Strongly agree on what you said about federalism and what it can do. It transfers the decision-making and accountability on those issues and policies (state economy, law enforcement, environment, etc.) to the state governments. Thus, they will no longer have excuses to under-perform on their duties. They cannot wait anymore for the central gov't to decide for them and to hand them funds. The national gov't can now concentrate on national and inter-state issues.

On how the authorities will be structured to do that, whether state or national level, dyan papasok ang presidential or parliamentary systems (or even semi-presidential).

Some of the laws that need to be looked at when DU30 is in Malacanang:

1) Go back to Death Penalty either by firing squad, lethal injection or hanging. But personally I would like to apply the HANGING for those Drug Pushers, Drug Protectors and Drug Lords. And most of ALL those that had been convicted for PLUNDER.

2) One-stop-shop for business creation

3) Lower the taxes for wage earner of below 50,000 pesos monthly

4) Remove the age limit for juvenile that had committed heinous crimes

5) Remove the BAIL for those Drug Pushers, Drug Protectors and Drug Lords

Alisin na yan exit clearance for OFWs. Its bullshit bureaucratic procedure that helps no one. First of all, for a clearance it is not clear what exactly you are being "cleared from". Pag NBI or Police clearance, you are being cleared of any record of crime comitted. Pag clearance sa school you are being cleared of debts and any other neglected dues. Eh ang clearance of exit na yan? Paulit ulit ko ito tinatanong kung ano exactly cli-ni-clear nyan wala naman maisagot. Dagdag abala lang ito sa OFW, at dagdag revenue sa POEA na wala naman malinaw na pinupuntahan.

Kung refund lang sa travel tax at terminal fee, di working visa lang dapat ipakita.

• 1 month later...

Anti balimbing law. You can be a member of only 1 politician party. Bawal "guest" candidate at another party. You must be good standing member of your party at least 3 years before you can run for any office. So possible parin switch to another party, but you cannot do it last minute before elections. Pwede run as independent, but ganun din, you must declare yourself as independent at least 3 years.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with this one on Federalism. We really need this para the peripheral regions are empowered to develop themselves. Instead of US model, we can follow the Spanish model on gradual decentralization.

Pero instead of keeping the presidential government, I suggest that we adopt the parliamentary system, for both federal and state levels. Such parliamentary system will encourage the growth of true political parties grounded on political platform and ideas. It will be more efficient dahil less ang gridlock since the executive/government (which exists because it has the majority support) comes from the legislative (in contrast to presidential where the president may be of different party from the majority of senators/reps which can disagree and sabotage one another). It will guarantee na ang prime minister will always be a competent leader, unlike today the head of government is popularly elected and so is prone to popularity and star factor. Much better if we adopt the Westminster system (ganda ng confrontational/adversarial setup nito between the government and the opposition!). There are lots of strengths of parliamentary system vs presidential, however the space here is limited.

Federal-Parliamentary has a lot of advantages over our current system.

In addition,we need a true two-party system where members' loyalty is based on their support to the party's tenets and political platform.

The problem with the parliamentary form of government for the PHL are the politicians. Too much politicking. If the PM is powerful enough to control his party (if his party is the majority), he can be in control for a long period of time, even if he does good or bad.

But if the PM does bad, we can immediately fire the government through a no-confidence vote in the parliament.

I would rather have a Prime Minister elected by his own peer of elected Parliament Members, rather than somebody popularly elected by people who are not necessarily aware of the real and complex national and international issues like trade & economy, sovereignty & security.

In our present system we have to suffer six years if we elect an inept leader, just like how we did through the Abnoy administration.

Edited by camiar

We can change to form of government to anything we want and as often as we want but if we have the same old same olds running the country then we will also be at square one. I propose a law that limits the number of times an elected official can run for office. ooooops, meron na pala iyan. tsk.

We can change to form of government to anything we want and as often as we want but if we have the same old same olds running the country then we will also be at square one. I propose a law that limits the number of times an elected official can run for office. ooooops, meron na pala iyan. tsk.

How will you expect the politicians to change for the better then? By themselves? Waiting for the perfect politicians is like waiting for Godot. Godot never arrives, even in thousand years... Very impractical.

The reason that we are pushing for system change is to force and trigger the people in it (politicians) to change, for the better. All people have self-interests and it will be very futile to hope for them to disregard it. System change should create an environment that harnesses and channels those self-interests so politicians do positive results for the benefit of the public.

I can understand the need for term limits in a presidential setup. But in parliamentary? Totally not needed.

How will you expect the politicians to change for the better then? By themselves? Waiting for the perfect politicians is like waiting for Godot. Godot never arrives, even in thousand years... Very impractical.

The reason that we are pushing for system change is to force and trigger the people in it (politicians) to change, for the better. All people have self-interests and it will be very futile to hope for them to disregard it. System change should create an environment that harnesses and channels those self-interests so politicians do positive results for the benefit of the public.

I can understand the need for term limits in a presidential setup. But in parliamentary? Totally not needed.

No disrespect, but I find it intriguing how we we are not to expect politicians to change by themselves, even by a thousand years, yet we are going to put them in a position to change themselves by proposing a new government that will be run by them. The same people who are so stubborn to change and are indifferent to the many sacrifices of tax paying, law abiding citizens. Unless I misinterpreted then that is a just ironic. If we do come up with a government system that really does use the selfish interests of these politicians for the common interest then well and good. Hopefully it happens sooner than later. Progress in our country is long overdue. I am one the believers that we can and will be a great nation. Call me naive, I have been labelled worse.

On a side note, I used to work for a Korean firm and the boss (in one of his candid moments) was talking about how bad the state of our country is in,but it is not really that bad as of right now. According to him, if the current trend of the increase in domestic revenue keeps up then in 30 years we will be a developed country. He said that things will be good enough here for OFW's to decide to return home for retirement. I was just thinking it is one of his pep talks but he did give me something to look forward to. We must be headed in the right direction.

Might not be important as your suggestions. But mine will focus on product advertisement.

The law will focus on the products of business displayed in their advertisement. Kung ano yung pinakita sa advertisement (size, amount, proportion), dapat ganun din on actual. Marami kasi like for example sa burgers, ang ganda sa ads, malaki, maraming cheese, malaki patty etc. Tas on actual, sa unang kagat, tinapay lahat.

madami ng mga laws, implementation na lang ang kulang o kaya revision na lang.

ano pa aasahan natin sa mga congressman at senators, magbabangayan na naman sila sa house or senate na wala naman silang solution na nagagawa! sayang lang buwis natin dyan sa mga bagong batas na yan! at ilan bang mga congressman at senators ang present every session?

revision at implementation na muna ng mga batas, madami ng mga batas ang mga nagawa na eh!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Baguhin sana sistema sa maximum security prison facilities natin.

San ka makakakita maximum security pwede magpasok jacuzzi, concert stage, private swimming pool. Baka sa susunod shopping mall na. Papasukin na din kaya mga franchise dyan lol.

Dapat parang sa states. 18-20 hour-lockdown. Dun ka sa loob ng selda mo. Bawat kilos bantay sarado. Lalabas ka lang para kumain, konting trabaho, exercise, tsaka shower. Tapos kahit dalaw mo, hindi ka pwede mahawakan. Me salamin sa gitna nyo. Ayan! Ewan ko lang kung madalian pa yan sila puslit ng mga jacuzzi at big screen tv

• 2 weeks later...

ipagbawal ang mga low downpayment na sasakyan. at bawal din bumili ang walang parking lot.

one reason kung bakit masikip na mga kalsada kasi sobrang dami na ng sasakyan at sumisikip din ang kalsada dahil sa street parking.

Wag naman ipagbawal ang low dp na sasakyan. Pano mga average people na gustong magka sasakyan? Pero sang ayon ako sa 2nd na bawal bumili ng sasakyan pag walang maparadahan.

• 3 weeks later...

anti-fake social media account law.

balita ko malakas ganyang raket kapag eleksyon para mukhang maraming supporter yung kandidato. at hirap akong tanggapin na bastos mga tao kahit sinong politiko sinusuportahan mo, lalo na kung ninanais mong ma-rape o magawan ng krimen ang kapwa pilipino mo. gusto ko pa rin maniwala na mababait talaga ang mga pilipino at yung mga comments na nakikita natin sa facebook ay fake accounts na binibili lang ng mga politiko.

martial law in the traffic system. unti untiin tanggalin ang mga bulok na jeep at bus. mandatory re-testing and re education sa lahat ng public utility driver. jeepneys belong to the museum hindi sa kalsada. pati trike tanggalin din. WE ALL DESERVE A BETTER TRANSPORT SYSTEM.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

AMEND ODA ACT TO ENSURE EMPLOYMENT PROTECTION OF PINOY WORKERS – GATCHALIAN

Senator Win Gatchalian said he is considering to propose amendments to the Official Developmaent Assistance Act (ODA) to ensure employment protection of Filipino workers in foreign -assisted projects.

He said, "We have a law called the ODA which gives the President the power to enter into loans for key projects and infrastructures. I want to propose an additional protection for our local workers and employees under these foreign loans.... At the end of the day, we will benefit from the projects under foreign funding. The immediate benefit of this is the creation of new jobs..."

Let's support this bill.

Send email, text messages, tweets, etc... to your Senators and Congressmen to encourage them to support the immediate passing of this bill.

• 2 weeks later...