PacMan's Corner

menime

m just amazed to find out that up to now. almost a week after the fight. d pa rin tapos ang laban/debate as to who really won the fight. and so i thought " business is over". cnt help myself to butt-in and meddle with the commotion in this thread. here's my take on this issue: in my humble POV, i hav seen the fight only through HBO-PPV and watched it numerous times in their reruns, i first beliv that the fight should have been judged as a DRAW. i did not make any attempts to score the fight since by no means im no boxing judge and have no knowledge at all on how professional boxing bouts are judged. assessing the boxers, i found JMM to be the more precise and technical boxer and aggressive fighter the whole 12 rounds of boxing, repeatedly nailing hooks, straights and banging body punches that left MP off-guarded, but was not damaging enough to rock and sink pacman's boat (thought quite enough to cause a bloody cut on MP's eye). on the other hand, MP, by the sheer power and speed of his fist knockdown JMM on the 3rd and almost again dealing another jaw-breaking punch that made JMM's legs wobbly later on. to summarize: JMM statistically landed more punches against MP fewer but powerful damaging shots. if it were amateur boxing JMM was the clear and rightful winner, but since its a professional bout, its simply either you knockdown/knockout your oppenent or simply impress, no need the millions of filipino boxing-fanatic community and self-proclaimed boxing analysts cum experts, but only 3 persons who matters the most in the fight, the official ringside judges. on that instance the three judges—Tom Miller, Duane Ford and Jerry Roth. and that's what MP did! to better understand it all, lets check the score card. i saw this article in the inquirer:

Here’s what we found.

The three judges—Tom Miller, Duane Ford and Jerry Roth—had identical scores up to the fifth round, with Pacquiao ahead, 48-46, as a result of the knockdown.

They finally differed in Round 6, with Roth, the substitute referee whose inclusion was questioned by Marquez’s camp, giving it to Marquez. Miller and Ford sided with Pacquiao.

Again, the judges had similar scores, all for Marquez in Rounds 7 and 8, allowing the Mexican to close in, 75-76.

Miller and Ford saw Pacquiao as the Round 9 winner, with Roth choosing Marquez.

All three judges gave the 10th to Pacquiao and the 11th to Marquez.

Miller and Roth also awarded the 12th round to Marquez, rendering inconsequential Ford’s score for Pacquiao.

Roth wound up with a 115-112 score for Marquez, the same score given by Ford to Pacquiao. Miller clinched it for the Filipino ring superstar by a point, 114-113.

Based on the final punch statistics, however, Marquez had the edge.

Though Pacquiao threw more punches, 619-511, Marquez landed more 172-157.

Pacquiao also unleashed more jabs, 314-201, connecting 43 times as against Marquez’s 42.

On power punches thrown, Marquez had a slight edge, 310-305, and also scored more, 130-114.

Filipino international referee-judge Ver Abainza, who saw the fight at the Mandalay Bay’s The Hotel, said he gave the fight to Pacquiao, 114-113.

Abainza explained that every judge uses his own evaluation and perspective in scoring, so differences are a normal occurrence.

now i beliv will all my heart that MP deserves to be ajudged as the new superfeatherweight champion! irregardless of what i and a million others has to say! only 3 votes counts!

all i can say is theyre not playing in the olympics, w/c is based on pts.. it was a proffessional bout.. judges can overturn their scorecards if they see the fighter that's more aggressive than the other. mybe JMM's style is not good enough for the judges when he fought pacquiao..

@0range1,

Ilang beses ba na discriminate ni Ronnie Nathanielz si Manny? baka nakakalimot ka.> hahhahahaha.

Saka matanong ko lang? Sira ba keyboard mo? ang sakit kasi sa mata basahin puro TEXTSPEAKS.

eto lang masasabi ko sayo:

Watch HBO-PPV

Edited by djrs

This is just bullshit. The ignorance is so annoying.

So ang sinasabi nio, we disregard the majority of the rounds na nakuha ni Marquez? Wow. Kaya pala mukang wlang nakaka intindi kc hindi alam kung pano ang scoring sa Boxing.

For goodness sake, there are 12 rounds. Every round is scored 10-9. 10 for the the fighter who is thought to win the rounds. 9 naman para sa kalaban. Pag my knockdown -1 point yun sa na tumba, so nagiging 10-8. If there is another KD, -1 point ulit. Yung 10-6 (in case of a 3 KD scenerio) is on the discretion of the judge really. Kaya my usapan dati kung tama ba ng 10-6 or 10-7 na score sa 1st fyt ni Pac-JMM. After 12 rounds, ina add lahat ng 10-9 (or 10-8, 7,6) kung sino lamang dun, cia panalo.

Ang scoring sa Boxing, hindi tinitingnan ang mga muka pagkatapos ng laban, kung sino mas damaged o kung sino mas nasaktan. Tinitingnan yun kung sino ang mas effective sa isang buo round. Again, ina add lahat ng scores sa round at yun mas mataas ang score cia ang panalo.

So I was talking all of these at wla pala nakaka intindi kung pano ang scoring ng Boxing? Kaya pala, niloloko ko lang sarili ko. Waa. Na bwesit lang ako. Dami palang ignorante d2.

I am done here. Wlang alam sa Boxing ampuptang ina. Nasira lang araw ko. Kala ko pa naman my mga alam. Sus ginoo.

Edited by 0range1
I am done here. Wlang alam sa Boxing ampuptang ina. Nasira lang araw ko. Kala ko pa naman my mga alam. Sus ginoo.

your simply eating back your words. i thought your against those who discriminate. you are discriminating as well. "Kala ko pa naman my mga alam". as everyone is entitled to their own opinions, factual or simply out of this world entries and to post all their inner rants and wranglings! feel free to do whatever you think is best for you....peace!

ARE YOU GUYS BOXING GURUS? you are all acting like one!

if someone sees it for marquez, so be it.

if someone sees it for pacquiao, then respect that.

ALL we need in here is respect. stop acting like children guys.

the fight was too close to call. and btw, before i forget, THERE ARE LOTS OF BLIND FOLLWERS HERE. and you know, you can't win against those types.

^ Thanks for the lengthy post up there kapitan_kidlat2001! :thumbsupsmiley: That was very objective and very educational.

Actually, I never claimed that I am a boxing expert... but I am a boxing FAN. I am no expert but I have had my share of watching a lot of boxing fights. I've seen a lot of championship fights as well and I've seen champions win and retain their belts and I've also seen champions being dethroned.

My point simply is... Marquez has not done enough to show that he is the champion and he should keep his belt and Pacquiao has done enough to show that he can go toe-to-toe with the champion and bring him down and hurt him.

I'm not saying that we should disregard the scorecards. Damn, those scorecards are the reason why PacMan won the title! Natatawa lang ako kasi may mga taong nagsasabi ng kahalagahan ng scorecards, how they should be properly well... scored, or how they should be used. The bottomline is, the judges scored the fight and according to the two of them, PacMan won.

Now... this is what ticks me off... PacMan wins and then suddenly, fans oh... make that Filipino fans, came out saying that there's discrepancy in the scoring. WTF?! Did they mean to say bayaran at nandaya yung 2 judges? I say dalawa kasi integrity and tinitira nila eh! Kung bayaran si Ford dahil sa kanya malinaw na panalo si PacMan, syempre tapat lalabas si Roth... eh ano itatawag natin kay Miller? Tanga o bayaran din? Tanga kasi kung tama si Roth, malabo mata niya. Kung bayaran naman... kasi nga panalo sa card niya si PacMan. Naiitindihan nyo ba punto ko?

There have been a lot of forumers claiming na they're just being objective... objective my ass! Unless they can prove to me that there is indeed CHEATING on our part in the "Unfinished Business," PacMan's my champ!

Sa mga nagsasabing ignorante kami sa boxing, ok lang. Tutal MAGALING kayo eh! Magaling kayo kaya dapat scorecards ninyo ang nasunod. Dapat panalo si Marquez. Letse!

Basta ako masaya ako kasi panalo si Pacquiao. Malinis at walang daya. Kaya may mga taong mababa ang tingin sa ating mga Pilipino eh... tayo mismo, ayaw nating suportahan ang sarili nating kababayan. Tengna, kahiya-hiya ba ang ipinakita ni Pacquiao at hindi ninyo kayang maging masaya para sa mga kababayan natin?!

Uulitin ko... kung TOTALLY OUTCLASSED si Pacquiao dun sa laban, ako mismo mangunguna sa campaign signature para isauli na Pacquiao ang belt kay Marquez. But NO... they're all claiming it's TOO CLOSE TO CALL. Correct me if I'm wrong but it could only mean that BOTH fighters fought LAMELY, or BOTH fighters fought SPLENDIDLY. Right? Hindi pwedeng isa lang ang lame at isa lang ang splendid... kasi kung ganun - di natin dapat yung tawagin na TOO CLOSE TO CALL.

Ngayon dyan sa mga sangrekwang nagmamagaling at nagsasabing dapat panalo si Marquez... wag na lang ninyong sabihing close fight yun. I dare you - tell me that Marquez WON... no ifs and buts! Wala nang close-close pa na nalalaman. That would mean na mas dapat kayong maging judge sa boxing kesa kay Miller at Ford di ba? C'mon... hinahamon ko kayo... DRAW THE LINE. Saka tayo mag-usap kung bakit dapat panalo si Marquez at hindi dapat si Pacquiao!

Mga tinamaan kayo nang magaling... kung sa tingin ninyo di dapat hangaan si Pacquiao or if you can't be happy that a fellow Filipino bested a Mexican in a CLOSE CONTEST... just shut your yap! <_<

Edited by Legionnaire
Ang problema sa pinoy e, pag tayo na daya reklamo tau ng reklamo, e pag tau naman ang mejo nakalamang, kalimutan na lang? It nice and good, pero it doesnt make it right.

Nah. Ang problema ng pinoy, reklamo tayo pag natalo tayo. Reklamo pa rin kung manalo tayo.

haha!!! this was funny... :evil:

congrats to manny,, the fight wasn't what i was hoping for but im still glad pacman won.... :thumbsupsmiley:

makikipost lang to congratulate Manny!

I will leave the technicalities to others as they seem to be the expert. Para sakin lang, it was a close fight, fortunately for Manny he was favored in the scoring.

Marquez could have won, which I will not question either kasi close fight nga. Natutuwa lang talaga ako si Manny ang nanalo.

Edited by emorocker

CGURO sa loob loob ni marquez pinagtatawanan ang mga pinoy. naisahan ang bansa. imagine madami ang naniniwala na nanalo si marquez. isa pa hindi ko naexperience ang nangyari sa pacman-marquez2. sa pacman marquez1 walang nagpost sa blogs noon. though mas sikat basahin ang blogs nun dahil kakasikat lang a year ago. ngayon susme kala mo nagnakaw sa pacman.

sa pacman-maquez1 umamin ang isang judge na nagkamali sya ng sulat ng scoring. habang sa pacman marquez 2 walang umamin na nagkamali sila. firm and clear ang mga naging decision nila.

si marquez is boxing tactician. kilala sya as in parang boxing scientist. kaya nyang papaniwalain ang simpleng nanood ng boxing. so bakit nga ba ang judge hindi sya makapanalo. dahil hindi nya kayang lituhin ang judge. tayo kaya nyang lituhin. may nagsabi na nung decision parang tanggap na pacman na talo sya kasi pormang feel at sure si marquez na panalo sya. style nya yun para i mindset tayo para mafeel natin na sya ang totoong nanalo. bago pa man tayo magjudge maimpluwensyahan na tayo nung nakikita natin and we forget the whole fight. napakasinungaling ni marquez. sorry sa fans ni marquez pero bago ko to sinabi sure ako sa sinabi ko.

sabi nya hindi sya nasaktan sa pacman-marquez1??? kalokohan. he suffer big from the mexican assasin. after 3 knockdown sa 1round nadurog ang ilong nya. thanks sa cornerman nya na magaling magtago. but his shorts cannot deny the truth, andaming dugo.

hindi sya nasaktan? pero bakit after that fight mga pipitsuging boxer ang nilabanan nya? well simple lang. yung mga huling laban ni pacman ang gagawin nyang basehan para labanan si pacman. so maghihintay sya ng "good chances"after pacman -marquez1 nilabanan nya si Orlando Salido, Victor Polo at Chris John. dahil na rin sa rekomendasyon ng kanyang coach at doctor sa matinding inabot nya kay pacman. hindi halata pero tinahi ang ilong nya that time. ang laban na sinasabi nyang round 1 lang nanalo si pacman. cguro hindi nya pinanood ang video. may mga round syang hindi naipanalo.

sabi ng hbo dapat ngayon patunayan ni marquez its his chance kaso naulit lang ang sa pacman-marquez1. idag dag mo yung low blow at yung pag initiate nya ng jabs na hindi tumatama yun na ba absehan nya para manalo.

pacman has nothing to prooved while marquez kinukwestyon yung pag iwas nya sa malalakas na boxengero tulad ni barrera(2004) at morales(2002). the sasabihin nya sya ang the best in his division?

ngayon bakit ko sinasabing sinungaling sya? kung magaling syang magsinungaling hindi mahirap sa kanya ang mangulang sa loob ng ring. tulad ng pormang madaming jabs. na think kung talagang naconvince nya ang judge panalo na sya. or unconvincing jabs ang nakita ng judge? i dont htink na nanalo sya. pwedeng draw pero hindi sya nanalo lalo na sa performance nya. hindi dahil sa may naipanalo syang round panalo sya. binilang nya ang naipanalo nya round bilanganin naman nya ang pinatalo nya at yung knockdown nya plus dapat may deduction yung low blows nya. kung ganun dapat talo sya or either draw.

double standard lang talaga ang pinoy. gusto natin pag nanalo knockdown. as i remember bago ang laban na pag daw umabot ng round 12 definitely talo si pacman. parang wala syang karapatang umabot ng round 12. so naka mind set nanaman tayo. pero ang totoo closed fight pero may reason bakit nanalo si pacman. yung sinabi ng ring magazine na si marquez ang nanalo way lang nila yun para lumakas ang hatak at mas makakuha ng maraming viewer ang magiging pacman-marquez 3. sabi nga ni larry merchant. bigger emotion among viewer is a bigger buzz coming to make a matches by the promotions nad its only about money.

hindi na kailangan ng pacman-marquez3 para malaman kung sino ang mas magaling sa dalawa.

search na lang sa http://boxing.about.com/ ang boxing records ng favorite boxer natin. dun magrereflect who is the better.

sino pinaniniwalan ko? hindi si marquez (as he said from round 2-12 he win sa pacman-marquez1 i think his a big liar)

yung dami ng jabs?( ill do that sa sa 2008 olympic in boxing competition)

records and judge a is way much better. marquez is a good showman. while he keeps on escaping from other boxing greats but he admit to himself that he is the best in his division. eh bakit hindi nya labanan si edwin valero at in ji chi before??? kasi those guys are wiling to bring him down just to have a multimillion match. mas hindi nakakahiya kung si pacman ang tatalo sa kanya.

Orange1,

I will no longer answer your post point on point. I think masyado ka ng mainit. You've already called me stupid. That's ok, I will let that pass.

SIMPLE fact. Ilang rounds, sa entire fight was SO CLOSE, that it came down to judges discretion? Answer that. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has got one. And as far as the rulebook goes, only the OPINION of 3 (the JUDGES) count. Naiintindhan mo ba yon? Kung ang decision ng 3 ay para kay JMM, we have no choice but accept it. Either play by the rules or don't play at all. Gets?

And I apologize for what you interpret as a racial racial discrimination against RN. That I called him a Sri Lankan, is a statement of fact. Nothing to it. That wasn't racial discrimination. If I call you Pinoy, is that racial discrimination?

That I called him s@%t, is also a statement of fact. This is the asslicker who once called Marcos the greatest president ever! Hahahaha... Furthermore, this crabhead has been trying to pull down Manny for the longest time. Even before Manny fought against Erik Morales. Ito ang naglabas ng tsismis na hindi na daw Pinoy si Manny, dahil green card holder na, na sugarol si Manny, na hindi nag-tre-training si Manny, etc. etc. Siguro hindi nabalutuan.

Ok, I will say something nice about RN. One time, it was PTV 4 who was official TV coverage of a sports event. I was working for a block-timer with RPN 9, and we were just there to cover it. But the thing is, I have developed this rapport with Ed Lasquete (remember him?), so I was FIRST to interview the guy after he had just won the pole vault event. PTV 4 was on live (we were to air the weekend). But RN gave way. In contrast, ABS-CBN assholes would have elbowed around me. Not RN. So, in that sense, he is a "nice" guy. But as far his crab tactics against Manny? f#&k him.

bro. i have d same feelings w orange bro. im here in taiwan most dis stupid taiwanese think they r better than as pinoy.... hirap....

sa akin kung d napabagsak ni pacman si marquez talo sya dito..... beside bumawi si marquez kaso iba yung may knockout malaki ang puntos....

cool bro. he he he....

I have said enough about the fyt and will not go back and forth about it.

Re: Ronnie Nathanielz.

Yes, it is discrimination if you attack him by basis of his ethnic or national origin. This aspect has nothing to do with Boxing (our topic at hand), it is more of a low blow at personal attack.

If you wish to criticize RN, you can do so. I must say though that trying to discredit him by pointing out his origin is thinking backwards, and distasteful.

Discrimination is an attitude against another simply becos that person comes from somewhere else or belongs to another group. So you asking if a pinoy calling another pinoy is discriminatory? It is not. Same as black homies calling another 'niggers'. It is not the same for whites to call blacks "niggers' though right? That is the same with you calling RN Sri Lankan. That is simply racist and insulting, and of course we dont want to do that.

You will understand all of this when you go abroad and when you are discriminated yourself.

Now, I understand your comments against RN stemmed out from the rumours that he hurled against Manny. They may or may not be true.

Let me just say this, RN is a man who has done alot of contributions not only for Philippine Boxing, but also for the whole of Philippine Sports. He is an addition to the lack of sports contributors d2 satin. Hopefully, we stop alienating and treating him like second class.

He did an honest to goodness work on Paq-Marquez 2 anyway.

@Orange1

kinakampihan/pinaniniwalaan mo lang kasi eto e..

Donaire, Nathanielz, Recah Trinidad, Ring Magazine..

si donaire nga Gave Marquez the First Round e... 10-9 for Marquez!

ang nakakatawa pa dun e yung tatlong OFFICIAL JUDGE gave it 10-9 for MANNY!

tapos pinanood namin sa HBO-PPV at Solar Sports... sa HBO-PPV MALINIS NA PANALO SI Pacman sa Round 1 isa lang ang solid na suntok na pinasok ni JMM kay MP sa Round1 hahahahha...

Ika nga nung commentator sa HBO yung mga suntok ni JMM kay MP puro Half PUNCH na sa Glove lang tumatama then wala ng power pag tumama kay pacman...

ORANGE1=ROUND 1 mo diba kay Marquez? hahahahhahaha.

DJRS:

I have said enough about the fyt. It is nice to rehash all of these things again, pro sa tingin ko this has been dragged too far.

All I am saying is that JMM has made an overall nice performance that makes him more deserving of an immediate rematch. The results are disputed. I thought Marquez won. And the best that, JMM should get is another crack at Manny.

As a fan, I'd like to know who is the better fyter bet Manny and Juan. There is a demand for a 3rd fyt and I believe Marquez and a $6M offer is ready. C Pacman na lang ang hini hintay.

I have made it clear that I wasn't knocking Manny down. He won, it was a hard fought battle. I still am a fan, and I will continue to be a fan. My opinion is solely to see a 3rd fyt.

Also again, regarding Ronnie Nathanielz, you can choose to criticize him. You can do so. IF you do however, please let us not bring about racist comments. It would be a better discussion f things r talked on the context of Boxing, at wlang mga side comments na degrading.

Edited by 0range1
I thought Marquez won. And the best that, JMM should get is another crack at Manny.

Si RN nga lagi may Side comments e... hehehehehehhe.

pati nga si NINOY AQUINO binanatan nya din dati.. ehehehehhee.

ohh. and by the way this thread is about MP winning the fight..

maghintay ka lang mangyayari yun 3rd fight mo... after MP vs. Diaz..

then fight sila sa 135lbs..

-Di pa pala convincing na 4X bumagsak si JMM sa 24rounds nila..

-DI papala convincing na umamin na yung Judge nung Game 1 na nagkamali sa scoring..

-Di pa pala convincing na morethan 4X Low Blow(Hip-Shots) ang natanggap ni Pacman kay Marquez sa Last fight pero no point deduction!

-Di pa pala convincing sayo na Round 1 e KAY PACMAN according sa 3 OFFICIAL JUDGES? (i am willing to give you a copy of HBO bilangin mo kung ilan ang pumasok na suntok ni pacman! lamang na lamang sya sa rd.1)

-Di pa pala convincing na yung CUT ni Marquez sa Taas ng Mata e SUNTOK ni PACMAN! (i can prove it to you may CD

ako ng laban nila mas malinaw at kitang kita ang mga suntok)

-Di pa pala convincing yung 2nd Knockout na humawak sa ROPE si JMM nung 3rd Round e hindi nakita ni BAYLESS na dapat automatic 10-7 Round yun.

-Di pala convincing na ilang BESES din Na staggared si Marquez sa LABAN. pero si pacman 1-2X lang.

==

kasi ang convincing sayo siguro KO ni pacman si marquez.. alam mo naman kung gaano ka tindi conditioning ni Marquez duh?!

tanong ko sayo ano ba ang CONVINCING WIN sayo?

manny should learn to be humble. overall, talo sya. wag sya masyadong mayabang. e wasak nga ang mukha nya e at masakit ang katawan nya di ba? he should just thank god na pinalusot sya.

PROVE IT NA TALO SYA OVERALL. hahahahaha.

asan wasak na mukha?

nagyabang ba sya?

hindi GOD ang nagpalusot dyan..

kaya nga may OFFICIAL FIGHT JUDGES E.

another Manny HATER.

talo ka siguro sa pustahan.

Edited by djrs
Ok. This is a LEGITIMATE observation. But let me explain something. First let me tell you that I worked as a sports reporter/writer some time ago. And here is the thing. YOU HAVE TO BE THERE to know what really went on. Those "spectacular punches" by JMM? Might have looked good on TV, but may NOT have any power from the vantage point of a judge sitting by the ringside. This is PRO-BOXING. Scoring punches are worth dick. Judges look at how JMM/Manny reacted to the punches of the other. Damage report? JMM was on the brink of getting knocked-out. Sure, there was a brief time when Manny looked groggy too. But bottomline is, JMM was more damaged than Manny.

As for the "maraming naniniwala na si JMM nanalo", who gives a f#&k? This is not a democracy. The opinion of Recah Trinidad, Chino Trinidad, that assh*le sri-lankan trying to pass for a Filipino Nathanielsz ain't worth jack. Naniwala ba ang olympic body sa kanila when they protested Onyok being cheated? So why should we listen to these f#&kers now when they are doubting our own? As I've said before, only the opinion of 3, the judges, count. And 2 of 3 says Manny won. So tough, JMM fans. Crying a river about it ain't gonna help your boy any.

Rematch? Again, sure! Pero, pila si JMM sa back of the line. Manny calls the shots. JMM NEEDS Manny. Manny doesn't need JMM. To the Recah Trinidad's who think this is still an unfinished business, let them suit up, earn a boxing career for themselves, and fight JMM all day and all night. Mga miron lang ang mga ogag na ito. Bakit pakikinggan ni Manny sila? Will Recah pay Manny 5 M USD should Manny get permanently injured? t#ang%na. Ang dali magka-opinion. They (and for a time, me) got paid by the column inch to write opinions out of our asses. :) But hell no. I NEVER ventured to tell anybody how to manage their careers.

hmm.. it maybe true that u were a sports writer/reporter some time ago.

but u dont talk like one, so i doubt it

@skitz,

amen to that.. same view here. hehehehehe.

hindi maraming naniniwala na panalo si pacman... maraming naloko ng SOLAR SPORTS at commentator lalo na si donaire... at maraming SARADO isip...

imagine sa scorecards ng tatlong judge sa RD.1 10-9 lahat sila na panalo si Pacman sa Round 1! tapos dito dami nag post na Round 1 daw kay Marquez.

pero pag pinanood mo sa replay ng HBO-PPV ang linaw linaw si pacman ang panalo sa round 1... mas maraming pumasok na suntok na malakas ang pumasok. morethan 10! kay marquez lesthan 10.

sarado isip.. hmm.. i wonder about that hehe

kaming mga ngssbi na nanalo si marquez tanggap namin na panalo si pacman kc msyadong close ang fight

kayong mga loyal supporters ni pacman hindi matanggap na may ngssbing pinoy na panalo si marquez ^^

@Orange1

eto basahin mo ha?

Click the link.

Why Castigate MP?

Just finished reading it! Nice! Pacquiao haters should read this! :thumbsupsmiley:

to quote some:

- First, the record will establish that both Pacquiao and Marquez gave their thumbs-up on the three judges who were assigned by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

- Pacquiao, being the aggressor, threw more blows, 619 to 511 or a huge difference of 108. Some judges give a lot of credit to aggressiveness because after all, boxing is a combative sport.

- Third, the judges’ scorecards didn’t show major disparities. They scored the first round for Pacquiao – which The STAR did, too. They also scored the third, fourth and 10th for the Filipino. Additionally, they were unanimous in scoring the second, fifth, seventh, eighth and 11th rounds for Marquez.

- From the scorecards, it’s clear that the difference was in the knockdown that Pacquiao produced in the third round because it meant a 10-8 count or a two-point cushion. In a close bout, a knockdown could be the decider and it was in last Saturday’s fight.

- Don’t forget that Pacquiao should’ve won the first meeting by a split decision four years ago... So if you really think about it, Pacquiao has effectively beaten Marquez twice.

- Marquez is a tough opponent and because of his style, will always be difficult for Pacquiao to handle.

- There are so many other “could’ves” to cite but the fact is two of the three judges scored it for Pacquiao and he won, fair and square. Pacquiao earned the victory because he fought with the bigger heart, came back strong in the late rounds and every Filipino should be proud of his achievement in becoming the first Asian to win three world titles in different divisions. He bled for every one of his countrymen, he took Marquez’ hardest shots without backing down. You couldn’t ask anything more from a hero.

Very well said by Quinito "The Dean" Henson :thumbsupsmiley:

what do you guys mean when you say haters or blind followers?

ang definition ko kasi e yung hindi marunong mag acccept ng opinions ng iba at pumuputak ng parang hindi edukadong bata kapag hindi pareho ang pagiisip nila ng ibangposter at yakap paring ng yakap sa bayag ng idol nila.

maraming blind haters ni pacman at dinamita dito. maraming masyadong marunong. masyadong maraming satsat pero hindi naman mapatunayan. maraming daldal ng daldal na paulit ulit naman ang sinasabi.

kung hindi niyo kayag irespeto ang opinyon ng iba kung sino ang nanalo, wala nalang bastusan. iba ang tingin mo sa tingin ng iba.

kelangan bang kwestyunin kung tingin ko e nanalo si pacman si marquez?