Do You Let Your Partner Read Your Text Messages?

Guest takenbyjo

I used to a lot ... pero I've learned not to na rin ... minsan na lang ... he reads my phone when he thinks I won't catch him ... :lol:

Okay lang naman kasi one and only ko sya e ... wala syang makikita doon na ndi dapat

• 3 weeks later...
Guest romantico888
Wala pang nakaisip nito, but this happens very often sa mga existing relationships, jealousy over a text message.

Its a crisis when jealousy starts because of a simple text message, the question is: Is it right to let your bf/gf/husband/wife read text message from your phone? Or is it just paranoia? Comments and suggestions please. :)

bat ka naman magtetext kapag kasama mo na sya? ciempre diskarte mo na yun, dapat alam nung other party kung what time kayo magkasama. ^_^ Kidding aside pre, di na kailangan yun. TRUST her/him na lang. invasion of privacy yun. wag naman masyadong mahigpit/sinasakal na.

• 1 month later...

wala namang hassle kun mabasa niya an mga messages s cp ko... it actually measures the level of trust that both partners apply in a relationship. i myself can be an example, kpag magkasama kmi syempre hawak ko cp ko but indoors iniiwan lang namin siya sa isang lugar... madalas pa nga na kapag may nagtext sa amin eh nauutusan pa namin ang isa't isa ng "paki-tingnan nga kun sino ang nag-txt at kun ano sabi".. me and my baby makes sure dat our level of trust is always at its highest peak ksi naman u cannot truly love someone if u dont involve trust in it, di ba.... nagiging confidential lang kapag ibang tao na ang nakialam and u know wat i mean by dat... B)

I can leave my phone lying around without any fear he might snoop and read them, and even if he does, it's ok. I sometimes read my messages with him. As for the other way around, I respect his need for privacy. I don't need to go snooping to see what is inside his inbox. Besides, he readily gives me his phone when I need to text someone using his. Sometimes, even with the sight of his inbox line up without any care at all since there is nothing to hide. When I see something questionable, I ask and he answers. Vice versa. It's easier to erase the contact number of a person who means nothing rather than to lose the trust of the person who means everything. Personally, when I am already legally committed, I don't want to use my privacy to give me an excuse to give in to the temptation that I can hide something. I recall an incident of a guy texting me messages that might mean nothing to me but I told him about anyway. It was bothering na pala for him even though I thought that the messages were a bit over friendly lang and not flirting which it was already. I simply made the habit of showing him his subsequent messages and when he thought it was way out of line na and was leaning towards what we suspected, one text from him with my consent and it's all over. Had I not be open about it, I might have been committing emotional infidelity unconsciously already. What's funny is how the guy asked me how come he knows he is texting me those messages. Duh? I don't think corrupting my principles for him is justifiable.

Having partner read your personal sms without your consent? I think that's way beyond ethics!

Eh yung sulat ng may sulat, di nga binubuksan ng magulang ko noong buhay pa sila... partner ko pa or my spouse? Personals iyan eh. As long as there's no explicite consent, when someone did that to me... i considered them boorish.

Edited by 86bangher
  • 2 weeks later...

When i had a partner - yes . but she never understood the contents ...most of my messages are data and reports from my counterparts and my people doing fieldwork , some forwarded messages and TC qoutes from my mom and pops and relatives.

one time i let her borrow my cookie when she went out clubbing with her office friends, i forgot to mention that i was expecting instructions from my pops. Pops knows that someone was living with me hehehehe what a way to introduce a fubu.

what i dont let her read are my emails - too many confidential information .

I will allow him.. I got nothing to hide

I can just leave my phone with him but I know he won't read it not unless maybe if I asked him to. :)

As for him, minsan he allows me, siya pa ang nagpapakita and I appreciate it, kahit pa about his business yung pinabasa nya, ang ok dun at least he shares it with me :)

But general rule, it's ok not to, so you can have a privicy as individuals even if you are partners.. you got to keep something for yourself as always.