PacMan's Corner

menime

Labanan na ni Manny si Juan Manuel.

Kung matalo sya eh di rematch.

Kung manalo na eh umakyat na ng weight si Manny. (Or labanan pa nya si Valero bago umakyat ng weight.)

Pero mukhang mahihirapan si Manny kay Manuel. Dito ko lang nakita si Manny na hindi na nakaporma ng later rounds dahil sa galing mag counter punch ni Marquez.

sus, yung laro ni pacquiao laban kay solis... kung nagkataon si barrera or marquez ang kalaban nya nun at ganun ang laro nya KO na si pacquiao... pipitsugin lang naman kinalaban nya pero umabot ng 8th round tsk tsk tsk.... sabi nga ng ibang analyst, mas magaling pa daw si larios kesa kay solis, ibig lang sbhin talagang namimili ng kalaban si manny takot na matalo... personal point of view, kung makalaban nya uli sina barrera or marquez may tulog si pacquiao, naka tsamba lang sya sa dalawang yun!!!!

dude si erik morales na kakalabanin nya...hinde pumirma si marquez sa rematch....syado raw mababa bayad sa kanya....$750k lang....ineexpect nya $1.5k.......kasi ibf at wba champ raw sya.... <_<

kahit sino itapat kay paquiao...morales man o marquez....tumba parin sila kay PACMAN :cool:

I just hope pacman can hurdle his politics distraction; I wish he could face joel casamayor; if he can beat joel at the welterweight division then this will trult cement his place in the annals of boxing greats; go pacman go

I just hope pacman can hurdle his politics distraction; I wish he could face joel casamayor; if he can beat joel at the welterweight division then this will trult cement his place in the annals of boxing greats; go pacman go

Whatever Ven... whatever... I'd like to see you fight Manny Man. Let's see if he can fix your other leg. :P

sumawsaw na sa politika, nakisawsaw pa sa ibang lugar -makati. at si lito lapid pa ang sinuportahan! kung malakas-lakas o popular ang kalaban ni JV sa sanjuan baka doon naman siya.

(btw, im not a mkti. resident/constituent nor a binay supporter. im just pissed off at pacquiao. parang political mercenary na siya.)

hi guys m new here, I just like to comment on manny's last fight vs solis...

I'd say after the first round i think manny thought he definitely can take on solis and can KO him out any time he wants to, he just want to prolong the fight coz it woudnt be good for the buisness if the foight would end so quick...

If you know what i mean... :) :thumbsupsmiley:

Pacquiao-Barrera II in the works

By Nick Giongco

http://www.mb.com.ph/SPRT2007042392444.html

ALL I COULD SAY IS THAT THIS STORY IS SO STUPID!!!! ITS AN INSULT TO INTELLIGENT FILIPINO BOXING FANS AND ONLY

THE PACQUIAO CAMP IS TO BLAME, ESP FRANK GACAL. THERE WOULD NEVER BE A PACQUIAO-MARQUEZ TITLE

MATCH THIS YEAR SIMPLY BECAUSE THEYRE PART OF TWO PROMOTIONS, WHO ARE RIGHT NOW, HAVE SO MUCH BAD

BLOOD THAT NO WORLD BOXING OUTFIT COULD EVER IMPOSE UPON. BUT HOW ABOUT NEXT YEAR? WE'LL

SEE...BUT DEFINITELY NOT THIS YEAR. KAHIT NA PACQUIAO-BARRERA 2 MALABO DIN. KAHIT NA SABIHIN NATIN

TOTOO ANG BALI-BALITA NA "UNHAPPY" NA SI BARRERA SA GBP, HE IS STILL UNDER CONTRACT WITH THEM AND GBP

WOULD DEFINITELY NOT GIVE HIM UP TO TOP RANK AFTER TOP RANK ALLEGEDLY GOT THE BETTER OF THEM WHEN TR

PULLED PACQUIAO FROM THEIR GRASP, BUT THATS FOR THE U.S COURTS TO DECIDE. BUT LETS SAY, TOTOO NGANG

AYAW NA NI BARRERA SA GBP AT MAPUNTA SIYA SA TOP RANK, WOULD A PACQUIAO-BARRERA FIGHT BE WORTH IT?

DEFINITELY NO!!! PACQUIAO DESERVES A TITLE SHOT WITH THE CURRENT WORLD CHAMP, AND ITS NOT BARRERA, ITS

MARQUEZ. HE HAS WORKED SO DAMN HARD FOR THAT THE PAST FEW YEARS, AND HE DESERVES IT. KAHIT NA SABIHIN

NATIN, A PACQUIAO-BARRERA REMATCH WOULD BE A BETTER DRAW, BARRERA ISNT THE CHAMP ANY MORE. TOP RANK,

ESP BOB ARUM IS JUST PULLING OUR LEG AND LYING THRU HIS TEETH THAT THERE WOULD BE A PACQUIAO-MARQUEZ

FIGHT THIS YEAR. HE HAS NO CONTROL OVER THAT. HE CANT EVEN SIT DOWN WITH GOLDEN BOY TO IRON THAT OUT.

FROM ALL INDICATIONS, GBP DOESNT WANT TO EITHER. YES, ACCORDING TO GBP, MARQUEZ WOULD DEFEND HIS TITLE

FOR THE LAST TIME THIS YEAR IN SEPT BUT PACQUIAO IS NOT PART OF THE VERY SHORT LIST. BARRERA IS ON THE TOP

OF THAT LIST, IF HE WOULD WANT TO, BUT HE STILL HAS TO BE WITH GBP FOR THAT TITLE SHOT. IF BARRERA DOESNT

WANT A REMATCH, THEN THERE WOULD BE OTHERS WITH IN GBP TO HAVE A CRACK AT MARQUEZ. PACQUIAO WOULD BE

OUT IN THE COLD, FIGHTING NOBODY'S, MEDIOCRES'. PACQUIAO WOULD JUST BE RELEGATED TO A CHAMP WITHOUT A

WORLD TITLE, SIMPLY BECAUSE OF SHADY BUSINESS DEALING OF HIS CAMP, ATTY FRANK GACAL IN PARTICULAR. WITH

THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING WITH PACQUIAO'S CONTRACT DISPUTE, PACQUIAO FANS SHOULD JUST SAY GOODBYE TO

HIS TITLE SHOT THIS YEAR. KAHIT NA SINO PANG PONSYO PILATO MAGSABING TULOY ANG LABAN NILA LALO NA SI

BOB ARUM, DI MANGYAYARI IYON. NASA KORTE NA ANG LABAN. IF GBP WINS, PWEDE, PERO DEFINTELY, WALA SA MGA

KAMAY NI BOB ARUM, OSCAR DELA HOYA O WBC ANG DESISYON. KUNG NAGISIP ISIP LANG SI PACQUIAO AT DI NAKINIG

KUNG KANI-KANINO, EH DI WALA SIYANG SAKIT SA ULO, DEMANDA AT BAKA WORLD CHAMP NA SIYA ULI AT THIS TIME,

AT DI KUNG SINO-SINONG "TRICYCLE DRIVER" LANG ANG NILALABANAN NIYA. TAPOS, PAPASOK PA SIYA SA POLITIKA...

^Well, I do agree with you with the mess that Pacquiao got himself into.

But regardless of who has the belts, Pacquaio will draw big money whoever he fights. And that's where he holds the aces. Marquez, Barrera and the rest of the so called big names in the jr. lightweight and lightweight division will get to see their biggest money fights only if they fight Pacquaio.

Does Pacquaio really need the belts to draw big fights? Not really. Do I want to see him win a couple more legit titles? Of course. He should have four by now (flyweight, jr. featherweight, featherweight and jr. lightweight/super featherweight) with an eye for a fifth. If he can't get a big fight with Marquez or Barrera, instead of facing patsies, he should just run after belts while waiting. Go down a weight class to Featherweight and get a title and then face one of the lesser known jr. lightweight camps. That will keep him busy while his legal issues are ironed out, he earns a good payday and gets his titles to cement his leagcy as arguably the best Asian boxer ever.

^Well, I do agree with you with the mess that Pacquiao got himself into.

But regardless of who has the belts, Pacquaio will draw big money whoever he fights. And that's where he holds the aces. Marquez, Barrera and the rest of the so called big names in the jr. lightweight and lightweight division will get to see their biggest money fights only if they fight Pacquaio.

Does Pacquaio really need the belts to draw big fights? Not really. Do I want to see him win a couple more legit titles? Of course. He should have four by now (flyweight, jr. featherweight, featherweight and jr. lightweight/super featherweight) with an eye for a fifth. If he can't get a big fight with Marquez or Barrera, instead of facing patsies, he should just run after belts while waiting. Go down a weight class to Featherweight and get a title and then face one of the lesser known jr. lightweight camps. That will keep him busy while his legal issues are ironed out, he earns a good payday and gets his titles to cement his leagcy as arguably the best Asian boxer ever.

[/quote

I AGREE, BUT THE THING IS, HE'S GETTING HIMSELF INTO OTHER THINGS INSTEAD OF JUST FOCUSING ON BOXING.

THOUGH HE IS A BIG DRAW, TITLE FIGHT OR NOT. ITS ABOUT TIME HE HAS A WORLD TITLE AROUND HIS WAIST.

IF ONLY HE MADE THE RIGHT DECISIONS LAST YEAR BEFORE HIS LAST MORALES FIGHT, BAKA WORLD CHAMP NA SIYA ULI

NGAYON. PERSONALLY, HE IS JUST WASTING HIS TIME, TALENT AND THE PEOPLE'S VOTE OVER AT HIS DISTRICT, WITH

THIS POLITICS CRAP!!! HE BELONGS IN THE RING, KNOCKING PEOPLE OUT. NAAAWA AKO SA MGA KA DISTRITO NIYA PAG

NANALO SIYA. WISH THAT DARLENE CUSTODIO KNOCKS HIM OUT PARA NAMAN MATAUHAN.

KAYA SA MGA TIGA 1ST DISTRICT NG SOUTH COTABATO...VOTE DARLENE ANTONINO CUSTODIO!!!! o kaya kung

sino pa man ang tumatakbong pag ka congressman dyan....WAG NA WAG LANG SI pacquiao.

^Couldn't agree with you more. He should just stick to boxing. If he puts his head into it, he can easily earn another $15-20M in good fights (this is not even counting PPV shares which could double the amount).

Fight the good fights, retire on top, get his money then he's free to make a fool of himself in politics.

actually kaya ni pacquiao si solis...pinaglaruan niya lang talaga...pero nung nag-kasugat siya ayun na..binigyan na niya ng binigyan ng suntok...alam naman niya kung kaya niyang tanggapin ang suntok or hindi eh...matalino siya sa ring pero hindi siya matalino paglabas dito...

but still pacman is still the best P4P (pound for pound) boxer for his class...morales,marquez,barrera? hindi tsamba panalo niya jan...panahon lang talaga ni pacman ngayon...try to read www.eastsideboxing.com regarding their comments with pacman...

• 2 weeks later...
Arum eyes Guzman, Barrera for Pacman

By NICK GIONGCO

http://www.mb.com.ph/SPRT2007050293061.html

...SEE, TOLD YOU GUYS, ARUM COULD NEVER GIVE PACQUIAO A CRACK AT MARQUEZ AND THE TITLE. LAKAS NG

LOOB NIYANG ISAMA PA SI BARRERA SA LISTAHAN NIYA EH, WALA NAMAN SA PUDER NIYA SI BARRERA. NILOLOKO

LANG TAYO NIYAN TO DRUM UP INTEREST SA ALAGA NIYANG SI PACQUIAO. PAPERS HERE IN CALIFORNIA SAY

THAT GOLDEN BOY SAY THAT THE ONLY WAY PACQUIAO WOULD HAVE A SHOT AT MARQUEZ IS TO BE UNDER GBP FIRST,

AND THAT GBP AND TOP RANK HAS NOT ONLY A RIFT BUT HATRED FOR EACH OTHER NA ESP AFTER THE PACQUIAO

FIASCO. THEY ALSO SAY THAT ITS THE FILIPINO BOXERS ERA NA, THATS WHY THEY VERY MUCH INTERESTED

IN INVESTING IN FILIPINO BOXERS. FILIPINO BOXERS ARE HARD WORKERS AND PUNCH HARDER. KAYA GANUN NA LANG

ANG INTEREST NILA KAY PACQUIAO. JEWEL DAW SANA SIYA SA CROWN NILA. PERO ALAM NAMAN NATIN KUNG

ANO ANG GINAWA NG KAMPO NIYA....

an excerpt from dan rafael reports on mayweather's...

"When De La Hoya and Mayweather square off for De La Hoya's junior middleweight title and Mayweather's mythical standing as boxing's best pound-for-pound performer, Mayweather believes it will be because he is the one most responsible for making the fight happen.

"I made this fight," Mayweather said. "I'll tell you how smart I was. When you all heard me before he signed the contract -- I am slick and smart -- I talked about him nice, 'He's such a great guy, he's got such a great company.' He said, 'Floyd Mayweather said a lot of good things about me. You know what, I'll fight that kid.' Guess what he did? He said, 'Let's put this fight together.' As soon as I got his name on the paper, then I can say what I want to because I got the fight. Such a great businessman."

The first serious step toward making the fight came in April 2006, when Mayweather exercised a clause in his contract with promoter Top Rank. For $750,000, Mayweather could leave Bob Arum's company, a necessary step, given the rancor that exists between De La Hoya and Arum, also De La Hoya's former promoter.

Mayweather anted up and became a free agent. Had Arum remained involved in Mayweather's career, it is doubtful the fight would have happened. "

eto dapat gayahin ni manny...unfortunately while manny is very smart boxing-wise, sadly however he is not that good in decision making off the ring. pero mas halatang engot mga advisers nya na naturingan mga abogado dahil mukhang puro kapalpakan ang mga payo sa kanya?

I think mas malupit na preparation ang gagawin ni pacman kung si barrera or si marquez ang makakalaban nya.

==========================================================

This is just what am thinking........so 1-1/2 months of preparation....eh kung sakali,,,KUNG SAKALI....manalo si Pacman sa Congress....does it mean, mag absent siya sa session for 1-1/2 months? kagaya din ng mga ibang congressmen ng puro na lang absent? Kagaya rin ni yeng guiao na di na pumapasok sa capitolyo ng pampanga dahil busy sa coaching? sayang tax money natin. Yeng collects his salary from government tapos tayo pumapasok sa office 7-4 or 8-5 may warning pa kapag 5 days na absent (just thinking)