Free Medical Advice

papable

good day! just want to ask kung may female ba na urologist? halos lahat kasi ng hospital na napuntahan ko was male ang urologist nila. prefer ko sana female kasi nahihiya naman ako sa male magpa check up.... thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baka kasi ndi URO ang kailangan mo ... if it would be a more specific concern ... kung complicated UTI ang problem all you need to consult are IMs ... or you could probably see an Gynecologist usually at that level adressed na ang problem for women

• 2 weeks later...

Good day!

Mga doctors ng MTC, ask ko lang what is streptococcal gentonephritis? my sister was diagnosed with this. Our worry is that our mother has kidney failure. Magkaparehas ba sila?

If not, what is the probability that streptococcal gentonephritis would end up with renal failure?

Thanks

you are probably referring to post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis, which is basically an infection of the kidneys by Streptococcus, which happens approximately 1-4 weeks following an infection of the pharynx or skin.

there are two trains of thought here.. in general, 95% of affected children recover totally while in adults, the disease is less benign, meaning the clinical course can become difficult to manage.

• 2 weeks later...
Y

good day! just want to ask kung may female ba na urologist? halos lahat kasi ng hospital na napuntahan ko was male ang urologist nila. prefer ko sana female kasi nahihiya naman ako sa male magpa check up.... thanks!

There is one who is connected to PGH. Give PGH a call and ask to be connected to the office of the Division of Urology and you can make inquiries there.

• 2 weeks later...

you are probably referring to post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis, which is basically an infection of the kidneys by Streptococcus, which happens approximately 1-4 weeks following an infection of the pharynx or skin.

there are two trains of thought here.. in general, 95% of affected children recover totally while in adults, the disease is less benign, meaning the clinical course can become difficult to manage.

Sir peterparker,

Thanks sa reply..

Follow up lang, when you say less benign and the clinical course is difficult to manage, does it mean hindi dangerous? Please ellaborate.

Salamat po

Sir peterparker,

Thanks sa reply..

Follow up lang, when you say less benign and the clinical course is difficult to manage, does it mean hindi dangerous? Please ellaborate.

Salamat po

simply put, it means that in adults affected by GN, the clinical course and symptoms are more difficult to treat compared to pediatric patients.. so yes it can become dangerous and problematic.

Inquiry po.. my wife has been experiencing numbness in the left arm and hand, with occasional throbbing pain, and lately in the right arm and hand. No persistent pain daw, just "manhid" and "nanlalamig". From what I read, symptoms point to angina. She's deathly afraid of doctors and can't convince her to undergo checkup because she says doctors only prescribe meds which she believes only complicate things. She's Ilocano, 57 y/o, the traditional fruits and veggies eater and not a junk food junkie, though has occasional bouts with excessive uric acid due to peanuts.

Your thoughts on this please? Thanks!

Inquiry po.. my wife has been experiencing numbness in the left arm and hand, with occasional throbbing pain, and lately in the right arm and hand. No persistent pain daw, just "manhid" and "nanlalamig". From what I read, symptoms point to angina. She's deathly afraid of doctors and can't convince her to undergo checkup because she says doctors only prescribe meds which she believes only complicate things. She's Ilocano, 57 y/o, the traditional fruits and veggies eater and not a junk food junkie, though has occasional bouts with excessive uric acid due to peanuts.

your wife is most probably experiencing symptoms related to a cardiovascular disorder, so it would be wise to have your wife checked out..

an executive check-up is your best option, since all the necessary tests will be performed in order to evaluate the problem AND determine the proper course of action.

Agree with peterparker.

Aside from that posted above, another consideration would be neurologic in nature: carpal tunnel syndrome or radiculopathic symptoms secondary to cervical root impingement.

A visit to a doctor will help in identifying properly the nature of her ailment and alleviating her problems.

@libraprime: I am assuming that this is what you are really anxious about:

She's deathly afraid of doctors and can't convince her to undergo checkup because she says doctors only prescribe meds which she believes only complicate things. She's Ilocano, 57 y/o, the traditional fruits and veggies eater and not a junk food junkie, though has occasional bouts with excessive uric acid due to peanuts.

An executive checkup is good, kasi dahil nga general ang focus ng examination, hindi siya masyado mag-aalala.Baka may bad experiences siya sa hospital o sa doctors in general. Paano if anak o ikaw ang kailangang magpatingin? What does she say? By bouts with uric acid I am assuming na may arthritis siya, although kung iwas siya sa doctor baka hindi confirmed. What are her views on traditional medicine?

• 2 weeks later...

Manhid at nanlalamig kaliwa at kanang kamay at braso, check kung may naiipit na ugat sa may leeg, common sa age group na ito puwedeng mga spurs from arthritis, puwede ding disc, need to see a doc, CT yung cervical spine at nerve conduction studies. Wala eh ganon talga kung gusto nyong malaman ang dahilan, kailangang magpatingin sa doktor, kung ayaw naman nya ng gamot na ibibigay, hindi naman nya kailangang uminom dahil sya naman makakapagdisisyon sa sarili nya, yung mga doktor eh makapagsuggest lang.

^

i've heard of a female gyne-uro (whose name escapes me at the moment) who is primarily based in makati med but, also has a clinic at uerm. you could probably ask the information counter of both hospitals for her name.

maybe you are referring to dra jenny jose..... she is the ONLY gyne-uro (an OB-gyne with urology subspecialty) that i know of... all others are urologists (GS then urology). she was (still is?) the head of urology in makati med (inapakan niya ang mga male dominated urology dept), and now with st lukes global city

• 2 weeks later...

Mga bro inquire lang ako sa inyo kasi nung sunday dumugo mata ko, im not sure what happend pero naidlip lang naman ako nang lumitaw ito sa lower part ng sclera ko at until now di pa sya gumagaling.saan ba kaya pwedeng magpacheckup (yung libre lang pero yung gamot ako nang bahala dun)

• 2 weeks later...

sumasakit yung upper back ko

internal

what does this imply?

1 week na

It could be due to almost anything. The Most common cause of back pain - up to 97% of the time - is still muscle strain. Of course, the best way to know the actual cause and rule out the more worrisome 3% is to see a docotor.

Hi to mtc's medical group gusto ko lng kasi itanong tungkol sa skin ng anak ko nung mga 6 months old kasi sya nag karoon na sya ng parang kati kati sa skin pinacheck namin pero sabi baka lang sa gatas ng nanay (breast feed) masyadong ma oily ang kinakain ng nanay so tinigil namin ginatas nlng namin sya ng normal pero ganun pa rin bumalik ulet kamni sa doctor ang sabi namn baka marumi lng daw ang paligid e malinis din namn bahay namin. hanggang umabot na sya ng 1y/o ganun pa rin laht ng pinatignan namin na doctor is haka haka na baka sa weather,pagkain na ma oily,gatas, etc. naawa na kasi ako sa anak ko laging nangangati.

anyone kunting help.. kung d nyo po ma gets kung anong klase yung kati kati nya sa katawan i send some pics.. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

magandang umaga po,

magtatanong lng po ako, regarding s pagbubuntis, on her first 1 or 2 wks ngkaspot xia,and 2 days n ung spotting nia which is on/off nmn daw in short nde tuloy tuloy. would it be normal lng b and ano ang mga symptoms if it is abnormal spotting? please feed my mind with regards this matter...

i just want to know some info regarding this... but we will go to hospital or clinic to check if its risky or not coz ayoko nmng irisk ang buhay nila...

Thanks.

Edited by mangAMB0

Tanong lang po sa mga Doctor...

Kasi napansin ko 1 week na, may parang nangingitim na part sa may magkabilang singit ko na kumakalat po, makati po kasi ito. Tapos po meron ding parang namumula sa mga gilid gilid nung nangingitim na part. Meron din pong parang umbok ng konti na parang nangungulubot.

Matagal tagal na din naman po akong hindi nakikipag sex (single po ako at sobrang busy at wala ding pera para gumamit)

Salamat po.. more power po...

magandang umaga po,

magtatanong lng po ako, regarding s pagbubuntis, on her first 1 or 2 wks ngkaspot xia,and 2 days n ung spotting nia which is on/off nmn daw in short nde tuloy tuloy. would it be normal lng b and ano ang mga symptoms if it is abnormal spotting? please feed my mind with regards this matter...

i just want to know some info regarding this... but we will go to hospital or clinic to check if its risky or not coz ayoko nmng irisk ang buhay nila...

Thanks.

1 or 2 weeks delayed is most likely 5-6 wks pregnant based on lmp if confirmed by a pregnancy test and an ultrasound . Bleeding on this stage may suggest implantation bleeding or a threatened abortion. In any case, treament that you could do is complete bed rest for 5 days, vitamins, drink a lot of fluids and visit your obygyne on the scheduled follow up.

Tanong lang po sa mga Doctor...

Kasi napansin ko 1 week na, may parang nangingitim na part sa may magkabilang singit ko na kumakalat po, makati po kasi ito. Tapos po meron ding parang namumula sa mga gilid gilid nung nangingitim na part. Meron din pong parang umbok ng konti na parang nangungulubot.

Matagal tagal na din naman po akong hindi nakikipag sex (single po ako at sobrang busy at wala ding pera para gumamit)

Salamat po.. more power po...

I have good news and bad news for you. the good news is having sex has nothing to do with what you have, bad news is, you may be suffering from a jock itch(a fungal infection, tinea cruris) caused by too much moisture and rubbing on that area. try applying powder on your groin area to keep it moist and try applying ketoconazole cream(nizoral) 2x a day for 2 wks. Pls do consult a physician if symptoms persist and im warning you that it can be recurring. hope this helped

Good day everyone. I have a problem with my penis and I hope someone can address this:

I have itchy penis for 2 months now. And I notice that nagkakaroon na ng dryness at may mga loose skins na (flaky)all over especially on the head of the penis. What I usually did was rub the very itchy part with alcohol on cotton but the itchiness will only go away for a few minutes then babalik na siya.

It is very frustrating kasi pag nasa labas ako ng bahay in public bigla na lang siyang nangangati sobra I have to interrupt a lot of conversations just to go to the bathroom to scratch my penis and scrotum.

I never had sex with someone for almost 6 months na, although I masturbate a lot. I also change my underwear everyday.

Is this yeast infection? Or something else?

I hope I can get a reply soon cause it is already very frustrating.

Good day everyone. I have a problem with my penis and I hope someone can address this:

I have itchy penis for 2 months now. And I notice that nagkakaroon na ng dryness at may mga loose skins na (flaky)all over especially on the head of the penis. What I usually did was rub the very itchy part with alcohol on cotton but the itchiness will only go away for a few minutes then babalik na siya.

It is very frustrating kasi pag nasa labas ako ng bahay in public bigla na lang siyang nangangati sobra I have to interrupt a lot of conversations just to go to the bathroom to scratch my penis and scrotum.

I never had sex with someone for almost 6 months na, although I masturbate a lot. I also change my underwear everyday.

Is this yeast infection? Or something else?

I hope I can get a reply soon cause it is already very frustrating.

most probably a fungal infection, you can try over the counter anti-fungal meds but you have to apply it religiously for 2 or more weeks. but then again much better to consult a dermatologist to be safe.

• Like (+1) 1