PacMan's Corner

menime

-marquez did a much better job

-pacman's afraid that marquez will knock him out, you can see it in his hesitation to attack after he tasted the gloves of dynamita

- it would have been better if the match resulted in a draw or split decision in favor of marquez

- im a pacman fan but im not a blind-fanatic, there should be a 3rd match

posts like this happens because pacman's fans are mostly just pacman fans and not really into boxing or knows nothing about boxing at all

hhuuuuuwwwwwwwaaaaaaaawwwwwwww tinde mo ah at boxing analyst ka pala talaga

dami pala namin ditong laging "nag o off topic at mga stupid posts" as you call it

sige lang kaw na mag post dito starting from now

mag monitor na lang kami lagi ng mga matitinde mong posts dito at analysis

hhuuuuuwwwwwwwaaaaaaaawwwwwwww tinde mo ah at boxing analyst ka pala talaga

dami pala namin ditong laging "nag o off topic at mga stupid posts" as you call it

sige lang kaw na mag post dito starting from now

mag monitor na lang kami lagi ng mga matitinde mong posts dito at analysis

my motto in life is "dont argue with an idiot, cuz he will bring u down to his level and beat u down with experience"

bottom line is, i wont argue with you =)

@howard_the_duck

mas masaya nga ang boxing nung dating 15 rnds p ang mga laban, n pg npatumba ang kalaban d n kelangan pmunta sa neutral corner pde ka nandun lang malapit sa kalaban mo pa pag tayo nya banatan mo ulit haha

well as expected biniago nila mga rules kc health ng mga fighters ang nkasalalay.

pacman could go 20 rounds of slugfest though. in my point of view

Edited by Fright

A highway robbery it wasn't. Some decisions are just too glaringly biased and one sided that the argument of a mysterious sinister plot to rob a dominant boxer of a victory is not too far fethced. Not in this fight. As many have already pointed out, it was a close fight with each round a toss up except for two, the 3rd which Pacquiao won 10-8 and the 12th which Marquez dominated and won 10-9. And there's the difference in all of its simplicity. 10 clsoe rounds evenly split betwen the protagonists and two defining rounds that spelled the one point win for Pacquiao by virtue of the monster knockdown. Is there a case for Marquez to have won the fight, definitely. But did Marquez dominate Pacquiao from bell to bell for his camp to raise hell that there was a dark hand manipulatng the outcome? I don't think so. In a fight that could have gone either way, it just went Pacquiao's and by a hairline at that. Even if it was the other way around, I don't think Pacquiao would have any reason to complain as well.

Marquez was the more technical boxer that night and was more precise. If it was judged like an amateur fight, Morales would have won hands down with the volume of punches landed against what Pacquiao was able to give out. I initially had Marquez winning 7-5 rounds, 114-113 and was mildly surprised how two of the judges could count won rounds for Pacquaio what appeared to be rounds that Marquez was dominating. At least from my point of view at home. But then the subtleties came into play (i.e. watching the fight live, angle of the observer etc...) and it's easy to accept that some factors may have been appreciated more by the judges sitting at ringside. I also reviewed stats and again was mildly surprised that the margin in punches, both jabs and power punches, landed were not as one sided as I initially thought and dispelling my earlier view that Marquez outpunched Pacquiao and dominated. With those numbers, and a closer view of the action, it could be justified for a ringside judge to view close rounds that appeared to be won by a busier Marquez on TV as going to Pacquio who was more dominating with his lesser volume but more convincing power punches. Professional boxing rewards rounds to boxers who dominate, who showed more gamemanship. And between a counterpuncher laying in wait to react to the atacks of a brawler, the later would naturally appear to be more aggressive. And in a close round, without a big disparity in punches landed, Pacquaio would also naturally look better and may explain how he stole rounds that many could easily concede to Marquez. That's just my opinion of course.

In the end, it was a great fight. And luckily, a Filipino has came out a winner. And still deservingly so despite the close margin and the prevailing controversy. As I have mentioned in this forum even as far back as two years ago when there were only a handful of posters, Pacquiao doesn't need the belts to make his money but I was always rooting for him to go after belts to cement his legacy, and a place in the boxing hall of fame, as well as arguably the best Asian professional boxer of all time. Well he made it during the fight. That his fourth title in four different weight divisions (if we count the ring belts with the alphabet titles). He will go for a legit fourth alphabet belt when he fights the human wrecking ball David Diaz in a few months.

Hats off to Marquez, who has been and always will be a bad match-up for Pacquiao. The classic brawler versus boxer battle. A match made in heaven. For arm chair analysts, we can just cut it and dice it a million ways until the next fight. Hopefully the boxing Gods will smile upon us again and give us another humdinger of a classic.

Edited by brawler201

i respect the judge decision. hindi naman kasi olympic boxing yan na paramihan ng nai connect. sa 2 meetong ni marquez at pacquiao 4 na beses ng bumulagta si marquez at never si pacman. ang judge ang pinakamalapit sa ringside sila ang nakakakita ng mas malapit. mahirap husgahan na nagnakaw ng titolo si pacman dahil nde ko pa sya nakitang nandaya sa boxing. madalas sya ang dinaya. siguro marami lang ang nasanay na napapanood si pacman ng nanalo sya via tko. kung talagang gustong bumawi ni marquez sana tinupad nya sabi nya na papatulugin nya si pacman. so definitely he is the looser. hindi lang talaga tatangap ng pagkatalo ang mga chikano. sa youtube nga sabi nila old age na raw si barerra kaya natalo nung una. ano yun early aging???

definitely pacman is the winner.

Manny was too heavy for his frame. Wla ciang hand and foot speed masyado. Mali mali din ang footwork nya. I kept pointing this out loud sa cine. Nakakatawa kasi madaming naiirita sakin, meron tlga ayaw na may nag pupuna kay Manny. Muntik nako mapa away, lol.

Anyway, pasok na pasok tlga lagi ang right straight ni Marquez. Sunod lang kc ng sunod c Manny kay Marquez. Hindi ni kina cut yung ring and while doing so he places himself right on the spot para sa mga straights ni Marquez. Dapat umiikot cia papuntang right side ni Juan to nullify the right, at maipasok nia ang left straight nia.

I felt in my heart that Marquez really won. Mahirap kc i defend ang panalo ni Pacman e. JM Marquez landed the cleaner shots, at mas madami. I saw Manny stagger around ng ilan beses. I was screaming my heart out OMG OMG OMG in the 8th. I thought Pacman was going to get TKO'd.

Anyway sana, 3rd fight cila. And hopefully, he won't move up to 135lb. I don't think he will be successful dun, cgro aside from David Diaz. Pag dating kay Juan Diaz o Nate Campbell talo cia dun.

Last, Manny can take a punch and at my puso ng leon. Sobrang tapang nia, cgro kung ibang fighter yun tumaggap ng mga suntok na yun ni Marquez e taob na, not Manny.

Edited by 0range1

Honestly, kung nagka palit ng position c Manny at Juan Marquez, sure ball ako madami din pinoy mag a alburuto.

Kahit nga yung ungan fyt vs Marquez, people kept pointing out na mali ang judge etc etc. Truth of the matter is, wlang written rule na mandatory 10-6 ang score pag 3 KD's sa isang round. Nasa judge na ang discretion nun. At sa tingin ko it was JMM who was more amazing with his comeback rather than the 3 KD's + some more bombs.

My galing at tapang din si Juan, kaya nga sabi ko pupusta ako sa rematch e. Wla nga lang nakipag pustahan. lol

Anyway, I have nothing but pride sa panalo ni Manny. Ang ayaw ko lang yung, parang my yabang na naiwan kay Manny parang pikon cia. It didn't pass my taste nun cnabi nia sa TV Patrol na suntukan na lang cla ni Marquez, kahit wlang gloves. Left a sour taste in my mouth. Nag iba na nga c Pacman.

REMATCH?!

Well... sure... sure... Pero, BACK OF THE LINE muli pipila si Marquez!

Manny is the MAN! He is the big paycheck fighter of the moment (when was the last time a Filipino fighter became that?). Manny gave Marquez 2 CHANCES. He can cry a river all he wants, but HE DIDN'T BEAT MANNY. Buster Douglas had to knockout MIKE TYSON, embarrass the fool, before he could wrestle his title away from him. Sure it was JMM who had the belt, but Manny had the AURA! He is the most exciting money-making fighter of the moment. Manny sells tickets. JMM earned his biggest paycheck off this fight with MANNY.

I say Manny gets to CHOOSE his next fight, whatever suits his career best. And to toy with JMM's head a little, I'd say JMM must first win a lightweight title before Manny becomes interested. :D

I couldn't agree more... HeHeHe! :thumbsupsmiley:

It's not Manny's fault that he's a more popular fighter than the Dinamita of Mexico. :P I agree to a rematch but JMM, get back in line and wait for your turn, ok? :lol: Medyo busy pa yung Champion namin eh! :evil:

Just love your own... :thumbsupsmiley:

Manny may not have won "convincingly" but I believe that no one would dispute the fact that he fought bravely. Takot siya kay Marquez? C'mon I don't think so. Kung totoo yan, wala nang Pacquiao-Marquez Part 2. JMM landed more punches? Sure. So who landed the more "telling" blows? I'm sure it's PacMan. ^_^

Nakakatawang-nakakainis kasi yung mga nagsasabing naniniwala silang the fight was too close to call pero they can't be happy with Pacquiao winning. Kung aaminin mo na the fight's "too close to call," that means IF in case JMM won, you would argue as well that JMM did not win convincingly, right? :rolleyes:

So that brings out the question... had Marquez won, would you be able to say that it was a "convincing" win? I DON'T THINK SO. First, he got knocked down. Ok, ok, he got back up... boxed gamely... but did he DOMINATE the rest of the fight after Round 3? NOT REALLY. He got Round 8 convincingly after PAcMan suffered a cut... but was he able to completely exploit it to win the fight? Of course, not! <_< Why the hell would he be hugging the ropes especially in Round 10 had he completely out-boxed Manny? Tsk!

It's too close to call... I agree. As one forumer here said, the cookie crumbled our way and it rightfully should. We have the world's most admired and most loved boxer in this weight division! As much as Manny wasn't able to KO Marquez, JMM was equally wanting in dominating his challenger to keep the title. I commend the judges for giving credit to Pacquiao's being the aggressor all throughout the fight. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Legionnaire

Pwede po bang makisali sa umpukan nyo mga boys? May dala naman ako pulutan eh. :lol: Seriously, I've been keeping tabs on your various opinions/analysis here and I was really surprised with some reactions on this post. Meron pa ngang parang magsusuntukan na. Maybe, the difference in the appreciation of the result was because of the time of watching the event. Baka naman for those who watched it in delayed telecast were of the opinion that Pacman lost because they have already heard the opinions of other people who watched the fight. Hence, biased na sila even before watching the bout. Since the judges were at the corner of the ring and paying close attention to the fight, maybe we can give them the benefit of the doubt that indeed Pacman won.

Rematch talaga dapat, si marquez na rin mismo ang nagsabi kahit umakyat daw ng timbang si pacman, hahabulin nya pumayag lang ng rematch si pacman di ba?

I don't think na tatanggi siya if the terms and conditions are right. :thumbsupsmiley: Well, challenger na lang si JMM so he should work harder on the negotiation table. ;)

magandang paliwanag nung isang judge. they expect that jmm can knockdown pacman as he said. but what they see is just a lot of punches. sa olympic padamihan ng jabs. pero professional boxing to. show your convincing fight. pacman-marquez 1 though naging draw he was floored 3 times in roung one. hindi na kailangan ng statistics or jab counting. sa pacman-marquez2 nabago lang ang taktika ni marquez mas na iinitiate na sya ng suntok at may mga low blows na sya. hindi mo maconvince ang judge na nanalo ka lalo na kung professional judge ang andun. lahat sila over one decade na sa career they know who really won. mukhang bibo nya si marquez sa tv pero hindi sya convincing manalo sa judge.

anyway they are both even. big reason para manalo si pacman is knockdown. may nagtanong bakit 10-8 ang sa round 3? either 8 or 7 lang ang dapat ng kay marquez. kasi kung susumahin 2 times sya na knockdown nung last second sa round 3. saved by the bell ika nga. if ever na nabigyan ng 8 si marquez discretion ng judge yun since pedeng icount ang last second knockdown. considering na pwede syang 2 na knockdown though hindi kinoncider ng ref un.

both even but considering marquez got floored again plus his low blows. pacman definitely win.

im not pacman's fans but kita ko bakit sya dapat manalo. he never cheat sa from round 1-12.