Trance, Rave, House Music, Progressive...

hotchic_primrose

Considered bang House ang Basement Jaxx?

Nyways, favorite house song ko nowadays is Be my World-Milky, Music Sounds better with you-Stardust, Oh my Gosh-Basement Jaxx...

for me it's ambient, try to download romeo astig it's a mix of beach and ambient kinda relaxing na nakakawarp sarap pang steady same with northern lights

yah ... it was the closing track for the set from all saints.

i'll swap my van buuren dvd with dat hey dj movie.

i changed my mind..im not selling hey dj the movie...ill send it too..nalang..hehehe

just pm me ur address..

oh yah pure sures..i used to play it on the radio..

good thing norman cook's didnt put or write

"NO GIRLBAND MUSIC ALOUD IN SET"A.K.A GROOVENATION

in his flyer..hehehehe

just pm me ur add dj bigs..ill send the hey dj..movie

please dont k*ll the scene..look wat happened to rock...that nirvana bullshit..he killed himself because

bullshit people (you know who are ..) were listenning to his music.

Like rap music....andrew e ...and those corny pinoy rappers killed it..

so ..please dont k*ll the scence...

hitting the nail by its head!

SHAPESHIFTERS

Shapeshifters is chart-topping west london house duo simon marlin and max reich, who this year have managed to produce that aural holy grail ­ a cool tune that does the business in the clubs and proved irresistible to the mainstream. they're about quality music and bouncing parties, and are leading the current charge in house music's renaissance that has seen an exciting upsurge in the scene this year.

2004 saw the launch of nocturnal groove, a new label from simon and his now immortalised wife lola (ex-peppermint jam and sarm studios respectively), in which max is also a partner. its aim was simple: to provide proper, quality house music and release the same tracks they were playing out at the label's monthly club night. simon, who already ran the hugely successful peppermint jam nights at the aka bar in london, re-launched the monthly bash as nocturnal at the end of december 2003; despite it being post christmas, and pre pay-day, the first party saw the venue splitting at the seams, with queues around the block, and the bar enjoy record takings ­ a feat they've continued to surpass up to the present day.

simon has an ear for the tunes that rock the club's devotees. his musical education came from teenage years spent on the dancefloors of the late 80's and early 90's, the heady days of funky, euphoric house beats, and a move from the midlands to london furthered his passion for dance music...

his unequalled knowledge of the genre led him into djing and artist management, and it was in this capacity that he first crossed paths with max.

born in sweden where he lived to the age of 8, max moved to spain with his mum, "a painter and a bit of a hippy" who literally pointed at the map with eyes closed and picked a small village by the sea called altea.

during the late eighties, acid house was kicking off around the mediterranean. hooked, max would get the local record shop to order in the more obscure labels. his second love was technology, and he spent considerable time inventing electrical gadgets, or taking his sister's radio apart to put back together...

a born entrepreneur, he got his first paid gig at 12. he also got his own show on the local station, radio therapy. soon though, he was to return to his native country, and gothenburg.

whilst working at the city's university of journalism, max started organising raves with a friend, samuel l. session, who introduced him to techno, which he'd previously considered "a bit weird". for four years he threw illegal raves that repeatedly made the front page of the local paper, but when 2000 people regularly turned up the police came calling. after spending a month in prison following a raid, max called it a day, but the money from the parties had been going towards production equipment and financing his own label. by age 21, he was playing clubs with carl cox and laurent garnier. releases during this time included the highly acclaimed artist album, swedish workout, and his remixes for faithless, moloko, george michael and jean jacques smoothie ensured him further dancefloor appeal in the following years...

but, ever experimental, he decided it was time to try something different. coincidentally, simon was over in sweden djing whilst working for a small label called down boy, and was also looking to sign some productions. he asked a friend if he knew of anyone who was making tracks, who suggested max. they were introduced in a record shop in gothenburg in 1996 and simon signed max to down boy immediately on the strength of a cassette that he'd heard. he then licensed max's short-lived band fused to sony, and max moved to london cementing the pair's relationship as manager and partner in crime. before splitting, fused released some devastatingly uplifting house tracks, one of which appeared as the finale on the revered danny tenaglia back to basics album, standing out for its sheer production values.

in 2003, with no commercial pressure or expectations, the pair finally sat down to make a tune together, combining simon's love of house and max's darker, techie sound and fascination with rich production...

they consequently spent many nights holed up in max's studio, where they'd sit down testing out new bits of kit and experimenting with different sounds. it was these early sessions with simon on keyboards that created 'lola's theme'. the initial inspiration had come whilst lola was going through her old vinyl collection, digging out tunes to play after a night out. as she put on several of her favourites and started to sing, the vibe caught simon's ear and the seed was planted.

seven months later, and 'lola's theme' became the undeniable dance hit of the past few years. the track received unanimous support from the worlds coolest and most purist house aficionados, with many heralding it as a turning point for the dance scene...

alongside renowned songwriter, karen poole, simon and max penned the song for the vocal version, and with gospel singer cookie, (the only person who could perform the vocal feats required) the track went on to take over the airwaves, and every dancefloor in the uk. numerous tv performances followed, and suddenly west london's coolest house duo was the buzzword for a nation that had suddenly got its groove back. the tune spent more than 8 weeks at the top of the national airplay chart, sounding the welcome return of house music to daytime radio.

'Lola's theme' epitomises the ethos of shapeshifters and nocturnal groove, uniting the dancefloor with its stand out irresistible groove, addictive hook, and epic sound, but only tells some of the story. imagine a rocking venue with all the right tunes, all your best mates, and an intimate, happy crowd, and you'll start to see what the nocturnal parties are about.

post-23387-1148310205.jpg

everytime i hear this song i feel always cheated cause the intro is like a rip off from that bonnie bailey hit.

but i still prefer the older version with that New Order gal - Sister Bliss ... do you guys recall the THE OTHER TWO.

yes the other two...parang its funny when you listen to them...they never fade young style..heehehehe..thats what i like with their style..

yo..im giving away that hey dj..the movie..

but i cant give you the its all gone movie..talagang make sense na movie...really cool..

after i watched it..i keep mixing more ..all the time..we only have to ears....

haaay, buti ka pa, i can't get that station, the signal is too weak, grrrr

I guess that depends on where you are located.

I basically move around Quezon City and the car stereo can clearly pick up the signal unlike before where a lot of static was heard. Nowadays, only little static is heard and only worsens if passing by a radio or TV transmitter or high voltage transformer or something.

The signal is so much improved in my mini-component as well. Although an antenna is still required to be extended all the way up, I no longer have to reposition the antenna every so often. And if you have a two-decimal-place digital tuner, try to tune it to 107.85 MHz instead of 107.9. The signal is stronger.

Now I get to enjoy house music 24 hours a day without static interference.

Edited by hitman531ph