Would You Go After Someone Who is Taken?

Almost did it, but got tired of the lies and the bullshit coming from her..

Now that we knew our place with each other, it seems like she's starting to really open up with me..bout how bad her current relationship is..and her good-for-nothing, happy-go-lucky bf..

Would have swept her away if I knew then..but now I only have pity on her..whatever love I had was gone..

• Like (+1) 1

Yes very well said.

In regards to the topic on hand. . .

I guess one can still pursue a girl even if she's already spoken for. . .

I see nothing wrong with it, as long as you have the noblest intention with the girl. . .

what I think is wrong is if the girl is already married or about to be married, but other than that, I see no wrong with it. . .

Some people would say that if a country can be invaded and taken by force, then how much more someone who is already taken?

Others would say that if you go after someone taken and she falls for you and dumps the current boyfriend, then you are merely doing them a favor and proving that they were not meant to be after all.

Still, I would not do it. If she chose the wrong guy, well, then she has to deal with it. She has her own life to live; I have mine. Some women can be impulsive in their choice of a partner. They fall for good looks and sweet words and would even forgive his occasional cheatings, believing she can change him, despite evidences to the contrary.

On the other hand, if she is happy and content with her current boyfriend, then all the more reason for me to stay away and reserve my love for somebody else. True, love requires taking risks and fighting for it, but sometimes you just have to accept that you can't always have what you want.

• 2 weeks later...

I will if I really like the girl. But following the sage advice of someone I used to look up to, I'll exert only 10% effort to get her.

I actually went after someone who was taken, and got her. But that's because she took the first initiative to make contact, at naging mag-on kami bago nakuha siya sa akin nung ka live-in niya. Kaya binawi ko lang yung dating akin :lol: . Mga one year uli kami bago siya nag-Japan at nawala na contact ko sa kanya.

• 2 weeks later...

As a general rule, no. But a guy may be so totally blinded by love that he doesn't really care at that moment whether it's right or wrong. Emotions can overrule the intellect when one is in love. Especially if the other party is receptive to that love.

It's much, much easier to control one's emotions if the other person does not return the love and tells the love-struck romeo that she loves her bf and does not love him.

That kind of brutal frankness is sometimes needed to bring the person back to earth.