PacMan's Corner

menime

Si Lennox naman maaga nagretire. He was also heavily criticized for it, many believe he was dodging some contenders. But he is only the heavyweight who retired without an unavenged lost.

Either way someone always has your ticket. Mayweather knows this, thats why he tried to quit while he was still ahead. He did not want the world to see him washed up especially that he has a bloated ego.

Eitherway you leave boxing, you should be sure that you leave it with a legacy. So far manny solidified his leagacy by beating de la hoya.

Lennox does not want to give Vitali Klitschko a rematch, he won by controversial stoppage due to Vitali's cut, he was trailling on points on the 3 judges. It was a good decision to retire ahead and still rich.

Joe Calzaghe & Floyd Mayweather Jr also retired undefeated.

Manny should follow their legacy, retire on top :)

Roach, who is very close to Pacquiao, has been trying to reach the fighter in the Philippines since the impasse developed but has been unsuccessful.

He, too, is frustrated.

“We all know where most of the money will come from,” Roach said several days ago. “It’ll come from England, I think. The (Hatton-)Malignaggi fight didn’t do well but Malignaggi’s not a big draw. Hatton and Pacquiao are both big draws. I have no problem with 50-50.”

If a deal isn’t reached, Roach said, the only logical opponent to pursue is the “retired” Floyd Mayweather Jr.

“There’s no one else out there,” said Roach, referring to Mayweather. “(Miguel) Cotto is tied up for two fights. (Antonio) Margarito is tied up for two fights. (Juan Manuel) Marquez, too. Everyone is tied up.

“It’d be a shame if (Hatton-Pacquiao) didn’t happen. We’d be missing out on a big fight. I like the Mayweather fight. But why not get both fights?

wow!papa roach di na nasisiyahan..

eto pa sabi ni Schaefer..

Schaefer, clearly as frustrated as Hatton, blames Pacquiao’s advisors.

“It’s the people around Pacquiao,” Schaefer said. “They’re not business people; they don’t know boxing. Bob Arum realizes the value Hatton brings to the table. These people, (his lawyer Franklin) Gacal, are just playing games.

“… Ricky is like, ‘If it doesn’t happen, let’s just move on. Enough is enough.’ They’ve just been stalling and stalling and stalling. Arum told me last week in New York that we’ll get it signed the next day. Then it’s the next day. It’s always the day after.

Naman kasi eh buksing lang dapat...sana wala munang bisnes..yon naman ang gusto nating lahat di ba. Manny babalatuhan mo ba kami? Atty.Gacal,bibigyan mo ba kami ng porsyento?

I think the hatton and pacman fight will push through. eventually, when pacman and his people will not get what they want and later realized how much they will end up losing, e papayag na rin sa 50-50. This also happened in the DelaHoya fight where a compromise was reached almost identical to the offer by ODLH. Ang masakit e lalabas na namang gahaman si pacquaio dahil sa nangyari.

uh oh people very very bad news

http://philboxing.com/news/story-21882.html,

Sana nga magbago din isip ng parehong campo at matuloy pa din ito

Pero kung di man, ano pa bang magagawa natin kundi tangapin na lang desisyon ng campo ni manny at umasa na sana makahanap siya ng mas magandang laban kesa dito. Di naman kasi natin pede puntahan yung tao at sabihan ng "ikaw kasi eh, tatanga tanga ka, ayaw mo lunukin pride mo, yan tuloy wala ka ng laban."

If there is one good thing that came out of this, masyadong sumikat si Franklin Gacal wooooohoooooooo! Dati dati alalay lang siya now the world knows him as the reason behind the cancellation of a $60 million fight deal.

How much is the equivalent of a 1 great britain pound to Philippine peso?

Naman, layo diperensya, kaya ganun na lang siguro ang pagmamatigas ni hatton.

Is Manny the next Sugar Shane Mosley?

Ganun ang scenario na nakikita ni Richard Schaefer, for all we know after beating ODLH tumaas

ang ihi nitong mamang to(Mosley). Kaya til now di na sya nakakahanap ng mega buck deal or fight.

Golden Boy and Top Rank still owns the boxing world not MP Camp or this Atty.Gacal. Let's be realistic.

Manny dami mo ng money bukseng lang dung.

buksing at dangal gusto ni manny. pero matuloy yan laban na yan... kung hindi, papalitan ni manny pangalan ni queen elizabeth. isang option ni manny si bobby palabanin nya kahit daw 30-70.

Waaa! Somebody please do something!!!!!!!!

tinawagan ko na si arum hehe. im sure hattons is craving for that mega pounds kahit 40%. wala na rin syang makuhang laban na mas malaki this time. sino ba kalabanin other than manny? si bobby ? pretty boy @ 147?

Natapos din ang paghihintay

Pacquiao ends standoff, walks out of Hatton fight

JONATHAN PEREZ, GMANews.TV

01/21/2009 | 09:10 PM

Email this | Email the Editor | Print | ShareThis

MANILA, Philippines – Manny Pacquiao finally ended weeks of uncertainty on Wednesday by walking away from a planned mega-bucks deal against British boxer Ricky Hatton on May 2.

Jeng Gacal and Pacquiao met with Top Rank representative Michael Koncz in General Santos City Wednesday afternoon hoping to find a last-minute solution in the standoff.

Gacal, who is Pacquiao’s lawyer, said his client did not sign the contract that would have sealed the deal with his client’s expected match against Hatton.

Still, no deal was sealed despite Top Rank boss Bob Arum imposing a 6 p.m. (Manila time) deadline on Wednesday on the camp of the Filipino boxing icon.

The main culprit of the collapse? Disagreement in the purse split, which Pacquiao wants at 60-40 in his favor since he believes he would be the top draw when he fights Hatton in Las Vegas.

Hatton’s camp wants the revenue sharing deal at 50-50 relying heavily on a verbal agreement with Arum, who tried to save the fight by laying out either a 52-48 or 55-45 counter proposal to Pacquiao.

Gacal said Pacquiao could have agreed to a 52-48 revenue split but requested a higher revenue share on the minimum guaranteed purse, which he would get whether he wins or loses against Hatton.

Golden Boy Promotions, Hatton’s US promoter, chief executive officer Richard Schaeffer was also not amenable on the two revenue sharing options.

Arum said the Hatton’s have been patient with the negotiations and is now planning to hold a press conference announcing that they would call off the fight and shop around for a new opponent for a scheduled match either in May or June this year.

Koncz believes this is the end of the planned Pacquiao-Hatton match. “The fight will not happen. Based on what we were told the fight is called off."

Now that the fight against Hatton is a no go, Pacquiao’s camp is looking for a new opponent and has reportedly began talks with the group of the retired Floyd Mayweather Jr. – G

I read so many articles and comment worldwide and it seems Pacman's popularity is going down.

mrvalleyboy - email

Please dont let this bout get called off In this time where BIG fights are less and less frequent this was a beacon and an example to the some of boxings other 'champions' Id be very disappointed if a semingly humble straight up man like Pac-Man will pull out of a fight because of dollar bills I thought this man loved a tear up and he's not gonna find many (if any) other boxers that will give him (and the fans) this! I really hope that he sees sense and realises that the fans want this badly and y'know what - the payday is still gonna be massive cos of what Ricky brings to the table i.e. an army of fans and a shitload of PPV buys!

21.01.09 @ 22:21:46

Best from the Midwest!

Damn, and I really wanted (EVERYONE DID) to see this fight. Instead of taking $15M against Hatton, they will fight Valero for $3M. Hmm, $15M and get your ass exposed, or $3M and fight an untested wild swinging featherweight. What a FRAUD! Manny "DUCKMAN" Pacquiao!

21.01.09 @ 22:21:33

George - email

This fight should have happened, but now that it's not it looks like Pacman is going after FMJ. That move will prove fatal....Hatton is the mega fight of the moment and if he thinks negotiating with Hatton's people was tough wait until he tries to get a 60-40 from Mayweather. Mayweather calls himself "money" for a reason....

21.01.09 @ 22:19:19

Best from the Midwest!

Manny Duckman! Why don't you fight someone NOT old, and NOT weight drained for a chance. Oh, I forgot, the last time you did that (Marquez) you got your ass schooled and won a controversial SD at 130lbs. Hatton is the 140lb king and now you're running scared hiding behind your lawyer, and you won't even answer Freddie Roach's phone calls. What a prick! Manny DUCKman! p4p FRAUD!

21.01.09 @ 22:18:52

neil (pomie)

Jose - Yeah me too. PAcquaios new nicjname should be "payday" ... cause thats all thats important to him.

21.01.09 @ 22:03:50

neil (pomie)

Well Arum is firmly putting the blame on Team-Pacquaio and considering Arum is Pacquaio's promoter, that is damaging. Pacman; your an idiot, your greed has robbed us fans of a great fight.

21.01.09 @ 22:02:55

José Martí (Formerly Campeón)

I used to be a Pacquiao fan but now I see "Payday" Pacquiao is getting too big for his boots. Ass...fighting for the fans...

21.01.09 @ 21:59:53

sana ay hindi pa magretire si Manny... kasi papasukin niya ang pulitika hahaha

at ituloy niya ang laban para sa bayan.... (gwaarkk!!!) hmm teka, as of now, wala naman sa usapan ang karangalan ng bayan at ng sambayanang pilipino para magmaterialize ang labang Pacquiao-Hatton a. Puro hatian sa pera ang usapan a. Malamang lalabas iyan pag pinopromote na ang laban, na ang laban ni Manny ay para sa bayan. hahaha

from the THE RING magazine:

Schaefer remained disgusted with Pacquiao but is looking forward.

“You can’t really blame his lawyer Franklin Gacal. Ultimately, it’s Manny’s decision.”

eto malupit si Papa Roach na etsapwera..

Roach, who guided Pacquiao to his knockout of Oscar De La Hoya on Dec. 6, apparently was shut out of the negotiations for the Hatton fight. He repeatedly tried to reach Pacquiao in the Philippines during the talks but was unsuccessful.

Baka may niluluto silang ibang putahe,ayaw siguro nila sa isang British Beefcake. Sa dami ng nakapalibot kay Manny i think

di sa kanya galing ang desisyon. Papa Roach was not part of the negotiation team,mmmmmm. I've always remember

everytime na tinatanong si Manny ni Larry Merchant, Who do you want to fight next? Manny will answer,well,i'm just a boxer it's my promoter's job to look for my opponent. Now,do you think it was Manny's decision to stuck with the 60-40 scheme?

Hello Bob, what's the next plan?

Team pacquiao is now putting the blame on pacquiao himself after the latter refused to sign the proposed deal. this after his so-called advisers were repeatedly telling him that he deserved a bigger purse. tsk, tsk, tsk...sayang naman yung $10-$15M he was supposed to receive. i guess a few mediocre fights and maybe a loss will give pacman and his team proper perspective...

"Has this been down Pacquiao? Or the team that surrounds him? I have spent plenty of time with Manny, and he doesn't appear to be fuelled by greed - in fact he seemed really keen to fight Hatton. Has the De La Hoya win altered his ego? Who's whispering in his ear? Do we know all the financial facts?"

Adam Smith

Quotes of the week

Well this really sucks!!!! Whaaaaaaa!!!!!! I was looking forward to this fight pa naman. But oh well what can we really do.

In principle, I believe that manny should get the bigger cut, that to me was not an issue. Its an issue of proper negotiations The problem lang dito, is kung naging tama ba yung pag negotiate sa laban na yan, at kung tama yung advices na binigay sa ka Manny. Most of all were the right people involved in this negotiation. It would have mattered din siguro kung yung si KaFreddie ay nakausap si Manny.

Kaso si gacal ang epal ng epal sa kontrata. Minsan nya na din sinabit si Manny with that golden boy promotion deal. Ngayon I hope he could negotiate for manny to fight mayweather jr. Kasi sa ngayon lahat ng potential na kalaban ni Manny ay may mga kalaban na. Maski si Valero may laban na. Kaya tengga muna si manny ngayon unless he wants to fight Humberto sotto for 2 or 3 $ millio. But who would seriously want this fight?

But like I said what can we do? we are mere fight fans. Boxingero naman talaga pipili ng kakalabanin nila, at tayo nanonood lang. Kung ayaw natin yung laban, di natin papanoorin, walang PPV shares, simple as that. Its not like people are even going to care pag nagumpisa na maubos bilyones ni manny. At lalo naman di natin siya pwede pagalitan sa mga desisyon na ginagawa nya.

Oh well. Lets just look forward na lang to that Margarito-Cotto rematch

^^^

Well too late for that. He is the third fighter to fall into that trap. Unless makuha nga nya si Mayweather para labanan siya. Kaya umpisahan na dapat ni gacal magmakaawa. If he has to perform fellatio on Pretty boy he should! Kasi kung hindi matagal tagal walang magiging matinong kalaban si Manny tengga pa siya ng matagal.

This is an example of what bad negotiations would do to your career. If you do not hire the right people to get you the cut you want. I think Gacal was over confident that he could make the hatton camp yield if he declared to the press that its 60-40 or they find another opponent. Ang problema, wala naman siyang plan B. I think napikon din dito campo ni hatton sa kayabangan ni Gacal kaya they called the bluff of manny's camo. Gacal siguro never expected that to happen.

Oh well what can we do? Sabi nga ni arum, its his life and its his career.

Hmmmm Naisip ko? What if si Gacal na lang lumaban kay Hatton?

Hatton Vs Gacal anyone?