PacMan's Corner

menime

Just my opinion....

Pacquiao decided to fight Golden Boy is expected to get more or less US$20 million, his biggest paycheck in a career that started in 1995, including his share in the pay-per-view....

Pacquiao on Monday (September 1) took his oath as a member of Kabalikat ng Malayang Pilipino, or Kampi, the political party founded by President Gloria Arroyo and he said he would rejoin politics after he retires in 2009....

Pacquiao agreed to fight GB, win or loose just to earn big bucks in his bid to support his political campaign in 2010 elections. Pacquiao reportedly spent more than P100 million when he lost to Rep. Darlene Antonino in the 2007 race for congressman of General Santos City...

What a pity for Pacquiao....

As what Senator Panfilo Lacson said, “He hasn’t learned his lesson. Had he run in 2007 under the opposition, he would have been a congressman now. If he plans to run in 2010, [he should not] do it under the administration [slate]. The endorsement of the administration is a kiss of death,” said Lacson, who won reelection in the 2007 elections under the opposition ticket.

So, win or loose for Pacquiao, its all because of politics that he is fighting for....

It is all about the money. Oscar is still the pay per view king. He got roughly twice as many ppv hits as Pac's best ppv showing when he fought Mayweather. He earned $35 mil in that fight. Whatever deal they make, Pac will make much more money than all of his previous fights combined.

If Pac loses he can always say he lost against a much bigger guy. If Oscar loses, Pac can claim to be the greatest boxer in history. In both cases he'll get a paycheck that'll be the envy of any Philippine politician. Would anyone turn this down?

My 2c

I wish PacMan well, but I think that the size difference will be too much for him to overcome. Pacquiao first competed professionally at 108 lbs, just grew to 135 lbs in defeating Diaz, but will not be as strong or as quick at 147 lbs against a world-class legend who has fought a lot at 154 lbs. Still, this is a no-lose fight for PacMan, as this will probably be the largest earning fight of his illustrious boxing career.

A lot of people are saying the fight's all about the money. I agree, but why not about it? Manny has earned his right to be called the #1 pound for pound champ. Some people are saying mag retire na lang si Pacman bago sya malaos. He's been saying that he loves to fight and in my opinion kung lalaban na rin lang e yung kikita na rin ng malaki. There are good matchups out there for Manny but one thing that should be put into consideration is, will it draw that much money? To say that this fight's a "circus", I don't think so. It might turn out to be a great fight. Let's wait and see.

A real circus is Manny jumping into politics.

im a huge pacman fan!!!but against golden boy mahirap yata...

kahit magdasal pa si mrs. dionisia pacqiuao sa lahat ng santo sa langit (pati kay SANTA CLAUS)

its gonna be imposible

may laban pa rin si pacman. he's in his prime now and mas gumaling pa sya. it may be a big challenge, but who knows? he has his coaches to strategize on how to break oscar.

Ayoko din ng Pacquiao vs Dela Hoya pero suportahan nalang natin si Manny sa laban na ito.

Sana manalo si Manny kay Oscar at sa mga susunod na laban niya.

Very interesting possible opponents next year:

Juan Manuel Marquez - new Ring Magazine Lightweight Champion

Nate Campbell - current WBA/WBO/IBF Lightweight Champion

Ricky Hatton - current IBO Light Welterweight Champion

Pero sana sa 2010 matalo naman si Manny. :rolleyes:

I still believe that Manny can help the Filipino people as Manny and not as a Congressman.

Peace

Agree+++

Leave politics alone Manny and do what you do best...knock people out!

tama!

knock people out Manny.

naiitindihan kita MP, siguro nga circus kung titignan pero ginawa na rin ito ni Roy Jones Jr., Tito Trinidad, and I am sure marami pa kaya hindi na bago ang ganitong labanan.

siguro sa weigh in na makakapagdedecide ang iba kung circus nga o hindi pag nakita na natin ang mga katawan nila.

Ayoko din ng Pacquiao vs Dela Hoya pero suportahan nalang natin si Manny sa laban na ito.

Sana manalo si Manny kay Oscar at sa mga susunod na laban niya.

Very interesting possible opponents next year:

Juan Manuel Marquez - new Ring Magazine Lightweight Champion

Nate Campbell - current WBA/WBO/IBF Lightweight Champion

Ricky Hatton - current IBO Light Welterweight Champion

Pero sana sa 2010 matalo naman si Manny. :rolleyes:

I still believe that Manny can help the Filipino people as Manny and not as a Congressman.

Peace

malay natin kung matalo nga sya sa 2010, pero baka hindi sa boxing ring kundi sa politics.