Trance, Rave, House Music, Progressive...

hotchic_primrose

Hey guys, sorry if this sounds like a 'bobo' question but how do you distinguish between house, trance, rave and chillout music? Konting enlightenment naman, mga party folks ...

Salamat sa mga playlists, keep 'em coming. :thumbsupsmiley:

Contribute din ako - "Your Mistake" - Robbie Rivera.

Hey guys, sorry if this sounds like a 'bobo' question but how do you distinguish between house, trance, rave and chillout music? Konting enlightenment naman, mga party folks ...

Salamat sa mga playlists, keep 'em coming.  :thumbsupsmiley:

Contribute din ako - "Your Mistake" - Robbie Rivera.

go to music one or tower and be at the electronica section. they have listening stations for each genre.

yes the other two...parang its funny when you listen to them...they never fade young style..heehehehe..thats what i like with their style..

yo..im giving away that hey dj..the movie..

but i cant give you the its all gone movie..talagang make sense na movie...really cool..

after i watched it..i keep mixing more ..all the time..we only have to ears....

I believe their (the other two's) version sounds better.

ayt, dencio, house music is usually more musical type of dance music. It employs real drums, keyboards etc and is more accepted commercially than the other forms of dance music: techno, trance, DnB, etc

trance music is the most advanced formed of dance music and also is the most melodic form.

anyways here's a site for you to get 'enlightened' about dance music:

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

hmm.. funny i did not notice this thread when i checked the music room. :blink:

anyway, can anyone here tell me where to get copies (in pinas) of armin van buuren's a state of trance '06?? :unsure:

and dj tiesto's first isos compilation?? :unsure:

any info, will be appreciated... album images below.. :mtc:

post-24757-1149766867.jpg post-24757-1149766883.jpg

Edited by kikmeister
hmm.. funny i did not notice this thread when i checked the music room.  :blink:

anyway, can anyone here tell me where to get copies (in pinas) of armin van buuren's a state of trance '06??  :unsure:

and dj tiesto's first isos compilation??  :unsure:

any info, will be appreciated...  album images below..  :mtc:

post-24757-1149766867.jpg  post-24757-1149766883.jpg

I'm kinda familiar with local stores and it is really rare that you see Buuren's albums. You can only find his tracks on mix compilation albums. As for Tiesto, before his gig here, his albums were really a rare find but days before his gig here, shops did a major flaunt of his works on their shelves.

The best that you can do is to order it online thru their sites or amazon.com or juno.co.uk or other online cd shops. That is if you really want to have them. Or you can just go to limewire and dload it.

hey, wow a thread for electronica!!! wonder why i haven't seen this before. anyway, i've been backreading since 3pm today (and it's almost 9 in the evening already) and i must say that the playlists that you guys have shared were awsome! i got hooked into trance and house because of a friend who sort of forced it down my throat. he borrowed my pc's hard drive to copy some files and then when he returned it it had an additional 4 gigabytes of electronica! eventually it grew on me and now i must say i'm hooked. but i'm more into house these days coz i think it's more "listenable". i know some of you here may have other opinions but hey, we're all free to choose what we like right? anyway, i'm really thankful to you guys for posting those playlists, mine badly needed an upgrade and the songs you suggested really hit the spot! :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

nga pala, here are some songs i listen to. yung iba bordering on pop but i still like the sound

atb - 9pm(till i come) <----yes, sobrang luma na but it still does it for me

js16 - stomp to my beat <----from dance, dance revolution

artful dodger - movin' too fast

atfc feat. lisa millett - sleeptalk

superman lovers - starlight

simply red - sunrise 2003

s club 7 - don't stop movin' <--yeah i know, pero sarap pankinggan if you overlook the artist

atomic kitten - ladies' night <--eto rin

and sobrang trip ko rin chicane and the crystal method. anyone here listen to BT?

I'm kinda familiar with local stores and it is really rare that you see Buuren's albums. You can only find his tracks on mix compilation albums. As for Tiesto, before his gig here, his albums were really a rare find but days before his gig here, shops did a major flaunt of his works on their shelves.

The best that you can do is to order it online thru their sites or amazon.com or juno.co.uk or other online cd shops. That is if you really want to have them. Or you can just go to limewire and dload it.

thanks for the info.. i also tried browsing stores like tower records, odyssey, etc. but i could only find the most recent titles for tiesto and none for armin van buuren.. i was hoping maybe i missed a spot somewhere and that somebody could point it out.. but i guess i may have to order online anyway.. thanks again.. :mtc:

thanks for the info.. i also tried browsing stores like tower records, odyssey, etc. but i could only find the most recent titles for tiesto and none for armin van buuren.. i was hoping maybe i missed a spot somewhere and that somebody could point it out.. but i guess i may have to order online anyway.. thanks again..  :mtc:

I have an extra Armin DVD. I can swap it for a DVD. Message me if you want it.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5230/armin5tu.jpg