• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

PacMan's Corner

menime

OK, best seat in the house? Okay, sabi mo e. Ask ko lang, tingin mo tlga laging honest tong mga judges na to all the time? Masasabi mo ba yan. I am not sure.

Honest or not, JMM only had the right to complain about these judges PRIOR to the fight. E bakit sya lumaban kung suspetya pala nya dadayain lang siya ng judges?

JMM was put in one in Rd 3. He was almost down din in the same rd. Pagka tapos nun kelan pa ulit? Cgro nun Rd 10, pero that was far and in between. 1 rd doesn't tell it all. Madami din pinasok si JMM na suntok and those were hard punches too in most rounds. Cgro mas matindi lang ang chin ni Manny kaya di cia bumagsak, sa tingin mo hindi?

You really want ME to score the fight round per round? Oh come on. First, get me a ringside seat (where the 3 judges sit). Then reverse the time to when the fight started. And further more, kahit ano pa score card ko, it DOESN'T MATTER. Di naman ako scoring judge e. At yun ang POINT KO. Only 3 people (out of the billions of OPINIONS all over the world) count. Yun ang 3 judges.

This line I just dont get. Kung totoo ka tlga writer at analyst you know what I mean.

Oh that was sarcasm. Meron bang natalo sa sports na walang dahilan/excuse? SHET, I had one marathoner complain to me that "he got tired". For crissakes. Ang hindi ko talaga maintindihan, e bakit TAYO (as in mga Pilipino) ang nag-co-complain? Gets mo ba yun?

First post ko dito, regarding the fight, sinabi ko na that the fight was CLOSE. The decision could have gone EITHER WAY. Had JMM won (officially on the scorecards) I WOULDN'T HAVE COMPLAINED. E bakit nung si PACMAN ang sinuwerte na mabiyayaan ng "close decision" e napaka-ingay ng mga angal ng mga Pinoy? Let the Mexicans complain. Let the JMM fans cry a river. I won't.

No, what I am saying is, kung tlgang confident si Pac na kaya nia si Marquez bkt ayaw nia i rematch agad? Easy money $6 M, bkt hindi? Hanap buhay nia ang Boxing di ba? So ano pa ba ang $6M. Makakuha ba cia ng $6M vs David Diaz? As a fan, nd mo maiiwasan icpn na maybe he's trying to get avoid Marquez, nd kaya?

Ang POINT KO LANG is this. It's PACMAN who gets to CHOOSE his fights. Not you. Not me. Not Recah. Not Ronnie sri-lankan s@%t Nathanielz. If he CHOOSES JMM. Well and good. If not, WE HAVE NO SAY. Wag kang manuod, as a paying customer/televiewer that's all you can do.

LET MANNY choose the BEST FIGHT that will suit HIS CAREER BEST.

-----------------

Peace dude! :)

after every fight, when asked about rematch, manny will immediately answer that he is willing to fight. this time around, manny seems to be avoiding it. his answers during a television interview when told that marquez wants a rematch was not straight forward. he said that ofcoursed marquez wanted a rematch bec of the big bucks he will earn. its seems that manny is bitter that marquez wanted a rematch. he is even the one giving the reasons why marquez wanted it. most of the boxers who are confident will answer yes. and very few try to find an excuse on why the opponent wanted a rematch. to say that "he only wanted a rematch bec of the money, there will be lots of money for him if i agree to a rematch", is like finding reasons not to fight. its surprising, because manny is known for his big mouth and this victory is not as convincing as the other victories he had.

It doesnt matter kung scoring judge ka. That is childish and if I may call it, stupid.

All I am saying is provide your score cards just so we can have something to base on. I can stand on my opinion na nanalo c JMM. I can only give 4 rds at most para kay Pacman. So ikaw, ayaw mo mag score, based lang sa judges, kc sabi ng judge nanalo c Pacman, kaya naniniwala ka na din na deserving winner c Manny, ganon?

Most of the people who saw the fight (at nd lang lahat pinoy) saw the fight for Marquez? There are more people who thinks JMM was the right winner. At yun ang point of contention here.

Ang lumabas kc, sinasabi mo na ABSOLUTE na tama ang mga judges, na hindi cla pd mag kamali na lahat ng cnabi nila tama, na cla lang ang my right na makapag sabi kung sino ang totoo nanalo. Gets ko ba ang pina palabas mo?

Well, cgro official yung cards nila, it cant be overturned nor would it be changed. Fact of the matter is, it is possible na may dayaan at lutuan tlga ng scorecards. At common na yun my name is ang nanalo sa cards na ganito.

Bkt sa tingin mo mas MADAMI ang naniniwala na nanalo c Marquez? At mas kokonti ang naniniwala na c Pacman ang totoong nanalo? Tingin mo wla lang rason yun?

Pero sa totoo lang, yung beating around the bush, you putting forth statements para maka iwas sa totoong usapan.

First off, para malinaw lang ang lahat, JMM made a really strong case na cia ang nanalo sa fyt na un. I kept pointing that out, and this is the reason why I came to discuss this.

JMM is complaining kc he has the right to do so. Most people thought he had the better overall performance like what I have said. And the best thing that he should get is an immediate rematch at this point.

Kung si Pac ang natalo sa close dec, pd naman cgro cia mag reklamo? Cgro meron din mga tao na mag rereklamo para sa kanya, however most feel na si Marquez nga ang more deserving winner? Malinaw nb?

Again, as mentioned already, people are demanding kya nd masasabi wlang business sense if theres a return bout.

Now, the floor is on Pac's.

MY hamon, my offer na $6M. Ano gagawin nia? Will he avoid Marquez? Manny can choose whomever he pleases to fight, cia naman ang lalaban. Pero will it be fair for the paying fans who supports him all that way? Ciempre hindi.

Kung confident tlga cia na kaya nia si Marquez bkt ayaw nia i rematch? Provided pa na he is offered easily the biggest purse sa career nia.

Why would he fight someone na kokonti lang ang interesado sa match up na yun? Di ba, it gives the impression na takot nga cia kay JMM. Fans are clamoring for a 3rd bout, pero ano does it look good for Manny to run away from Marquez? Ciempre hindi. Pero it is his call, people just want Marquez to have a fair shake.

If Manny doesnt like to give a rematch, that is ok. Name naman nia ang ma ke question na iniwasan nia si Marquez. Cgro wla na ang pera at kasikatan nia, pero andun pa din ang marka sa kanya na he avoided JMM when it was easily possible to make.

PS,

Pls don't bring up Ronnie's nationality or race. So what kung Sri Lankan cia? He had alot of contributions sa Phil Sports. Bkt mo naman mamalitiin si Nathanielz just because Sri Lankan cia? RN had it a draw which was an OK card, at mejo favor pa kay Manny. Ako nga sa tingin ko si Marquez nanalo, would you also point out na pinoy lang ako? That is just stupid. Wag ka maging racist tol.

I went to Korea and Taiwan before, hindi mo cgro naiintidihan gano ka sakit at nkaka asar ang ma discriminate.

m just amazed to find out that up to now. almost a week after the fight. d pa rin tapos ang laban/debate as to who really won the fight. and so i thought " business is over". cnt help myself to butt-in and meddle with the commotion in this thread. here's my take on this issue: in my humble POV, i hav seen the fight only through HBO-PPV and watched it numerous times in their reruns, i first beliv that the fight should have been judged as a DRAW. i did not make any attempts to score the fight since by no means im no boxing judge and have no knowledge at all on how professional boxing bouts are judged. assessing the boxers, i found JMM to be the more precise and technical boxer and aggressive fighter the whole 12 rounds of boxing, repeatedly nailing hooks, straights and banging body punches that left MP off-guarded, but was not damaging enough to rock and sink pacman's boat (thought quite enough to cause a bloody cut on MP's eye). on the other hand, MP, by the sheer power and speed of his fist knockdown JMM on the 3rd and almost again dealing another jaw-breaking punch that made JMM's legs wobbly later on. to summarize: JMM statistically landed more punches against MP fewer but powerful damaging shots. if it were amateur boxing JMM was the clear and rightful winner, but since its a professional bout, its simply either you knockdown/knockout your oppenent or simply impress, no need the millions of filipino boxing-fanatic community and self-proclaimed boxing analysts cum experts, but only 3 persons who matters the most in the fight, the official ringside judges. on that instance the three judges—Tom Miller, Duane Ford and Jerry Roth. and that's what MP did! to better understand it all, lets check the score card. i saw this article in the inquirer:

Here’s what we found.

The three judges—Tom Miller, Duane Ford and Jerry Roth—had identical scores up to the fifth round, with Pacquiao ahead, 48-46, as a result of the knockdown.

They finally differed in Round 6, with Roth, the substitute referee whose inclusion was questioned by Marquez’s camp, giving it to Marquez. Miller and Ford sided with Pacquiao.

Again, the judges had similar scores, all for Marquez in Rounds 7 and 8, allowing the Mexican to close in, 75-76.

Miller and Ford saw Pacquiao as the Round 9 winner, with Roth choosing Marquez.

All three judges gave the 10th to Pacquiao and the 11th to Marquez.

Miller and Roth also awarded the 12th round to Marquez, rendering inconsequential Ford’s score for Pacquiao.

Roth wound up with a 115-112 score for Marquez, the same score given by Ford to Pacquiao. Miller clinched it for the Filipino ring superstar by a point, 114-113.

Based on the final punch statistics, however, Marquez had the edge.

Though Pacquiao threw more punches, 619-511, Marquez landed more 172-157.

Pacquiao also unleashed more jabs, 314-201, connecting 43 times as against Marquez’s 42.

On power punches thrown, Marquez had a slight edge, 310-305, and also scored more, 130-114.

Filipino international referee-judge Ver Abainza, who saw the fight at the Mandalay Bay’s The Hotel, said he gave the fight to Pacquiao, 114-113.

Abainza explained that every judge uses his own evaluation and perspective in scoring, so differences are a normal occurrence.

now i beliv will all my heart that MP deserves to be ajudged as the new superfeatherweight champion! irregardless of what i and a million others has to say! only 3 votes counts!

all i can say is theyre not playing in the olympics, w/c is based on pts.. it was a proffessional bout.. judges can overturn their scorecards if they see the fighter that's more aggressive than the other. mybe JMM's style is not good enough for the judges when he fought pacquiao..

@0range1,

Ilang beses ba na discriminate ni Ronnie Nathanielz si Manny? baka nakakalimot ka.> hahhahahaha.

Saka matanong ko lang? Sira ba keyboard mo? ang sakit kasi sa mata basahin puro TEXTSPEAKS.

eto lang masasabi ko sayo:

Watch HBO-PPV

Edited by djrs

This is just bullshit. The ignorance is so annoying.

So ang sinasabi nio, we disregard the majority of the rounds na nakuha ni Marquez? Wow. Kaya pala mukang wlang nakaka intindi kc hindi alam kung pano ang scoring sa Boxing.

For goodness sake, there are 12 rounds. Every round is scored 10-9. 10 for the the fighter who is thought to win the rounds. 9 naman para sa kalaban. Pag my knockdown -1 point yun sa na tumba, so nagiging 10-8. If there is another KD, -1 point ulit. Yung 10-6 (in case of a 3 KD scenerio) is on the discretion of the judge really. Kaya my usapan dati kung tama ba ng 10-6 or 10-7 na score sa 1st fyt ni Pac-JMM. After 12 rounds, ina add lahat ng 10-9 (or 10-8, 7,6) kung sino lamang dun, cia panalo.

Ang scoring sa Boxing, hindi tinitingnan ang mga muka pagkatapos ng laban, kung sino mas damaged o kung sino mas nasaktan. Tinitingnan yun kung sino ang mas effective sa isang buo round. Again, ina add lahat ng scores sa round at yun mas mataas ang score cia ang panalo.

So I was talking all of these at wla pala nakaka intindi kung pano ang scoring ng Boxing? Kaya pala, niloloko ko lang sarili ko. Waa. Na bwesit lang ako. Dami palang ignorante d2.

I am done here. Wlang alam sa Boxing ampuptang ina. Nasira lang araw ko. Kala ko pa naman my mga alam. Sus ginoo.

Edited by 0range1
I am done here. Wlang alam sa Boxing ampuptang ina. Nasira lang araw ko. Kala ko pa naman my mga alam. Sus ginoo.

your simply eating back your words. i thought your against those who discriminate. you are discriminating as well. "Kala ko pa naman my mga alam". as everyone is entitled to their own opinions, factual or simply out of this world entries and to post all their inner rants and wranglings! feel free to do whatever you think is best for you....peace!

ARE YOU GUYS BOXING GURUS? you are all acting like one!

if someone sees it for marquez, so be it.

if someone sees it for pacquiao, then respect that.

ALL we need in here is respect. stop acting like children guys.

the fight was too close to call. and btw, before i forget, THERE ARE LOTS OF BLIND FOLLWERS HERE. and you know, you can't win against those types.

^ Thanks for the lengthy post up there kapitan_kidlat2001! :thumbsupsmiley: That was very objective and very educational.

Actually, I never claimed that I am a boxing expert... but I am a boxing FAN. I am no expert but I have had my share of watching a lot of boxing fights. I've seen a lot of championship fights as well and I've seen champions win and retain their belts and I've also seen champions being dethroned.

My point simply is... Marquez has not done enough to show that he is the champion and he should keep his belt and Pacquiao has done enough to show that he can go toe-to-toe with the champion and bring him down and hurt him.

I'm not saying that we should disregard the scorecards. Damn, those scorecards are the reason why PacMan won the title! Natatawa lang ako kasi may mga taong nagsasabi ng kahalagahan ng scorecards, how they should be properly well... scored, or how they should be used. The bottomline is, the judges scored the fight and according to the two of them, PacMan won.

Now... this is what ticks me off... PacMan wins and then suddenly, fans oh... make that Filipino fans, came out saying that there's discrepancy in the scoring. WTF?! Did they mean to say bayaran at nandaya yung 2 judges? I say dalawa kasi integrity and tinitira nila eh! Kung bayaran si Ford dahil sa kanya malinaw na panalo si PacMan, syempre tapat lalabas si Roth... eh ano itatawag natin kay Miller? Tanga o bayaran din? Tanga kasi kung tama si Roth, malabo mata niya. Kung bayaran naman... kasi nga panalo sa card niya si PacMan. Naiitindihan nyo ba punto ko?

There have been a lot of forumers claiming na they're just being objective... objective my ass! Unless they can prove to me that there is indeed CHEATING on our part in the "Unfinished Business," PacMan's my champ!

Sa mga nagsasabing ignorante kami sa boxing, ok lang. Tutal MAGALING kayo eh! Magaling kayo kaya dapat scorecards ninyo ang nasunod. Dapat panalo si Marquez. Letse!

Basta ako masaya ako kasi panalo si Pacquiao. Malinis at walang daya. Kaya may mga taong mababa ang tingin sa ating mga Pilipino eh... tayo mismo, ayaw nating suportahan ang sarili nating kababayan. Tengna, kahiya-hiya ba ang ipinakita ni Pacquiao at hindi ninyo kayang maging masaya para sa mga kababayan natin?!

Uulitin ko... kung TOTALLY OUTCLASSED si Pacquiao dun sa laban, ako mismo mangunguna sa campaign signature para isauli na Pacquiao ang belt kay Marquez. But NO... they're all claiming it's TOO CLOSE TO CALL. Correct me if I'm wrong but it could only mean that BOTH fighters fought LAMELY, or BOTH fighters fought SPLENDIDLY. Right? Hindi pwedeng isa lang ang lame at isa lang ang splendid... kasi kung ganun - di natin dapat yung tawagin na TOO CLOSE TO CALL.

Ngayon dyan sa mga sangrekwang nagmamagaling at nagsasabing dapat panalo si Marquez... wag na lang ninyong sabihing close fight yun. I dare you - tell me that Marquez WON... no ifs and buts! Wala nang close-close pa na nalalaman. That would mean na mas dapat kayong maging judge sa boxing kesa kay Miller at Ford di ba? C'mon... hinahamon ko kayo... DRAW THE LINE. Saka tayo mag-usap kung bakit dapat panalo si Marquez at hindi dapat si Pacquiao!

Mga tinamaan kayo nang magaling... kung sa tingin ninyo di dapat hangaan si Pacquiao or if you can't be happy that a fellow Filipino bested a Mexican in a CLOSE CONTEST... just shut your yap! <_<

Edited by Legionnaire
Ang problema sa pinoy e, pag tayo na daya reklamo tau ng reklamo, e pag tau naman ang mejo nakalamang, kalimutan na lang? It nice and good, pero it doesnt make it right.

Nah. Ang problema ng pinoy, reklamo tayo pag natalo tayo. Reklamo pa rin kung manalo tayo.

haha!!! this was funny... :evil:

congrats to manny,, the fight wasn't what i was hoping for but im still glad pacman won.... :thumbsupsmiley:

makikipost lang to congratulate Manny!

I will leave the technicalities to others as they seem to be the expert. Para sakin lang, it was a close fight, fortunately for Manny he was favored in the scoring.

Marquez could have won, which I will not question either kasi close fight nga. Natutuwa lang talaga ako si Manny ang nanalo.

Edited by emorocker

CGURO sa loob loob ni marquez pinagtatawanan ang mga pinoy. naisahan ang bansa. imagine madami ang naniniwala na nanalo si marquez. isa pa hindi ko naexperience ang nangyari sa pacman-marquez2. sa pacman marquez1 walang nagpost sa blogs noon. though mas sikat basahin ang blogs nun dahil kakasikat lang a year ago. ngayon susme kala mo nagnakaw sa pacman.

sa pacman-maquez1 umamin ang isang judge na nagkamali sya ng sulat ng scoring. habang sa pacman marquez 2 walang umamin na nagkamali sila. firm and clear ang mga naging decision nila.

si marquez is boxing tactician. kilala sya as in parang boxing scientist. kaya nyang papaniwalain ang simpleng nanood ng boxing. so bakit nga ba ang judge hindi sya makapanalo. dahil hindi nya kayang lituhin ang judge. tayo kaya nyang lituhin. may nagsabi na nung decision parang tanggap na pacman na talo sya kasi pormang feel at sure si marquez na panalo sya. style nya yun para i mindset tayo para mafeel natin na sya ang totoong nanalo. bago pa man tayo magjudge maimpluwensyahan na tayo nung nakikita natin and we forget the whole fight. napakasinungaling ni marquez. sorry sa fans ni marquez pero bago ko to sinabi sure ako sa sinabi ko.

sabi nya hindi sya nasaktan sa pacman-marquez1??? kalokohan. he suffer big from the mexican assasin. after 3 knockdown sa 1round nadurog ang ilong nya. thanks sa cornerman nya na magaling magtago. but his shorts cannot deny the truth, andaming dugo.

hindi sya nasaktan? pero bakit after that fight mga pipitsuging boxer ang nilabanan nya? well simple lang. yung mga huling laban ni pacman ang gagawin nyang basehan para labanan si pacman. so maghihintay sya ng "good chances"after pacman -marquez1 nilabanan nya si Orlando Salido, Victor Polo at Chris John. dahil na rin sa rekomendasyon ng kanyang coach at doctor sa matinding inabot nya kay pacman. hindi halata pero tinahi ang ilong nya that time. ang laban na sinasabi nyang round 1 lang nanalo si pacman. cguro hindi nya pinanood ang video. may mga round syang hindi naipanalo.

sabi ng hbo dapat ngayon patunayan ni marquez its his chance kaso naulit lang ang sa pacman-marquez1. idag dag mo yung low blow at yung pag initiate nya ng jabs na hindi tumatama yun na ba absehan nya para manalo.

pacman has nothing to prooved while marquez kinukwestyon yung pag iwas nya sa malalakas na boxengero tulad ni barrera(2004) at morales(2002). the sasabihin nya sya ang the best in his division?

ngayon bakit ko sinasabing sinungaling sya? kung magaling syang magsinungaling hindi mahirap sa kanya ang mangulang sa loob ng ring. tulad ng pormang madaming jabs. na think kung talagang naconvince nya ang judge panalo na sya. or unconvincing jabs ang nakita ng judge? i dont htink na nanalo sya. pwedeng draw pero hindi sya nanalo lalo na sa performance nya. hindi dahil sa may naipanalo syang round panalo sya. binilang nya ang naipanalo nya round bilanganin naman nya ang pinatalo nya at yung knockdown nya plus dapat may deduction yung low blows nya. kung ganun dapat talo sya or either draw.

double standard lang talaga ang pinoy. gusto natin pag nanalo knockdown. as i remember bago ang laban na pag daw umabot ng round 12 definitely talo si pacman. parang wala syang karapatang umabot ng round 12. so naka mind set nanaman tayo. pero ang totoo closed fight pero may reason bakit nanalo si pacman. yung sinabi ng ring magazine na si marquez ang nanalo way lang nila yun para lumakas ang hatak at mas makakuha ng maraming viewer ang magiging pacman-marquez 3. sabi nga ni larry merchant. bigger emotion among viewer is a bigger buzz coming to make a matches by the promotions nad its only about money.

hindi na kailangan ng pacman-marquez3 para malaman kung sino ang mas magaling sa dalawa.

search na lang sa http://boxing.about.com/ ang boxing records ng favorite boxer natin. dun magrereflect who is the better.

sino pinaniniwalan ko? hindi si marquez (as he said from round 2-12 he win sa pacman-marquez1 i think his a big liar)

yung dami ng jabs?( ill do that sa sa 2008 olympic in boxing competition)

records and judge a is way much better. marquez is a good showman. while he keeps on escaping from other boxing greats but he admit to himself that he is the best in his division. eh bakit hindi nya labanan si edwin valero at in ji chi before??? kasi those guys are wiling to bring him down just to have a multimillion match. mas hindi nakakahiya kung si pacman ang tatalo sa kanya.