know the rest

For photography lessons... you may check out PiPho (pinoyphotography.org) there are pros there that offer classes

Even if that's true. That's hardly reason enough choose one over the other.

Dude... I never said to go for the D80 because of that... like what I said... its just an observation based on the tests we conducted with my photography buddies in the office... since most of us are using both Canon & Nikon systems for our rigs...

Ultimately... its still up to you what you wanted to buy... and my advice is to stick to that... and maximize your camera's potential....

a talaga mas ok ba ang G5 compare to G7? tama pala na bili ko.. kahit na matagal na sa akin toh. may value parin pala :) nice to hear it.. and bout the flash you are talking about how much un? and ano pa mga optional na kailangan ko bilhin for this cam? :cool:

the Sigma 500 DG Super Flash is around 12k at Hidalgo brand new. Most Canon people sell their Sigma flash after about a year (upgrade blues). Pag second hand anywhere from 6k to 9k nalang. I got my Sigma flash over at pinoyphotography.org. Just be sure to get the one for Canon cameras. There are two models ng Sigma, yung 500 DG Super and the 500 Super. Mas mura yung 500 Super by about 2k. Only difference is that the 500 DG Super can communicate with other sigma flashes for multi-flash setup. Otherwise, for normal use, ok na ok pa rin yung 500 Super.

I know it's kinda expensive, but after using an external flash, you'll never go back to the built-in flash again!

I know it's kinda expensive, but after using an external flash, you'll never go back to the built-in flash again!

I definitely agree with this statement... your pix will come out 2x or even 3x better with external flash compared to the built-in flash... as you have more control over the flash... especially if its multi-directional...

which is better nikon d200 or canon eos 400?

Between the 2... D200 has more features than 400D :hypocritesmiley:

I definitely agree with this statement... your pix will come out 2x or even 3x better with external flash compared to the built-in flash... as you have more control over the flash... especially if its multi-directional...

Between the 2... D200 has more features than 400D :hypocritesmiley:

And D200 is really for the Serious professional photographer.

P98,000 sa stores, but you can get great discounts sa Hidalgo.

Hi Peeps. What digicam would you recommend if I have budget of 15K? My preference in terms of features are the ff:

1. At least 4MP

2. With a big screen

3. At least 4-5x optical zoom

4. With anti-shake technology

Nababadtrip kse ako sa Olympus camera ko. Walang anti-shake. Magalaw lang ng konti pag nagte-take ako ng pictures nagiging blurred agad. Ang liit pa ng screen.

I'm also tempted to buy a Casio Exilim. Any bad reviews? Medyo doubtful lang ako kse lithium ung battery. Is this better than AA rechargeable batteries?

Which is better: Casio or Canon? I've been hearing some bad reviews about Sony eh. If ever I'd buy Canon, what could you recommend considering I have a 15K budget?

Any other features that I should look into?

Thanks in advance for your insights.

Isa pa pong tanong mga Masters. May warranty ba mga Dig cam pag sa Hidalgo binili? As in if there's any problem with the unit you can have it fixed.

They give in-store warranty (parts and service) to the cameras they sell. Usually, one year ang duration. Never had any experience claiming though. Maybe others can shed light on this.