Would You Go After Someone Who is Taken?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I guess everybody is entitled to happiness..Our life is not prophesied by fortune tellers..It's up to us to follow what's in our hearts amidst all uncertainties. People on their own must conquer their mental reservations to achieve their goal, in your case the enigmatic question; shall I pursue someone taken or not? Take the time to ponder and weight your odds. You might get the enlightenment that you need. Sometimes people get mixed feelings and in the end gets distraught by listening to the thoughts of other people on a certain predicament. Always remember different strokes for different folks.

One big disclaimer..Whatever you decide to do or pursue is all on you..Whatever repercussions that may arise based on your actions will all reflect in the end..Kudos to you.Wish you could handle your predicament well..

Dati... automatic ang sagot ko dito na "NO". Pero as I go on with my life, saying "NO" in this question is not that as automatic as before. Why? Kasi ilang beses ko na din naranasan ito. Sa ngayon nararanasan ko ito again for some reason. Alam kong may bf itong girl na ito ngyn pero wala lang sa eksena. For others, big opportunity na ito d ba? pero ako kasi, hindi ko ginagamit tlga ang opportunity sa pansarili lang eh. I really think of others din kung yung actions ko may repurcusions. In this case, I can really make the girl fall for me pag ginusto ko talaga. Pero may masasaktan kasi na ibang tao eh.

Ang tanong ke TS or kung sino man ang nakakarelate pa... bakit mo nga ba siya hinahabol kung alam mong TAKEN na siya? Maraming pwedeng sagot pero siguro ang ayoko lang na magiging sagot dun eh "Kasi trip ko lang..." or any equivalent reason for that. Kasi kung ganun lang ang rason mo, maawa ka naman kung pinagpalit niya ung isa para lang sa iyo tapos lolokohin mo lang. Bad un in any angle na tingnan. Kahit pa sabihin mo na kunwari eh ung partner niya eh salbahe or di rin seryoso sknya... nakoh... di pa din ok un. Sabi nga ng isa dito... baka ma-KARMA di ba?

Again, mahirap nga namang mapigilan kung yung tao eh gusto mo talaga. Given siyempre na ul do everything and sometimes, umaasa / ipinagdadasal na maghiwalay sila nung current partner niya at ikaw na lang piliin niya. Oo siguradong naranasan nio na din yan kahit paano. Pero kung sa tingin nio naman eh masaya siya sa current relationship niya, mahirap man gawin pero I think eh Let's be happy for the person.

I will still answer NO to this unless I think I'll be the man that will really save her from a bad relationship na napasukan niya. Pero under normal circumstances, NO talaga whether I like it or not. Siguro I'll just let her know and feel that I am just behind her...waiting. But hoping that I won't be Waiting in Vain... =|

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When you are in a situation of meeting someone you really like, it's hard to synchronize yourself between your longing and your principles. You are in a constant debate whether "to do" or "not to do."

I have this female friend. We are close, but she always considered us to be plain and simple platonic even if outsiders think there's more to us than simply that. We could speak to each other hours on end, either personally, or through the phone. We can talk about almost anything and everything. And, yes, I do like her, but somehow, I never made any advance or attempted to bring our friendship a notch higher.

Three years ago, she introduced me to one of her seeker-friends. She thought I was an OK guy, and she knew I would be a good match for her seeker-friend. She left for abroad to work. In the meantime, I hit it out with her seeker-friend. She became overly jealous about my close friend who introduced her to me. She also thought we had something more than friendship.

Truth to be told was that, this friend of mines who left for abroad also broke off communication with me. She said she wanted to give me and her seeker-friend some space. If she would be the cause of a misunderstanding, she'd rather just keep her distance.

In the meantime, her seeker-friend also left for abroad after about a year. After 3 months, she found another lover, and eventually broke off with me. End of story with her.

Recently, my good female friend returned. The first thing she did was got in touch with me, and we met. Once again, the old times rolled, and things returned to usual.

Alas -- I found out that she has now a bf, a fellow-Filipino who was her work-mate abroad.

I know I can still get her off the clutches of the other guy. And, one of my friends did encourage me to try my luck. But principles are hard to dismiss, and a battle between the heart and the head has began.

It's difficult to be categorical when you are in a situation.unsure.gif

@jgc813, are you a what-if type of guy? Can you let go easily?

What is the worst thing that could happen if you don't go for it?

Options:

1) You will lose your friend anyway to the other guy and/or she will reject your relationship.

2) You will break their relationship, hurt the other guy. But you will have the start of new relationship

3) She's with him and you will remain friends if you never tell her.

If you don't say anything, 1 is the worst and 3 is the best thing that could happen.

If you say something, 1 is the worst and 2 is the best thing that could happen.

4) The last option, wait for her to break up with this guy but what if that doesn't happen then you actually lost your chance.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Edited by friendly0603