PacMan's Corner

menime

Pacman just declared that he will pummel Erik Morales to retirement in their next fight. This he said in the context of shutting the Mexican's trap for not giving him respect for the beating that he inflicted on El Terrible during their last fight. Let's hope Morales makes the weight and shows up for his retirement party.

i just hope that Pacman stays true to his words that he will spend more time for training against his fight with El Terrible...judging from the number of advertisements he's had recently it seems he's too busy with a lot of things...this would have a great effect on his concentration and focus against a more determined Morales who would be seeking some glory before calling it quits...hirap nito pag natalo pacman baka wala ng bawi :(

i just hope that Pacman stays true to his words that he will spend more time for training against his fight with El Terrible...judging from the number of advertisements he's had recently it seems he's too busy with a lot of things...this would have a great effect on his concentration and focus against a more determined Morales who would be seeking some glory before calling it quits...hirap nito pag natalo pacman baka wala ng bawi  :(

yep... si pacman nanalo sya kay morales dahil gusto nya ng redemption from their first matchup... ngayon si El Terrible naman ang gusto ng redemption... delikado si manny pag masyado lumaki ulo nya... tsk tsk tsk... :thumbsdownsmiley:

my prediction

Morales will not make the 130 lb limit, he will weigh at 132 lbs and just pay the 1 Million dollar penalty..

then manny will still fight Morales, with 1 million added on his purse..

Manny pacquiao will then lose to Morales.. because of disparity in weight..

eventually Manny Pacquiao will end up smiling afterwards, despite losing.. easy Manny! este easy Money! that makes his purse 4 million dollars

Manny Pacquiao will then retire and will be called Don Manny Pacquiao..

i just hope that Pacman stays true to his words that he will spend more time for training against his fight with El Terrible...judging from the number of advertisements he's had recently it seems he's too busy with a lot of things...this would have a great effect on his concentration and focus against a more determined Morales who would be seeking some glory before calling it quits...hirap nito pag natalo pacman baka wala ng bawi  :(

kung ako kay Pacquiao, he quits boxing na lang.. gumawa na lang sya ng pelikula, commercials, tv guestings, etc..

di pwede pagsabayin yan.. saka sobrang dami na ng pera nya.. delikado na buhay nya at nang pamilya nya.. sana nag migrate na lang sya sa america... pag dito sya delikado buhay nya.. tapos nagpatayo pa sya ng mansion sa gensan..nakupo..

:cool:  galing ni Pacman..  Bravo ! ... observation lang po,  d ganun kaganda laro ni manny compared to his last  fight against Morales... over confident,  muntik na nga syang ma K.O. eh nung tinamaan sya ni Larios eh,( i ithink 3 rd ).. buti nalang nakabawi agad sya..  Sana lang d sya nagpapabaya sa lahat ng laban nya,  pano kung si Morales ung nakatama sa kanya  nun  :(  malamang tulog si Manny..  HE needs to take all his fight seriously..  haaayy  >> Pero galing p rin ni Pacman... keep it up man..  :thumbsupsmiley:

pre di overconfident si pacman.. sinadya nya magpatama talaga.. binaba nya yung kanan nya nung 3rd round.. kaya ayun sapol.. ni di nga sya sumusuntok nun e.. alam kase nya kaya nya suntok ni Larios..

i guess it was another ABS-CBN ploy to create a show out of it..

para nga naman mukhang exciting ang laban.. at syempre the more rounds, the more commercials..

alam mo naman ABS-CBN.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

i agree. parang pelikula nga yung ginawa nya kaya ako hindi satisfied sa pinakita nya. though friendly si larios mabait daw sa ring, pero sports yan kung tumumba man si larios or naKnockout ng maaga yun ang labanan e... pero its manny pacquiao decision in the ring... atleast panalo naman siya hehehe.

tsaka MANNY PACQUIAO promotion yun, dami advertisments...

ang yabang ni pacman. ang hirap ng pinoy talaga manalo lang lumalaki na ang ulo.  baka sa sunod hamunin niya si hashim rahman

para kang tanga, boxing is all about machismo, its all about self confidence. now kung bakla ka di mo maiintindihan yun. tingin ko sayo nag mamagaling ka lang, di mo naman kaya maging sikat. puro ka satsat

puro kayo reklamo, para ang hirap nyo i please...di nyp ba nakikita kung gaano ka laging pride ang binibiday ni pacman sa pinas?

punta kayo ng vegas tuwing laban ni pacman dun nyo malalaman nyo kung ano ang halaga ni pacman sa buhay nyo at sa bayan. sasabihin ko sa inyo maiiyak kayo sa sobra pride

sa amerika nobody makes a pinoy more proud than manny pacquaio!

:thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by 0range1
Nah Pacquaio versus morales, chaves, and barrera  etc....is beginning to be a joke and we filipinos are here for a ride....

Obviously nobody can beat pacman is his division right now.. Yeah nobody (an am proud of that) ..His next opponent  Morales is obviously going downhill right now for a variety of reasons (marital, personal, managerial) ... What I want to happen is for him(pacman)to go a level higher which is the lightweight division where the money is greener and the fighters are meaner.... The division where the likes of diego corrales and luis castillo lurks... btw diego corrales killed 2 fighters in the ring and castillo is very much like a pacman double but bigger ....

Manny is getting a little cocky nowadays... If you watch his interview on abs-cbn sabi niya kayang kaya niya tapusin sa 2nd round palang but he wants us to enjoy the show.... heal yeah.... very cocky comments... IF you review the game closely there are instances where manny struggled a bit (round 3) which must not suppose to happen...

Obviously he is the most famous personality inthe philippines right now.. He is a legitimate billionaire ...... What he must remember is to put his 2 feet in the ground ...

The basis of a true warrior is when he ruled 3 or 4 different weight divisions during his boxing career...  Just like Oscar dela Hoya and Roy Jones jr .... Manny is nowhere near that.... 

Pacquaio versus Diego Corrales is my dream fight.....  and very likely the fight pinoys would want to forget.....

Let him climb a level higher and fight diego corrales... obviously pacquiao is afraid of going up.....!!!! B) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah Pacquaio versus morales, chaves, and barrera  etc....is beginning to be a joke and we filipinos are here for a ride....

Obviously nobody can beat pacman is his division right now.. Yeah nobody (an am proud of that) ..His next opponent  Morales is obviously going downhill right now for a variety of reasons (marital, personal, managerial) ... What I want to happen is for him(pacman)to go a level higher which is the lightweight division where the money is greener and the fighters are meaner.... The division where the likes of diego corrales and luis castillo lurks... btw diego corrales killed 2 fighters in the ring and castillo is very much like a pacman double but bigger ....

Manny is getting a little cocky nowadays... If you watch his interview on abs-cbn sabi niya kayang kaya niya tapusin sa 2nd round palang but he wants us to enjoy the show.... heal yeah.... very cocky comments... IF you review the game closely there are instances where manny struggled a bit (round 3) which must not suppose to happen...

Obviously he is the most famous personality inthe philippines right now.. He is a legitimate billionaire ...... What he must remember is to put his 2 feet in the ground ...

The basis of a true warrior is when he ruled 3 or 4 different weight divisions during his boxing career...  Just like Oscar dela Hoya and Roy Jones jr .... Manny is nowhere near that.... 

Pacquaio versus Diego Corrales is my dream fight.....  and very likely the fight pinoys would want to forget.....

On Manny moving up, that may just happen. But he knows that the big money fight is at Jr. Lightweight. The Pacquaio/Morales/Barrera triple headed monster is still the biggest draw south of Floyd Mayweathers's divison and Pacman will be hard pressed to earn the same amount of money in the lightweight division. Sure a Corrales fight will bring in a good payday but will it match the paydays that he has coming with Barrera and Morales? I don't think so. Forget a Castillo fight as you will never see him fight as lightweight again and Manny can never kid himself that he could move up as a jr. welter and still be successful.

Manny has at least two more big money fights at Jr. Lightweight probably three depending on how the next fight with Barrera will pan out. I'm betting three. He will defeat Moralesas long as the fight is made at 130 lbs. If Morales is allowed to go over the weight and the fight pushes through, Pacquiao may do a good Chico impression of the Corrales-Castillo II fight. Regardless of the outcome, it will be the last Pacquiao-Moraless tiff with the second fight as the difinitive statement of the trilogy. If Pacman knocks out Barrera then that's the end of that rivalry as well. If Barrera ends that fight on his feet, he will walk away with the decision regardless of the boxing. Ask Rocky Juarez. Then we will see a third installment with a basic purse in the vicinity of $ 3M.

Chico is a difficult fight for Manny because he is a freak of a lightweight in terms of dimensions. He will have too much of a physical advantage over Manny that could easily negate the the attacking and brawling style of the Pacman. Corrales also has a durable fortitude about himself. He could get hit and he could be floored, but boy can he absorb punsihment and bounce back. Lightweight is already too much of a stretch for Manny in the sense that he has already maxed out his body's growth. You have to remember that Manny started out as a flyweight (112 lbs).

On Manny not being a true warrior because he hasn't won multiple titles in at least three to four divisons, like De La Hoya or Jones, that statement is shoddy at the very least.

Why? Although belts are a good measure of success in boxing, it's not the only measure. Quality of fights is one, fighting the best available talent. Ring success, winning against the best there is. In both cases, Pacman has shown that he is a true warrior. And with the proliferation of boxing sanctioning organizations, belts have lost some of their luster. Thus the generated respect for combined ranking by recognized publications and authorities, peopl's championships by Ring Mangazine and even authoritative pound per pound lists. How evident is this, even your example, the Golden Boy will be remembered not as a five time world titlist but by fighting the best fighter of his time. Ironically, he will be probably be mmortalized not by his wins and titles as his career definitive fights would arguably be his defeats to Tito, Mosley and the Executioner. The great Julio Cesar Chavez, arguably the best Mexican fighter of all time, only won titles in three broken divisions. But no can say that he is a less of a warrior or legend than De La Hoya or Roy Jones Jr. At the end of the day, it is fights cement boxers' legacies. And Manny has fought and dominated the best that three divisions can offer, won an alphabet crown and people's title and won a title with a fourth division as a youngster.

Even if we go by your own definition, the number of belts in multiple divisions, Pacquiao has actually shown that he can dominate and win belts. He has won two title from the alphabet organizations (WBC super-flyweight and IBF Jr. Featherweight) and a featherweight peoples championship from Ring Magazine ater knocking out Barrera who was the acknowledged best featherweight in the world at that time. Pacquiao could have won an official third title if not for the scoring error in his fight with Juan Miguel Marquez for the latter's WBA and IBF crowns. If JMM did not play stupid and went on to fight Pacman in a rematch for a $ 1.5M purse, Manny would have taken those belts. JMM instead buried himself in his pride and went to Indonesia to lose his titles to Chris John with a mandatory purse of $ 35,000. Great move. It just didn't make sense for Pacman to stay at featherwieght when everybody is dodging him and the best boxers in the Jr. Feather/Feather/Jr. Lightweight (Barrera and Pacquiao have moved up. He could have stayed at Featherweight for two years and still wouldn't have had a title shot. As it is, he has had two multi million dollar fights punctuated by a career defining win against a legendary fighter and future hall of famer Morales.

Don't get me wrong though, I am a big fan of belts. I m also rooting for the Pacman to win more belts if only to solidify his claim as the best Asian boxer ever as no Asian has won more than two world titles in different divisions. If Pacquiao defeats Barrera with titles on the line, Pacquiao will now be a true warrior in your book as he will have officially three titles from the alphabet boxing orgs (4 if you count his people's championships from Ring). I then hiope that he goes down and give JMM a whuppin' just to settle score and grab a fourth title along the way. Then a shot at lightweight can look promising as he will be fighting an older Castillo or a less dangerous champ for official world title number five. But that is still at least two years away with the way the boxing Gods has plotted the path of the Pacman. Who knows, he may just have a late growth surge to close the physical gap with the taller and longer Corrales. Or the money may be too good to pass up not too mind losing a few million brain cells in a lopsided physical match. Well, if that's not an issue, Pacman should just challenge Pretty Boy and cash in a really big payday.

On Manny's cockiness, I guess it goes with the territory. Also, I think it's more confidence than cockiness. It just so happens that Pacman is more articulate than the next average Pinoy boxer that's why he comes out rather cocky. And of course, there's the cultural leaning that the Pinoy public likes its champions humble. If we look at what boxers mouth off in between fights, cockiness and confidence are always in over supply. Also, we can give the man a break, he's one of the best pound per pound in the world. I'm sure he has some room to be confident about his boxing skills. In the fight game, you have to be cocky and confident if only to maintain whatever edge you have over the next guy. You have to be pretty damn sure of yourself inside that ring. Unless you've been into a real boxing fight, put on gloves, stare down another bloke at the other end of the ring who you know has every intention of bashing your head in, you would never ever understand the need to be confident as a boxer. It's not only for show, you need it to survive and to thrive. As a boxer, you should never doubt your capablities regardless of the disparity of skills with your opponent. That slight hesitation will spell a boxer's end even quicker than a solid straight to the chin.

Pacquiao is already great as he is. No one can authoritatively claim that he is not a great warrior just because he doesn't have all the belts. In this age of numerous boxing sanctioning bodies and fragmented weight classes, it is a lot easier to win mulitple titles without really cementing your reputation as a great boxer. Its harder not to win a lot of titles but still be acknowledged as one of the best pound per pound boxers in the world, a future boxing hall of famer and has a chance to crowd an all time featherweight list that includes Azumah Nelson, Eusebio Pedroza, Sandy Saddler current rivals Barrera and Morales, the legendary Willie Pep and the magnificent Salvador Sanchez.

Edited by brawler201
para kang tanga, boxing is all about machismo, its all about self confidence. now kung bakla ka di mo maiintindihan yun. tingin ko sayo nag mamagaling ka lang, di mo naman kaya maging sikat. puro ka satsat

puro kayo reklamo, para ang hirap nyo i please...di nyp ba nakikita kung gaano ka laging pride ang binibiday ni pacman sa pinas?

punta kayo ng vegas tuwing laban ni pacman dun nyo malalaman nyo kung ano ang halaga ni pacman sa buhay nyo at sa bayan. sasabihin ko sa inyo maiiyak kayo sa sobra pride

sa amerika nobody makes a pinoy more proud than manny pacquaio!

:thumbsupsmiley:

AMEN TO THAT ORANGE1

In addition to that , wag nyo na hatakin pababa si Pacman, masyado kayong crab mentality....

At least may Pacman na tayo na kilalang kilala sa buong mundo at karga nya sa balikat ang panagalang PILIPINAS...

Kayo ano na ang na contribute nyo para makilala ang PILIPINAS...

:grr: :cool:

I AGREE ORANGE1...

Bakit ba "mayabang" ang boxers? If you've never sparred in the ring (I have) I am telling you THAT IS LONELIEST PLACE IN THE WORLD! While (at the time) I could run a full marathon, 3 minutes in the ring is MORE exhausting than all of that.... you get tired... you get PUMMELLED...

Yang BRAVADO and MACHISMO ni MANNY is what he keeps telling himself. Inside the ring, you have no room for any seed of self-doubt. YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE! Otherwise... you get pummelled... better yet, you STAY OUT OF THE RING.

If you don't think you can win... YOU WILL NEVER WIN!

Kaya tama ka... TANGA lang... or those who've never fought would ever think that boxers are MAYABANG.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

Somebody has to remind Manny what brought all the "good luck" into his life. Tama na muna ang pagkanta and other showbiz appearances nya! He is a fighter!

MANNY YOU ARE A FIGHTER! NOBODY WILL CARE ABOUT YOUR SINGING OR WHATEVER... should you lose...

ABS-CBN should STOP exploiting Manny's "moment" for all the money they can siphon off it...

MANNY, NOBODY CARES ABOUT HAS-BEEN FIGHTERS. Remember your good friend Navarette. You are only as good as your last fight. SO KEEP WINNING! And get your head out of your ass... you are NOT A SINGER... for crissakes...

saw your posts on the Pacman Thread...  sayang, I missed the match bec. we didn't subscribed to HBO...  member ka din ba sa Mannypacquao.ph?  seems to me you're also an avid Pac Man follower also...  nice one by Pacman!

Pareng Tobats as reply to your query in the Kobe thread if i'm a Pacman fan? hmmmmm I do watch big boxing events, Right now pacman is one of the best in the business and he is one filipino who deserves some support from his countrymen. I do follow his trainings etc whenever a match is nearing however I aint no fan of his commercials, endorsements and especially his singing. All those things are ruining him. As a boxer i can say i am a fan. I'm not a member of Mannypacquiao.ph, is it any good?

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

Somebody has to remind Manny what brought all the "good luck" into his life. Tama na muna ang pagkanta and other showbiz appearances nya! He is a fighter!

MANNY YOU ARE A FIGHTER! NOBODY WILL CARE ABOUT YOUR SINGING OR WHATEVER... should you lose...

ABS-CBN should STOP exploiting Manny's "moment" for all the money they can siphon off it...

MANNY, NOBODY CARES ABOUT HAS-BEEN FIGHTERS. Remember your good friend Navarette. You are only as good as your last fight. SO KEEP WINNING! And get your head out of your ass... you are NOT A SINGER... for crissakes...

Amen Schizo AMEN!!! Baka akala ng abs-cbn na yan nakalimutan na ng mga filipino boxing fans yung PANG GAGAGO nila sa atin nung Pacquiao-Larios fight. Ngayon naman gusto na nila sirain din career ni Manny para KUMITA NA NAMAN SILA!!! Dyan magaling ang Lopezes ang sirain ang buhay ng mga pilipino.

Pareng Tobats as reply to your query in the Kobe thread if i'm a Pacman fan? hmmmmm I do watch big boxing events, Right now pacman is one of the best in the business and he is one filipino who deserves some support from his countrymen. I do follow his trainings etc whenever a match is nearing however I aint no fan of his commercials, endorsements and especially his singing. All those things are ruining him. As a boxer i can say i am a fan. I'm not a member of Mannypacquiao.ph, is it any good?

no prob... we all do love Pacman in our own way, fan or not, it makes us proud to be a pinoy like him... a lot of my officemates are regulard readers in the Mannypacquiao.ph, just looking if there are some MTC members who are also members there, mejo heated din ang mga arguments dun... at least here people were more decent and wholesome! got kicked from their forum arguing about the ABS-CBN araneta high pricing tickets, the same argument as yours... well it's all over now, Pacman still won...

no prob...  we all do love Pacman in our own way, fan or not, it makes us proud to be a pinoy like him... a lot of my officemates are regulard readers in the Mannypacquiao.ph, just looking if there are some MTC members who are also members there, mejo heated din ang mga arguments dun...  at least here people were more decent and wholesome!  got kicked from their forum arguing about the ABS-CBN araneta high pricing tickets, the same argument as yours...  well it's all over now, Pacman still won...

Why would they kick you out because of that? It's a legitimate argument and forums are mader so people can post whats on their minds. Dont wanna be a part of that forum if they are not open to my point of view.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

Amen!!!!

Bakit dito sa Pilipinas pag dating sa boxing masyado hype na hype yung Filipino vs Mexican, Filipino vs American......etc

Baka kasi dito lang tayo umasenso kaya ginagawang "To be proud of"

Or ugaling pinoy lang kung may umasensong kapwa pinoy eh makikisali na rin tayo kasi kalahi natin?

Hindi ba pwedeng labanan na lng ito ng Magagaling na Boxingero at hindi isali ang bansa?

Kasi pag natalo si Pacquiao at Knockout baka bigla nyo itakwil yan at hindi nyo na pag-usapan ang pagiging Filipino.

Ngayon 3rd showdown ni Pacquioa and Morales wala ng excuses. Nung first laban may excuse si Pacquioa. Nung second na laban may excuse din si Morales.

Pero duda ako ngayon kay Pacquioa. Mukhang seryoso na si Morales.

Punching Power Pacquioa. Diskarte Morales. Baka si Morales manalo sa 3rd Meeting.

I dont see this as Filipino vs Another Country lalo na sa Boxing. Kasi I dont consider Boxing na Sports eh.

Edited by edc