PacMan's Corner

menime

GBP Chief Executive Officer Richard Schaefer likewise told the Manila paper that "basically the open points came down to weight, size of gloves (8 oz or 10 oz) and the overall percentage split.....Bob and I laid the foundation to get a deal done but now it will be up to Manny and Oscar. Both fighters will have to give in a bit on the various points and find a compromise. My understanding is that Bob will talk to Manny once he is back from Bejing and I will talk to Oscar once he is back from Puerto Rico sometime next week," said Schaefer. "In the end it will not be Bob and I who will enter the ring but Oscar and Manny. If they can not be satisfied with the deal then both will have no choice but to move on and look at other options. It is not up to Bob and me anymore but rather up to the fighters. The deal on the table would ensure a career high payday for Manny," added Schaefer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think both sides want to make a deal," Arum said. If a deal is not made, Arum said he would arrange a fight involving Pacquiao against Humberto Soto of Mexico on Nov. 1 at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas.

So its Dela Hoya or Sotto

Slightly off topic, but this really got my goat.

Manny Pacquiao attended a party hosted by a large telecoms company. Of course, pictures were taken and among them, Manny's. Now, this Pacquiao associate approached the telecoms company asking for a seven-digit talent fee because the telecoms company used Pacquiao's photo in a feature article which appeared in a major newspaper.

Who is this Pacman associate?

Is he doing this on Pacman's orders? Or is this his own little sideline?

If it is the latter, kawawang Manny. Dito masisira si Manny, sa mga taong katulad nito. :grr:

According to reports, the fight is off for now because De La Hoya wants a 70-30 split of the PPV and Manny wants a 60-40 split.

Mayweather got a 30% from the Oscar fight, should Manny get more? Even at 30%, Manny's total payout should be between $12-15 million.

Why fight Soto for $5 million at most when you can get a possible $15 million? There's no shame in losing to Oscar but there is to Soto.

No go for Pacman-Oscar fight!

By Nick Giongco

Manny Pacquiao has decided to stay at lightweight and defend his WBC 135-lb crown after turning down an offer by Golden Boy Promotions (GBP) for a Dec. 6 fight in Las Vegas, lawyer Franklin Gacal said in a statement released early Thursday morning. "I have been informed that Oscar De La Hoya is firm with the 70-30 revenue sharing and won't budge in to the 60-40 split we have counter-offered. I find the offer of GBP unconscionable hence unacceptable. It would have been an honor to fight De La Hoya on his last fight capping a very illustrious boxing career but under the circumstances, the option left is to move on. I have already made specific instructions to my lawyer to start negotiating with Bob Arum for my next fight with any possible opponent at 135 lbs," said Pacquiao. Gacal said what Pacquiao wanted was a fair share of the mega fight and apparently, Oscar De La Hoya is making an offer that he knows is unacceptable," Gacal told fightnews.com.It is certain that Pacquiao will face Humberto Soto of Mexico sometime in November in Las Vegas.

According to reports, the fight is off for now because De La Hoya wants a 70-30 split of the PPV and Manny wants a 60-40 split.

Mayweather got a 30% from the Oscar fight, should Manny get more? Even at 30%, Manny's total payout should be between $12-15 million.

Why fight Soto for $5 million at most when you can get a possible $15 million? There's no shame in losing to Oscar but there is to Soto.

I agree, I doubt he'll get $5M for Soto, maybe between $2 to $3.

Buti nalang ginamit ni Manny ang utak niya. :thumbsupsmiley:

For sure mas mababa ang kikitain niya against Sotto pero hindi naman siya bugbog.

And besides, a paycheck of below $5M with a Sotto match is not that bad tutal mayaman na si manny.

Pero mas gusto ko pa din Pacman versus JMM. :rolleyes: Maybe next year.

Roach wants Pacman vs Oscar!

By Nick Giongco

Trainer Freddie Roach said on Thursday (Wednesday in the US) that he will try to convince Manny Pacquiao to reconsider his decision to decline a fight with Oscar De La Hoya on Dec. 6 in Las Vegas. "Fighting Humberto Soto is ridiculous," Roach told The Manila Bulletin/Fightnews.com during a break in training at the Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood. Roach said he had already set up everything as far as training for the De La Hoya fight. "We need to fight a perfect fight to win against De La Hoya," said Roach.

Ayaw ata ni Roach ng maliit na kita :lol:

Roach wants Pacman vs Oscar!

By Nick Giongco

Trainer Freddie Roach said on Thursday (Wednesday in the US) that he will try to convince Manny Pacquiao to reconsider his decision to decline a fight with Oscar De La Hoya on Dec. 6 in Las Vegas. "Fighting Humberto Soto is ridiculous," Roach told The Manila Bulletin/Fightnews.com during a break in training at the Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood. Roach said he had already set up everything as far as training for the De La Hoya fight. "We need to fight a perfect fight to win against De La Hoya," said Roach.

Ayaw ata ni Roach ng maliit na kita :lol:

May percentage kasi ang trainer sa paycheck ni Manny. :lol:

May point nga si Roach. :lol:

naku sayang ang $15 million hehehe kahit bawasan pa yan ng IRS, Arum at Roach pati pa mga sparring partner at hangers on ni Pacman malaking pera pa din yun hehehe magaling na negosyante si Manny hehehe

pero hindi mo din siya masisisi. matalo man siya ke Oca (hehe Oscar pala, hehe) kikita naman siya ng malaki. pero hindi pa ba malaki ang 10 plus million (bawas na yan hehehe). eh kahit isang dosena nyang anakan si Jinky at magampon siya ng mga bata sa Pinas tulad ni Brangelina madami pa din siyang pera eh hehehe.

sayang din pero nagmatigas din si Pacman. hehehe bawi na lang siya ke Hatton next year kaya din siguro nun maka $10 million. eh baka Euros pa usapan dun eh di mas malaki kita ni Pacman next year hehehe

konting tiis na lang Pacman. pagtyagaan mo na lang si Soto. tapos Hatton next year tapos makapunta ka pa London. ayos di ba? hehehe

^ kahit nga mga taga GBP sabi misguided daw si Pacman kasi yung kikitain nya dito e katumbas na sa kikitain nya sa mga 2 to 3 fights din.

i dont' think bugbog si pacman dito pag si golden boy ang nakalaban nya. di naman nya aatrasan si oscar basta basta.

si roach. lumalabas talaga ang motive at pinipilit na si oscar ang makalaban ni pacman.

^ kahit nga mga taga GBP sabi misguided daw si Pacman kasi yung kikitain nya dito e katumbas na sa kikitain nya sa mga 2 to 3 fights din.

si roach. lumalabas talaga ang motive at pinipilit na si oscar ang makalaban ni pacman.

By percentage din kasi sila Roach at di naman sila kasing yaman ni Manny at nagtratrabaho din sila.

kung 10% kay Roach kung $2M kay Soto = 200k lang minus tax pa yan. kay Oscar $15M = $1.5M

Edited by jerzz

Sabi nga ni Oscar, wag daw dapat tingnan ni Pac yung 30% na share niya kundi kung magkano yun sa total amount in $$$, si Mayweather daw naintindihan yun kaya pumayag sa 30%.

"Their last match dubbed as, “De La Hoya vs. Mayweather: The World Awaits”, is one of the highest grossing boxing matches. It generated a pay-per-view (PPV) revenue of over $120 million with 2.4 million households, and broke the Holyfield-Tyson record of 1.99 million"

Kung kumita ng $100M yung laban ni Oscar at Pac, tumatagingting na $30M yun para kay Pacman, hindi lang yan 2 to 3 fights baka mga 5 to 6 fights yan na big name din. Kung kay Soto baka mga $2M lang yan kasi $3M lang yung kay Diaz na Lightweight Champion. Wala namang hawak na belt si Soto tapos mas mababa pa timbang sa kanya.

Yan ang dahilan kaya nagkukumahog si Roach kay DLH, naiintindihan nya yun :lol:

Hey Wakey Wakey Up Oskey de La Hoya, MANNY PACQUIAO is Official No. 1 POUND-FOR-POUND & COVER BABE for THE RING MAGAZINE !

"Look Ma, Manny is on the cover of RING MAGAZINE, the Bible of Boxing"

"Son, that's because Manny Pacquiao is now the OFFICIAL Pound-for-Pound on the planet right now, and Oscar de la Hoya isn't even included in the top ten pound-for-pound list...bwahahahaha"

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/pinoybiscuits7003/RingOct08S.jpg

(on sale August 26, 2008)

http://www.thering-online.com/

"Son, if any fighter who would like to retire with a bang he should fight Manny Pacquiao, why ? just look at the top ten lists for pound-for-pound below"

1. MANNY PACQUIAO

LIGHTWEIGHT

2. JOE CALZAGHE

SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHT/LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT

3. JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ

JUNIOR LIGHTWEIGHT

4. BERNARD HOPKINS

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT

5. ISRAEL VAZQUEZ

JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT

6. ANTONIO MARGARITO

WELTERWEIGHT

7. KELLY PAVLIK

MIDDLEWEIGHT

8. CRISTIAN MIJARES

JUNIOR BANTAMWEIGHT

9. RAFAEL MARQUEZ

JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT

10. MIGUEL COTTO

WELTERWEIGHT.

"That is sooo cool Ma, Manny is on top of the world right now and Oscar de la Hoya is not even in the top ten list. Oscar de la Hoya should really be fighting Manny Pacqquiao on December 6, because if Oscar beats Manny then Oscar would be number one...is that right Ma?"

"That's right son, if he defeats Manny then he would go out in retirement as the Number one pound-for-pound on the planet"

"yeah!"

Hey Wakey Wakey Up Oskey de La Hoya, MANNY PACQUIAO is Official No. 1 POUND-FOR-POUND & COVER BABE for THE RING MAGAZINE !

"Look Ma, Manny is on the cover of RING MAGAZINE, the Bible of Boxing"

"Son, that's because Manny Pacquiao is now the OFFICIAL Pound-for-Pound on the planet right now, and Oscar de la Hoya isn't even included in the top ten pound-for-pound list...bwahahahaha"

True but Ring Magazine is owned by Oscar Dela Hoya :lol:

Oscar antes up and is offering Manny 33% split (33/67)