How Do Filipinos View Balikbayans?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been tedious about sending stuff to Manila, clothes, delatas, chocolate until some of my relatives were rude to the point when they asked for a $500 oculus. 2 oculuses even. Para daw mas enjoy ng mga bata. I didn't agree on it and I missed out this year and probably never send one again.

Dear Manang and  Manong,

The money I've saved to send stuff to you guys could be paid for yearly taxes ( I have a $5k tax to pay this month) or pay mortgages for my house. Naisip nyo ba na padalhan din ako kahit christmas card man lang?

Sana marunong kayo magpasalamat. Di ko kayo immediate na kamag anak, 2nd cousins ko po kayo. Ni kuya o ate ko  ni minsan naghihingi sa akin. 

mahiya naman kayo. 

Edited by NightWriter
  • Winner! (+1) 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

At una kala mo mapera at sarap ng buhay nila pero kpg nandun ka na sa posisyon nila hirap pla kalaban mo homesick adjust sa oras marunong ka makisama dpat mahaba ang pasensya, matutunan mo salita nila, ngpapadala & bayad ng dues sa Pinas atbp… D lang nila pinakita sa iba tao na hirap sila, pinapakita nila palagi happy & enjoy sila, pra D na sila mgworry pa, sad reality…

Edited by Grifter09

According to my non balik bayan friends . . . They are successful and they come back to share their blessing. 

But according to my balik bayan friend . . . They did not 'make it big'  

Both agree on one thing - they have retired and their retirement funds are not enough to cover their expenses.  

I know a retired balikbayan who have to live among the slums of Tondo because his parasitic daughter keeps on asking money from him.