• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sabi nya "Ask and you shall receive". Di ako sure kung ano talaga ang qualifications nya to grant or not. Can't tell but I'm sure he has his reasons.

Iba dyan playing safe lang by saying "Yes", natakot lang mag deny baka ma karma. Anyone can prove it? (I mean if di nyo na pray, sure di nyo nakuha).

• 3 weeks later...

I believe in desti

Luke 12:7 and Matthew 10:30 "the very hairs of your head are all numbered". In other words, your journey has been meticulously planned already.

The real question is, do you really need to pray?

In that case no but then still you do it or not as what was written in your life plan.

I don't believe in destiny. For me, a mere quick question with God either to do this or not is a prayer enough. A sincere short question is better than numerous long lines of scripted and memorized praises.

I'd like to believe that he does. But I think I have more chances of being answered if I pray for the benefit of someone else, not for myself.

To me prayers are like floating sky lanterns. They won't float high enough to reach their destination if they are burdened with too much personal requests. The lighter they are and the more sincere, the better chances of being answered.

Edited by Lord Superb
  • 2 weeks later...

Hence the question, do you really need to pray?

Based on your question, "do you really need to pray?" that is indeed a good question; As a believer, everyone knows that God does not need anything, hence the prayer is for those who believe in God. Either God answers the prayer or not is up to Him. Regarding your question, it depends on the person and that person's beliefs, there are some who believe that you don't need to pray anymore because God already knows what we think and He grants only what He thinks you need, etc... etc... but for some the prayer acts as a psychological effect to those who pray, and gives them comfort and relief that there is Someone more Powerful than anyone in this world that can fix their problems or protect them in any harm, its mans nature to look for shelter in when it rains.... The prayer is not for God, and God already knows everything... so the prayer of a man is for himself, so that he can feel safe that he can confide to someone about his problems. So the answer is it depends on the Man who prays and his beliefs. That is just my perspective.

Edited by drss

Based on your question, "do you really need to pray?" that is indeed a good question; As a believer, everyone knows that God does not need anything, hence the prayer is for those who believe in God. Either God answers the prayer or not is up to Him. Regarding your question, it depends on the person and that person's beliefs, there are some who believe that you don't need to pray anymore because God already knows what we think and He grants only what He thinks you need, etc... etc... but for some the prayer acts as a psychological effect to those who pray, and gives them comfort and relief that there is Someone more Powerful than anyone in this world that can fix their problems or protect them in any harm, its mans nature to look for shelter in when it rains.... The prayer is not for God, and God already knows everything... so the prayer of a man is for himself, so that he can feel safe that he can confide to someone about his problems. So the answer is it depends on the Man who prays and his beliefs. That is just my perspective.

Exactly right. It's for man's benefit alone..... Some might say it's a "selfish" act. But that's not for me to judge.

• 4 weeks later...