Hospital Complaint Thread

Private Hospitals are indeed profit driven. For one thing, they invest a lot of money in establishing the hospital which from a business perspective needs to generate profit. And the day to day operation is very expensive too. Not many businesses are BIG HEARTED. PROFIT is their desire. It is always a dicey situation when it comes to caring for the patient. There are good people running the hospital too but a lot of them are cynical and stone hearted.

• 3 weeks later...

Two hospital incidents peeps...

Id like to endorse the Manila Sanitarium sa Pasay City. Run by the Seventh Day Adventist, they are not at all similar to our 'catholic' run or named hospitals. Im a catholic myself but when i saw how my father was cared for and how sincere the MD's are in this hospital, I have decided to get all my medical needs through them. even if my dad died of complications from lung c., i never felt robbed or disappointed. Parking is not that good but thats the least of my concerns in this situation.

My fiancee recently gave birth sa Asian Hospital and becoz her copany will shoulder the portion, I am forced to bring her ther. Im disappoiunted by the way the xrays are done on preggy women, the nurses get lost within the hospital, the fees are exorbitant and even our OBGYNE pointed out that the services are dam lousy.

Also need to point out the these NEW BORN SCREEN TESTS IS A BIG SCAM! They found something on my son's result but not definite thus they need to do more tests. This time sa PGH na. What is the fuc_in use of the NEW BORN if theyll send me also to PGH to do further tests?! Mabuti sana kung libre!

TOTAL BILL - PhP 120K !!!

wHOOOOA!!! Buti na lang pogi and normal son ko.... ;) AVOID ASIAN HOSPITAL!!!

medyo OT but I just wanna endorse St. Luke's.. my dad was admitted for elective TURP december last year.. hindi sila naghihingi ng deposit upon admission.. after the operation which fortunately went well dun na sila humingi ng deposit equal to our 2-days stay (1 day pre-op and the 2nd day op itself)..we were very glad that they were very accomodating... when we said we intend to settle our bill in full upon discharge..ni hindi kami hiningan ng written promisory note (they said it was a SOP to ask all their inpatients a certain amount of deposit, especially the charity patients, para kapag ang outlook mahihirapan ang pasyente mag-settle ng bill later on e maaasikaso nila ang transfer sa mga government hospitals)..saka pala an hour after we were admitted we complained of the carpentery noise coming from the adjacent room (na ginagawa yung wooden cabinet) and requested a room transfer; madali namang nafacilitate request namin and only after 5 minutes we found ourselves in one of the rooms of their newly-renovated GI ward, complete with amenities (kami nagbinyag sa bagong TV, ref, cabinet, bathroom, etc.)...

yung nga lang, ang gripe ko lang sa st. luke's is that the cheapest room costs as much as the suite room of UST hospital, saka reservation via phone is practically ineffective unless yung physician mo tatawag dun..

peace!

Id like to endorse the Manila Sanitarium sa Pasay City. Run by the Seventh Day Adventist, they are not at all similar to our 'catholic' run or named hospitals. Im a catholic myself but when i saw how my father was cared for and how sincere the MD's are in this hospital, I have decided to get all my medical needs through them. even if my dad died of complications from lung c., i never felt robbed or disappointed. Parking is not that good but thats the least of my concerns in this situation.

My fiancee recently gave birth sa Asian Hospital and becoz her copany will shoulder the portion, I am forced to bring her ther. Im disappoiunted by the way the xrays are done on preggy women, the nurses get lost within the hospital, the fees are exorbitant and even our OBGYNE pointed out that the services are dam lousy.

Also need to point out the these NEW BORN SCREEN TESTS IS A BIG SCAM! They found something on my son's result but not definite thus they need to do more tests. This time sa PGH na. What is the fuc_in use of the NEW BORN if theyll send me also to PGH to do further tests?! Mabuti sana kung libre!

Bro sorry pero yung newborn screening is an essential part of making sure that your kid doesn't have any so-called "inborn errors of metabolism" which are correctable. I tell you if you learned early on that your child had cretinism which is treatable if diagnosed early, (this is just an example of one of the things they'd discover with NBS) you'd be glad they did the test.

Maybe mali lang hospital mo kasi siguro kulang sila sa gamit. Kung sa St. luke's yan meron siguro silang way pero mas magastos nga lang.

St. Luke's as far as i know is probably the best hospital in the country especially when it comes to service. Mga doctors nga lang nagrereklamo kasi since the hospital has gotten the bulk of the patient's money sila na ang hindi makasingil sa patient.

• 1 month later...

Speaking of St. Luke's...

Me and my s.o. were referred to a doctor sa 5f ng medical arts bldg ng St. Luke's. I was practically surprised to hear from him na there is no such thing as muscle spasm or "lamig" sa medicine world. My s.o. was complaining about nagging pain below her left shoulder blade. After 1-3mins of examination ay sinabihan ng "wala naman problema sa katawan mo" then bigay ng prescription (ang prescription ay hindi otc and requires a "sn" ata na di naman raw nilagay ng doctor na ito).

So in short you say nothing is really wrong and recommend a hard to buy medicine. By the way maski maliit naman ang makukuha mo sa health care provider eh you should have given more effort to help someone who is in a lot pain.

Newborn Screening is needed at times like this. Have the Pediatrician instructed you regarding the benefits of Newborn Screening in order to correct the abnormalities a child can suffer in the long term? Example is mental retardation detection. NBS has been practiced in the U.S. since the early 1960s however in the Philippines, this was introduced in the late 1990s and was mandatory in 2000 to hospital which also includes one dose of hepa B vaccine.

Yes, it is true that Newborn Screening is done at University of the Philippines Manila, National Institute of Health (UPM-NIH).

UPM-NIH is the only provider of Newborn Screening here in the country and is the only one who can provide confirmatory test(s) for G6PD, Phenylketonuria and others for the newborn.

Philippine General Hospital has only one Medical Doctor specializing in Pediatric Oncology who handles this type of illness and who happens to be the only one who is a Pediatric oncologist in the country. I won't mention his or her name coz I was watching ANC and got tangled on this matter last year.

• 5 months later...

Worst PGH, don't go there if you can afford other hospitals.

Medical City gusto agad opera kaya O-PERA tawag dun ng friend ko na Doctor. Gusto operahan ang pamangkin ko dun kahit masakit lang tyan. So we transfered my pamangkin sa Cardinal Santos and dun lumabas na malingering lang pala yung pamangkin ko.

UST pag may pera ka ayaw ka paalisin kahit pwede ka na at magaling ka na. Pag nakita na may gadget ka like laptop or pda phone pati mga bisita mo, cash register tingin nila sa iyo. Ang tagal pumirma ng release yung Doctor para kumita sila sa everyday stay mo. Alma Mater ko pa naman UST and all of us in the family tapos ganun gagawin nila. Ang ok lang sa UST magaganda NURSE pag na-ospital father, mother, and sister ko at pati ako. Pero ayoko na dun nadala na ako sa last experience ko.

Best Manila Sanitarium sa Pasay very good service. Run by 7 day Adventist. Mas Christian pa ata sila kesa sa mga Christian kuno na taga UST.

Lung Center is good service too despite being run by the government. Mahusay Administrator nila.

I also experianced Makati Med and ok dun. May cable na masarap pa pagkain even sa bantay pwede isama sa pagkain at affordable naman rate.

Edited by rayt64
  • 1 month later...

My sister was recently admitted into the Las Pinas Medical Center along Marcos Alvarez Ave. When the janitress was cleaning her room, she snagged the dextrose tube. It wasn't pulled out of my sister's arm but she said it hurt like hell and the surrounding area swelled up. Worse, when she was still in the ER, one of the nurses almost injected a needle into her which contained AIR!!! I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure that could've been very painful or even fatal.

My take on this?

Hospitals to avoid-

FEU-NRMF - BASTOS YUNG DOCTORA, WALANG KWENTA SERVICES. MAMATAY KA NG DI NILA ALAM.

DELOS SANTOS MEDICAL ( E. RODRIGUEZ) - WALA DIN KWENTA, PINANOOD AKO HABANG INOOPERAHAN AGAINST MY WILL.

BEST HOSPITALS TO BE IN-

ST. LUKE'S - SOBRA THOROUGH MAG TEST AND CHECK UP.

MEDICAL CITY- SOBRA ALAGA GINAWA SA ANAK KO LATELY LANG. SOBRA PA COURTEOUS NG MGA TAO/ STAFF.

• 2 weeks later...
Worst PGH, don't go there if you can afford other hospitals.

Medical City gusto agad opera kaya O-PERA tawag dun ng friend ko na Doctor. Gusto operahan ang pamangkin ko dun kahit masakit lang tyan. So we transfered my pamangkin sa Cardinal Santos and dun lumabas na malingering lang pala yung pamangkin ko.

It all depends kasi kung ano ang specialty ng doctor na tumitingin. Most likely, yung doctor na yun eh surgeon. When my mom was diagnosed with Kidney stones, she first consulted a Surgeon. So yun nga naoperahan nga sha. The second time around, though, we consulted an Internist (tama ba term? Doctor ng Internal Medicine) and he said that an operation was not necessary.

Too bad though my mom still died because of medical malpractice. We did not pursue this in the courts because the Doctor and his family has connections with the Gov't (HINT: He has a high-ranking official for a brother in Department of Health) She was scheduled to be operated so that the abcess (as a result of surviving pancreatitis) can be drained out of her system. On the day of operation, the Doctor cancelled the operation and went to a "conference" knowing that my mom's condition was fatal. Because the abcess was never drained, A day before she died, my mom grew weak and our family had asked the ICU nurses to contact the (killer) Doctor. The Doctor never responded to any of the call but suddenly showed up when they need to resuscitate my mom. What's worst is that 25% of our hospital bill was his PF. We consulted a doctor (a family friend) and referred my mom's case to him. we gave him all the details and confirmed that the doctor sould have not cancelled the scheduled operation. Unfortunately, though he doesn't want to testify against this doctor because they're under a stupid, selfish, profession oath. :grr:

I wish that our lawmakers would give attention to Medical Malpractices in the Philippines.

It all depends kasi kung ano ang specialty ng doctor na tumitingin. Most likely, yung doctor na yun eh surgeon. When my mom was diagnosed with Kidney stones, she first consulted a Surgeon. So yun nga naoperahan nga sha. The second time around, though, we consulted an Internist (tama ba term? Doctor ng Internal Medicine) and he said that an operation was not necessary.

Too bad though my mom still died because of medical malpractice. We did not pursue this in the courts because the Doctor and his family has connections with the Gov't (HINT: He has a high-ranking official for a brother in Department of Health) She was scheduled to be operated so that the abcess (as a result of surviving pancreatitis) can be drained out of her system. On the day of operation, the Doctor cancelled the operation and went to a "conference" knowing that my mom's condition was fatal. Because the abcess was never drained, A day before she died, my mom grew weak and our family had asked the ICU nurses to contact the (killer) Doctor. The Doctor never responded to any of the call but suddenly showed up when they need to resuscitate my mom. What's worst is that 25% of our hospital bill was his PF. We consulted a doctor (a family friend) and referred my mom's case to him. we gave him all the details and confirmed that the doctor sould have not cancelled the scheduled operation. Unfortunately, though he doesn't want to testify against this doctor because they're under a stupid, selfish, profession oath. :grr:

I wish that our lawmakers would give attention to Medical Malpractices in the Philippines.

I forgot nga pala i went back to the killer-doctor's office a week after my mom died. Surprisingly, all her files were gone! I was told by the receptionist to check with the hospital. So i went to the Records section and they said that we they never received any copies of my mom's files.

Obviously, there was a cover-up.

wow.

from a complaint thread to a doctor-bashing thread.

bakit doc, natamaan ka ba?

doctors are part of the hospitals of course. kaya dito nilagay ang complaint niya. besides, what the doctor did was completely wrong. and mind you, doc, i know many similar cases like these. kahit dito sa baguio. i think its part of the PRACTICE. so please.

This is OT but I felt the need to react to some points.

@feckingood - I see your need to ventilate but if you feel that there was negligence in your mom's case then find a really good lawyer and take your case to court. Potah, ano ngayon kung kapatid sya ng kung sinong Hudas sa gobyerno?

@taulpall - Ano ngayon kung natatamaan ang mga duktor? Yes, we're part of the hospital system and we are also appalled at other MDs who are negligent with their patients. If my loved one dies in the hands of a negligent doctor, I would move heaven and earth to have that doctor's license removed. So please, we also have the right to react to people who generalize the medical practice because there are doctors who truly care and would even risk life and limb for a patient's well-being.

BTW, you don't need the malpractice law to sue a doctor for malpractice. It's just a matter of taking the case to court.

Edited by mwah

natamaan ng ano?

for one thing, if he really had a case to begin with, just like dr. mwah said, he should've taken it to court.

what?

this thread is now a substitute for a court of law?

what's next, we're gonna kindly ask azayco, Wolf and agentjackbauer to resolve these matters for us?

please.

doctors are part of the hospitals of course. kaya dito nilagay ang complaint niya. besides, what the doctor did was completely wrong. and mind you, doc, i know many similar cases like these. kahit dito sa baguio. i think its part of the PRACTICE. so please.

hell. it's part of every practice, regardless of profession.

so please....please what? please do not react?

haha....

you have aired your complaints, and made your point. well taken.

we have aired our side, too.

this is an open thread so we are all free, then, to air whatever.

ke may matamaan o hindi, g_o_g was simply making a statement.

you've made yours.

enuf said.

wow.. hahaha! dami natamaan ah. :rolleyes:

what's my point in that reply of mine ba? well, i just want to point out that DOCTORS are part of the hospital. i'm just reacting to what he said because he reacted like it was out of topic.

anyway, there are lots of good doctors but lots of bad ones too. don't get me wrong here, i've got lots of relatives who are in the medical field. some are surgeons, some OBs, etc.

hold your horses and think first. over-acting kayo magreply eh. you guys make me laugh. TOXIC BA? hahahaha!

hay naku.

for someone who supposedly has a lot of relatives in the field, you don't get it.

<_<

doctors being part of the hospital system is beside the point.

yes, we know that, you NEED NOT point that out.

no one's overreacting.

but there are bigger issues at stake here so if my colleagues also gave their 2 cents about it, well there you go.

Edited by gift_of_game

wow.. hahaha! dami natamaan ah. :rolleyes:

what's my point in that reply of mine ba? well, i just want to point out that DOCTORS are part of the hospital. i'm just reacting to what he said because he reacted like it was out of topic.

anyway, there are lots of good doctors but lots of bad ones too. don't get me wrong here, i've got lots of relatives who are in the medical field. some are surgeons, some OBs, etc.

hold your horses and think first. over-acting kayo magreply eh. you guys make me laugh. TOXIC BA? hahahaha!

May I remind you that your comments are out of line.

This thread is for people to relate their complaints with hospitals, and to a certain extent, doctors.

You do not have a complaint to post. Your posts have been nothing more than snide remarks.

If you do not have anything to contribute to the discussion, and if all you want is to fan the flames -- then you are requested to refrain from posting here.

Your next inflammatory post gets you a 10 day suspension.

ei tallpaul, first off, i commiserate with you. what happened to your mom shouldn't happen to anyone. anyone.

that said, do understand that indeed, this is a hospital complaint thread and your post didn't mention anything about a hospital. doctors being part of a hospital is a flimsy excuse, thus the reactions here.

sarcasm, like the lol above doesn't help either.

wow really? that's so nice of you! thanks! MOD.

why don't you give the others who reacted the same warning? aren't they OT too? lol.

Your sarcasm is out of line.

You really need to keep it reined in.

First off - YOU HAD NO VALID COMPLAINT. ALL YOUR POSTS WERE SNIDE REMARKS. YOU WERE OFF TOPIC. YOU WERE INFLAMMATORY.

Edited by Wyld
  • 1 month later...
My take on this?

Hospitals to avoid-

FEU-NRMF - BASTOS YUNG DOCTORA, WALANG KWENTA SERVICES. MAMATAY KA NG DI NILA ALAM.

DELOS SANTOS MEDICAL ( E. RODRIGUEZ) - WALA DIN KWENTA, PINANOOD AKO HABANG INOOPERAHAN AGAINST MY WILL.

BEST HOSPITALS TO BE IN-

ST. LUKE'S - SOBRA THOROUGH MAG TEST AND CHECK UP.

MEDICAL CITY- SOBRA ALAGA GINAWA SA ANAK KO LATELY LANG. SOBRA PA COURTEOUS NG MGA TAO/ STAFF.

hi chillinsamurai ask ko lang kung ano yung specific experience mo sa feu-nrmf para maaddress natin my mom is the dean sa institute of medicine nila and ninong ko yung director ng hospital thanks gusto ko lang malaman para maipaabot ko sa kanila

• 10 months later...